• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle of the Pokemon Titans: The Series

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
  • Age 32
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
1.About Me
You all might have known me as pikadon92. Initally, I was introduced to pokemon hacking, but I had to give up in the end because I always got stuck somewhere (especially when I wanted to include shadow pokemon into the GBA games). Eventually, I decidied to use RPG Maker XP to create a game instead.

2.About these games
On June 2008, I've thought of five games based on one story. These 5 games (in the form of tomes) are the compilations of "Battle of the Pokemon Titans". Here are the five games and their version mascots, the Pokemon Titans (because they will be involved in the story):

Tome of Fire :Ho-Oh
Tome of Water :Kyogre
Tome of Earth :Regigigas
Tome of Air :Rayquaza
Tome of Aether :"The Original One"

Each game will take place in different regions. (So they will have different players, pokemon found etc.)

But all these games will have one thing in common-they all have the same villian!

Oh yeah and one more thing: I'll be using RPG Maker XP for these games. I am hoping to use Pokemon Essentials Diamond and Pearl for this.

3.Concepts

3.1 Features
Unfortunately I have planned a few so far. They are:
-Game (and storyline) based on the 493 existing pokemons
-New attacks (and with all the existing moves, there will be (aiming for 600) moves altogether)
-New HM moves that aids you in the game
-Pokemon that evolves by trade will evolve by leveling up while you are battling with a partner (true double battles)
-If any, these pokemon must, however, still hold a specific item which would have trigger evolvtion when traded (eg. poliwhirl with king's rock)
But before getting dissapointed, let me say that I am still thinking of more.

3.2 Villian of this Game: Aleph Cosmos
'Aleph' means first and 'Cosmos' means order. Where the world is not controlled by anyone, Aleph Cosmos' goal is to bring the Pokemon Titans under their control so that they would rule the whole world!

Aleph Cosmos is made up of five people, excluding the grunts. However, the grunts arn't just typical group of goons that would be easily get beaten by 10-year-olds (or older). Rather, they are living human dolls without 'souls', crafted by one of the mambers of Aleph Cosmos. They are always emotionless and would only follow orders of their creators. Although they possess the knowledge required to complete their task, they lack the ability to think on their own. That weakness makes them easier to be stopped.

3.3 Settings

This game will take place in five made-up regions: Percayia, Aidor, Jai, Aeraos and Aether.
However, in each game, you would travel on only two of the five regions.

4.Summary on the intro of the games

4.1 Year 0-before the timeline of the tomes
Year 0 was where the world was about to meet its end.
Corruption had been spreaded to every nation,
People had started to turn against one another,
Famine had struck every piece of land,
Inevitably, life vanished at an alarming rate.
The Original One, saddened by such chaos,
Would not wish its creation to crumble beyond dust.

The Original One then called forth four beings,
and granted them power matching Time and Space.
A mysterios humanoid binded lands together as one;
A sky dragon mediated among even dangerous foes;
An orca brought rain so that life could return;
And a phoenix revived all hearts from despair,
With a rainbow that promises such an apocalypse will never happen again.

4.2 Tome of Fire

4.3 Tome of Water

4.4 Tome of Earth

4.5 Tome of Air

4.5 Tome of Aether

5.Stuff I need help of
No one is perfect and I am no different. What I do need so far is
-A scripter (until I have finally learnt the art of scripting)
-Someone who is very good in english. Who knows, I may actually suck at grammar and spelling so badly someone might be reporting this as spaming out random letters uncontrollably.

Is there a must to have form for you to sign up? But anyway, guess I have to think of what requirments you'd have to type in.

6.Let me say something at the end of the day
I have nothing else to think up of at this moment. But if I think of any good ideas, I'll add them here. Good day.

(Ref: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=3586275&postcount=47)

Last edited:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
BrainWave said:
1.About Me
You all might have known me as pikadon92. I didn't, but oh well...Initally, I was introduced to pokemon hacking, but I had to give up in the end because I always got stuck somewhere (especially when I wanted to include shadow pokemon into the GBA games). Eventually, I decidied to use RPG Maker XP to create a game instead. Hacking has MUCH more resources than game making. If you get stuck hacking, you'll probably end up encountering more problems here.

2.About these games
On June 2008, I've thought of five games based on one story. These 5 games (in the form of tomes) are the complications You mean compilations, right? of "Battle of the Pokemon Titans". Here are the five games and their version mascots, the Pokemon Titans (because they will be involved in the story):

Tome of Fire :Ho-Oh
Tome of Water :Kyogre
Tome of Earth :Regigigas
Tome of Air :Rayquaza
Tome of Aether :Arceus

Great... But what is this "Battle of the Pokemon Titans"? And how are you going to make all these five games? Will it follow episodes like Odyssey Episodes did?

Each game will take place in different regions. (So they will have different players, pokemon found etc.) Good luck with that...

But all these games will have one thing in common-they all have the same evil team!

Oh yeah and one more thing: I'll be using RPG Maker XP for these games. Will you be using Essentials?

3.Concepts

3.1 Features
Unfortunately I have planned a few so far. That's a bad thing? They are:
-Game (and storyline) based on the 493 existing pokemons Well, that's not really a feature...
-New attacks (and with all the existing moves, there will be (aiming for 600) moves altogether) ~JV~ did it, but it took him awhile... Are you sure you know what you're getting into here?
-New HM moves that aids you in the game Nothing new here.
-Pokemon that evolves by trade will evolve by leveling up while you are battling with a partner (true double battles) Eh.
-If any, these pokemon must, however, still hold a specific item which would have trigger evolvtion when traded (eg. poliwhirl with king's rock)
But before getting dissapointed, let me say that I am still thinking of more.

3.2 Evil 'team': Aleph Cosmos
'Aleph' means first and 'Cosmos'means order. Wowee! You actually followed the first rule of naming: etimology! Where the world is not controlled by anyone, Aleph Cosmos' goal is to bring the Pokemon Titans under their control so that they would rule the whole world! Unfortunately, it was all for not. This is a very big and blaring cliche to anyone reading it. First off, you do not need an evil team in a game. That only subtracts from its value. Second of all, their goal is unrealistic and so classically "evil mastermind" that it's not even funny.

4.Summary on the intro of the games

Year 0-before the timeline of the tomes
(I'll add this tomorrow, so I can tell you it will involve the Pokemon Titans)

Tome of Fire

Tome of Water

Tome of Earth

Tome of Air

Ooooookay... Moving on now.

5.Stuff I need help of
No one is perfect and I am no different. What I do need so far is
-A scripter (until I ... finally learn... the art of scripting) Good luck. All you need to do is find the right tutorial. Considering you're using Ruby, I recommend Chris Pines's little tut. That is, if you know absolutely NOTHING about scripting beforehand.
-Someone who is very good in [E]nglish. Who knows, I may actually suck at grammar and spelling so badly someone might be reporting this as spamming out random letters uncontrollably. It's definitely not the worst thing I've read... Then again, not the best either. The corrections were on purpose.

Is there a must to have form for you to sign up? What? But anyway, guess I have to think of what requirments you'd have to type in.

6.Let me say something at the end of the day
I have nothing else to think up of at this moment. But if I think of any good ideas, I'll add them here. Good day. That last bit was pointless, if you ask me.

Looks like you still have a good bit of writing to do! Refer to the bolds.

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
Years
  • Age 32
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Great... But what is this "Battle of the Pokemon Titans"? And how are you going to make all these five games? Will it follow episodes like Odyssey Episodes did?
No, not episodes. Each tomes will have their own seperate story, although most of them will happen on the same timezone as one another.

Now I have corrected a spelling error and added "Year 0".

Unfortunately, it was all for not. This is a very big and blaring cliche to anyone reading it. First off, you do not need an evil team in a game. That only subtracts from its value. Second of all, their goal is unrealistic and so classically "evil mastermind" that it's not even funny.

Guess I have to work on Aleph Cosmos since they will be in the story as well. But come to think of it, 'evil team' gives an impression of steotypical goons who would only get beating up by players so easily. However it's not exactly an 'evil team' that you had in mind.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Stop reviving old threads. No ones posted here in almost a year, why the hell would you?

Back