• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials Diamond and Pearl Moves & Abilities Project

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
  • Pedapp (Pokémon Essentials Diamond and Pearl Project)

Pokémon Essentials Diamond and Pearl Project

Updated 18st August 2009

No longer under construction! Please read post on page 8!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    This project seems very promising, i know alot of people would love this Project especially struggling Game Makers :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I think Copycat has the same script of Mirror Move.

Wrong; Copycat copies the last move successfully used, while Mirror Move only copies the last move used on the user. Also, for Mirror Move, the original user of the move must still be on the field.

Anyway, these could help: Moves.txt Abilities.txt
    I made those files myself, but I'm making them freely available.
    The D/P move functions can be found here.

EDIT: I'd say it should only be distributed to people who already have some scripting knowledge; they'd have to demonstrate a custom script or two.

mad.array

Years
  • Hi guys, thanks for the support.

Wichu: Thanks for the files, I really appreciate it. I'm sure you know about all the site jumping that you have to go through just to make sure everything's right (before getting five contrasting formulae for a move/ability). I'd been using the UPCs attack list (as well as Bulbapedia and Eevees MoveDex) but there's one thing that has me stumped on there: when poccil gives a formulae he'll occasionally put a number after a comma. This isn't any maths/code that I know of. Do you have any idea what it means? As an example this is from Gyro Ball:

Code:
    int((opponent's current Speed*25)/max(user's current Speed,1))+1.

Shaggy Typhlosion: The only difference between Flare Blitz and Double Edge/Brave Bird is that Flare Blitz has a chance to burn the opponent, but essentially that would be an Additional Effect so it could be put in the same class (screwing with the hex codes I know =P).

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Code:
    int((opponent's current Speed*25)/max(user's current Speed,1))+1

There a comma there because its an argument to that function. The function is max..

int is also a function Its encapsulating the entire mathematical expression, forcing the result to be an integer, always rounding down.

Since I have no idea what scripting language your in. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that max, since max has different uses in different languages but by far the most common is, returns the highest of the two numbers. Which makes sense in his application. By using max(speed,1) it ensures that he will never divide by 0 because if speed is less than 1 the max () will return one. Its a safety precaution.

mad.array

Years
  • Ah, thanks for that. I've got the int part covered, it's done by putting .floor at the end of the part you want to be an integer. This is being done in RGSS, which is a modified version of Ruby.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Well I wish I could help out with the moves.txt I have but apparently Wichu beat me to it. I don't have anything to offer now but I'd like you to know that I'm always gonna be a supporter of this project. Have a nice day and good luck.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    If I can be bothered to weed out the D/P effects from my custom effects, I could provide most of the scripts for the moves and abilities. As long as this doesn't get into the hands of too many noobs (more RMXPers need to learn to script)...

mad.array

Years
  • Well I would like to get this to as many people as possible, but I agree that more people need to learn to script. Perhaps there could be two versions? A basic and an advanced? If you can show that you/your project has put the effort into scripting then you get the advanced one, otherwise just the basic. It's an idea that I've not really fleshed out, but it seems to be the easiest way and one that encourages people to learn to script. What do you think?

Post The Second

Ok guys. An Alpha is available for anyone that wants to test. We've already got one candidate but are looking for more.

It's a blank slate in essence. As there are quite a few moves involved, I thought that the best plan would be to let the testers decide which Pokémon they face for the most part. Testers can feel free to change anything in the Alpha if it helps them to test. PM me if you're interested and I'll be in contact.

Last edited:

mad.array

Years
  • Ok, small update. I've re-uploaded the Alpha as I was having a struggle with... Struggle. I forgot it's got its own class since I changed to wichus moves.txt and I didn't put that in.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Should I get started on transferring the scripts to a blank Essentials project?

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate if you did that, Wichu. It would be even better if it was included in Pokemon Essentials in the next update.

For people using older copies of Essentials (that may or may not have custom attack scripts already), it would be nice to have detailed instructions on how to update the move scripts.

mad.array

Years
  • If you wouldn't mind wichu. I'll admit there's a part of me that's being stubborn and wants to crack a few of the stubborn buggers, but the part of me that loves sleep is going to win this one and take a peek at your effects. All of the help is muchly appreciated.

I'm guessing that those instructions would benefit you InMooseWeTrust, right? ;-)
    I'm already on it. I'm keeping a track of where every bit of code is going and which move it belongs to. If anyone is using a version of Essentials where one of our features conflicts with that version of essentials then that may cause a problem, but hopefully that won't happen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Okay, I'll give it a shot. I'm not expecting to finish today, and if I don't, I'll probably have it done tomorrow.

Oh, and these files on poccil's site might be useful:
    Pokemon.txt
    TM.txt

EDIT: Okay, maybe I can finish it today. I've PMed LokiFerne the scripts file.

Last edited:

mad.array

Years
  • Awwww, crap. That pokemon.txt file took me ages to update. Still, I trust poccils file over my own so I'll adopt that. Double thanks for both the links to the UPC and the link to your file.

I may be a bit busy over the next week but I will be flitting on whenever possible. There are a few things I'm looking at, but I'm keeping those to myself. Well just in case I don't see you before, Happy New Year everyone

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Im for sure supporting that, if there is anything I could do to help VM me =], maybe I can test some of the moves for you...

Back