• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Cheating??

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Is using Legendary Pokemon in a battle against your friend, or the Leauge cheating?
I for one think that it is sort of, I mean, if you and your friends have a lvl:50 battle level, and you pop out with a Lvl:50 legendary, you will trounce all, except if your opponent has a spacifically trained pokemon to defeat you. And against the Leauge, that just ruins the fun of it. I never use any legendaries unless I absoultly need to, and even then, I resolve to train for days to beat my obstacal. But thats just my opinion, whats yours.....

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
Years
I totally agree with you. I like knowing the fact I have legendaries, but I never actually bring them out into battle. I think its more fun to train hard then use a legendary and make everything easy.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
I agree and disagree at the same time.

I've actually got my butt beat using Suicune before. So, legendaries can be defeated. Just like any other Pokemon, they have strengths and weaknesses. (I've got my butt beat using Lugia before, too. And EVEN Mewtwo!) However, they are still pretty strong overall and have ~almost~ unbeatable stats. So, in a way, it would be unfair.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
Years
I play once through without legendarts then once again with legendarys.

Years
No, not at all. Really, when it comes down to it, only 10 of the 22 legendaries in Gen III are considered to be "uber" or banned from standard competitive play. The other 12 are just as strong, if not weaker, than most OU (Overused due to being powerful) Pokemon. When you think about it really, legendaries can sort of be considered weaker than normal Pokemon since they can't breed, and therefore have no access to egg moves and only to the small amount of moves they can learn via level up or TMs/HMs and can therefore be predictable. Just my opinion on the matter.

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
Years
I really wouldn't call it cheating. I would call it having a advantage. I do agree that it is kind of unfair and I tend to avoid using Legendaries against people in wi-fi matches. But in the main story, that's different.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I personally don't enjoy using legendaries in battles. I find them too easy to train with too many good skills in their range, whereas you have to train hard and find the skills for the normal, regular Pokemon.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
Years
I don't consider it cheating. I've beaten my brother's team, which consists of quite a few legendaries with my own team of trained from a low level Pokemon, with only one legendary.
My Team
Gardevoir - lvl 100
Gardevoir - lvl 100 - Shiny
Mew - lvl 89
Pikachu - lvl 85 - Knows Surf & Volt Tackle
Raichu - lvl 87 - Knows Surf & Volt Tackle
Charizard - lvl 100 - Shiny

My Brother's Team
Mewtwo - lvl 100
Dialga - 96
Giratina - lvl 100
Torterra - lvl 85
Rayquaza - lvl 100
Groudon - lvl 88

Last edited:
Years
Nope. Not cheating.

It gives an advantage, but only if using ubers.

:\ Using stuff like Suicune or Entei isn't any better than...say...Swampert. Seriously.

I completely agree. Raikou is UU ( for now), entei is like, NU i think, and Suicune is OU. The birds arent all that good, and the regis are horrible. Jirachi is OU, as is Celebi, Shaymin. I thik that the psuedo legenderies are better in most cases, and Garchomp is ranked higher( uber) than 10-11 legendaries. No its not cheating, unless there using level 100s against your level 50s.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
Cheating is when you do or use something that makes something happen in a game that normally wouldn't happen. So I would consider it more unfair, rather then cheating.

Years
It's all about tiers. Because ubers have higher base stats than the other Pokémon, they're grouped off into their own tier, the Uber tier, in most competitive environments. The reason for this is because plain old no-restrictions battles with ubers allowed can be boring and monotonous, since there are only around 18 of them--give or take depending on how you categorize them, but hundreds of other fully-evolved Pokémon to use. (even counting OU Pokémon viable in ubers, it's still a much smaller selection than in OU play)

If you've agreed in advance to hold an Overused (the tier below Ubers) battle, then using ubers is, of course, cheating, just like, say, violating an Item or Sleep clause would be, if the battlers agreed to that.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
Like everyone has stated, some are too powerful for stuff like battling and others are just powerful.

Even Legendaries has weaknesses in types. So, if a level 70 Mewtwo goes up against a level 70 Absol, we'll know who'll win. (It'll be the Absol, right?)

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
It's not, but you could call it unrealistic since no normal trainer would have a legendary.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
Some of them yes I would say so

it's really no fun beating the game with a level 70 weather pokemon. I mean really you destroy them all.

but some ofr the legendaries i can deal with and it's just as fun. IE zapdos or articuno. they aren't really legendary in my eyes.

due to a LOT of wifi competative play i'm really used to seeing things as uu/bl/ou/uber now lol.

if you go popping into battle with an uber yeah cheating imo

not uber than nah

only uber i think is always fun to use... is mew

cuz mew is the best poke in history <3

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
Years
When I first saw the word 'cheating', I thought you meant something about gameshark or codebreaker codes.
Well Legendaries are kinda biased in a way but otherwise, I wouldn't call that cheating.

Gold95

Am I really...? Gold?
Years
I don't consider it cheating, but it is cheap and the sure sign of a weak trainer.

I agree with shanecdavis because mostly weak trainers use Legendaries ti get an advantage, even in LG I WAS a weak trainer I had LVL 30 pokemon when going to the league so I had to battle my Rival I used the Legendary Birds Trio to beat him......

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I don't consider it cheating, but it is cheap and the sure sign of a weak trainer.
Actually, it's the other way around. Sure, someone who's only able to win with stuff like Kyogre and Mewtwo is probably a weak trainer; however, a strong trainer realises that many legendaries are just like normal Pokémon, but rarer, and will use them as such.
Nope. Mewtwo will utterly destroy an Absol.
Absol used Sucker Punch! Mewtwo fainted!

Back