• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Sentinel of Seasons

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Hi all, it's me, Magnemite. You may have seen my thread for my game "Yesterday's Journey" in the Games Showcase section. If you have, then you also know that it is currently on hold while I find a way to get it off my dead computer's hard drive. So, while I wait for my dad's friend to finish what he's doing with it, I decided to make a side project to hold me over. So here it is.

Pokémon: Sentinel of Seasons

This is a side project. It's kind of a "bare-bones" game that won't have too much flashy custom content. After all, I'm just making it while I wait to get Yesterday's Journey back into production.

The game takes place in the Jikou Region, a relatively small region composed of four main islands. These islands, each named after a season, have vastly differing climates. Spring Island is a budding haven, covered with lush green trees and beautiful flowers. Summer Island is a tropical paradise and home to an active volcano. Autumn Island is a dry, dying place with few green trees and a vast dusty desert. Winter Island is a frigid habitat that is covered in snow year round.

You start in your native Squatsprout Town on Spring Island where you are asked to do a favor for Professor Oak. He sends you around the island on his errand, giving you a Pokémon for protection. Eventually, he decides to make you his aide and asks you to explore the rest of the region documenting Pokémon for him. As you do, he encourages you to challenge the four gyms in Jikou and take a shot at the Pokémon League.

In your travels, you uncover the legend of the "Guardian of the Seasons" which tells of a Pokémon who has the power to change the world. Throughout Jikou, there are festivals and celebrations to commemorate the changing of the seasons each year. The Guardian awakens from its sleep on Equinox Island, located at the heart of the Solstice Sea, and moves the region from one season to the next.

Team Rocket, in their evil ways, decide it is in their favor to capture the Guardian. Naturally, you will find yourself in their way over and over. They make an attempt during each shift of the seasons, and as their efforts culminate as the world transitions from Autumn to Winter, the game comes to an epic climax.

Now, because this is a side project, I'm not going to be adding any new Pokémon, aside from the Guardian of the Seasons. I won't be implementing any custom scripts, nor will I be doing much in the way of custom graphics. If that bothers you, then pay no attention. Wait for Yesterday's Journey, which is where all of my custom content lies.

Just because this game has half the gyms of a normal game doesn't mean it is half as good. It will have twice the story, which is always more fun anyway.

Here's the region map. From the top and moving clockwise is Winter Island, Autumn Island, Summer Island, and Spring Island.
regionmap.png

Current Progress:
(I'm listing it by island. This includes maps, events, story, etc. for each fourth of the game.)
Spring Island: 100%
Summer Island: 10%
Autumn Island: 5%
Winter Island: 5%

Back