Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1251    
Old May 8th, 2009 (8:08 AM).
Wichu's Avatar
Wichu Wichu is offline
Project Amethyst
     
    Join Date: Sep 2007
    Location: North Herts, England
    Age: 24
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Naive
    Posts: 2,052
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thelaytonmobile View Post
    I remember Wichu saying he would not include battle animations, however I think it would be cool to have the legendaries with animations, just to make them stand out.
    I won't include battle animations at first; however, they might eventually be included. Giving only legendaries battle animations would be pointless, as I'd have to make an animation for each move they learn. Unless by battle animations you mean animated sprites, like Crystal/Emerald/D/P/Pt? I've considered making those; however, it would increase the filesize by quite a bit, and would also mean double the amount of sprites would have to be made. It's not being ruled out altogether, though...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gigalo View Post
    hey do you need any graphics help?
    Not right now, sorry. But what do you mean by graphics? Sprites, or something else?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aipomguy View Post
    RPG XP??
    Oh gawd Was it just RPG XP??
    Please I need this answered
    Yep, just RMXP. Shows what you can achieve with some scripting knowledge :P
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jαcκςση View Post
    This game looks great. Good luck with it.
    btw, I LOVE what you did with the start menu. So intuitive!
    Thanks. I'm also working on recoding all the other menus, too; my aim is to get rid of all text-based menus altogether.

    Here's an example of what I mean:

    The controls are pretty intuitive. Pokémon are selected with the C button (equivalent to A). To switch two Pokémon, select one, then the other.

    To view a Pokémon's summary screen, select it, then press C on it again.

    To give hold items, either select Item (which brings up the items screen), choose the item, then select the Pokémon you want to hold it, or select a Pokémon without an item, and then select Item. Taking and replacing items works similarly.
    Finally, to use a field move, select the Pokémon and then select Moves. This will show the moves it can use; select one to use it. I'm planning on eventually having the Moves button show every move usable by Pokémon in your party; however, this hasn't been implemented yet.

    Any comments or suggestions?
    __________________

    Relevant Advertising!

      #1252    
    Old May 8th, 2009 (8:18 AM).
    Neo-Dragon's Avatar
    Neo-Dragon Neo-Dragon is offline
    Game Developer
       
      Join Date: Sep 2004
      Location: Dublin, Ireland
      Age: 30
      Nature: Relaxed
      Posts: 1,871
      Seems simple enough to use. I would like a bit more confirmation of selecting a Pokémon though. In the gif where you are checking the summary, the green colour looks fine but I think you should use a highlighted green while the cursor is on that player rathen then using a highlighted blue. Should be easy to add.

      The reason I say this is, if you leave the cursor on the pokemon you selected, you have no way to know it is still selected other then the glow that appears upon select.
      So the green you have now is fine for when the cursor is not on the selected Pokémon, then lighten the green up (like you currently do with the blue) to make it more clear that the Pokémon is already selected.
      Right now I feel it's a nice graphical menu with a design flaw.
      __________________


      ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
      Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

      http://www.calisprojects.com/
      Like our facebook page and show your support!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-Projects/326374858787
        #1253    
      Old May 8th, 2009 (8:18 AM).
      thelaytonmobile's Avatar
      thelaytonmobile thelaytonmobile is offline
      Beginning Reading Your Message
         
        Join Date: Apr 2009
        Location: Everywhere. But mostly in the UK.
        Age: 24
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 173
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
        I won't include battle animations at first; however, they might eventually be included. Giving only legendaries battle animations would be pointless, as I'd have to make an animation for each move they learn. Unless by battle animations you mean animated sprites, like Crystal/Emerald/D/P/Pt? I've considered making those; however, it would increase the filesize by quite a bit, and would also mean double the amount of sprites would have to be made. It's not being ruled out altogether, though...
        Like the update, it looks good, very intuitive. And yes, I meant animated sprites, as in C/E/D/P/Pt.
        __________________


          #1254    
        Old May 8th, 2009 (8:29 AM).
        Wichu's Avatar
        Wichu Wichu is offline
        Project Amethyst
           
          Join Date: Sep 2007
          Location: North Herts, England
          Age: 24
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Naive
          Posts: 2,052
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
          Seems simple enough to use. I would like a bit more confirmation of selecting a Pokémon though. In the gif where you are checking the summary, the green colour looks fine but I think you should use a highlighted green while the cursor is on that player rathen then using a highlighted blue. Should be easy to add.

          The reason I say this is, if you leave the cursor on the pokemon you selected, you have no way to know it is still selected other then the glow that appears upon select.
          So the green you have now is fine for when the cursor is not on the selected Pokémon, then lighten the green up (like you currently do with the blue) to make it more clear that the Pokémon is already selected.
          Right now I feel it's a nice graphical menu with a design flaw.
          Thanks for the feedback. Is this better?
          __________________
            #1255    
          Old May 8th, 2009 (8:31 AM).
          JP's Avatar
          JP JP is offline
          wut?
          • Silver Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2008
          Location: USA
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 2,153
          This looks fantastic, I hope you get it completed. All the best luck!
          __________________
            #1256    
          Old May 8th, 2009 (9:19 AM).
          Neo-Dragon's Avatar
          Neo-Dragon Neo-Dragon is offline
          Game Developer
             
            Join Date: Sep 2004
            Location: Dublin, Ireland
            Age: 30
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 1,871
            Thanks for changing it Wichu. It's the little things that people will comment on when the demo comes out, and I feel I would of commented on that.
            I like the idea of letting the graphical menu guide the player and I think if it's done right it works.
            This looks like it works now.... Therefore done right, so good job.
            As always, nice to see screenshots of the game. They are very rare and I hope as you go further into development they will become more frequent
            __________________


            ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
            Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

            http://www.calisprojects.com/
            Like our facebook page and show your support!
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-Projects/326374858787
              #1257    
            Old May 8th, 2009 (11:07 AM).
            Yuoaman's Avatar
            Yuoaman Yuoaman is offline
            Legen- wait for it...
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jul 2005
            Location: Ontario, Canada
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 4,675
            I love it Wichu, I'm really excited to try this game out.
            __________________

            Suit Up!
            Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

            "pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

            Haaave you read my LP?
            Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

            What about my [Un]Abridged series?
            Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

            The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter


            83% of this signature is empty space.

            -dary!
              #1258    
            Old May 8th, 2009 (11:15 AM).
            Blazers's Avatar
            Blazers Blazers is offline
            • Silver Tier
             
            Join Date: Jan 2008
            Location: Home
            Age: 23
            Posts: 954
            I actually liked the other menu better.
            I love it, the style is so smooth.
            Nice job.
              #1259    
            Old May 11th, 2009 (12:32 PM).
            Ashedragon's Avatar
            Ashedragon Ashedragon is offline
            Elite Trainer
               
              Join Date: Dec 2008
              Nature: Rash
              Posts: 65
              Wow this game looks even better, yes the old menu was really cool but so is this!
              __________________
              |
              "Trees don't grow in straight *#$&^)@ rows."
                #1260    
              Old May 11th, 2009 (3:59 PM).
              Jαcκςση's Avatar
              Jαcκςση Jαcκςση is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2009
                Location: CA
                Age: 24
                Nature: Jolly
                Posts: 180
                Wow, love the update. This is getting better and better.
                __________________
                +Sprites+DeviantArt+
                Check out Pokemon Zirconium or help us out! Message me if you're at all interested!


                  #1261    
                Old May 11th, 2009 (10:21 PM).
                Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
                Tropical Sunlight Tropical Sunlight is offline
                The Faltine
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2008
                  Location: Slovenia
                  Age: 21
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 3,578
                  Fascinating. Good luck!
                  Also, how many Fakemon have already been sprited?
                  __________________
                    #1262    
                  Old May 11th, 2009 (10:46 PM).
                  Hardy Har Har's Avatar
                  Hardy Har Har Hardy Har Har is offline
                  Oh dear, oh my...
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2008
                    Location: In a Swinub family-free area with Lippy the Lion
                    Age: 24
                    Gender:
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 258
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
                    Thanks. I'm also working on recoding all the other menus, too; my aim is to get rid of all text-based menus altogether.

                    Here's an example of what I mean:

                    The controls are pretty intuitive. Pokémon are selected with the C button (equivalent to A). To switch two Pokémon, select one, then the other.

                    To view a Pokémon's summary screen, select it, then press C on it again.

                    To give hold items, either select Item (which brings up the items screen), choose the item, then select the Pokémon you want to hold it, or select a Pokémon without an item, and then select Item. Taking and replacing items works similarly.
                    Finally, to use a field move, select the Pokémon and then select Moves. This will show the moves it can use; select one to use it. I'm planning on eventually having the Moves button show every move usable by Pokémon in your party; however, this hasn't been implemented yet.

                    Any comments or suggestions?
                    Is the selection screen also like this during a battle? And what should this look like during double battles? Very nice work on that selection screen.
                    __________________
                    This signature has been disabled.
                    Exceeds signature height limit.
                    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                      #1263    
                    Old May 12th, 2009 (12:06 AM).
                    Wichu's Avatar
                    Wichu Wichu is offline
                    Project Amethyst
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2007
                      Location: North Herts, England
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 2,052
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
                      Fascinating. Good luck!
                      Also, how many Fakemon have already been sprited?
                      About 20 fronts sprites, but only about 5 back sprites have been done. I'm going to be working on a lot sprites after my exams finish.
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
                      I actually liked the other menu better.
                      I love it, the style is so smooth.
                      Nice job.
                      What did you like about the other one better?
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Shaggy Typhlosion View Post
                      Is the selection screen also like this during a battle? And what should this look like during double battles? Very nice work on that selection screen.
                      In battle, the screen is the same, but without the Moves and Item buttons. In a double battle, you have two Pokémon at the top instead of one. That is, unless somebody comes up with a better solution (maybe a D/P-esque system?)...
                      __________________
                        #1264    
                      Old May 12th, 2009 (1:11 AM). Edited May 12th, 2009 by Hardy Har Har.
                      Hardy Har Har's Avatar
                      Hardy Har Har Hardy Har Har is offline
                      Oh dear, oh my...
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2008
                        Location: In a Swinub family-free area with Lippy the Lion
                        Age: 24
                        Gender:
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 258
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
                        In battle, the screen is the same, but without the Moves and Item buttons. In a double battle, you have two Pokémon at the top instead of one. That is, unless somebody comes up with a better solution (maybe a D/P-esque system?)...
                        I see... I wish I can do that too... (I think I'll plan a Platinum-esque system)

                        Oh... Are you planning a mouse-supported feature? Just curious.
                        And are you planning to make your own boxart (cover, like on DS games) for your game? I'll send the template if you want.
                        __________________
                        This signature has been disabled.
                        Exceeds signature height limit.
                        Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                        You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                        Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                          #1265    
                        Old May 14th, 2009 (5:31 AM).
                        delyemerald2's Avatar
                        delyemerald2 delyemerald2 is offline
                        Crytalic Empoleon
                           
                          Join Date: May 2008
                          Gender:
                          Posts: 84
                          Wichu, that Pokemon you have both in your ava and sig... Is that a legendary single evo pokemon, or multiple evo Pokemon...? I must say, he's one of the most awsome Pokemon I've ever seen! (The most awsome of fakemon.)
                          __________________
                          ~Aura's, Crystal Miracles~
                            #1266    
                          Old May 14th, 2009 (5:51 AM).
                          Wichu's Avatar
                          Wichu Wichu is offline
                          Project Amethyst
                             
                            Join Date: Sep 2007
                            Location: North Herts, England
                            Age: 24
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Naive
                            Posts: 2,052
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Shaggy Typhlosion View Post
                            And are you planning to make your own boxart (cover, like on DS games) for your game? I'll send the template if you want.
                            Possibly, though it is rather unnecessary, as the game will be a download... An interesting idea, though.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by delyemerald2 View Post
                            Wichu, that Pokemon you have both in your ava and sig... Is that a legendary single evo pokemon, or multiple evo Pokemon...? I must say, he's one of the most awsome Pokemon I've ever seen! (The most awsome of fakemon.)
                            It's a legendary Pokémon (the mascot of the game, like Giratina is for Platinum). Glad you like it (I and Lmayonaise worked hard on it) ;)
                            __________________
                              #1267    
                            Old May 15th, 2009 (1:04 PM).
                            smashmaniac2008's Avatar
                            smashmaniac2008 smashmaniac2008 is offline
                            GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2008
                              Location: Florida
                              Age: 23
                              Gender:
                              Nature: Naive
                              Posts: 29
                              So like how do i like download it and stuff?
                              __________________
                              This signature has been disabled.
                              Your signature is 136 pixels too wide, the maximum width allowed is 500 pixels.
                              Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                              You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                              Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                #1268    
                              Old May 15th, 2009 (1:42 PM).
                              Yuoaman's Avatar
                              Yuoaman Yuoaman is offline
                              Legen- wait for it...
                              • Silver Tier
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2005
                              Location: Ontario, Canada
                              Age: 25
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Relaxed
                              Posts: 4,675
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by smashmaniac2008 View Post
                              So like how do i like download it and stuff?
                              Please don't ask this, it is against the rules...

                              And, any new updates Wichu?
                              __________________

                              Suit Up!
                              Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

                              "pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

                              Haaave you read my LP?
                              Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

                              What about my [Un]Abridged series?
                              Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

                              The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter


                              83% of this signature is empty space.

                              -dary!
                                #1269    
                              Old May 16th, 2009 (5:25 AM).
                              smashmaniac2008's Avatar
                              smashmaniac2008 smashmaniac2008 is offline
                              GONNA SMSH YOU INTO TINY BITS!
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2008
                                Location: Florida
                                Age: 23
                                Gender:
                                Nature: Naive
                                Posts: 29
                                If we are not allowed to ask how do we find out how to download this game?
                                __________________
                                This signature has been disabled.
                                Your signature is 136 pixels too wide, the maximum width allowed is 500 pixels.
                                Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                  #1270    
                                Old May 16th, 2009 (5:49 AM).
                                Wichu's Avatar
                                Wichu Wichu is offline
                                Project Amethyst
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2007
                                  Location: North Herts, England
                                  Age: 24
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Naive
                                  Posts: 2,052
                                  You wait until I announce it, then check the first post. If there's a download link, it will always be in the first post of the thread.
                                  __________________
                                    #1271    
                                  Old May 17th, 2009 (9:36 AM).
                                  nmorr's Avatar
                                  nmorr nmorr is offline
                                  Takin a brake. -_-
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2009
                                    Location: Poke City
                                    Age: 21
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Posts: 215
                                    hi there, I was wondering what the web address for the forum is...
                                    please can I have it?
                                    __________________
                                    This signature has been disabled.
                                    Spoiler tags in Signatures are not allowed
                                    Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

                                    You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

                                    Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
                                      #1272    
                                    Old May 17th, 2009 (11:51 AM).
                                    Wichu's Avatar
                                    Wichu Wichu is offline
                                    Project Amethyst
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2007
                                      Location: North Herts, England
                                      Age: 24
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Naive
                                      Posts: 2,052
                                      There's a link in my signature for it.
                                      __________________
                                        #1273    
                                      Old May 17th, 2009 (11:37 PM).
                                      killin_kobra's Avatar
                                      killin_kobra killin_kobra is offline
                                      Pokemon Ruler
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jul 2007
                                        Gender:
                                        Nature: Bold
                                        Posts: 107
                                        Well, the games come a long way since i first saw this. Cudos to u!
                                        __________________

                                        Click here to feed me a fruit!
                                        Get your own at Dinomon!
                                          #1274    
                                        Old May 18th, 2009 (7:14 AM).
                                        jps101's Avatar
                                        jps101 jps101 is offline
                                        Pokemon Trainer
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2008
                                          Location: Bedford
                                          Nature: Brave
                                          Posts: 45
                                          If you still need help, I'm good at making in-game teams. I have PET so I can edit your enemy trainers if you want.
                                          __________________
                                            #1275    
                                          Old May 18th, 2009 (7:31 AM).
                                          Wichu's Avatar
                                          Wichu Wichu is offline
                                          Project Amethyst
                                             
                                            Join Date: Sep 2007
                                            Location: North Herts, England
                                            Age: 24
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Naive
                                            Posts: 2,052
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by jps101 View Post
                                            If you still need help, I'm good at making in-game teams. I have PET so I can edit your enemy trainers if you want.
                                            Just to let you know, this isn't a hack, so PET would be useless. Thanks for volunteering, though. I'm currently managing the trainers fine anyway.
                                            __________________
                                            Closed Thread

                                            Quick Reply

                                            Join the conversation!

                                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                            Sponsored Links
                                            Thread Tools

                                            Posting Rules
                                            You may not post new threads
                                            You may not post replies
                                            You may not post attachments
                                            You may not edit your posts

                                            BB code is On
                                            Smilies are On
                                            [IMG] code is On
                                            HTML code is Off

                                            Forum Jump


                                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:58 PM.