• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Yup PokeDollars. I think I called them PokePoints before. My mistake.

So Neiteio, please explain to me How the heck does energy take up more space than matter. I've asked this like 3 times already.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • So Neiteio, please explain to me How the heck does energy take up more space than matter. I've asked this like 3 times already.

Real pokemon guru

Real pokemon guru

"Energy" used colloquially can mean an EM wave or a plasma. Both forms take up more space than solid matter, but only a plasma forms a phosphorescent blob (and has familiar atomic particles, the same types used in the Pokemon's body).

The more internal energy a substance has, the more wildly the particles will move. In solid matter, the particles have the least amount of kinetic energy which is why they are the most densely packed: the particles don't have enough energy to break the intermolecular forces (think gravity).

When the solid has absorbed enough heat (energy), the particles gain enough energy to break free of the intermolecular forces, which allows them to shift around more easily.

If the liquid absorbs a lot more heat, it becomes a gas. The particles have enough energy to fly around wherever they "want". They can travel further than the rigidly-locked solid particles, which means that there is more empty space between them.

A plasma (energy) is made when the gas particles absorb even more heat and the particles rupture- the electrons and nuclei split, which multiplies the number of particles involved.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Um...
    Could you possibly make that shorter, and with smaller words please? I didn't really get it fully.

Oh, and could it still be possible if the pokemon is temporarily energy? Because my theory is that the pokemon is converted back into energy and brought back to a miniature sized version of itself.

Last edited:

The Scientist

Years
  • Could you possibly make that shorter?

Oh, and could it still be possible if the pokemon is temporarily energy? Because my theory is that the pokemon is converted back into energy and brought back to a miniature sized version of itself.

The particles in energy are so... energetic that they need more space to exist in. They bounce off of each other and the container walls so violently that they'll resist any force that tries to compress it.

The particles in a solid are so sluggish that they will stick together in a more dense formation.

Imagine you've got 500 people on a football field, packed tightly into a small square. They take up much less total space than if those 500 suddenly split into 3000 and began running all over the place.

Miniaturization wouldn't work very well. That would require smaller atoms or a reduction in the number of atoms. Smaller atoms are impossible, and reducing the number of atoms would cause serious problems upon re-enlargement. I call reference to Screw the rules, I have green hair!'s post, which uses pixels in place of atoms.

The Scientist

Years
  • why can't you just reverse the process the exact way you shrank it?

Occam's razor: the correct answer is the one that requires the least amount of assumptions to support it.

The miniaturization process (reduced number of atoms) would require that some matter be removed and placed "elsewhere".PokeBall would then have to analyze the new, smaller batch of particles and reassemble them into a miniature version of the original Pokemon. Upon release, matter would have to be 'summoned' to replace the matter that had been 'lost' in the original shrinkage, and ultimately reassemble the full-sized Pokemon.

We know that the Pokemon world can convert matter into digital information (data). Knowing this, why would the PokeBall creators take the more convoluted route of matter removal/analysis/miniaturization/matter generation when they can make the PokeBall surface can act like a hard disc + data converter combo (technology they already have)?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Huh. Didn't think of it like that. This got kinda complicated, didn't it? The pokemon goes from matter to data, and back again. that makes nigh-infinitely more sense to me. The red beam could very well be a physical manifestation of that type of data. Simpler than the alternatives.

Last edited:

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • How does the Shellder appear on Slowbro's tail when evolved?
    My explanation for this is that when a slowpoke starts evelving, a Shellder senses this and somehow gets to that slowpoke extremely fast and bites its tail...

Does anyone have a better explanation?

If you're talking about how it changes, it could be a chemical reaction of some sort to the fluids on a Slowpoke's skin.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • why can't you just reverse the process the exact way you shrank it?

DROP THE ENERGY-MATTER CONVERSION... NOW!

even if the shrinking and enlargement was physically possible, anyone would die if they were heated up to that stage.

imagine being in a place soooooo
    HOT that you start to melt...
    not nice huh?

now imagine being in a place sooooooo f***ing hot... that you
    EVAPORATE
    was that even worse?

now this time, imagine how your body disassembles COMPLETELY, turns to light (energy)...

and did you even know that whenever you see light, it is actually a ray, that is no longer where it appears to your eyes. since that's what happens when you SEE things, they're actually light rays that travel in a straight line, and project what's there to your eyes, and therefore those light rays themselves aren't even there anymore...

imagine how fast that light is, that the time delay is UNNOTICEABLE to us... it's not like you start to walk and THEN they notice

anyways... you probably didn't understand that, so the point is you would fry to death

data still doesn't tick me the right way, but energy is F***ING RIDICULOUS

my advice would be... don't mess with physics

Last edited:

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    *raises hand*

Yeah uhhh i has a question!

What the heck is probopass suppose to be in real life?
    Flying magnets? A giant nose?

Gosh, that thing gives me the creeps...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    okay

Nieteio. I have one last question(most likely) Is it possible that this problem(energy conversion) could be fixed in the furture. Because technology is extremely advanced in the pokemon world when you think about it. And the data thing. Are you killing the pokemon and rebirthing it in the pokeball? Because that's what it seems like to me.

The red cheeks are just warning signs like a toxic treefrog(thanks screw the rules)

Um it dsoesn't. This is straight info from various pokedexes and books. The slobro goes "fishing" and the tail shelder bites on the tail and stays on. I already explaine why in a previous post. I'll find it if you ask.

Screw...you know the rest I only do that when the thread falls behind sorrry, I'll stop though.

drunk takle a chill pill. That was my first theory, and every theory can be proven wrong. That's why it's called a theory not a fact.

probopass: yup magnets. Check it out on pokemon.com's pokedex.

it's a soft-bodied organism with a very hard outer shell. Floats w/ magnets. (nice guess)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    It's body produces a fermone at the evolving point and it attracts the shelder.

The Scientist

Years
  • What possibly makes Pikachu's cheeks red? Does it resemble his bum?

I postulate that the cells in Pikachu's cheeks are specialized electrocytes. In order for the electricity to be released into the environment, some sort of conductor would be needed. How about iron-rich blood? The cheeks are a thin-but-tough layer of skin that contain enough iron content to act as a conductor. The red you see is blood. Also, no fur grows on those patches because they would be burned off.

How does the Shellder appear on Slowbro's tail when evolved?

This is one of the times where I prefer the anime to the games. A Slowpoke will forever remain a Slowpoke until a Shellder bites it. The Shellder's appearance is what makes the Slowpoke evolve, not the other way around (i.e. the Slowpoke spontaneously evolves and a Shellder conveniently appears). Inkfingers' explanation was pretty reasonable, that a "ready" Slowpoke will release a pheromone that attracts Shellder.

Considering that all of the Pokemon regions except Orre have access to a nearby ocean, I doubt that a Slowpoke would have to go without fishing for an extended period of time.[/QUOTE]

my advice would be... don't mess with physics

But it's soooooooo fun!

*raises hand*

Yeah uhhh i has a question!

What the heck is probopass suppose to be in real life?
    Flying magnets? A giant nose?

Gosh, that thing gives me the creeps...

Probopass is an Easter Island (Moai) statue. Note the red "hat" in the second picture.

Real pokemon guru

Real pokemon guru

Like Stonehenge, a lot of mystery surrounds these statue. One of the stories is that they are meant to face in the compass directions, which references Probopass' magnetic qualities.

JaggedMan

The Cheese Pokemon!
    Years
  • What if one day we were battling with our pokemon and a MISSINGNO appeared. How would the glitch pokemon come to be. If that one is to funky how about this question, How does a snorelax move on land when he is so obesse? Normaly his body would get crushed because of gravaty.

The Scientist

Years
  • How does a snorelax move on land when he is so obesse? Normaly his body would get crushed because of gravaty.

The same way an elephant does: extremely thick bones and extremely powerful muscles. Believe it or not, the bulk of Snorlax' weight comes from bone and muscle (which are both more dense than muscle).

Back