• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allowed Groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajuuk

http://forum.hpcommunity.co.uk
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I doubt such a rule exists. Social Groups can have rules as determined by their group maintainer (me, in this case).

Edited it slightly so I'm not restricting people from joining :)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    It says that he is allowing anyone to join, but some parts of them are restricted to three only. I don't know if that is allowed or not.

Are you kidding me Rekhyt?

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    No, I didn't say 3 people. I stated "anyone can join, but some parts are restricted to specific members devoted to fixing rep on PC". I'm sorry for not making myself clear enough. :(

Years
    No, I didn't say 3 people. I stated "anyone can join, but some parts are restricted to specific members devoted to fixing rep on PC". I'm sorry for not making myself clear enough. :(

"There is one discussion anyone can post in (Reputation Discussion). All other discussions are private and are for PPNSteve, Alex_ and Spey's eyes only."

Who died and made you king? =|

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    That is an error on my part, thanks for spotting that! :)

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I doubt such a rule exists. Social Groups can have rules as determined by their group maintainer (me, in this case).

Edited it slightly so I'm not restricting people from joining :)

Sweetie, I was on H-Staff when Social Groups were made and the rules were set. I know full well you can restrict group membership to a few members. They're not very social if that's how they work. Plus, I don't see how two non-staff members and one admin are going to come to a major decision on a forum-wide matter that you personally seem to very obsessed with.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Are you kidding me Rekhyt?

No, my heart exists only for the tasks Spey presents me with as of now. Hopefully he'll be able to fix PokéCommunity and make it good, and free of people who misuse the reputation system!

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I'm not sure how much power the staff here are giving a creator of a group, it's up to the staff to decide.

Off Topic:
    How are you going to fix rep, Spey? It seems that your group may lead to rep abuse in the future.

I'm just saying what I though, don't take it the wrong way, Spey.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    Yes, there is a clear rule against that, but I think that group is open to anyone. The way I intepreted it, there was just nothing for anyone but those 3 to do but grandstand in a circle and post in 1 topic that is more suitable by other means.

I really don't think the groups necessary anyway. I agree with Luke (I hope I didn't leave the door open, I wouldn't want any of those flying pigs to get in my house) regardless of Spey's intent.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    Off Topic:
    How are you going to fix rep, Spey? It seems that your group may lead to rep abuse in the future.

I'm just saying what I though, don't take it the wrong way, Spey.
    I don't take lots the wrong way, but I see what you are coming at. :\

We'll simply be trying to fix the abnormally large numbers of rep abuse. This includes users sending rep without comments, making spam comments such as "Correcting others is rude" etc, and drafting up punishments.

Please note all of this is at discretion of the Rep Team leader of the group (Rukario), and he can bring this up with the Adminstrators as he sees fit to. :)

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    He'll fix rep through rep abuse itself, of course. I spied a group on his Autism group that had its members colluding to +rep each other just to get their scores up. If that's not rep abuse I don't know what is.
    Autism is hard for us, please do not go insulting those with autism. We have to support each other, and that is positively repping posts that got spam de-repped. That is all.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years

If you have an issue with reputation, I think it's something you should talk about with upper staff rather than something you feel the need to discuss among yourselves. There's nothing you will ever get from doing that. Go to the people that can make a difference if you feel it's a pressing issue than making an exclusive 'humbug' group. That's not what social groups are for.

Autism is hard for us, please do not go insulting those with autism. We have to support each other, and that is positively repping posts that got spam de-repped. That is all.

Autism isn't an excuse for trying to gain rep. It's still rep abuse. Don't pull that card.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    I doubt Steve ever agreed to any of this
    One of the members, Alex_, said he contacted PPNSteve about this. I'm not too sure about this now, until I see the actual PM sent to confirm this. :\

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    He'll fix rep through rep abuse itself, of course. I spied a group on his Autism group that had its members colluding to +rep each other just to get their scores up. If that's not rep abuse I don't know what is.

I really like the rep system and I hope the staff doesn't just disable it because of these problems. If Rukario is watching them, then it would be alright, but I'm sure Rukario is a very busy person.

Sajuuk

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2010
    If you have an issue with reputation, I think it's something you should talk about with upper staff rather than something you feel the need to discuss among yourselves. There's nothing you will ever get from doing that. Go to the people that can make a difference if you feel it's a pressing issue than making an exclusive 'humbug' group. That's not what social groups are for.
    Some higher staff do nothing IMO. Or just say the same thing, "disable rep, it doesn't matter much". To some of us, it does matter, and I'd like to see an end to spam rep and potential useless rep with no comments or mini-modding through rep.

Years
    Autism is hard for us, please do not go insulting those with autism.

Uh, I wasn't?

We have to support each other, and that is positively repping posts that got spam de-repped. That is all.

So you wanted the members of the group to +rep each other for a reason unrelated to the content of the post? That smacks of hypocrisy for someone who is forever complained about supposedly being -rep'd for that very reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back