• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario or Sonic?

Which one is better?

• Mario

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Sonic

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • None! They're both great.

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    Well everyone knows about this rivalry... Sonic was a hit after tons of people got bored of the challenging Mario and the random Alex Kidd after a little while...

So then along came Sonic.. I guess because of his newness and originality, he got so much attention. And to the programmers of the past it was amazing because of the speed boundaries...

But you know, MArio was still up for it. He was just as good.

For me, I was inspired into art by SA2B. I wouldn't have started if it weren't for that game.

So I can't so no to Sonic, but I admit that when Shadow the Hedgehog came an Yuji Naka left, it's gotten worse than Mario. Though, I find Sonic more exciting than Mario because of his unique characteristics of speed and all. So, yeah. Sonic for me.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    When sonic was at his best..They were on a par.

But sonic hasn't aged well..and there hasn't been a good sonic game since the good ol' Mega Drive/Genesis. dreamcast can come too

Whereas Mario has failed to make a bad game since the CD-I days.

Mario.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Character design? Sonic. He's fast, blue (xD) and cool, whereas Mario ia a plumber. :\ So yeah, Sonic wins on the part.

Quality of Games? Definitely Mario! After Sonic Adventure 2, in my opinion Soni has just gone downhill. Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Riders? >_>

Yeah, but I cant decide which is better overall. xD

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    You know, I really want to say Sonic, but his games just suck recently, Unleashed gets a mention because playing as regular Sonic is how Sonic games in modern consoles should be, but even that has it's issues, and don't even get me started on the massive amounts of dialog and the werehog.

I'm not a gigantic Mario fan, but Mario wins this one, at least his games can hold one's attention.

Years
    A few years ago I would have said Sonic.
    It was the more enjoyable game for me.

Now, however, I say neither of them.
    They have both been milked for all, and beyond, what they are worth.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    What about "Neither; there hasn't been a good game in either series for 10 years" option?

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    [jq]What about "Neither; there hasn't been a good game in either series for 10 years" option?[/jq]

Are you seriously saying that Galaxy, Sunshine and NSMB are bad games? .. Are you seriously saying that?

Wow..You really have something a bit wrong in your head.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    [jq]What about "Neither; there hasn't been a good game in either series for 10 years" option?[/jq]

Are you seriously saying that Galaxy, Sunshine and NSMB are bad games? .. Are you seriously saying that?

Casual, boring, rehash.
    Are you seriously arguing with me?

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Casual..Explain how please.
    Boring..In places, but it offers better gameplay than alot of other so called great games.
    Rehash..Yes, but it's not like it a complete port, it has expanded gameplay and different items and many more levels.

Seriously not the best time to copy; when arguing against you and defending mario doesn't really comtemplate as crazy. Whereas saying that those are bad games, seriously is.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
    One or two Mario games I enjoyed, such as Mario Kart and Mario 64.

But I'm siding with Sonic on this one, his current games may be quite bad but he's the game character I grew up with and what got me into gaming. Before the likes of Cloud Strife and Minato Arisato took over.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
    What about "Neither; there hasn't been a good game in either series for 10 years" option?

Not really, not for Mario. Mario's been going great for quite a while... And I can't add that anyway.

Don't be starting things, guys. I agree with you that Mario still has good games, but remeber we're just saying what we like about it, not debating.

Casual, boring, rehash.
    Are you seriously arguing with me?

Same goes for you. And adding some description won't do much... So yah. ^^;

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Mario.

No contest.

Seriously, he's been in gaming waaay before Sonic and I grew up playing his games more than the Sonic ones.

:P

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    Never been a huge Sonic fan. I still play Super Mario bros at least a couple times a month though. I can play a speed run and beat it in around 8 or 9 minutes. Was going for the record at one point, but gave up.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I prefer sonic over mario. I just like sonic way more than mario. I watch and played more games with sonic than mario, but at the same time mario is cool too though. ;D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back