• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamui

´
    Years
    Lost to crimsonstorm. LoL.
    Admit I was prettey bad one this one..

edit: OU single

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Anyone wanna battle me pearl if you do just ask me for my fc.

This thread is for reporting ladder matches or nominating/voting for the Hall of Fame. Use the Quick Battle thread if you want to look for a ladder match ;D

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    This just in for everyone doing ladder matches, the tournament rankings promised in the first post will be calculated as soon as the current ESO, Whirl Cup, and PC Wifi Tournament have finished!

From that point on, I'll be editing the rankings each time one of the Ryouga Council™ Approved tournaments finishes. People will be able to check what your current ranking is as well as your overall PC Tournament ranking (from the beginning of tournaments here at PC!)

Hopefully this will inspire a ton to get out there and join some tournaments! Feel free to think of a unique idea for a tourney thread as well and try to get a partner to co-host it with. If you want it to be Ryouga Council™ approved, just VM anyone of us with a 'Ryouga Masurao' banner in our signatures. Thanks guys, happy battling!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    This just in for everyone doing ladder matches, the tournament rankings promised in the first post will be calculated as soon as the current ESO, Whirl Cup, and PC Wifi Tournament have finished!

From that point on, I'll be editing the rankings each time one of the Ryouga Council™ Approved tournaments finishes. People will be able to check what your current ranking is as well as your overall PC Tournament ranking (from the beginning of tournaments here at PC!)

Hopefully this will inspire a ton to get out there and join some tournaments! Feel free to think of a unique idea for a tourney thread as well and try to get a partner to co-host it with. If you want it to be Ryouga Council™ approved, just VM anyone of us with a 'Ryouga Masurao' banner in our signatures. Thanks guys, happy battling!

Why not include the Get-Together Tournament in the rankings aswell?
    It was a big tourney on PC.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Annual IS every year, you know. xD So yes, it would count.

Well I was going to count it, and yes, I know annual is every year, I said *often* not every year, but I can't because it's not finished. Or if it isn't, there's no results anywhere for it. So far it looks like the semi-finals are still occurring, but I'm only reading the front post, so if someone can correct me that the tournament has indeed finished, I can do that. ^^

I'll have to remember to grab the results there quickly though, before they get rid of the Get-together topic :X (if they plan to)

But yeah, unless it finishes, I can't include it.

Years
    This should get active again :)
    I'm looking for OU ladder matches on shoddy.

also i'd like to vote for Mukka in the HoF seeing as Mukka got to the finals in PC wifi tourney.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Added your vote, D&S. ;-)

Just a heads up, I'll be getting together some officials to rate the current batch of tournaments we have out there. I'll be working on the tournament rankings based on which tournaments qualify the inspection. We'll be dividing them up into tiers. Here's an iffy breakdown as to how it'll go and for you guys to check out what will qualify a tournament under what tier:

Gold Tier
    -A win here is worth 1000 points on the rankings
    -Tournament is checked daily/very often by it's coordinator(s)
    -The coordinator(s) are efficient with deadlines, prizes, and match-set ups
    -The format of the tournament is unique
    -The rules and regulations of the tourney are met and well-implicated
    -There are a large number of initial entries
    -A entrant must participate in a sufficient amount of battles in order to reach the finals
    -A substantial selection of prizes are available to winners and finalists
    -This tournament attracts high-level PC battlers to it's sign-up sheet

Silver Tier
    -A win here is worth 500 points on the rankings
    -Tournament is well kept and checked often by it's coordinator(s)
    -There are a decent selection of prizes
    -The tournament's rules are clear and most measures are taken to instill them
    -The format of the tournament is unique
    -Most deadlines are met for matches, else the coordinator gives extensions often
    -The amount of entries/participants is well off, but not as many as Gold Tiers
    -This tournament has well-known battlers signing up

Bronze Tier
    -A win here is worth 250 points on the rankings
    -Tournament is fairly new or has yet to be well established on PC
    -The amount of entries/participants are low/medium
    **-There is a 'gimmicky' type of attraction to the tournament
    -Coordinators check in occasionally or as often as they are permitted
    -The format of the tournament is considered respectable, but not particularly unique
    -The tournament's rules could stand some improvement or aren't always applied
    -The prize selection is low
    -The amount of battles needed to win the tournament is small/medium
    -Deadlines for the tournament are sometimes not met and/or the coordinator doesn't do too much to hype battlers in getting them finished
    -This tournament has a handful of established battlers joining

Copper Tier
    -A win here is worth 100 points on the rankings
    -Tournament is brand new
    -Amount of entries/participants is small
    -Prizes are low or non-existent
    -The tournament's rules may be unclear or are not instilled very much
    -Deadlines aren't well met or large extensions are given consistently
    -Format isn't really unique and may even be somewhat copy-cat of an existing tournament (whether the coordinator sees that or not)
    -Reaching the finals or winning doesn't take many matches
    -The particular battlers who enter aren't well-known on the community yet
    -The tournament's thread is sometimes used as a chat-room without any strict regulation of such

Zero-Tier
    -This tournament doesn't count on the rankings
    -Tournament has not officially finished once yet. A tier upgrade can occur once the tournament has finished.
    -Tournament is either too new to have a tier, or does not meet acceptable standards
    -Tournament had little or no creativity/thought put into the creation of it
    -Tournament acts like a 'gym or league'
    -Tournament is poorly run and thread acts as more of a chat-room or for 'whoever wants to battle'
    -Tournament is a clear copy of another currently on the forum
    -No prizes/prizes that are extremely common and not worth competing for
    -Rules are unclear
    -Coordinator always/sometimes uses CHATSPEAK (no one likes that, and we can't read what you're saying, especially concerning deadlines, match-ups, and prizes)
    -Unacceptably large amount of participants are expected for a terrible format or a very low amount of battlers compete/enter for the title
    -Thread is dead or matches have been going on for 3-4 weeks with no results
    -Need I go on?

**Note for gimmicky tourneys: Gimmick tournaments such as mono-types, roulettes, or any type of tournament that restricts what kinds of Pokémon can enter CANNOT excel past the Bronze Tier. These tournaments appeal to a particular audience only and it would not be right to say, for instance, that the winner of the Whirl Cup can receive 1,000 points to their ranking just by beating a few people with water types. They do not necessarily exemplify an excellent battler, and are more for fun/prizes than winning points anyway.

So, yeah, that's the gist of that XD. Remember guys, just because your tournament gets slotted in a Bronze or Copper tier, doesn't mean it's horrible. It usually means it meets too many of the listed attributes, even if it has some attributes of a Silver or Gold tournament. By cleaning up a tournament's format and coordinating things well, your tournament can move up a tier! But don't expect to vault up the ranks so quickly, considering the council that determines tiers may not meet and evaluate them for awhile.

I expect that around Thanksgiving, the list of tourneys and how they're going to be ranked will be released. We'll also make nice little badge-emblems for everyone to put at the top of their tourney threads that shows their tier.

Give me some feedback on this stuff, everyone and let me know what you think.

Kamui

´
    Years
    LilacLust beat me =).
    GG man, that was some drastic failure for me =P.
    I gues I cant rely on the lead too much ;)

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    yep, cant remember the score exactly (i think it was 5-3) but it was only because i used one little move that completely destroyed his strategy :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back