• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] He who is Merely a Rumour

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
  • Katherine said:
    Lol, that's ok. I was think more of hand-to-hand combat. xP
    Haha, that would be epic. XD; Without Pokémon, it'd probably be Cicero using self-made weapons against Manfred using psychic powers. (I think hand-to-hand, it would be more of a slap fight where Cicero throws out his back. XD) *Gets an idea for a spin-off*~ ;D

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    They call themselves The Knife, but they are no harmless kitchen utensil.

Best speech statement ever! XD

"So, the Council of Oligarchs has unanimously voted to give the security systems of Torcra emergency powers, so that we can crush this group of murderers. Together, Torcra, we will help keep our families safe again!"

Give to who (or is it whom? I forget XD)?

Haha, I liked Cicero and Manfred's conversation, you did that part really well (as in convincing characteristics, as well as humour too).

Otherwise, nice chapter. It'll develop the Knife's alliance for better or for worse it seems. And Augry is making his moves.

I suppose if Bevan finally admitted he'd got rid of all his emotions, wouldn't the others try to restrain him/stop him?

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Feign said:
    Best speech statement ever! XD
    :3 Thanks. ^^

Feign said:
    Give to who (or is it whom? I forget XD)?
    ("to whom", but I don't think anyone really cares anymore. XD) It's a generic/umbrella term. As you've probably realised, there are multiple competing law enforcement agencies in Torcra. The reason they're using such a generic term is so that any department can justify any kind of aggression. ;D

Feign said:
    Haha, I liked Cicero and Manfred's conversation, you did that part really well (as in convincing characteristics, as well as humour too).
    Thanks. :3

Feign said:
    It'll develop the Knife's alliance for better or for worse it seems.
    The people are too indoctrinated and terrified for them to speak out against the martial law, so now it does fall back onto the Knife. They could pull off a flawless operation, like the one in Ruraya Town, or a... less... flawless operation. ;D

Feign said:
    And Augry is making his moves.
    Wait until you see his trump card. >:3

Feign said:
    I suppose if Bevan finally admitted he'd got rid of all his emotions, wouldn't the others try to restrain him/stop him?
    Manfred would, certainly. Charlotte would try to coax him. See if you can guess with the other characters. :3

Of course, maybe there's a third option...

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Hey, read the new chapter, like what you did with Manfred and Cicero, great scene. It made me like Manfred more than I did lol.
    Also I'm hoping to see either Bevan rids himself of emotion to an extent/completely or Charlotte convincing him to change his mind and Bevan in turn gettin 'involved' with Charlotte.
    Anyways overall great chapter look forward to Chapter 22 :D

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • AllTimeLow1 said:
    Hey, read the new chapter, like what you did with Manfred and Cicero, great scene.
    Thank you. ^^

AllTimeLow1 said:
    It made me like Manfred more than I did lol.
    Manfred's one of the characters I like to leave up to the reader how to feel about. ;D There'll be plenty of other opportunities (or, at least planned ones) that will give you the opportunity to change your mind about Manfred, or, conversely, solidify your opinion about him. Depends on your perspective, really. :3

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Also I'm hoping to see either Bevan rids himself of emotion to an extent/completely or Charlotte convincing him to change his mind and Bevan in turn gettin 'involved' with Charlotte.
    Those are the big two options right now. But there's always a possibility that something else could come along... >:3 [/teaser]

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Anyways overall great chapter look forward to Chapter 22 :D
    Thanks. ^^ Chapter 22 will offer a bit of a different perspective and leaves a lot of the hanging questions from this chapter, well, hanging. XD; But I think you'll enjoy it. ;]

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • First, I'll like to commend you for such a fine piece of fan fiction literature. Though I haven't read all of the story (currently at chapter 10 or so) I find that appealing enough that I cannot keep this review until later. Let's start with the review shall we. I regret that I did not read this fine fan fiction earlier.

Flow:
    I find this to be one of your best abilities that I have in your story so far. A problem with most fan fictions (probably including my own) that it feels a bit rushed in nature. But yours has this unique charm of progression. Your ability of detailing a situation is astounding but different than my own. Whilst yours is more sensory, mine is a writing style of metaphors and feeling. That was makes me so interesting in your fan fiction the most. It's a such a stunning story in the most interesting in ways. At times, I forget it is a Pokemon Fan Fiction, which is a GREAT difference but you always bring me back with the uniqueness of the pokemon added into it.

Characters:
    My. I must say the characterization is amazing. Developing a character's personality is truly a difficult task. You have to establish their generally personality, mannerisms, not to mention thinking habits, and general stance. You have incorporated it all beautifully. Bevan as well as all the other characters are sketched in my head vividly. Great job!

Grammar and Vocabulary:
    Thank goodness that I know many of the words that you uses. ha ha. But really, your vocabulary many of my friends (and that is truly an accomplishment considering one of them has a 650+ out of 800 on her reading SAT, I digress). It was only minor grammar problems, but name a person who does not have that in their fan fiction. I cannot make that claim.

Plot Line:
    My goodness. Deepness can only be achieved by diving in the middle of the Atlantic (Pacific or the ocean near you is fine). Like I said before, I forgot that it was a Pokemon Fan Fiction at times (believe me, in some fan fiction...people spend too much thought on the Pokemon and not much on the trainer). The Oligarch, The Dagger, Cloaks, EVERYTHING just blew my mind. I'm trying to be short on this part because I don't want to spoil anyone from the mind blowing experience.

The dialogue is truly unforgettable. "More sincerely than you would like," at the end of one of Dagger's letters to the Oligarch sent me reeling breathless. Literally, I had to step away from the computer because it was just so clever. Also mentioning that Pokemon was more than just a substitute for a gun made me cry from happiness inside. So many clever applications of wording. I don't think many people could rival that.

Setting:
    I was wary the new region idea when I was creating my fan fiction, but now I regret doing it to mine. Instead of trying to incorporate the darkness of the fan fiction into a canon-based fan fiction, you brought it to the world of Torca Region. Its truly harder to get things going with an original region yet you did it with perfection. I'm envious. :)

Overall Final Rating: 5/5
    You managed to suck me into the world perfectly. I cannot deny you my five out of five. I just wish that I was as talented as you are. You deserve this.

From here on out, I'll be giving you smaller reviews. With each chapter if that is okay. Then they will have that personal touch that I could not give the rest.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Firstly, I'd like to thank you for doing such an in-depth review. :3 I know not everyone is capable of such an extensive critique, but I really appreciate that you've taken the time to do this. ^^

Sgt Shock said:
    First, I'll like to commend you for such a fine piece of fan fiction literature. Though I haven't read all of the story (currently at chapter 10 or so) I find that appealing enough that I cannot keep this review until later. Let's start with the review shall we. I regret that I did not read this fine fan fiction earlier.
    Thank you. ^___^;

Sgt Shock said:
    I find this [flow] to be one of your best abilities that I have in your story so far.
    That's good to hear. ^^ Flow was actually one of the areas I was concerned about, particularly at the beginning of the story. But seeing as that's where you are and you're finding the flow to be effective, it seems I needn't worry. :P

Sgt Shock said:
    Your ability of detailing a situation is astounding but different than my own. Whilst yours is more sensory, mine is a writing style of metaphors and feeling.
    I'm terrible at metaphors. XD; As for feelings, they will gradually progress into the description as you move into Part II. At the moment, they're quite subtle. ^^

Sgt Shock said:
    At times, I forget it is a Pokemon Fan Fiction, which is a GREAT difference but you always bring me back with the uniqueness of the pokemon added into it.
    This is actually something that I'm consciously aware of when I'm writing. This fic could very easily slip into being more "original" than "fan" if I'm not careful, so I try to make sure that I'm adding just the right amount of Pokémon. But it's good to hear that it's effective. ^^

Sgt Shock said:
    My. I must say the characterization is amazing. Developing a character's personality is truly a difficult task. You have to establish their generally personality, mannerisms, not to mention thinking habits, and general stance. You have incorporated it all beautifully. Bevan as well as all the other characters are sketched in my head vividly. Great job!
    Thanks. ^^ As you've probably guessed, this fic is heavily character-driven, which means I have to keep the characters interesting. ^^

Sgt Shock said:
    Thank goodness that I know many of the words that you uses. ha ha. But really, your vocabulary many of my friends (and that is truly an accomplishment considering one of them has a 650+ out of 800 on her reading SAT, I digress). It was only minor grammar problems, but name a person who does not have that in their fan fiction. I cannot make that claim.
    What I try to do is, when I use big words, use a trick that my English teacher showed me this year: use a word that either has an obvious etymological basis (eg. "scorpionic"), an obvious contextual basis (eg. "crepuscular" proximal to a description about twilight) or is close to an easier synonym (eg. "the large, gargantuan man"). Hopefully the vocabulary isn't too confusing. :s

Sgt Shock said:
    My goodness. Deepness can only be achieved by diving in the middle of the Atlantic (Pacific or the ocean near you is fine). Like I said before, I forgot that it was a Pokemon Fan Fiction at times (believe me, in some fan fiction...people spend too much thought on the Pokemon and not much on the trainer). The Oligarch, The Dagger, Cloaks, EVERYTHING just blew my mind. I'm trying to be short on this part because I don't want to spoil anyone from the mind blowing experience.
    Thanks. ^^ I've tried to create a plot where everything's happening at once, but not so much to overwhelm the reader. Out of curiosity, did the plot ever become "too heavy" or overwhelming for you?

Sgt Shock said:
    The dialogue is truly unforgettable. "More sincerely than you would like," at the end of one of Dagger's letters to the Oligarch sent me reeling breathless. Literally, I had to step away from the computer because it was just so clever. Also mentioning that Pokemon was more than just a substitute for a gun made me cry from happiness inside. So many clever applications of wording. I don't think many people could rival that.
    Thanks. c: A lot of these things spring to mind when I'm writing, so I guess you could call it luck. XD;

Sgt Shock said:
    I was wary the new region idea when I was creating my fan fiction, but now I regret doing it to mine. Instead of trying to incorporate the darkness of the fan fiction into a canon-based fan fiction, you brought it to the world of Torca Region. Its truly harder to get things going with an original region yet you did it with perfection. I'm envious.
    Originally, in the very early conceptual stages, this was going to be set in Johto/Kanto. But I needed total flexibility with my region (and, I couldn't pass up the opportunity of having a Route 616. XD) The way I tried to approach the new region was as if the reader already knew the general geography of it, so I only had to focus on describing the cities that we were in.

Sgt Shock said:
    You managed to suck me into the world perfectly. I cannot deny you my five out of five. I just wish that I was as talented as you are. You deserve this.
    I'm simply overwhelmed by the amount of praise I've received here. ^__^; You've made by day. ^^

Sgt Shock said:
    From here on out, I'll be giving you smaller reviews. With each chapter if that is okay.
    Absolutely. :)

Sgt Shock said:
    Then they will have that personal touch that I could not give the rest.
    You severely underestimate your own reviewing skills. ;) This was an excellent review. ^^

Synthrâx

Working On a New Fanfic!
    Years
  • Whew, spent the past few days reading the story (on and off)

I agree with Katherine, the relationship between Cicero and Manfred adds a lot of realism to the story.

Keep it up and I'll keep reading (;

-Syn...

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Thank you, Synthrâx. ^^ You can expect the next chapter either today or tomorrow. ^.^

Was there any way you thought I could improve?

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • To answer your question about is it overwhelming to have everything happening at once, no its not. I kind of like everything happening at once because that how real life works. Everything doesn't work systematically in a period of days, most things happens at once. Besides, I'm for one used to having everything happen at once. Its a writing style that one of my friends has, as well as myself.

By the way, I'm glad that the dialogue isn't planned out and just pops up. You think of the most creative things on the fly, that's my policy. :)

No problem. I enjoy a good story and it deserved a very extensive review. I'm keeping an eye out for you. :P

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Sgt Shock said:
    To answer your question about is it overwhelming to have everything happening at once, no its not. I kind of like everything happening at once because that how real life works. Everything doesn't work systematically in a period of days, most things happens at once. Besides, I'm for one used to having everything happen at once. Its a writing style that one of my friends has, as well as myself.
    Good to hear. ^.^

Sgt Shock said:
    By the way, I'm glad that the dialogue isn't planned out and just pops up. You think of the most creative things on the fly, that's my policy. :)
    Well, the minor things anyway. Most of the major things are pre-planned. XD;

Synthrâx said:
    Honestly... no. Hahah!

Maybe that's why it's such a successful fic thread (;

-Syn...
    Hahaha, thanks. ^^ If you ever see anything, don't hesitate to point it out. ^^

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Chapter Twenty-Two: How Did We Get Here?
    About eight months ago, Charlotte Appleby could have never imagined the situation she was in now, an operative for a terrorist group. She was a successful trainer. Sure, this meant living in makeshift houses, or on the street, but there was always the thrill of battling. The thrill of defiance. The thrill of tomorrow.

She was in the slums of Teartas City. She was, like all trainers, a nocturnal nomad. You couldn't stay in one place for too long, or you'd get captured. And you couldn't operate in the day, or you'd get caught.

"Appleby! Is that you?"

Charlotte turned at the sound of her last name, her scarlet hair flicking behind her. The familiar voice matched a familiar face. "Liam!" She rushed towards him, embracing him. Taken by surprise, he slowly clapped his hands to her back.

Liam was Charlotte's age, and was a bit of a prodigy. Despite having only five years with his Pokémon, his quick thinking and brilliant training strategies made him famous in the world of trainers, infamous in the eyes of the government. And, more recently, the Eyes. He was quite small, had dark brunette hair, and a scraggly, unshaven face. Dark circles were around his eyes for lack of sleep, but he was wearing designer clothes. When you're a trainer, an extra charge of larceny really doesn't make that much difference.

"What are you doing in the city? You'll get caught."

Liam parted with Charlotte, and smiled. "It's Teartas. The Oligarchy is weak here at the moment." He looked around. "Nevertheless, we shouldn't be talking in the open. Come." They half-ran, half-jogged to the nearest manhole, and Liam removed it. Feigning a pompous accent, he stepped aside and winked, "My lady."

As the climbed down, Charlotte asked, "You didn't really do that? You know, before you ran away?"

Liam had been in quite an upper-class Torcran family, before he ran away at the tender age of twelve, attracted to the world of Pokémon. "Ha, no," he answered, jumping down onto the murky water. The sewers of Teartas were the current popular place for trainers.

"Didn't you miss your friends?"

"I only really knew two people. I was in a one-on-one tutor school. One of them, Jim, reveled in his aristocratic status. He was slightly younger than me, and loved his position. A pompous eleven-year-old, for Arceus's sake."

"And the other?"

"Bevan. Son of the Voice. He was always a bit strange, but then… His mother committed suicide. I quite liked him before then, but then he became reclusive, partly due to his father. The apple doesn't usually fall far from the tree, but this one did. And it seems he was being raked in…" Liam made a sad face. "I don't really want to talk about it."

Charlotte smiled. "Then don't. What have you been up to?"

"I came from Route 616. I'm heading to Zetport – there's a bit of a gathering planned there in a few months."

"Isn't Zetport City guarded?"

Liam smiled. "The ports are. That's why you stay away from them. Besides, it's not in the city – more in the country close to it. Do you want to come with me?"

Charlotte made a worried face. "I don't know… travelling in groups is…"

"Pretty fun," winked Liam. "Besides," he laughed, "your street cred will go through the roof if you're seen with me."

"Always blowing your own trumpet," laughed Charlotte, rolling her eyes.

"If I don't, who will?"

"Oh, I don't know, pretty much every young trainer across Torcra?"

"That's true," said Liam, a twinkle in his eye. "So, Charlotte. How about it? Want to come to Zetport?"

"Go on, then," smiled Charlotte. "So, any interesting stories?"

Liam laughed. "In Route 616, a Cloak discovered us. He was a big fella, as well. He sent out a Mismagius against us. Shut him down with my Flynstra."

"How?"

"Lured it underwater, deep down, and while the Cloak was focused on what was happening in the water, I shot him. Returned Flynstra and ran like hell." He sighed. "They're catching onto us using 616, Charlotte."

"They're doing that everywhere."

"Everywhere we've already gone to," winked Liam. "Torcra's a massive region. They'll never be able to truly shut us down." Charlotte stopped, squatting down. Liam leaned against the wall next to her. "So, how have you been? I heard you're making quite a name for yourself, for a trainer who's been going less than a year."

"I suppose you could say that. But I learned from the master."

"No, you didn't," said Liam, uncharacteristically modest. "The only reason I get so much credit is because our trainers are running thin, Charlotte. You listen to the stories of the older trainers, and they talk about some of the greats. My style is highly derivative – I listen to our forefathers, you know? Before the Oligarchy cared that people did Pokémon. That's when the real experts flourished." Liam's manner of speaking was erratic: he often didn't care for using proper language, but could be very articulate when he wanted to.

They stayed in silence for a while, before Charlotte spoke up. "Before… you said you shot him. How'd you get a gun?"

"Cronine."

"But… arms dealing's dangerous. They're really serious in that business."

Liam shrugged. "I can defend myself well enough. And it's stupid to limit yourself to one mode of defence."

"But it must be weird, shooting a man." Charlotte spoke with an air of coldness in her voice.

"You never killed anyone?"

"No."

"You will. If you don't, they'll get ya. And it feels no different killing with a gun than it does with a Pokémon. They're a human being all the same. But, in self-defence, all's fair."

"Could you… get me a gun? I couldn't."

"Scared?" Liam winked tauntingly.

"Yes," Charlotte admitted. "Back in the cult, I longed for this life. But, a lot of it is scary. And arms dealing… they mean business."

"The entire underground is serious. It's riddled with secrets. I mean, there's a rumour going around the underworld that could get my head cut off if I tell you."

"Not encouraging me to go there myself."

"What you have to remember is that it's a business. They want to sell you stuff. They only want to kill you if you make life difficult for 'em."

"Again, there's little encouragement there, Liam." But Charlotte was smiling.

"If you want, I'll get you your own."

"D'you have the money?"

"At the moment, I'm quite in the black."

"Huh?"

"Means 'yes'. In any case, if I don't, I can steal it."

Charlotte still hadn't quite gotten used to the criminal aspect of Pokémon training. Sure, she'd stolen before, once, when she was desperate. But a month later, when she had the money, she mailed it back to the store.

"Hungry?" Liam was unlatching his backpack, and pulled out a sandwich.

"I'm finding it increasingly hard to distinguish hunger from plain old boredom," said Charlotte casually.

Liam knelt down, sandwich in hand. "You're not really coping with the lifestyle, are you?"

Charlotte turned away. "I like some parts… but look at us. Separated from our parents. In a sewer. Talking about stealing things and shooting people."

Liam reached put his hand on Charlotte's shoulder. "As a trainer, you get to see the ugliness of the world in its entirety. But you also get to live it, Charlotte. What's the alternative? Mine was working behind a desk, orchestrating suffering. Yours was to grow up and pump out babies for a cult that you knew, in your heart, didn't have a shred of truth in it."

It was perhaps these words that Charlotte needed to hear, both eight months ago, and now. It was really why she brought this stale memory up. It was these words that she needed to hear, even if it was only a memory. But her old trainer friend was about to have relevance in her life again. More than she could possibly imagine…

*​

Later that night, Bevan's three Pokémon were sitting together, whispering quietly to one another, as they often did at night.

"<Bevan's acting strangely,>" noted Gliscor, looking up at their master. "<He seemed sorry, but…>"

"<He's having trouble dealing with his emotions,>" said Venomoth, fluttering silently through the air. "<He's having a lot of trouble at the moment, and he's still finding himself and his place in the world. At the moment, he's trying to remove feeling from himself.>"

Pupitar leaned back, proud of his trainer. "<That would be… well… I couldn't do it. But, imagine that. He's got guts.>"

"<It's not a good thing,>" admonished Gliscor. "<Emotion drives us! Imagine having no happiness, no drive. Just a vessel of logic.>"

"<And power,>" added Pupitar.

"<Is it worth it, though?>" Venomoth was flapping around, agitated. "<What's the price of power?>"

"<You two are looking at it wrong. It's not about the cost, it's about the reward.>"

"<What happened to you?>" Pupitar was annoyed. "<You used to be fun.>"

"<I evolved,>" Gliscor replied darkly. "<Against my will, if you hadn't noticed. I'm surprised, it seems you didn't gain even a modicum of maturity.>"

Pupitar shot up with surprising speed, when you consider his lack of legs. "<How dare you?>"

Venomoth fluttered between them. "<No! Stop it!>" The fight was downgraded to a fierce staring contest, which was broken immediately by the sound of the door squeaking open.

"<Iserno!>" Venomoth squeaked. "<What are you doing here?>"

Iserno circled Bevan's Pokémon. It looked menacing, but it was simply a matter of habit, his sharp shoulder blades rocking underneath his skin as he strutted, until he finally sat.

"<I was prowling the halls, and overheard your conversation.>"

"<It's rude to eavesdrop,>" said Pupitar, pouty.

Iserno ignored it, and turned his head to Bevan. "<I saw the coldness in your master's eyes in the Pokémon battle. I'm not a Pokémon who's scared easily, but that look sent chills down my spine. Power is a beautiful thing, but if it is not accompanied by passion…>" Iserno turned his head to the group.

"<…Then it's dangerous,>" muttered Venomoth, completing his sentence.

"<Precisely,>" agreed Iserno. "<I like to be strong. I like to win. But it's always accompanied by the thrill of the fight. Always. And I've never met anyone who didn't experience that, or at least a rush of victory at the end.>"

Pupitar felt uneasy. His master was being attacked from all sides. "<But emotion screws you up! It makes you weak!>"

Iserno snarled in disagreement. It wasn't hostile, but he was combative by nature. "<Could you do it, Pupitar? Feelings make you who you are. You couldn't fight if you were filled with apathy. Because there'd be nothing driving you. If you're not driven by happiness, you're driven by something else.>"

"<Why does that something else have to be bad?>"

"<Because,>" explained Gliscor, "<the only thing left is the most extreme version of totally rational self-interest, but dispassionate. There's only one place where you can go from there: you have to eliminate everything that disagrees with you.>" Gliscor paused for thought. "<You would… have to create your own world, where your rules reigned supreme. You'd have to become the new Oligarchy, or…>" Another pause. "<…Or die trying.>"

Pupitar scoffed. "<That's totally ridiculous.>"

Iserno went to leave, but left with these parting words. "<Pupitar, if I've learned one thing in the world of humans, it's that the ridiculous always prevails over the sensible.>"

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Hey, fairly decent chapter overall.
    Liked the Charlotte flashback, could Liam's relevance be a love interest? Or possibly the one to make bevan come to his senses as they know each other from prior?
    I also like how you had Pupitar as the only pokemon on Bevan's side and Iserno's input as well.
    Kepp these great chapters rolling mate :D
    Also do you have a PM list? If you do could I please be put on it?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Lol, I don't know if it is out of homage, habit, or plain old word choice, but that's the 4th time I've seen 'feign' in your chapters (that's not a bad thing, just pointing it out, with a smirk and a wink).

Before the Oligarchy cared that people did Pokémon.

Was that supposed to be had, instead of did? Okay, nevermind, you explained it one sentence later XD

I like how the pokemon are still inexperienced in terms of logic, morality and youth. XD

Great foreshadowing ;)

Well, I don't think it brought up as many questions as you thought it might, but it certainly was interesting to see some character development, and history.

If you might remember, there was an episode where Ash became possessed by an ancient entity, and he sent out his various pokemon. Anyway, they listened to his orders, despite thinking them callous or wrong, however, when it came to pikachu, it outright refused. So, not sure if you pulled a bit from there. ;)

Anyway nice chapter. :)

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • AllTimeLow1 said:
    Liked the Charlotte flashback, could Liam's relevance be a love interest? Or possibly the one to make bevan come to his senses as they know each other from prior?
    Toying with the information you know, you know that they're friends, although it's a pretty big leap to the former. Of course, it's a possibility. ;D The second one, you've got more of an argument for, as he's an old friend of Bevan.

The only thing I can promise is that Liam is not a red herring, and he will definitely have some later relevance. ^.^

AllTimeLow1 said:
    I also like how you had Pupitar as the only pokemon on Bevan's side and Iserno's input as well.
    Thanks. ^^ Iserno was really put there because I needed some third party input rather than the triangle of Gliscor upset vs. Venomoth mediating vs. Pupitar gleeful. XD;

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Kepp these great chapters rolling mate :D
    Thanks man. :)

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Also do you have a PM list? If you do could I please be put on it?
    No, I don't. But I could start one if you'd like?

Feign said:
    Lol, I don't know if it is out of homage, habit, or plain old word choice, but that's the 4th time I've seen 'feign' in your chapters (that's not a bad thing, just pointing it out, with a smirk and a wink).
    Feign is one of my favourite words. Although, a word 4 times in about 50000 isn't really that special; you just notice it more. XD I'm saving my favourite word for the epilogue. :3

Feign said:
    I like how the pokemon are still inexperienced in terms of logic, morality and youth. XD
    We can't all be people with divine connections and ridiculously high IQs. ;D But did you still think the points of the scene were effectively conveyed?

Feign said:
    Great foreshadowing ;)
    Thanks. ^^

Feign said:
    Well, I don't think it brought up as many questions as you thought it might, but it certainly was interesting to see some character development, and history.
    It brought up two obvious ones: "what relevance will Liam have?" and "who is he?" There are several subtle ones, however. ;] Did you catch any of those? :o

Feign said:
    If you might remember, there was an episode where Ash became possessed by an ancient entity, and he sent out his various pokemon. Anyway, they listened to his orders, despite thinking them callous or wrong, however, when it came to pikachu, it outright refused. So, not sure if you pulled a bit from there. ;)
    Total coincidence. :o I haven't seen that episode. XD;

Feign said:
    Anyway nice chapter. :)
    Thanks. ^^

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • I'm back and I caught up. :P I've been reading all day really. You had me hooked.
    Anyway, I find this as a really good chapter. Bevan's character is quickly becoming on of my favorite. It reminds me of mine actually. Josh, in my fan fiction, is being rather cold and rational at the moment. I involved Cyrus but more directly.

I also have pokemon interactions but not like yours. Mine consist mostly of the trainer and their pokemon not pokemon to pokemon interactions.

Everything is so awesome in your fan fiction. Its such a pleasure to read. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Sgt Shock said:
    I'm back and I caught up. :P I've been reading all day really. You had me hooked.
    XD;

On a related note, I have no idea how people read all that in one go. XD; I'm terrible at reading something for an extended period of time, even if I really enjoy it. @_@; [/short attention span]

Sgt Shock said:
    Anyway, I find this as a really good chapter.
    Thank you. ^^

Sgt Shock said:
    Bevan's character is quickly becoming on of my favorite. It reminds me of mine actually. Josh, in my fan fiction, is being rather cold and rational at the moment. I involved Cyrus but more directly.
    Wait until Part III, when things get even more blurry. Then we'll see who your favourite character is. XD;

Sgt Shock said:
    I also have pokemon interactions but not like yours. Mine consist mostly of the trainer and their pokemon not pokemon to pokemon interactions.
    It's really just a matter of preference. I wouldn't say one method is 'better' than the other. The reason I have Pokémon-Pokémon interactions more than human-Pokémon ones is because I feel the humans are best developed by speaking to other humans.

Sgt Shock said:
    Everything is so awesome in your fan fiction. Its such a pleasure to read. I can't wait for the next chapter.
    Thank you so much. ^^ Was there anything you picked up along the way that you thought could be improved?

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • No. I didn't find a particular peak of interest that you should improve on. Anything that you had to improve on was quickly remedied with your general growth.

Now that you mentioned part three, I'm really looking forward to how Bevan evolves. You just got me all excited. :P

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Sgt Shock said:
    No. I didn't find a particular peak of interest that you should improve on. Anything that you had to improve on was quickly remedied with your general growth.
    ^^ That's good to hear.

Sgt Shock said:
    Now that you mentioned part three, I'm really looking forward to how Bevan evolves. You just got me all excited. :P
    Heh. Part III's a bit of a risky manoeuvre on my part. It could go off like fireworks; it could fall flat on its face. But it'll tie the budding plotlines from Part II together. With a twist. >:D

Would you like to hazard a guess at that twist will be? ;D

Back