• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Actually calling out the pokemon's move?

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
Years
It would be best if it was just an option. But,then the game would cost so much more.

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Dude! That's an awesome idea! XD Although I would prefer the DS' microphones to be good, then. When I recorded my voice for Chatot, it sounded crappy as hell.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
I think thats a good Idea but I think that people would take advantage of it and say stuff like ''Noob'' so when the use tackle or something it would be like Noob!

Years
Totally off topic, how cool would it be if you could blow in the mic to get rid of things like burn and smokescreen!? Might break the gameplay a bit, but it'd still be fun.

Back on topic. I think it wouldn't be a problem if it was optional. Like, maybe have a little microphone button on the bottom screen that you'd have to hold down while you shout the commands, or you could just select the commands like normal without looking like a fool in public.

I'm 26 and have no shame yelling "Pikachu, volt takle!" in public. Everyone I know is totally used to my nerdiness by now.

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 24, 2018
Well...only if its optional i mean i would not want to have to yell at my ds to comande my pokes...but if they had the touchscreen movesets still, and that as long as it is either or i think it should be fine.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
while it would be cool i think it should be optional because you cant always talk out loud. it would be pretty funny to see some random person walking around yelling attacks at their ds.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
Years
Nintendo could probably do this.
I mean, they did it with Nintendogs.
But I have to say, playing Nintendogs before I hit puberty made the game horrible.
I think some kids may want to enjoy their game instead of getting irritated cause they have to repeatedly saying Hyper Beam because the system can't understand them.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2016
Errrr... How about we wait until virtual reality is perfected (the kinda stuff you'd see in Sci-Fi 80's movies)...

I feel that it would really shine in the sort of setting.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
well the ds has a mic, although it sucks.
I was thinking of the same thing today, lol.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
I always thought how great it would be to tell your Pokemon to wake up during battle through the microphone. Heck, I try it when I'm alone in my room. it works sometimes The DSi mic is pretty good outside of gameplay but I dunno how good it is in game...This could work if the mic was good and the person spoke clearly.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
Years
In game it's pretty terrible, although I just got myself a DSi and my nintendog seems to respond alot better. Also Phoenix Wright picks up my "OBJECTIONS!" better too.

Come to think of it, that's how they should introduce it, like in Phoenix Wright. You can press down X and shout "Objection" or "Take That" or "Hold It" if you like, or you can just tap the button on the touch screen.

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
Years
I think that feature should wait until a better quality mic is developed. I know that my DSi's mic can pick up most words, but a lot of people, such as myself, don't always speak clearly. So, there's a lot of potential problems with this feature.

Then again, I'd pay to see a kid yelling "Fire Blast!" over and over.

Numbers

Say my name
Years
I think it's a good idea, something I can see them implementing later down the road. Of course, while keeping the ability to just press which attack you want to use, giving you the choice of either speech or just plain old pressing buttons.

I like the idea of it being an option, it'd be a fun little gimmick if they could implement it as a bonus. (Although advertising it as a main feature would be too far) Although I'd hope it wouldn't be like most other games where if you don't have an American or English accent it doesn't understand you. That REALLY gets on my nerves.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
that would be fun to do. They could make it an option. Like others said not this generation. I would like to call out "dodge it!" that would be really useful in competitive batteling :D

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
that would be fun to do. They could make it an option. Like others said not this generation. I would like to call out "dodge it!" that would be really useful in competitive batteling :D

yea..but no. people like who never feel like using their voice, calling out "dodge" every turn would be incredibly annoying and make me feel stupid.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
For one thing, voice commands take too long to translate, though voice acting is easy in video games (well, unless you're Megaman X4), so as a result, the games get released in the states near the end of summer 2011 and not after March 21st like usuall (speaking of which, why are all main series games released in late March/April, and always on a Sunday?)......

There was this one Power Rangers-like game (I forget it's name) for the DS by Nintendo released back in 2007 that never got translated, because there were too many voice commands, and all in Moonspeak, so by the time it would have been releasedin the states, the DS systems successor (the Nintendo 3DS) would have already been released

Also, what happens if you are playing the games with a Pikachu (or any of Ash's Pokemon) in battle that knows Thunderbolt/Volt Tackle, and you are watching the Anime when Ash suddenly shouts his usuall "Peekachoo, yoose thundabowlt!!!!" with the TV at maximum volume, and you wanted your Pikachu to use a diffrent move......

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
That would be really great, but I don't think they would do that. Too much work for them :/

Back