• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ones That Got Away Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
What D:?

I need a team ;~; D:<

Haha, it seems we both posted at the same time, and both deleted our posts at the same time. I'll re-post the team I originally gave you then:

Shuppet
Numel
Swablu
Tentacool

Added you to the Challengers list. Enjoy!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Haha, it seems we both posted at the same time, and both deleted our posts at the same time. I'll re-post the team I originally gave you then:

Shuppet
Numel
Swablu
Tentacool

Added you to the Challengers list. Enjoy!

I don't see Snorunt on that list>:o

Thanks n.n; I'll start soon, I'll have my update tonight ~

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Name: Vaporeon7
Game: Blue
List of Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Number required: 6
Any specific requirements: One Pokemon that can learn Surf and one that can learn Fly.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Well I've started my challenge in Soul Silver and decided to hack in Snover, Zangoose and Corphish since I couldn't wait to use them (I'll get the other ones where they are in the wild). I'm now in Union cave heading to Azalea town after finishing the Violet city Gym with only level 9 pokemon- was too impatient to level Zangoose and Corphish up properly.

It was interesting training all these from level 3 and each of them had their own drawbacks and strengths.

Team:

Spr_4p_459_m.png

Snover ♂ @Miracle Seed level 13
Snow Warning- Rash

-Powder Snow
-GrassWhistle
-Razor Leaf
-Icy Wind

I've always wanted to raise this cute lil' critter from the start but were always found too late in the game. It's STAB moves have great coverage in the game, Ice is nets a lot of super effective hits on the Grass and Flying types. Breezed through Sprout Tower although opted not to use it against Falkner so the other team members could shine. I thought the infinite hail would be troublesome for the team but so far not yet, let's hope it won't be too much of a hassle later on.

Spr_4d_335.png

Zangoose ♀@Shell Bell level 12
Immunity- Lax

-Scratch
-Leer
-Quick Attack
-Swords Dance

Her ability is really useful against the Weedles and Ekanses (?) that populate Soul Silver. A bit of a pain to level up as it gains experience slow but she's quite strong herself, becoming even more of a monster when she learned Swords Dance at level 9, making the battle against Falkner's Pidgeotto easier with a boosted Quick Attack, even when underlevelled.

Spr_4d_341.png

Corphish ♂ @None level 14
Hyper Cutter- Quiet

-Bubble
-Harden
-ViceGrip
-Rock Tomb

Quite a pain leveling up I have to admit, as it only had Bubble when I first caught it. Had to sit out from all the Bellsprouts in the Sprout Tower so he didn't get a good move until KOing Falkner's Pidgey, though at the time his health was too low to use his newly learned ViceGrip against Pidgeotto. Even though Bubble is weak, the Speed drops do come in handy and Corphish can take hits so far with Harden. Surprisingly and thankfully, he gains experience fast. Recenty found and taught him Rock Tomb as I plan to use him against Bugsy. Whereas he was useless in Sprout Tower, he is VERY useful in the caves, along with Snover (though I prefer Corphish as the Hail creates uneccessary turns that slow my progress down)

EDIT: lol never mind the team, someone already posted XD

vaporeon7

Years
I started my Blue 'The Ones That Got Away' challenge. I played through the game until I reached the Viridian Forest where I caught my Pikachu. I trained my Pikachu a lot and went through the Forest. I then beat Brock (just). I went east until I reached Mt. Moon. I went inside Mt. Moon and caught a Paras and Clefairy. Part way through Mt. Moon I evolved Clefairy. Once I got to Cerulean City I beat Gray and then helped Bill and got the SS. Ticket. I then went back and defeated Misty. I am currently in Cerulean City.
Spr_1b_025.png

Ashachu (Pikachu) Lv22.
Moves: Thundershock, Growl, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack.
Spr_1b_046.png

Slicendice (Paras) Lv19.
Moves: Scratch, Stun Spore.
Spr_1b_036.png

Pippy (Clefable) Lv20.
Moves: Bubblebeam, Growl, Sing, Mega Punch.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Update:
-Saved the Slowpokes. Zangoose easily plowed through Team Rocket and their poison types.
-Challenged the Rival. Snover vs Croconaw was fun as soon as Grasswhistle hit before grabbing 2 Critical hit Razor Leaves in a row.
-Challenged Bugsy. Scyther ran away after being hit by Corphish's Rock Tomb sending Metapod as a replacement, which allowed time for the crayfish to set up Harden and heal (Leer+U-turn left him in red). The next time Scyther came out he didn't stand a chance when he stupidly used Focus Energy.
-Zoomed through Ilex Forest, teaching Zangoose a stronger STAB move in Headbutt, then used that to find a Pineco in the next route.
-Went back to Ilex Forest to teach Pineco Headbutt to replace Tackle as Bug Bite doesn't do enough damage.
-Skipped as much trainers as I can to grab a Nidoran F, levelling Pineco along the way when those annoying trainers face you the moment you take another step. Pineco levels up quite fast actually.
-Defeated some Guards while the moon is still out.

My team"
Spoiler:

vaporeon7

Years
I defeated the Team Rocket member in Cerulean City and then headed south. After I arrived in Vermillion City I went east and caught a Drowzee. I then went on the SS. Anne. While on the SS. Anne Paras evolved. I then beat my rival and got Cut. I then went and beat Lt. Surge. After that I went back to Cerulean City and then went east. I went into Dark Cave and during my exploration Drowzee evolved. I then got to Lavender Town. I then travelled west to Celedon City. Where I evolved Raichu. I then went to Saffron City and beat the Fighting Dojo. I went back to Celedon City and defeated Team Rocket and then Erika. I am currently in Celedon City.
Spr_1b_026.png

Ashachu (Raichu) Lv32.
Moves: Thunderbolt, Swift, Thunder Wave, Submission.
Spr_1b_047.png

Slicendice (Parasect) Lv32.
Moves: Mega Drain, Stun Spore, Leech Life, Spore.
Spr_1b_036.png

Pippy (Clefable) Lv32.
Moves: Bubblebeam, Tri Attack, Sing, Mega Punch.
Spr_1b_097.png

Hemingway (Hypno) 32.
Moves: Headbutt, Hypnosis, Mega Kick, Confusion.

I then went back to Lavender Town and ridded Team Rocket from the Pokemon Tower. I then went and got the Super Rod and then I caught a Poliwhirl, which I then evolved. I then travelled to Fuchsia City and got Surf and beat the gym. I then went to Cinnabar Island quickly and got an Aerodactyl. I then flew to Saffron City and saved the Silph Co. I then went and beat the gym. I am currently in Saffron City.
Spr_1b_026.png

Ashachu (Raichu) Lv40.
Spr_1b_047.png

Slicendice (Parasect) Lv40.
Moves: Mega Drain, Slash, Leech Life, Spore.
Spr_1b_036.png

Pippy (Clefable) Lv40.
Moves: Bubblebeam, Tri Attack, Sing, Mega Punch.
Spr_1b_097.png

Hemingway (Hypno) Lv40.
Moves: Headbutt, Hypnosis, Mega Kick, Psychic.
Spr_1b_062.png

Satoshi (Poliwrath) Lv40.
Moves: Surf, Hypnosis, Earthquake, Ice Beam.
Spr_1b_142.png

Fossil (Aerodactyl) Lv40.
Moves: Wing Attack, Bite, Fly, Supersonic.

I then went to Pallet Town and surfed south to Cinnabar Island. I then went into the Mansion and got the key. I then went into the gym and won. I then went back to Viridian City and beat Giovanni for the last time. I went west and beat my rival and the continued to and through Victory Road. I then challenged the Pokemon League.
Lorelei: Only needed Raichu.
Bruno: Poliwrath and Hypno dominated.
Agatha: Hypno almost soloed her and Aerodactyl finished her off.
Lance: Raichu, Poliwrath and Clefable defeated him.
Rival: Raichu, Poliwrath did some and Parasect dominated.
I've now finished my challenge on Blue.
Spr_1b_026.png

Ashachu (Raichu) Lv50.
Spr_1b_047.png

Slicendice (Parasect) Lv48.
Moves: Mega Drain, Slash, Leech Life, Spore.
Spr_1b_036.png

Pippy (Clefable) Lv47.
Moves: Bubblebeam, Strength, Sing, Blizzard.
Spr_1b_097.png

Hemingway (Hypno) Lv48.
Moves: Headbutt, Hypnosis, Metronome, Psychic.
Spr_1b_062.png

Satoshi (Poliwrath) Lv48.
Moves: Surf, Hypnosis, Earthquake, Ice Beam.
Spr_1b_142.png

Fossil (Aerodactyl) Lv47.
Moves: Fire Blast, Bite, Fly, Supersonic.

Last edited:
Years
welll... umm.. I am sorta doing that in heartgold... but this is after I beat Red and E4 and all that. just for fun, Ive redone my team with lv 5s (now Lv 12 and up) and am going through all the old routes. if only there was a way to re-activate the old triggers.. (I can't do that BTW, i don't have an AR).

my team is, wierdly enough;

Mew (Lv 11) (yes, this is legitimate, it was given away in October)
Torchic (Lv 12)
Starly (Lv 12)
Charmander (Lv 15)
Pikachu(Lv 10)
Magikarp (event) (lv 8)

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
welll... umm.. I am sorta doing that in heartgold... but this is after I beat Red and E4 and all that. just for fun, Ive redone my team with lv 5s (now Lv 12 and up) and am going through all the old routes. if only there was a way to re-activate the old triggers.. (I can't do that BTW, i don't have an AR).

my team is, wierdly enough;

Mew (Lv 11) (yes, this is legitimate, it was given away in October)
Torchic (Lv 12)
Starly (Lv 12)
Charmander (Lv 15)
Pikachu(Lv 10)
Magikarp (event) (lv 8)

If you're raising Box Pokemon without starting a new file, then you're in the wrong Challenge - Try this one instead.

EDIT: Vaporeon7, congratulations for becoming the Challenge's 5th Champion (and so quickly, too)! I've added you and your final party to the Champions list.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Update:
-Battle all the trainers within the Goldenrod vicinity.
-Nidoran evolved into Nidorina
-Bought some TMs leaving me next to no money, saving some for later since I'm still not sure who to teach the TMs too (I wish it were like Gen V and not single-use :()
-Went into the Goldenrod Gym and challenged Whitney.
-Clefairy fell easy to Zangoose's Slash.
-Miltank took a bit longer, although she wasn't as threatening as in previous runs. Started with Pineco to Bug Bite that Lum Berry away then switched to Nidorina to hopefully make Poison Point activate and also because she has Double Kick.
-Had to heal Nidorina before Miltank was finally poisoned and when she started the Rollout of Doom I switched into Pineco (WHAT!? A bug type against Rollout?!) and used PROTECT to stop the pesky move.
-Because I wanted my newest members some gym battle experience, I went back to Zangoose when Nidorina's health was a bit low again (damn Stomp) and used Quick Attack but because Miltank had red health Whitney healed.
-Zangoose then used Swords Dance and did another Quick Attack, although falling short of the KO. Luckily Zangoose somehow survived another Stomp from half health and the next Quick Attacked KOed the cow.
-Got the badge and the Squirtbottle.

My team:
Spoiler:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Sooo, I've also finished this challenge today.
No screens, sorry.

83.png

Lv. 70
Fly
Swords Dance
Steel Wing
Slash

89.png

Lv. 71
Sludge Bomb
Thunderpunch
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

185.png

Lv. 70
Rock Slide
Faint Attack
Strength
Earthquake

199.png

Lv. 71
Psychic
Headbutt
Surf
Iron Tail

212.png

Lv. 71
Wing Attack
Metal Claw
Swords Dance
Slash

234.png

Lv. 70
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Stomp
Earthquake

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Sooo, I've also finished this challenge today.
No screens, sorry.

No worries, I'll believe you. I'm nice like that. Congratulations on becoming the 6th Champion! You've been added to the Champions list.

As for my Challenge... It's sort of stagnated for the time being. I've recently got my Xbox back from repairs and have started Mass Effecting again, so I'm not really playing Pokemon just at the moment. I'll get it done soon enough though.

Magikarplvl.98

The Water Pokemon Defender
Years
Ok I'm in.
Name:John
Game:Ruby
List of Pokemon that got away: Mawile

Skitty
Zubat
Torkoal
Koffing
Zangoose
Seedot
Slakoth
Golden
Ralts
Carvanha
Spoink
Staryu
Castform
Wynaut
Number required:
Any specific requirements: One water pokemon

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
Ok I'm in.
Name:John
Game:Ruby
List of Pokemon that got away: Mawile

Skitty
Zubat
Torkoal
Koffing
Zangoose
Seedot
Slakoth
Golden
Ralts
Carvanha
Spoink
Staryu
Castform
Wynaut
Number required:
Any specific requirements: One water pokemon
Koffing!
Mawile!
Zubat!
Castform!
Wynaut!
Goldeen!

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Update:
-Set dogs free, beat rival then Morty
-finally got Surf, went to Ruins of Alph to find my final member of the team
-Finding the right Natu was really annoying as they tend to Teleport away. I also wanted to get the lowest level one (lvl 18) so I would have Night Shade, thinking that was the only way Natu could get constant damage but realised later that in early levels Night Shade was pretty disappointing.
-Also got the Moon Stone and evolved Nidoqueen so she could learn Body Slam (always love using this move)
-Surfed to Cianwood, beat Eusine then Chuck (a bit tricky being all level 25 and under but made it)
-Evolved Natu.

My team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Update 10:

Finally, another update from me - it's been well over a month since my last proper update! Oops. Anyways, me and my bros carried on through Kanto, trekking through Diglett's Cave after nailing the Snorlax who got in the way. I reached Pewter and took down Brock with no real trouble - Omastar did the bulk of the work but was taken down by an annoying Giga Drain crit from Kabutops. Dragonite did the rest.

I then Surfed down South from Pallet Town, avoiding all the trainers because I frankly couldn't be bothered. Ocean routes always did annoy me. I got to Seafoam eventually and ruined Blaine using a combination of Pokemon - I seem to recall Toxicroak taking down his Rapidash in impressive style (like I say, he likes a challenge).

I returned to Cinnabar to talk to Gary, then Flew straight back to Viridian. The last Gym puzzle really does my head in; it's not hard, it's just a pain in the ass. Anyway I started the fight and had a bit of a brain fart - Exeggutor is of course Grass/Psychic - NOT Grass/Poison - so Girafarig's Psychic didn't do too much, and Leaf Storm ruined my poor giraffe's day. The rest of Gary's Pokemon actually put up a reasonable fight though. Toxicroak took down Exeggutor before falling to Pidgeot (damn Air Slash crit). Omastar finished the bird off, before Machamp critted Stone Edge and nailed Mismagius. Dragonite finished the bulky fool off.

Omastar then OHKOd Rhydon and 2HKOd Arcanine (including a clever use of Mud Shot to take the dog's Speed down enough for Surf to finish him off - clever Omastar). Finally I switched in Dragonite against BLOODY Gyarados (I really, really hate that Pokemon). Dragon Rush didn't kill it - thanks to Intimidate - and then it missed second time, when a second Ice Fang finished off Dragonite for his first fainting since he evolved. Practically the first time he's taken any damage since he evolved, even. Pinsir jumped in and finished Gyarados off in impressive style, thanks to Rock Slide, which I taught him after Brock.

So, all 16 badges down, I got a call from Professor Oak. He gave me Rock Climb, and I'm now trying to figure out where to find a slave who can learn Cut, Rock Smash AND Rock Climb. Suggestions anyone?

Next I'll be training to beat Red, and the Challenge will be complete!

The Team:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back