• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unforgotten

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
Years
  • I wrote this when I was in a sorta sh*t mood last night. I think it's kinda stupid, but I'll let you make your own opinion about it.

Remember me when you walk through the streets
    When life is good or is packing the heat
    Every time you taste something that's sweet
    Remember me...

Remember her when you walk down the aisle
    She'll never forget it, when she sees you smile
    Though the life with her will be a trial
    Remember her...

Remember him when he goes off to war
    Though we may never know exactly what he fights for
    From the day we shake hands, until he walks out the door
    Remember him...

Remember them when they help you up
    The day you drink with them from your crystal cup
    Though your meet with them may seem abrupt
    Remember them...

Remember us when we go a separate way
    When duty calls and we can no longer stay
    Whether we see each other again, well who can say?
    Remember us...

Never forget as you live through your life
    On the streets of pain or on a shelf of strife
    Promise me one thing as you face the tide
    Never forget who you are inside

Yeah, I still think it's not that good.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Ahoj

For the month of February, my review for your piece of creative writing has been preceded with a word from the Czech language. Feel free to be proud, annoyed, or confused by my intent, as I don't really give two cents about what other people think about my peculiarities.

With that said, on to the actual review on this piece of fiction so succinctly termed poetry. The message told within the poem, I felt, was a refreshing view at appreciating life and relationships to the fullest with some scattered, though effective, references towards their transient natures. There's also the constant allusion towards life not being easy and that we're basically just bearing with this gift of life the best we can without complaint. Juxtaposed with your messages on appreciation, it makes for a good balance, and allows your poem to not only tell people to appreciate life better, it also avoids from coming off too cheery, which I find to be a bit nauseating at times, hence my love of realism.

I have to say, though, there was one line in the poem which I found hard to understand. It may have been a metaphor, but that would seem out of place seeing as most of your poem tens to focus on life-events as opposed to allusions. With my limited knowledge of Christianity, I'm thinking it has something to do with baptism, but I'm just taking a wild guess here.

Still, quite a nice poem, and I look forward to seeing any more of your work if you have any.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I think it's pretty great!
    Not extraordinarily good, but still very nice. I can't see why you don't like it much.
    The style is neat and the patterns of the words are clever.

Keep up the great work!

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • I am probably just being over-critical of myself as I normally am. I think it's kinda cheesy, but the fact that two people like it, is enough to satisfy me for the moment I gess.

And as the the Baptism thing? I'm not sure I know what line you're talking about. I think you're referring to the crystal cup, and to be honest, that was one of the harder lines to write. I've tried to think of a better line, but crystal cup is basically you drinking wine or something.

I think myself as Christian, but baptism wasn't on my mind when I wrote this.

Back