• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ahhh!A Fire down the street from me!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    We'd know how those people felt, because my grandparent's house burned down earlier this year. :( Is everyone there okay?

Years
  • Aye! You're right. But fire did come down from the mountains and burned half of my neighborhood. Luckily, our house was spared. Everything at that time was covered in smoke and ash.... scary. O.o;;

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
  • Wow! I hate fires when they are big like in nevada! Scary! One time thre was a frire realy close to my house1 But it was put out! I wasn't even home at the time!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • That's why you always empty the lint out of your dryer, folks. o_o; That must really suck for the family that lost their house. I'd hate myself if it were my "fault" for something like that. (Though you can't really blame yourself for a fire unless it was on purpose. o.o)

I'm glad you're okay and the fire didn't spread though. It must have been pretty scary. ^_^;;

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Gee, fires are pretty bad.. I'm glad I did not got into any of those.. I'm glad people are okay, and I wish the best for people who lost their homes ;_;

Here in Houston there was a fire that killed 4 children.. Its very tragic, I mean, they were children! They were too young..

*I'm not gonna joke I'm dying since this isn't humurous*

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    CaRtOON said:
    Here in Houston there was a fire that killed 4 children.. Its very tragic, I mean, they were children! They were too young..
    Ahh, I hate that something like that happened. The fire that burned down my grandparent's house happened on the worst possible day ever. -_- The phone lines were dead, their cell phones weren't getting service, everyone was asleep because it was about 3:00 AM in the morning, and the fire trucks couldn't have even gotten out there quickly anyways because the roads were iced over. (It was during winter..) My grandfather attempted to turn on the water hose to maybe help the flames go down a bit, but the water inside of it was frozen up too. >_>; They probably would never have made it out alive if my grandmother hadn't been awake because she was sick, and my grandfather hadn't gotten up too to check on their generator. (Which apparently caused the fire, somehow..) And you know, the ONLY day that they ever parked their car in the garage, the fire happened. (They had a truck and jeep outside..) And because the house was so huge and they had an upstairs, they couldn't get any things or very many animals out in time. They had several cats and dogs, but our favorite cat and favorite dog died in the fire. Plus, my grandfather was in the military and he had a lot of awards, gifts, etc. in his office. It was really horrible, but, atleast they made it out alive. That was the most important thing.

Yikes, I've typed a lot. o_o;; Oh! And I have pictures of it too. I don't have to worry about anyone coming to stalk them and search for their house because it's completely gone now.. -_- There wasn't even a wall standing, and all of their neighbors that lived pretty far away woke up because of the light from the flames. (It was so tall that it could be seen over all of the trees in that area.)

The pictures are of the front, back, and after the fire. I suppose it was actually bigger that what the pictures show. And it was really beautiful in real life, considering that they had so many nice things and decorated it pretty.

And BTW, they're beginning to re-build right now. ^_^; The house won't be as big and won't have any of their old things in it, but they can start over now...

Back