• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
  • Cynthia walked into the room and looked at Bri. He had gotten there even before the teacher? Wow, that was unusual.
    "I... Er... I'm Brian Jameson!" Bri said. He looked at the ground as she sat behind her desk. Klu walked in a moment later. Hadn't she left before him? And didn't he get here first? He didn't remember passing her... She introduced herself and sat down in a seat near Bri's.

"Um... So, what will we be doing?" Bri asked. Thyme looked at the pichu on Klu's desk as though she was sizing it up. She decided it wasn't a threat and ignored it.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
  • As Vincent entered his classroom he was the only one there again. He sat down in a chair and noticed that there was a door leading to another room. A gym maybe? Probably figuring the class. He leaned back in his chair as he watched Blitz rest peacefully.

"Man wonder when the class starts." Vincent said to himself as he started reading his book again. The teacher had walked in through the other room wearing shades indoor, weird.

"Hello my name is Lt. Jonathan Surge, call me Lt. Surge for short and you are?" The man said introducing himself.

"My name is Vincent Xackford Luna sir," Vincent said still reading his book. Lt. Surge walked over to Vince closed the book and took it from him.

"No reading during class," He said as he put the book on top of his desk.

"Oh come on man that's bogus!" Luna whined as Lt. Surge just smirked and sat down in a chair.

"Now we wait for everyone else to get here," Lt. Surge said as he pulled out a magazine and started reading it.

"No reading a Miltank's butt," Vincent muttered to himself as he leaned back in his chair and wait for everyone in the class to arrive.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Valorie's Post

Valorie looked up and noticed that her friends had left without her. She just sort of became alarmed and swallowed the last of her breakfast and got up, stumbling as sue dashed out of the cafeteria in an attempt to catch the others before they ran off, only to find she was too late. She sighed, disappointed, and headed back inside, pulling out her planner. It was now a diary planner hybrid. She took the moment to find a corner to sit in where she could scribble her thoughts and feelings down. After a bit she finished, feeling somewhat satisfied, and closed her planner, beginning to head off to class. Shortly later she walked into class, looking around briefly. Good, she wasn't even late or anything. She caught sight of Cynthia and just sort of stopped, staring. Woah. That sure looked like the champion from Sinnoh.

"Uh..?"

Mackenzie's Post

Mackenzie casually watched Valorie walk by. She was half tempted to talk to the short girl, but t seemed like that might just result in her running away. She honestly thought Valorie a coward, not having seen any other side of Valorie than the one she saw last night briefly.

Checking her tablet she saw it was time to go and began heading off to coordinating class.

Years
  • Jack decided he would sit this one out he creeped his way out of the crowd and took a seat at the edge of the "Stage". Jack noticed Mark presence but wasn't really interested in him, he had already figured out his battle style. Jack took out his six pokeballs and stared on them sitting there motionless thinking up battle strategies, while hearing "Ohs" and "Ahs" in the background. Funny how things Jack hated could amuse others so much, but to each his own. Herb was getting bored, "Cant blame you" Jack mumbled as he counted the minutes for the class to finish. Jack took off his jacket as a way of beating the heat and hung it over his shoulder but the red t-shirt he was wearing still showed which dorm he was in. "Miss Taylor" Fantina shouted "Your up" This intrigued Jack's interest how would Brogan be able to do to show off her skills in a contest stage.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Skye smiled arms he walked to class. Oh the two of them were not going to mesh well. This could actually be fun. Intellectual games were hard to come by when you were surrounded by those with a one-track mind and tunnel vision. He knew he was the same at times but he hoped he wasn't that bad. Rama laughed. "Did you see Jack's face? Hook, line, and sinker!"

"Sheh-he I-is rather attruh-hactive," the boy stated.

His Zorua snorted. "Yeah to idiots. I hope you and I weren't the only ones who caught on to her."

Skye shrugged. "Ah-has long as I d-d-don't hah-have to sh-show her my work, I duh-hon't care."

"Yeah... We're in trouble aren't we?"

"Mm."

Rama grinned. "Awesome." he snickered as they made it to class. "Honestly, that girl... Wonder when she'll figure out the only thing she has going for is how stupid she is." Skye shrugged again, walking into class and nodding to Cynthia. He quietly sat down.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
    Years
  • Ty smiled as he walked into the pokemon fitness class, and then it vanished suddenly. Was that Lt. SURGE!? One of the most infamous gym leaders of all time? The man who put live electrical trapsin his gym? The man who-

"Son, are you going to sit down or stand there and gawk at your superiors? What is your name boy?"

"Tyson Fitz sir!"

Surge stood up. "From your apparent terror I can see that you already know who I am, but just in case I'm wrong, I am Lt. Surge of Kanto, and I am your teacher for the day. Sit down Mr. Fitz."

Ty managed to choke out a response to the lieutenant. "yuh-Yes sir! Right away sir!"

Ty quickly sat down next to the only other person in the class, and stared straight ahead, not even daring to speak to the student next to him.

Surge smirked at the boy and sat back down, opening up his magazine again.

Nideous

Years
  • Bri looked at Klu. She seemed a little odd. Was she mad that she had a boy's name? Ok, but that was fine.
    "Hey Klu! Um... I was going to go to the icy plains later on to try and catch an Ice type... And... Uh... Oh, hey Skye! I forgot you had this class too. I would have waited for you. Sorry," Bri said nervously. Thank goodness Skye had walked in. He seemed a little upset. Probably because of Brogan. Thyme didn't like her either. That always put Bri on guard. Thyme was a social pokemon. She loved being around humans. It's other pokemon she didn't like. If Thyme didn't like a human, then that was someone to watch. Bri yurned to Skye.
    "Hey, I was going to go to the icy plains to catch an ice type after class! Did you want to come too?" Bri said. Thyme looked at him like he was nuts.
    "I'll stay in my pokeball if you go. The cold would probably make these cuts even worse," she said, soundiing a little scared. Bri nodded, though what she said went way over his head. It didn't occur to him that she may have another reason to hide from the icy plains.

(OOC: Snype would know why she doesn't want to be out in the icy plains. Heheheh!)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Klu was suddenly addressed by someone next to her. She turned in intrigue to find the boy from before, the one that was sitting with Ms. Houghton-Taylor before tons of people flooded in. What was his name again....? Bleh. That what I get for not paying attention.

"Hey Klu! Um... I was going to go to the icy plains later on to try and catch an Ice type... And... Uh..." the boy said, sounding very awkward. Another boy entered to room, here for the same class as the two. "Oh, hey Skye!" the first boy said. "I forgot you had this class too. I would have waited for you. Sorry. Hey, I was going to go to the icy plains to catch an ice type after class! Did you want to come too?"

Klu thought about going to ice plains.... Ice-types were very effective if you compensated for their weaknesses. She turned to the boy with a smile.

"I'd love to go to the icy plains after class if you want me to tag along," Klu said, sounding very polite and happy. "I'd be a pleasure, um, I'm sorry, but I've forgotten your name. I'm much better with faces then names," she lied. Her expertise was with remembering names and facts, not images. But she smiled through her falsehood, just trying to make sure that it came across as an innocent question rather than rudely.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Skye smiled at him. "Ih-hit's okay Bruh-Bri," he said amiably. "Wuh-he n-needed a cou-couple minutes." Rama nudged him, giving a silent reminder to the other half of Bri's words. "Suh-hure, w-we wouldn't muh-muh-mind," he replied happily. "N-Need to fih-hill the dah-hatabase anyway." Rama grinned and nodded. Icy plains. Volca would melt the whole area. That'd be worth the frostbite! Not.

"Skye," he said suddenly, sharply and Skye nodded, glancing at Klu's Pichu. The boy smiled at Klu now, looking pleased.

"Yuh-hou're a guh-hood breh-b-breeder aren't you," he asked admirably. "Ih-hit must beh-be fuh-hun." Having raised Volca as an egg, Skye had a high respect for those who did it relatively professionally. Though he was going to assume raising a Pichu was easier, but he couldn't be sure. Examining the Pokemon told well raised and carefully bred with the correct moves. If he wasn't sure this girl didn't work at a breeding farm, he almost would have been angry. But he could tell that wasn't the case so that made his smile genuine.

Nideous

Years
  • Both of them said they wanted to come! That was awesome! Though Bri hadn't quite gotten the words out of his mouth to ask Klu, she picked up his meaning quite well. But, how had she forgotten his name? He had just told her! Oh well, it wasn't a problem.
    "That's great that you both want to come! And my name is Brian! But you can call me Bri. Everyone else does!" Bri said happily.
    "Except me and your mother," Thyme mumbled. She was not looking forward to going to the icy plains. The only reason she was going to go was because Bri would let her stay behind if she asked. But she wasn't going to ask. If Bri had been the kind of person to make her do something she didn't wat to do, she would have ditched him a long time ago. Bouncy took this oppurtunity to leap out of Bri's arms and bounce around before landing on Klu's desk next to her Pichu.
    "Igglybuff!" she said happily before jumping off and bouncing over to Skye and doing the exact same thing with Rama.
    "Igglybuff!" She said gleefully. Bri grinned. She was such a silly pokemon. She bounced back and started rolling playfully around Thyme.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • "Well it's nice to meet the both of you, Brian and Skye." Klu said happily.

"Yuh-hou're a guh-hood breh-b-breeder aren't you," Skye commented. "Ih-hit must beh-be fuh-hun."

Klu, although a bit thrown off by this boy's stutter, continued to smile as she rubbed Butler's head. The Pichu cried merrily and looked at his trainer with big eyes of appreciation. "Thank you! I love raising these little guys." She said.

Suddnenly, an Igglybuff bounced right in front of her, causing Klu to fly back in her chair in surprise.

"Igglybuff!" it chanted as it bounced away. Butler clapped his hands in amusement.

"Okay, okay, students. All to your seats." Cynthia said, standing up in front of the chalkboard. Klu directed her attention and put on a fierce face. She was reading to learn! "Today, we're going to practice the importance of status inflicting moves. Now, you see,"

Cynthia began listing all the kind of status ailments and advantageous affects, such as leech seed and attract, down on the board. Even though Klu was extremely familiar with all of them, she took out her notebook and wrote down everything Cynthia said about them. You never know when a quiz is to show up.

Cynthia paused as she finished her last word on explaining the ailments. "Now we're going to pair you up to fight one another with one Pokémon each, and I want you to use any status-inflicting moves you have. If you successfully hit you opponent with one, you get an A for the day. Extra points if you end up winning the battle. Now let's see here...." Cynthia took out her short class list. "Brian, you will be paired with Valorie. Syke, you will be against Ms. Claude." Cynthia dropped her list on her desk once she made various other pairings of the class and looked up at the students. "Now let's all get up and go to battlefield one. When we get there, I'll tell you about the little twist I have in mind to make things interesting besides just poisoning or paralyzing each other."

Klu got up from her desk before anyone had even seen her move. She held her backpack with Butler neatly packed into it. "Ready, Miss!"

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Class started abruptly, starting with status effects. Skye smiled placidly and sat, taking small nots He marked a few, noting to himself to look up certain topics later. A battle with status effects... and Volca will take the stage, he thought with dry amusement. At least four of his Larvesta's attacks had a status effect possibility, Not to mention his ability of Flame Body. He grinned at the thought of facing Klu. She seemed excited already. Gathering his things, Rama held out Volca's Pokeball to him. He took it with a nod and waited for everyone to get up.

"Ready to show off ain't she," Rama chuckled with a grin. He was only teasing.

Skye merely smiled, knowing what his Pokemon was actually saying. He was rather excited himself but he wanted to go to the icy plains a bit more. That seemed more interesting. BUt he would learn what he could. Knowledge was a powerful tool, second only to instinct.

Nideous

Years
  • Bri stood up quickly. He was going to have to battle and use Status effects?! But, he only had two pokemon that could do status effects! One was Thyme and her Attract. She was too weak to battle now. Not with those holes in her chest! And then there was Bouncy. She was still a baby! How was she supposed to fight!? He looked around and then began to follow the others with a sad expersion on his face. How the heck was he supposed to fight with status effects when his pokemon couldn't use them? He guessed he would have to use the level 1 Bouncy and just lose the battle. As he always did. This was getting depressing. At least he could fight off wild pokemon. Provided they didn't blow up at him. Thyme patted him on the head and Bouncy looked up at him from his arms.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Skye saw Bri's downcast expression. He probably didn't think he had a chance. He thought of the boy's roster and paused. Status moves are battle effects... sometimes that means something unexpected. He went up to Bri, remembering the boy's Growlithe. "Buh-Bri... Nuh-hova knows Buh-hite ah-ah-and Ember right? Buh-Bite cah-can leave an o-opening for anuh-hother attack and E-E-Ember m-might burn theh-heh opponent." He patted the boy's shoulder gently. "Yuh-hou can do ih-ih-hit. Duh-hon't gi-gih-give up when you hah-hah-haven't even stuh-stuh-stuh-started."

Rama nodded. "Yeah kid, you've got to at least give it a try. This is just one way to battle. And it doesn't matter. Win or loss, you've gotta have fun while you can."

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Klu walked with her head held high and Butler in her arms as she strutted behind Cynthia. She was perfectly set! Butler had Thunder Wave and almost every one of Hobbes' moves could inflict status ailments! She turned back to notice her other classmates to see the two boys in the class were walking together. Syke, her future opponent, seemed to be just as eager as she. Klu smiled at him. Looking over at Brian, she saw he was actually kind of depressed. Klu slowed her pace until she was right next to him. Butler, noticing the change of speed gazed over at Brian with a dumbstruck look.

"What's the matter, Brian?" She asked, truly concerned.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Selene

Oh darn oh darn oh darn...she was WELL in time for class before, and now all of a sudden she was LATE?! How did that happen!! It wasn't as though she got lost in a daydream and lo-well, she did kind of...after Brogan and Jack had left she'd found herself preoccupied by trying to figure out the girl who she had just met...but not for long!! It hadn't been as though she'd been sat there for ages and ages and...

Well, it didn't matter anymore. She was only a couple of minutes late...and she was still on her bad leg so surely that would count for something. As far as she was concerned whoever was teaching should be grateful she was turning up in the fir...oh no...

Arriving at the classroom, Sel peered through the door window...Lt Surge! How had she forgotten he was the teacher for this class! Oh man...opening the door slowly, Selene had an apologetic, sheepish smile in place before Lt. Surge even looked up...

"You're late," he said accusingly, tossing his magazine down on the table and standing up, watching Selene unblinkingly as she blushed deeply and moved across the room. She saw him take in her crop shirt and jeans combo with a raised eyebrow. "What part of 'Trainer Fitness' did you not understand Miss..." "Evans," Selene offered quietly, inwardly flinching as she slid into the seat next to Vince. "Evans. That is not appropriate clothing for this class."

"Yes Sir I know, but my leg was severely poisoned yesterday in the Forest and I was in the Hospital wing all night...I figured that I could be excused from activities too strenuous today?" she asked and Lt Surge laughed out loud.

"For today...yes, I will make an exception. But you will do well to understand, Miss Evans, that next time not even loss of limb will excuse you from my planned lessons...am I clear?" he asked somewhat menacingly and Selene nodded quickly indicating that yes, his message was crystal.

What a great start to the day...

Brogan
    Eyes narrowing, Brogan moved forward when called by Fantina. Miss Taylor...she couldn't let that one pass unchallenged...especially when she suspected that Fantina knew very well what her full name was and was playing some kind of mind game with her. Arranging her face into a pleasant smile she turned to her teacher.

"It's Houghton-Taylor actually...Ma'am," said Brogan firmly adding the 'Ma'am' honorific on almost as an afterthought...oh how she hated greeting anybody in the world except her father as though they were somehow above her...before taking her place on the field. Hmm...looking round at the motley collection of youths in front of her, Brogan smirked slightly. So what if she'd never even participated in a contest before...her pokemon had won them, even if not with her, and she had been taught the basics she needed to know by the best in the business...remembering one pokemon in particular, Brogan took a pokeball with a blue swirl on the front and threw it out in front of her, watching with an indifferent expression as her Squirtle emerged.

Squirtle himself had won two ribbons in the Cute Contest category...and Brogan could just about remember a combination of moves that that boy had told her to use with Squirtle...she wasn't sure about the exact order, but she knew the two she should use and that ultimately was more important...

"Okay Miss Houghton-Taylor," said Fantina, stressing the Houghton pointedly, "Let us see how beautifully it is that your Pokemon battle. You there," she pointed to a boy opposite Brogan who walked forward with his Clefable, "display for us the beauty of your styles," said Fantina with a short clap.

"Squirtle, use Mud Sport then your Water Gun attack," instructed Brogan as though bored as the boy with the Clefairy ordered it to use Sing and then Refresh...watching as Squirtle covered itself with mud, Brogan wrinkled her nose slightly - how could that be a beautiful battle technique..? - which seemed to lessen the effect of Clefairy's singing. She felt slightly anxious as Squirtle seemed to lose itself on Clefairy's song, but the mud must have covered his ears or something, because in the next moment his Water Gun attack had burst forward, knocking Clefairy back over its trainer's head and nto the floor. When the Pokemon didn't get back up, Fantina clapped her hands, the rest of the class following her lead.

"Oh! Fantastique! Bravo! That was a beautiful combination of moves was it not! Indeed! Congratulations Miss Houghton-Taylor!" she gushed, Brogan looking down at Squirtle as he came over to her covered in mud. Stepping back slightly, she shook her head at him.

"Not until you clean yourself off Squirtle!" she said firmly, watching with a small smirk as Squirtle sprayed water over himself, she then deigned to reach down and pet his head for a moment in recognition of his good job before turning and perching next to Jack on the stage, watching as Fantina began talking about how Squirtle's combination would have slayed in a Cute Contest - well duh. That was...ridiculously easy. She may need to look into the rest of her Pokemon's moves and such but...if all classes were going to be like this she'd be back in Saffron City within the month.

"Now! Mister Jacobs! I would like to see what it is you can bring to the stage!" called Fantina, making Brogan turn her head to gauge Jack's reaction - that was sure to go down like a lead balloon...

Nideous

Years
  • Bri nodded. He had no idea that Bite and Ember could do that. His head just wasn't in the game. Even so, he was still going up against Val. He knew she was one of the toughest battlers here. And he was the worst. So, how could he expect to win?
    "Yeah. You're right. I can't just give up," Bri murmered. He didn't think even Bouncy believed that. Klu then dropped back and asked him what was wrong.
    "Um... I'm just a little nervous. I always get like this before a battle," Bri said forcing a smile on his face. At least he wouldn't have to use Bouncy. She had just hatched, and wasn't anywhere ready for a battle. Thyme grimaced, but said nothing.

Fuyu

Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Skye sighed. "Ih-it's beh-hetter to lose a lot than always wih-win," he said quietly. "Winning loh-hots gets a bi-bi-big head and you geh-het lazy. Wheh-hen you lose, yuh-hou look m-m-more at mis-mis-mistakes and how to cuh-cuh-correct them ah-hand turn the tah-hables."

"Besides," Rama added. "Even I know there's more to being a trainer than just battling. Having fun, raising Pokemon, healing them, studying them, there's a lot you can do. So even if you aren't the best battler, you're good at other stuff. You're probably better than Skye at healing Pokemon."

"Eheh-exactly," Skye hummed. "Suh-ho don't fo=fo-focus on win-win-winning. Try to coh-honcentrate on learning"

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • "Not to say I'm eavesdropping or anything," Klu said to make a point, "But I believe I heard something about strategy for the upcoming battle before? I'd like to add into the discussion. I love talking shop," Klu cleared her throat.

Before she was about to begin her mini-lecture, she stopped. An idea popped into her head. "You know, Brian. It's best for one to have a Pokémon that knows a move that is purely meant to inflict a status ailment. Because in most move's cases, the chance is slim if the status ailment is only a bonus. Do you have any healthy Pokémon that know moves like Thunder Wave or Toxic?"

Klu paused and tapped her fingers on Butler's head. "Because my Pichu does," Klu extended her arms out to motion Brain take her Pichu. "Here, you can battle with Butler, if you want. I'd hate to see you get a low grade because you couldn't manage to give your opponet a simple disadvantage." She insisted. The Pichu blinked and looked at Brian with his mouth agape. He didn't know what was happening.

Back