• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Fresh Start

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
  • @Fantasykisala - Okay it's good now, you're accepted and I look foward to seeing Ally in action.

@Breezy.: No question, you're accepted! I really like your character, she has a very interesting backstory, and it's nice to see you really embracing the setting, welcome abboard.

@DJYosh: I'd like to see a little bit more of each section, look at fantasykisala's sign-up for references, that'd be about the right size of paragraphs that I want to see. But if you do that, you'll be accepted.

@Hero11: It feels like you're too bent on getting your characters to be perfect and amazingly talented, thereby making them too much, they're not really believable. Sure, there might be photography prodigies, but that's not something you want to use for the rp character, unless you have some major flaws and tidbits to balance it out. And you've given him no flaw.
    I really am sorry, but for the sake of the roleplay I have to decline your character.

The Oshawott starter is free again.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Here is my Su :), hope it's good enough ( it was made in the night so it might not be very good ) as i had a long day with my exams. If i have to change anything please let me know.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name:
    Lillian *Lily* Blackstar

Appearance:Lily is a very gorgeous young lady if you could say so, being the spitting image of her mother at her age, but with her father's hair color. She has silver to gray hair which she keeps into two pigtails, but leaving a bit of hair on the side of her forehead and in front. Her smooth hair is only matched by her beautiful eyes that are a very deep waterish color, you could say it is a mixture of blue and gray. Her skin is at the edge between Caucasian light and pale and has no bruises or scars from her treatment.

She is usually dressed in a wheat/sandbank blouse which has a strange writing on the middle, but looks very fashionable. Over her blouse she has a black jacket that has white sleeves. Lily wears a black skirt that matches her jacket. To compensate the fact that the skirt is a little too short she wears a pair of long white stockings and a pair of black sneakers with white shoe laces. She doesn't wear any accessories as she thinks that natural beauty is the best.

[FONT=&quot]Picture
    Spoiler:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]Personality: Lily is not very talkative with new persons that she meets and she looks like she is a loner but this isn't true. She just needs some time to get to know somebody and when she does she will show her true self and will be open-hearted. She is very smart and quick to react but that doesn't mean she doesn't get things wrong sometimes….she's not a smartass that's for sure. This is mostly due to the fact that she is very determined in what she does and doesn't stop until what she has on her mind is done.

Her strongest quality is her compassion, her love for others and her determination. If you are one of Lily's friends or have made your way into her hearth you will be safe to bet that she will always be by your side when you need it. Lily has a kind hearth, willing to help anybody that asks for her aid and a very big sense of justice. She will put her friend's problems above her own. Lily will do everything she can to know that her friends are safe and even if she looks fragile she is very powerful and packs a punch which will make you see stars. Recently due to some events she has become more of a loner and has shut herself in.

History: Lily was born in the Sinnoh region in the lovely and peaceful Celestic town. She is the daughter of the curent Sinnoh Elite Four Champion Clair and Drake former Hoenn Elite Four Champion, now retired and lives in Celestic town. She was raised just like any other child that has a loving family. Her mother wasn't always at home but she made sure to spend as much time with her daughter as she could when she had the time. Lily admires her parents and one day she wishes to take her mother's place as Sinnoh Champion. This inspired her to become a trainer so at the age of ten she received her very first pokemon from professor Rowan. She chose a female Chimchar as her starter which she named Pepper. During her journey in Sinnoh she had a lot of fun and unexpected adventures.

She managed to beat all the gyms and get all her eight badges in time for the Pokemon League, but one thing was for sure it hadn't been an easy path for her, even if her first four badges were won in her first try, the fight with the Hearthome gym leader went very bad on her first attempt. She learned from her failure and discovered that she was lacking confidence in herself. Along with her pokemon by her side and a Lily that knew that deep down she can overcome any obstacle if she trains hard and has her pokemon with her she challenged the Hearthome gym again and won. From then on it was a winning streak for her.

By the time she was 15 she was at the Pokemon League stadium her team being consited of Pepper which was then and Infernape, a Roseila, Milotic, Glaceon, Vespiqueen and a Gabite that she received from her mother as a Gible after she got her seventh badge. During the tournament she was a fierce trainer that the other participants feared due to both her good battling and knowing that she was the daughter of the Champion. By the time she got to the semifinal her opponent came up with a plan to win his battle due to a forfeit. He managed to hire somebody to fool Lily that his daughter was kidnapped by somebody and he knowing where they hid her but had no pokemon or help to get her back. Due to Lily's kind hearth she agreed to help the man , then she would try to get back to her match. The man took her up in the mountains and told her that his girl was in a cabin. When Lily entered the cabin the man called out his Snorunt and froze Lily up and locked her there. Lily was found a two days later by her father and was taken to the hospital immediately. She had missed her chance at winning the tournament but so did her former opponent as it was soon discovered that he was behind the evil plan and was disqualified. Lily' spent a month in the hospital as her frozen state damaged her organs and made her be more weaker and prone to getting ill.

After that it took two years for her to recuperate and be healthy and be able to travel again. Due to the incidents she has shut herself and she only trust her pokemon and her family. The girl feels that she disappointed her mother two years ago and doesn't have the courage to try again and entering the league, even if her mother assured her that she shouldn't feel that way. Her father, Steven, managed to convince her to come to Johto and give a shot at trying to win the League as the region is trying to retake its title as a Pokemon League region. After a few thoughts Lily decided to go to Johto and have a fresh start. She left her pokemon in the care of his father and grandmother, said farewell to all of her dear ones and left for Johto. She thinks that this journey will rebuilt her confidence and if she succeeds she will be ready to face the League in Sinnoh. Now she is in a hotel room in Blackthorn City awaiting to get her starter pokemon.

Starter:
    Sewaddle

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Teawanee - I'm sorry, I didn't see your post at first. The starters remain as they are, so no Vulpix, but you'll definitely be able to catch one further along.

@Romdinner - Your character is bordering pn mary-sueish, but it was well-written and you did give her flaws, just be careful with that while roleplaying, okay? Don't let her become too good to be true, and sometimes it's the more fun to play with the worst flaws. I would like you to age up the time she competed in the Sinnoh League by a few years so it's a bit more believable.

Also, as this roleplay is set several decades in the future, the old canon character wouldn't really be around anymore, so no Steven, Cynthia of Fantine. So if you could change those references and edit the ages you're accepted.

@Godzil - Consider it done, you have 24 hours to write up your sign-up.

@Breezy. - I'm glad you're looking forward to it, I haven't done a Johto roleplay in awhile (though I've not done a roleplay in awhile so it doesn't say too much xD ) and I love Johto as well. If all goes well it should start before the weekend C:

@Taurus14 - Sure thing, you also have 24 hours to write up the sign-up.

Also the previous reservation on Eevee has expired.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • I'll take the reservation for the Eevee... SU is about 50% complete at this point. I would love to finish it tonight but have class in the morning and need sleep. I should be able to complete it by tomorrow.

That being said I warn you your likely to reject my character because he is rather... unique for this type of RP. Just went one different direction with this one.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • Made the changes :). I didn't indent to make Lily sound like a Mary Sue and i still thinks he isn't . She is a kind hearted-person deep down but due to the incident she is now a loner and tends to have as less interaction with people as possible. Hope things are clear now :).

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Stingray - Alright then, I'll look forward to being suprised (:

@Romdinner - I was just concerned because she's the daughter of two champions and she doesn't seem to have any flaws. But you're good to go now.

Years
  • Here's an SU, for your reviewing pleasure:

Name: Moe Logroc

Appearance: Moe is taller than average, 6 ft. tall to be precise, and of average body type, leaning towards thin at 160 lbs. His hair is dark brown, almost black depending on the lighting, and kept short, but is usually messy, as he doesn't care to style it. His eyes are blue, and he wears a pair of small glasses.

For clothing, he usually wears an orange T-shirt and a black blazer, with navy blue jeans. He wears grey socks and olive green crocs on his feet, which is where shoes go. He wears a single black neoprene glove on his left hand, a regular glove that covers his fingers and ends at the wrist. To top of his ensemble, he wears a grey flat cap, which mostly covers his messy hair, but usually gives him hat hair if he removes it.

Personality: Moe is a friendly and outgoing person, always excited to see new things or meet new people. He is exceedingly curious, interested in a great many things. Despite this, he is not overly energetic or prying, as such things go against his personal code of conduct. He is interested in learning things, but has generally poor social skills, so he tends to be more reserved around others. This is not due to shyness, but due to his analytical mind. He tends to view every conversation or new experience like a puzzle, and he takes his time to carefully plan his approach before joining in. He takes this approach in all aspects of his life, and never attempts an activity unless he is at least 80% sure of his success.

Unfortunately, he tends to over-analyze and takes a long time to complete a task. He has issues with losing or being wrong, and poor decisions tend to plague him. A botched conversation, a failed question, or even making a poor decision that negatively impacts himself or especially others, leave him out of sorts, which in turn causes more missteps. This causes him to be extremely cautious, and is the reason he has delayed his Pokemon journey for so long. He has no preferred type, considering each Pokemon n their own merits.

History: Moe was born in Canalave City, in the Sinnoh region. He was a quiet child, spending most of his time at the Canalave library. When he was sixteen, he went on a journey across Sinnoh, traveling alone. One day, he encountered a young lass training her Pokemon. She asked if he would have a battle with her, but Moe responded that he had no Pokemon. This seemed to confuse the girl, who left abruptly. Moe wondered what he had said to upset the girl, and decided that maybe he should get a Pokemon to train as well. After all, it was rare that someone didn't have a Pokemon. He returned home, and after doing some reading, decided to go on another journey, this time to train Pokemon. Having already explored most of Sinnoh, he decided a trip to a foreign land would be double the fun.

He decided on the Johto region, having heard many great things about it. He informed his parents, who were overjoyed their son had finally decided to gain some first-hand experience in the world. He took a boat to Kanto, then took a train to Johto. From there he made his way to Blackthorne City, and arrived just in time to claim Cyndaquil as his own, as the Professor had already given out all his other starters.

Starter: Cyndaquil

Thanks for reading! Let me know if anything needs tweaking.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Godzil - It's a bit short on the appearance section, but since the rest is more than fine, you're accepted. Moe seems such an interesting character, I'll look forward to seeing him in action soon.

Tauros14

Minecraft+Pokemon=Pure Joy
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Name: Jack Halloway

Appearance: Jack has dark brown hair with random streaks of a lighter shade of brown. His hair is pretty long. It covers the tip of his eyebrows and nearly reaches his shoulder. It is very unkempt and messy. His eyes are a bright shade of blue and always seem to twinkle. He is slightly musclular in his arms. He is only 93 pounds and stands around 5' exact.
    He wears a dark red hoodie. Across it is big bold yellow letters that say: CELEDON CITY. He wears this to represent the city where he came from. He also wears black sweatpants. Jack is equipped with a silver watch that is on his left hand. He also has a camo backpack to put his items in and a belt to clip his pokeballs onto.

Personality: Jack is a very helpful person. He is simpathetic and pretty nice. He is very social and loves to meet new people. However, he is a coward when it comes to everything but battling. He loves battling and pokemon. He is usually always fun and makes jokes and pulls pranks. His sense of humor is extremely corny (because he reuses his grandpas jokes) and he is always the only person who thinks that his jokes are funny. When he is upset or nervous he becomes quiet and serious.
    Jack absolutely despises people who mistreat pokemon because of their strength. He believes that all pokemon can be equal in strength. His approach to battling is usually all out attack. This can be bad because he isnt good at countering attacks. His battling skills are weak but he is determined to improve.

History: Jack was born and raised in Celedon City. He lived in a large apartment with his mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa. His mom and dad worked at the department store as clerks and left Jack home every day with his grandparents. His parents were strict and made harsh rules and didnt want Jack to be a trainer. His grandparents were the exact opposite. Jacks grandpa used to take Jack into to forrest and watch the pokemon. Jack loved it and began to look forward to when his parents had work.
    When Jack was 9 his grandma passed. His grandma was a few years older than his grandpa. She died of a heart attack. Jack couldnt get over it. He was very sad. His grandpa still took him into the forrest but Jack could tell that his grandpa never really got over the death of his wife.
    Jack turned 12 and his grandpa was diagnosed with cancer. He was forced to stay home and take care of his grandpa. Finally, Jacks grandpa died a few days after Jacks 14th birthday. Jack was never the same after that. His parents got over it rather quickly which made Jack get angry at them. His parents wanted to find a way to cheer Jack up. They thought of something. They could let Jack go to Johto and start a pokemon journey. Jack was thrilled when they told him this news and right away he packed his bags and headed for Johto.[/SIZE]

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • Here is my SU... I expect some eye rolling and likely a rejection BUT its worth a shot...

EDIT: Hehe character was too much of a stretch... Character SU removed so perhaps in the future I can use the character in another RP.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Wondefullpat - Aaaand you're accepter (:

@Tauros14 - Please be sure to use double-spacing between paragraphs for easier reading, especially with long posts. But really, you're accepted.

@Stingray - Dang, this will be the hardest rejection to date. Anjir is an awesome, and not to mention unique, character, and you've put so much thought into him. He's just not suited for this roleplay. It's a PG roleplay, and Anjir's a lot, but he's not very PG... Really I feel quite bad about it, because you put so much effort into it, but this is just not the roleplay for him.

Drifloon have now been reserved for RevelationsLugia

Last edited:

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
    Years
  • Name: Akira Nagano

Appearance: Akira upon first glance would look no different than your average fifteen year old. He is 5'3 and has a long, slender body shape. Not thin enough to look scrawny or malnourished, but simply lean. His hair is rather unusual. Originally it had been white but he decided to dye it a dark shade of blue around the age of 10. He hasn't changed it since. Length-wise it is slightly wavy and is fairly short, only reaching down to the middle section of his earlobe. Skin tone is light, though he does have a slight tan due to his growing up on an island and spending time out in the sun. He usually wears an emotionless expression, though this changes once he is engaged in conversation. Akira's eyes are very deep and bright blue. When he stares off into space in thought, the depth of his eyes give him quite an intelligent looking expression.

For clothing, he typically wears a white jacket with two pockets lining the inside flaps on either side. On the back of said jacket is an emblem of a Silver Wing. It isn't silver but rather a dark blue, similar to his hair color. For pants he simply wears a worn pair of blue jeans. He doesn't like the frigidness of newer jeans as they restrict his movement so he tends to wear only older pairs, most of which have holes. His shoes are white with blue laces.

Personality: Akira can be a multitude of things. Usually he tends to be rather quiet, though not necessarily shy. If asked a question he won't hesitate or trip over his words trying to figure out what to say. He tends to try to please everyone whenever he can as he dislikes seeing people upset or some other negative emotion.

When confronted with a difficult situation, Akira prefers to avoid battle if possible. This isn't to say that he's a bad trainer or battler, but he prefers to reason with his enemies rather than just jump into fighting. This isn't the greatest trait for him to have though as he tends to appear rather weak because of it. That added onto his small-ish appearance makes him an easy target for bullies. He finds it rather hard to defend himself in these types of situations and usually backs down in an argument well before his opponent does.

History: Akira grew up on Shamouti Island in the Orange Archipelago, though he does not know personally if he was born there or not. He was adopted as a baby and raised in the local traditions and was schooled in the myths surrounding the islands. At a young age Akira decided that he wanted to be a Pokemon breeder when he grew up.

At the age of fifteen (Just a few months before the start of the RP), he decided to move to the continent of Johto to begin his own journey with Pokemon. This was a rather large change for him as he had never left the islands previously.

Starter: Drifloon

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @RevelationLugia - You're accepter, welcome to the roleplay.

Note: I've submitted the OOC thread and it is awaiting approval, please from now on post out-of-character things here in brackets (()) or [[]], and only on top of actual roleplaying-posts. If there's anything you'd like to ask me before the OOC gets accepter, you may always PM or VM me. (You may also do this when there's already an OOC, if you think it appropriate (:

Chapter 1: Blackthorn City​

Note: I will not give you a maximum amount of posts to make. You will need to make one post for each area, and after that you can write more posts if you wish. You may also travel back to previously visited areas at any time.

Blackthorn is one of the few cities that hasn't changed much over the years. Being snuggly nestled between the mountains has kept most people away, especially after the Pokémon League was stopped and the gym fell into ruins. It's full of old-style brick houses with straw roofs all standing upon an downward slope. The only two buildings that deviate from this norm stand out like sore thumbs in the traditional little village. The first being the PokéCenter, a wholly metal building (like is the fashion these days) with bright red roof and lit-up Pokéball sign that will heal a trainer's Pokémon for free if they have a legitimate license. The second is another metal building, bigger than the PokéCenter, standing where the Blackthorn Gym used to stand. This is Professor Sequoia's laboratory, and your destination today.

The Lab is a neat place, everything looks organized and the few yet to be unpacked boxes have been neatly shoved under tables. Still it looks a bit cold, with no personal items anywhere, the only thing decorating the walls are a few certificates on Professor Sequoia's name and a big educational posters with the known species of Dragon Pokémon on it. All else in the lab is equipment, metal storage units –some empty, some with a reading tablets neatly stacked and labeled- and a tray with about 10 Pokéball on a metal table.

When you enter you will find Professor Sequoia waiting patiently for you beside the table with the Pokéballs. She's a dark-skinned woman in her 50s in a grey blazer and skirt under a white labcoat. She has black, short-cropped hair streaked with grey. Eventhough everything, from her to her laboratory, has a very impersonal and business-like feel Professor Sequoia wears a warm smile and her face. You might be able to see that she's the kind of person who is absolutely lovely when you're on her good side, and can be deadly when on her bad side. Behind her stands a sandy-haired assistant, named Jonah, in a lab-coat of his own, though he won't talk much as he's rather shy.

The Professor will ask for your name, and hand you the appropriate starter. The starter has already been chosen for you ahead of time. She will then place a microchip, the License Chip, under the skin of your right hand with something resembling a stapler gun, it should only pinch a little. This chip is your trainer license, and it can be scanned when needed. Pokémon Centers, for example, would scan the chip before you're allowed a free healing and a free room to stay in. Gym leaders will also scan the chip when you defeat them, to verify that you have beaten them. Lastly she will hand you 5 empty Pokéballs (Which have outwardly changed little, except for being nearly perfectly weightless) and a PokéPad, which is small tablet pc, about the size of a hand, that fuctions as a Pokédex, a map, a connection to the internet as well as a phone, in combination with a wireless headset. Professor Sequoia's phone number is already programmed into it and she invites you to call her whenever you need assistance.

After this she invites you to try your starter out in the Dragon's Den. She'll show you to a door at the back of the lab which connects to a bridge over the lake right towards the Den's entrance. She does caution you to stay in the top level of the Den and not go deeper down, for the stronger Dragon Pokémon prefer the depths.

[ What you may, may not and must do: ]

- You must travel to the Blackthorn Laboraty
    - You must meet with Professor Sequoia and Jonah, receive your starter, your License Chip, your Pokéball and your PokéPad.
    - You may write this in one post or combine it with the Dragon's Den bit.
    - You may not interact with other roleplayers here, you will all arrive at the lab at a different time. However you may meet you own created NPC trainers.

The Dragon's Den

The Dragon's Den is a cave filled with Dragon Pokémon. There are multiple levels, each with strong Pokémon and eventually it opens in an under-ground lake with an old shrine. However you won't be able to go down the ladder to the floor below as one of Professor Sequoia's assistants will be blocking your path. The main path of the Den is very well-lit, with electric lamps on the ceiling, but there are many dark side-tunnels to get lost in. There might also be another rookie trainer there for you to battle, and plenty of wild Pokémon if there isn't.

[ Pokémon available for capture: ]

Bagon

371.gif

Level: 2-5
    Type: Dragon
    Moves: Rage, Bite
    Rarity: Rare

Gible

443.gif

Type: Dragon/Ground
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack
    Rarity: Rare

Dratini

147.gif

Moves: Wrap, Leer, Thunder Wave
    Rarity: Very Rare

Axew

610.gif

Moves: Scratch, Leer

Deino

633.gif

Level: 2/5
    Type: Dark/Dragon
    Moves: Tackle, Dragon Rage, Focus Energy

[ What you may, may not and must do: ]

- You must go into the Dragon's Den and battle a Pokémon or an NPC trainer.
    - you may catch the Pokémon you battled.
    - You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide wether you catch it or not.
    - You may write this in one post or combine it with Professor Sequoia's Laboratory bit.
    - You may not interact with other roleplayers here, you will all enter the Dragon's Den at a different time. However you may meet you own created NPC trainers.

[ Notes on cathing a Pokémon : ]

- You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide wether you catch it or not. I cannot stress this enough.
    - The better your post is, the higher the level of your Pokémon
    - If the Pokémon you are after is Very Rare, your post will have to be above-average in order to catch it.
    - If your post is exceptionally well-written and/or entertaining, there is a change your Pokémon will get an Egg Move.

RevelationLugia

Braviary Trainer
    Years
  • It had been a rather long journey from his cozy little home on Shamouti Island and if it weren't for the short nap that Akira Nagano had taken on the boat ride to the mainland, he would have been absolutely exhausted. Luckily, this wasn't so and he was able to function normally. Although he would have preferred to have flown to his destination, Blackthorn City, that option simply wasn't available. Occasionally Akira was given rides on various types of Flying Pokémon that visiting trainers owned but at the time when he had to depart, there were none available that could make to a remote location like Blackthorn.

Akira wasn't sure how long the journey had taken exactly, probably longer than a normal trainer would have taken since he had to avoid the patchy areas of tall grass where wild Pokémon were known to exist, but once he set foot in Blackthorn, he knew that it had been worth it.

Never before had Akira seen such a place. The lofty mountains surrounding the city were nothing like the small hills that were on his home island and the small houses on the incline were of a much different style than the ones that he had grown accustomed to on Shamouti.

He soon forgot his tiredness and quickly moved over to the large building that was Professor Sequoia's laboratory. He could hardly contain his excitement. After all, he had never owned Pokémon of his own before. All his life he had seen other trainers raise them and have loads of fun but had never before had the opportunity himself.

Akira pushed open the door to the laboratory and stepped inside, soon feeling slightly overwhelmed by the amount of fancy equipment. Nevertheless, he approached Professor Sequoia and nervously told her his name. He then received a Pokéball which contained a Drifloon. Thinking that this was it, he quickly thanked the Professor and turned to leave.

Unfortunately, Akira had never gotten an injection or anything of that sort and flinched heavily when the License Chip was put under his skin. He guessed that receiving a PokéPad and five empty Pokéballs after made up for the small pinch. Kinda.

He slipped the items that he had received into the inner pockets of his jacket.

His eyes lit up when Professor Sequoia informed him that he was allowed to go inside the Dragon's Den, the first floor at least. He quickly nodded his head and thanked the professor before heading to the back of the laboratory and entering the cavernous area beyond.

Akira spent about 30 minutes in the cave, finding absolutely nothing. He was rather discouraged by this, but decided that he might have just come into the cave at a poor time. After all, he didn't know when cave-dwelling Pokémon slept.

Deciding that he should rest up, Akira exited the Dragon's Den and walked to the Pokémon Center to sleep until he thought of something else to do.

Years
  • As Moe arrives in Blackthorne City, he takes a moment to reflect on the journey. The vehicle sections had been aalright, if uninteresting. But the walking through Johto had been the exciting part. He had moved quickly, taking notes on the area he had passed through, but saving the meat of exploration for when he had a Pokemon. After all, if he was to be a Trainer, he had to have a partner to train.

The City itself is another amazing sight. Moe finds it charmingly rustic, similar to Canalave. The Pokemon Center stands out, but at least it was easy to find. The Professor's lab waits furthur up the road, and Moe quickens his pace, not wanting to keep Prof. Sequoia waiting. He gives a respectful nod to the Professor and her assistant when he arrives. "Hello, Professor. My name is Moe Logroc. I believe you have a Pokemon for me?"

As he recieved his Pokemon, he also recieved some souvenirs, apparently. The Professor injected his hand with his Liscense Chip, a notion which amuses Moe immensely. "Fancy that! All of my information, literally in the palm of my hand! Quite a clever idea, Professor." Her assistant offers him a PokePad and 5 Pokeballs, which Moe accepts, and sends him on his journey, advising him to visit the local Dragon's Den.

Moe finds himself in front of the cave, crossing a wooden bridge. "A Dragon's Den is sure to have dragons, surely. Seems an odd choice for beginning trainers, but maybe it's stocked with baby dragons, or maybe they aren't as legendary as I've heard. Right! This puzzle won't solve itself, especially not from out here. Cyndaquil, let's take a look insde, shall we?" He holds his Pokemon's Pokeball, venturing into the cave.

It's not what he expected at all. The outside had given the cave an air of mystery and danger, but the inside was brightly lit and full of all sorts of open areas, presumably for safe battling. Several holes in the wall are left dark, and are easily large enough for a small Pokemon to climb into. A man in a lab coat guards a ladder leading deeper into the cave, presumably so no one injures themselves falling down the hole. "Best stay clear of it, then. Let the man do his job and all that." Instead, Moe goes to explore more of the first level. At one point, he sends Cyndaquil out, just so the Pokemon can get used to him.

Moe and Cyndaquil explore a bit more, but have yet to see any dragons. "This cave is interesting and all, but I think we have to be more assertive if we wish to find anything." Occasionally, Moe sees movement out of the corner of his eye, but nothing appears. "Probably someone else exploring this place too. I can't be the only person here, right? Right." Moe finally decides to instigate a combat, strating by tossing rocks into random holes in the wall. After 10 minutes of listening to rocks echo through the wall, he finally gets a result.

A rather half-hearted rock hits something living inside one of the holes, resulting in a shrill cry of outrage. A light blue serpent slithers out of the wall, tossing the rock back at Moe. It bounces off his shoulder, but the Pokemon itself catches Moe's attention. "A Dratini? I've heard stories of Dratini, but never seen one! And it threw a rock at me! This is wonderful!" The Dratini doesn't share Moe's wonder, and turns hostile. "Right! Now's the time where you and him fight, eh Cyndaquil?" Cyndaquil places himself in front of Moe, staring down the Dratini. "Give it a good Leer, Cyndy! Show him you're not afraid!" The Dratini glares at Moe, before Leering at Cyndaquil. "Oh. Show her you're not afraid. My mistake." The two Pokemon stare each other down, daring the other to make a move.

"Cyndaquil, Tackle her!" Cyndaquil charges forward, ramming his shoulder into Dratini. She responds by Wrapping herself tightly around Cyndaquil, trapping him in her coils. "Cyndaquil, try hitting her again! Throw her into the wall!" Cyndaquil leaps forward, bashing Dratini into the wall. Dratini leers at him again, tightening her coils. "Keep going! She'll tire sooner or later! Hopefully sooner..." Cyndaquil Tackles Dratini into the wall again, and is rewarded by a burst of static energy from the Dragon. Her Thunder Wave leaves Cyndaquil paralyzed as her Wrap tightens furthur.

"Cyndaquil! Clearly our attacks aren't strong enough. I hate to use it, but it's our only chance... Use Wild Charge, Cyndaquil!" Dratini Wrpas herself tighter around Cyndaquil as electic energy forms around the small rodent. Cyndaquil charges forward, leaping into the air and slamming himself and Dratini into the wall. The impact dislodges Dratini, freeing Cyndaquil from her Wrap, but damaging him in the process. For her part, Dratini seems tired, but Leers at Cyndaquil again. "What? Still going? Cyndy, Tackle her! Before she strikes again!" But Cyndaquil is overcome by paralysis, the electricity surging thrugh him locking him in place. Dratini gets a smug look in her eye, leaping forward to Wrap Cyndaquil in her coils again, but Cyndaquil dodges at the last second, Tackling her from the side and sending her back into the hole she crawled out of. Dratini lets out a faint whimper, signaling her defeat, fleeing into the safety hole. Cyndaquil sighs, tired from the fight.

"Excellent work, my boy! That was quite something! We'd better get you to the Center, though. You look like you're about to collapse! Back into the ball, leave the footwork to me." Moe returns Cyndaquil to his ball, proud of his new friend. It had been a rough fight, but it was exciting! Moe quickly heads out, luckily not encountering anyone else, human or Dragon. Despite arriving in town at roughly noon, the sun is already starting t sink below the mountains. "Huh. How long were we in there? It only felt like an hour, at most. Yet here we are, and the sun's going down. Time to put my new chip t good use and secure us ldgings fr the evening." He enters the Pokemon Center, gets Cyndaquil the care he needs, and rents a small room for the evening. As the two sit in their small room having dinner, Moe sighs, raising his water bottle in toast. "Today was a good day. Here's hoping for many more!" "Quil!" Cyndaquil chirps happily, tapping his juice box against Moe's bottle and drinking deeply.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Name: Ashton Elden

190.gif
    633.gif
    41.gif
    615.gif
    636.gif
    223.gif

Appearance: Ashton is pretty tall and skinny, sporting lots of bushy blonde hair in an eternal out-of-beed style. His standard facial expression is a smug smile, his green eyes glimmering and his teeth showing just barely. His body posture is most of the time laid back and relaxed, as if he had all the time in the world. He's recently hit puberty and his voice has grown a little darker, but he hasn't got any facial hair yet.

For clothing, Ashton wears jeans and a sweather with a hood, striped in two different red colors. On top of that, he usually wears a gray jacket with dark brown parts. He has aquired a special belt for putting his pokéballs on, since he's heard that a lot of trainer do that. And for shoes, he has the typical sturdy sneakers that he claims withstands any weather. Yeah, right.
    Image:
    Spoiler:

Personality: Ashton is a lax person. He's easygoing and joking and sometimes a bit annoying. He tends to care about himself and his properties more than about others. That's just human nature, isn't it? He doesn't talk about it though, and doesn't really ponder it either. That's just how it is. He is rather lazy when it comes to bothersome things like doing things for others or studying... but he is suddenly very eager to activate himself when it comes to pokémon. Like all his friends, he has wanted to become a pokémon trainer since young age, even though it seems like hard work and even though his parents were against it for a long time. He just hopes it'll be worth it in the end, when he becomes the champion and all. For sure.

When battling, Ashton finally puts his brain to good use. Being the cheerful and creative soul that he is, he can often seen possibilities and make up strategies where others cant. He tends to underestimate his opponents though, and get surprised when they see through his tactics. He's a sore loser and will be depressed for a little while after losing.

History: Ashton Elden grew up in the rather rich family of the Eldens. He lived his whole life up to now in the mansion outside of Ecruteak City, without siblings. This made him a bit spoiled and lazy since he was the little prince of the household. He did go to the local school and wasn't exceptionally bright there. He was lazy and often forgot to do the homework in time, even though he got acceptable scores when he did. Ashton was more often found staring out the window and drawing images of pokémon in his books, than actually listening.

His parents bought him pokémon as playmates but they didn't like to seen him pretend to be battling with them. They didn't think battling was a good profession for the heir of the Elden family. His uncle though, thought differently. He secretly taught him rules and tricks for pokémon training. When Mr and Mrs Elden noticed this, a large argument broke out... and the result was actually that Ashton was allowed to become a trainer, for Mr Elden eventually gave in and convinced Mrs Elden that his brother had a good idea. The new Johto league was starting up so it would be a golden opportunity to start a journey now. After all, there had been no great trainers in the Elden family. What if Ashton could be the first?

Starter: Aipom, thank you.

Let me know if I should lengthen or change something.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @RevelationLugia - I liked how you described the landscape and Akira's feelings toward it. Don't be afraid to write dialogue though, your writing makes it sound like we're watching Akira from afar, try really getting into the character's head. What does he think? Who does he talk to? Also in the Dragon's Den you have to battle something or someone. You can take Godzil's post as an example of how to do a good battle-post. But really it's good post, and I'll look forward to your next, and how you'll progress (:

Akira received a Drifloon!

@Godzil - That was a nice post, I specially enjoyed the battle and your depiction of Dratini, and you also showed the rarity of the Pokemon in the cave quite nicely. Also to you, don't be afraid to let the NPC's talk. I create them as a primed canvas for you to paint over, to show your character interacting with them really makes both them and the story more alive.

Moe received a Cindaquil!
    Cindaquil grew to lv. 7 and learned Smoke Screen!

@RHCP - You're accepted and I'm really looking forward to seeing Ashton in action, he sounds like he'll have an interesting journey ahead of him.

As we still have no OOC thread you'll need to take care of your character's Pokemon for a little bit, I'm hoping it'll get accepted asap, after which I'll take care of their team in the first post.

Last edited:
    Back