• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diminutive Haiku

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2012
Japanese Death poems/ Diminutive Haiku

I've created [well, sort of] a new poetry type- Diminutive Haiku. It's pretty much haiku with the syllable pattern 3-5-3. well, here goes...

--Diminutive Haiku--

As night falls
I embrace moonlight
Death beckons

--Regular Haiku--

Swift, nimble and sly
The heartless thief of souls
Have you no honour?

Will edit out this afterwards- Creating a trio of poems about death (or is it heartbreak, you decide.) The final one is to be a Tanka.

I will feel honoured if I see others using Diminutive Haiku.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So basically a yet-shorter form of Haiku... interesting. I quite liked your one there though; the atmosphere was captured nicely in those few words there which is what a Haiku (or Haiku-cousin) should do.

The Haiku is good too - I wonder what it is about though, if anything in particular? I will point out though that imo souls = one syllable so it seems to only have six syllables rather than the required seven in the second line.

Back