Progressing ROM Hacks This forum is for ROM hacks which are currently in production, but not yet finished. Come and find a ROM hack that's starting out, or post your own for others to see! For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?
Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon. 18 50.00%
No, keep them how they are 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old March 10th, 2012 (9:08 PM). Edited March 10th, 2012 by stocko.
Toast Engineer

Nature: Bold
    Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to stocko
    This looks like a good hack, I think the ideas and other concepts are sounding awesome If you need any sort of help, I can try and help out
    Good luck!

Edit: I found a devimon sprite sheet with a few overworlds.
    Attached Images
    File Type: png 088_Devimon.png‎ (27.2 KB, 33 views) (Save to Dropbox)

I support these hacks

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 10th, 2012 (10:00 PM).
    Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by stocko View Post
      This looks like a good hack, I think the ideas and other concepts are sounding awesome If you need any sort of help, I can try and help out
      Good luck!

Edit: I found a devimon sprite sheet with a few overworlds.
      Thank you for the encouraging words and help The Devimon sheet you found is a maybe. I've used one sprite from this sheet a few months ago for Devimon's battle sprite; however, the OWs are isometric which doesn't fit with Pokemon. With considerable editing I could make them work possibly, but I haven't made such a small detailed sprite like that yet. I have a feeling that this sprite sheet will end up being my starting point though.

If you find anything else let me know. Also if you have any ideas such as story or gameplay feel free to share. I'm open to suggestions and willing to discuss anything related to the hack.
      I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
      Old March 13th, 2012 (5:40 PM).

Wow, this looks amazing, I can't wait to play this!

I have a question though - when it becomes available to download, will you also make a Readme available which lists all the Digimon's Base Stats and locations?

And what do you have planned in place of Legendary Pokemon? Perhaps the Digimon Sovereigns, or maybe the Royal Knights?
        Old March 13th, 2012 (7:40 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
          Wow, this looks amazing, I can't wait to play this!

I have a question though - when it becomes available to download, will you also make a Readme available which lists all the Digimon's Base Stats and locations?

And what do you have planned in place of Legendary Pokemon? Perhaps the Digimon Sovereigns, or maybe the Royal Knights?
          Thanks for the enthusiasm

I'll try to release as much information as I can, but I don't think I'll release the base stats. You could easily check them out in YAPE, but typing them out one by one will take a bit too much time. I might though if I get bored enough. I will definitely let you know where and how to get all the Digimon. This may or may not include moves lists, digivolution levels, TM/HM compatablilty, EV's, etc.

For legendaries so far I have Calumon and MarineAngemon. They'll be replacing mew and mewtwo. I've already tried resizing two of the sovereigns, and to my dismay I couldn't get them to resize very well, even with a large amount of editing. It will take a better spriter than me to get legendaries like them in place. As for the Royal Knights, they will be obtainable only through digivolution. The won't be catchable in the wild, but for instance you could get Gallantmon from Guilmon's digivolution line around level 60.(This isn't final of course, as I still haven't decided at which levels the champions, ultimates, or megas will digivolve at.)
          I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
          Old March 14th, 2012 (2:02 AM).
          Soul Eater

Nature: Relaxed
            so cool nice . ive been a fan of digimon and pokemon so much and after seeing this gets my hopes up ill be waiting for the beta version of this game and hope it will continue on improving and improving

can patamon be found in this game? and the other old digimon's or is it new ones?

or is it a mix of old and new? anyways so far its awesome ..

My Supported Hacks:
            Old March 14th, 2012 (6:19 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Nemisis View Post
              so cool nice . ive been a fan of digimon and pokemon so much and after seeing this gets my hopes up ill be waiting for the beta version of this game and hope it will continue on improving and improving

can patamon be found in this game? and the other old digimon's or is it new ones?

or is it a mix of old and new? anyways so far its awesome ..
              Patamon can be digivolved from the starter Digimon Punimon, given the right attack/defense ratio. This has all the digidestined digimon from the first, second, and third seasons. All of them can be obtained, and most of them come from whichever starter you pick.
              Old March 15th, 2012 (2:09 PM).
              Soul Eater

oh cool.... thnx for the info ill be waiting for this game

go go digimon's!!!

My Supported Hacks:
                Old March 15th, 2012 (2:14 PM).
                • Platinum Tier

I really like the idea of the branching digivolution - great for the replay-ability factor and pretty unique among hacks.

The screens look good so far, although the mapping could maybe use some work, although I know you're focusing on the scripting/mechanics more at the moment.
                Old March 15th, 2012 (2:17 PM). Edited March 15th, 2012 by Nemisis.
                Soul Eater

um another question?if its ok?..... will the digimon reach mega form?? or just the 3rd form?

hmp this game makes me curious..
                  and also i made a banner for you but the problem is i dont know how to insert it here.. =(

My Supported Hacks:
                  Old March 15th, 2012 (5:36 PM). Edited March 15th, 2012 by Epitaph93.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
                    I really like the idea of the branching digivolution - great for the replay-ability factor and pretty unique among hacks.

The screens look good so far, although the mapping could maybe use some work, although I know you're focusing on the scripting/mechanics more at the moment.
                    Yeah the digivolutions will be the main focus. It adds more to the process of "catching them all" because you have to keep your eye on EVs almost all the time if you want a specific digivolution. Otherwise you can just enjoy the little bit of randomness that the casual players love.

The maps were really just so I could get a leg up on posting the hack in the first place, and to get a little bit of practice in before the real deal.

Quote:
                    um another question?if its ok?..... will the digimon reach mega form?? or just the 3rd form?

hmp this game makes me curious..
                    and also i made a banner for you but the problem is i dont know how to insert it here.. =(
                    All questions are welcome Most Digimon will reach Mega level. All the digidestined Digimon will (Agumon, Gabumon, Renamon, Veemon, gomamon, etc.) and A large majority of the rest will. Certain Digimon don't have known digivolutions, or only digivolve to a certain point (MarineAngemon which is a Mega that has no digivolution, All the Armor digivolutions as they only digivolve once, Calumon who is similar to MarineAngemon, so on and so forth.)

I'm glad you're interested. If you PM me the link to your banner I can post it in the OP and credit you.

Update: I'm finally making a Devimon sprite. I have the front and back finished. I'll have the side finished tonight, and maybe start on the movement frames. This is just a little sidetrack from the battle sprites, which I have been working on for a few hours today.
                    Old March 16th, 2012 (4:26 AM).
                    Soul Eater

oh thnx for the info

and oh.. cool your almost done with devimon which is one of my fave digimons ill be looking forward to see his sprite so i can give a feedback

keep improving

My Supported Hacks:
                      Old March 16th, 2012 (8:39 AM).

Oh man I've been waiting years for a hack like this. Quite the ambitious undertaking, good luck man.
                        Old March 16th, 2012 (8:49 AM).

Will we be given information about what types are supereffetctive / resistant to each other in this one? I hope so, I don't want to go in blind and have to do all guesswork! =P

Still, looks amazing, I hope you are getting some help though because if it's a one man job it could take years!
                          Old March 16th, 2012 (9:03 AM). Edited March 16th, 2012 by Epitaph93.

Quote:
                            oh thnx for the info

and oh.. cool your almost done with devimon which is one of my fave digimons ill be looking forward to see his sprite so i can give a feedback

keep improving
                            Yeah Devimon is kinda tricky since he's a large sprite, but I'm making progress.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Mynexus92 View Post
                            Oh man I've been waiting years for a hack like this. Quite the ambitious undertaking, good luck man.
                            I was surprised no one had done anything like this yet considering how intertwined pokemon and digimon fans are. Somebody had to do it eventually right? Lol

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
                            Will we be given information about what types are supereffetctive / resistant to each other in this one? I hope so, I don't want to go in blind and have to do all guesswork! =P

Still, looks amazing, I hope you are getting some help though because if it's a one man job it could take years!

Yes I'll release a .txt document with each release detailing such things. I'll also post the list of weaknesses/resistances whenever I figure them all out. I might try to get a team together soon, because the base stats and moves lists are going to take a lot time. I really want to release the Digivolution beta as soon as I can, but like you said I'm only one man and this is a large undertaking.
                            Old March 17th, 2012 (2:10 AM).
                            Soul Eater

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post
                              Yeah the digivolutions will be the main focus. It adds more to the process of "catching them all" because you have to keep your eye on EVs almost all the time if you want a specific digivolution. Otherwise you can just enjoy the little bit of randomness that the casual players love.

The maps were really just so I could get a leg up on posting the hack in the first place, and to get a little bit of practice in before the real deal.

All questions are welcome Most Digimon will reach Mega level. All the digidestined Digimon will (Agumon, Gabumon, Renamon, Veemon, gomamon, etc.) and A large majority of the rest will. Certain Digimon don't have known digivolutions, or only digivolve to a certain point (MarineAngemon which is a Mega that has no digivolution, All the Armor digivolutions as they only digivolve once, Calumon who is similar to MarineAngemon, so on and so forth.)

I'm glad you're interested. If you PM me the link to your banner I can post it in the OP and credit you.

Update: I'm finally making a Devimon sprite. I have the front and back finished. I'll have the side finished tonight, and maybe start on the movement frames. This is just a little sidetrack from the battle sprites, which I have been working on for a few hours today.
                              oh ok ill be looking forward for the sprite of devimon good luck

My Supported Hacks:
                              Old March 17th, 2012 (2:19 AM).

A digmon game out of a pokemon hack!? WOW! Really awsome! Keep up

Old March 21st, 2012 (4:11 PM).
                                Soul Eater

um hello hadn't heard from this game about a week now um are you kind of busy ?

hope that i can see improvements soon

My Supported Hacks:
                                  Old March 21st, 2012 (7:21 PM).

Quote:
                                    um hello hadn't heard from this game about a week now um are you kind of busy ?

hope that i can see improvements soon
                                    I've enlisted help from stocko, so he and I are spriting and scripting. We still have yet to get to the stat editing. I'm trying to add improvements to the DNA Digivolution script via ASM, while stocko has taken care of about ten sprites(I think). We are working on it, we just haven't had too much to post about. I could stop working on the DNA Digivolution script and begin the stat/moveset editing, but I'm very intrigued by the script so I want to see it through to the end.

Meanwhile please be patient. I'm sure a few of you are eager to see what's been accomplished so far, but we still have a long road ahead before a release. Hang in there
                                    Old March 22nd, 2012 (10:13 AM).
                                    Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
                                      Hey Eiptaph93 I just wanted to give you a link to a good website with a lot of moves. Insead of listing all of the moves out like I usually do, why dont you try the link out and pick out the moves you like.
                                      Here is the link
                                      http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Digimon_World_2/Attacks
                                      (I know that wiki is not a reliable source of information, but I think in this case it is by judging all of the moves)
                                      Old March 22nd, 2012 (10:52 AM).

I am very impressed by the potential of this hack. It sounds pretty amazing. I am currently producing my own hack I know first hand how stressful it can be. This is definitely going to be an amazing hack. If you need any help let me know, would love to help this hack stay as smooth as possible.
                                        Old March 22nd, 2012 (5:56 PM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by MrElephant View Post
                                          Hey Eiptaph93 I just wanted to give you a link to a good website with a lot of moves. Insead of listing all of the moves out like I usually do, why dont you try the link out and pick out the moves you like.
                                          Here is the link
                                          http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Digimon_World_2/Attacks
                                          (I know that wiki is not a reliable source of information, but I think in this case it is by judging all of the moves)
                                          Thanks MrElephant. I wasn't aware there was a strategy wiki for that game. It's actually one of my favorite games to play on psp. Contrary to what people might say, be it teachers or peers, wiki's are great places to pick up general information.

This, plus your previous posts, and WTW will probably be all the moves needed for the hack. Congratulations, you've sped up the hack lol. I'll sort them into a list tonight and post them in the OP.

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by mikeyh View Post
                                          I am very impressed by the potential of this hack. It sounds pretty amazing. I am currently producing my own hack I know first hand how stressful it can be. This is definitely going to be an amazing hack. If you need any help let me know, would love to help this hack stay as smooth as possible.
                                          Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm really giving it my all to make this as good as possible for everyone out there. Keep an eye on the project
                                          Old March 24th, 2012 (4:06 PM).

how can i download this game plzzzz help me..............!!!!! i want to play this game.....!!!!!!
                                            Old March 24th, 2012 (4:18 PM). Edited March 24th, 2012 by Epitaph93.

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by ali haider View Post
                                              how can i download this game plzzzz help me..............!!!!! i want to play this game.....!!!!!!
                                              There isn't a download because I haven't released it yet. If you read the full post, and any of the latest comments you would realize this.

Update: The planned moves list is as follows with more to come in the next couple of weeks. Some of these are a little redundant(claw attack, talon attack) so keep in mind that the names aren't final, just in the general vicinity of what they will be called. Some have already been changed, like cobwebs and peck, but most haven't.

Peck
                                              Spiral Twister
                                              Stun Bubble
                                              Electroshocker
                                              Horn buster
                                              Boom Bubble
                                              Heat top
                                              Harpoon torpedo
                                              Evil Whisper
                                              Demi Dart
                                              Flame bomber
                                              Horn Tusk
                                              Vulcans Hammer
                                              Fossil bite
                                              Ancient bite
                                              Horn Blaster
                                              Claw attack
                                              Pepper Breath
                                              Meteor wing
                                              Nova Blast
                                              Dark Shot
                                              Thunder blaster
                                              Carapace
                                              Rock Ball
                                              Rock Punch
                                              Poison Wing
                                              Scissor Claw
                                              Ninja Blade
                                              Shogun Sword
                                              Howling Blaster
                                              Slam Attack
                                              Blue blaster
                                              Horn Attack
                                              Garuru Kick
                                              Wolf Claw
                                              Talon Attack
                                              Super Shocker
                                              Evil wind
                                              Darkness Water
                                              Pulse blast
                                              Angel rod
                                              Fist of Fate
                                              Poison Ivy
                                              Needle Spray
                                              Mega Dash
                                              Twin Fang
                                              Tusk Crusher
                                              Metal Fireball
                                              Flame Chain
                                              Puncher
                                              Power drive
                                              Metallic Fur
                                              Bone Stick
                                              Crazy Crusher
                                              Rock Fist
                                              Marching Fishes
                                              Cobwebs
                                              Poison Thread
                                              Solar Ray
                                              Old March 25th, 2012 (3:40 AM).
                                              Soul Eater

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by Epitaph93 View Post

Update: The planned moves list is as follows with more to come in the next couple of weeks. Some of these are a little redundant(claw attack, talon attack) so keep in mind that the names aren't final, just in the general vicinity of what they will be called. Some have already been changed, like cobwebs and peck, but most haven't.

Peck
                                                Spiral Twister
                                                Stun Bubble
                                                Electroshocker
                                                Horn buster
                                                Boom Bubble
                                                Heat top
                                                Harpoon torpedo
                                                Evil Whisper
                                                Demi Dart
                                                Flame bomber
                                                Horn Tusk
                                                Vulcans Hammer
                                                Fossil bite
                                                Ancient bite
                                                Horn Blaster
                                                Claw attack
                                                Pepper Breath
                                                Meteor wing
                                                Nova Blast
                                                Dark Shot
                                                Thunder blaster
                                                Carapace
                                                Rock Ball
                                                Rock Punch
                                                Poison Wing
                                                Scissor Claw
                                                Ninja Blade
                                                Shogun Sword
                                                Howling Blaster
                                                Slam Attack
                                                Blue blaster
                                                Horn Attack
                                                Garuru Kick
                                                Wolf Claw
                                                Talon Attack
                                                Super Shocker
                                                Evil wind
                                                Darkness Water
                                                Pulse blast
                                                Angel rod
                                                Fist of Fate
                                                Poison Ivy
                                                Needle Spray
                                                Mega Dash
                                                Twin Fang
                                                Tusk Crusher
                                                Metal Fireball
                                                Flame Chain
                                                Puncher
                                                Power drive
                                                Metallic Fur
                                                Bone Stick
                                                Crazy Crusher
                                                Rock Fist
                                                Marching Fishes
                                                Cobwebs
                                                Poison Thread
                                                Solar Ray
                                                been out for a while and wow as i come back cool....... you've been working on moves.. nice the moves are cool and there names are awesome .... with just the name i think my favorite would be FIST OF FATE hehehehehe.. good luck Ephitaph93 and keep it up and nice job ..

My Supported Hacks:
                                                Old March 25th, 2012 (4:28 AM).
                                                Fam.. The SilverWing Fam.. The SilverWing is offline
                                                Last Exile

Nature: Modest
                                                  WOW..!!!!! a digimon hack so far so good i like it keep up the good work
                                                  Closed Thread
                                                  Quick Reply

Sponsored Links