• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Edit: Looked at the IC thread and realized I PROBABLY posted my App in the wrong place. If that's the case, would an admin mind moving it on over to the IC thread?

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Ethan Thervick

Nickname (Optional):

Age (10-15):13

Gender (Male or Female):Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm):Raikou

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish):
brandonsson.jpg

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Ethan is a self-confident and arrogant boy with a rather large over-opinion of his own abilities. Because of this, he can often become rather hot-headed upon losing or by sustaining an insult from another trainer. This often leads him to get violent rather quickly. Whether or not he uses a pokemon in this situation depends on whether or not his pokemon is still standing when this rage occurs. He can often-times seem like a temperamental child that can be set off at any moment. Though he has these serious flaws, if you have the ability to befriend him, he can often-times be friendly in a playful and usually taunting way.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): Ethan was born in the Johto Region in the small ocean-side town of Cianwood. When he was the age of 10, he was given a Cyndaquil by his father and set out on his journey to become a well-respected and powerful pokemon trainer. This journey was something that had allured him ever since he was a small boy. As he began working towards that goal, he quickly discovered that, put bluntly,.....He had no talent as a trainer. Inable to catch a single pokemon of his own, let alone correctly train the Cyndiquil he already had, he found himself on a serious losing streak. Upon leaving the small island where he resided, he soon arrived in the town of Olivine and challenged the Gym's leader. After losing against her as well, her downfall quickly became an obsession for him. After training his heart out, he finally managed to get his Cyndiquil to evolve into a Quilava. Even this, however, proved to be futile. After about 3 months of staying in Olivine, and challenging its gym almost every day since arriving, he had suffered defeat a hundred times over. Frustrated at his inability to beat even a single gym leader, Ethan finally gave up. Unsure of what to do next, he simply decided to take up permanent residence in Olivine, living with and working for an old couple in the town, far too embarassed at his own failures to return home. After about 2 weeks without being challenged by Ethan, Jasmine(The resident gym leader) quickly found him and told him about Professor Oak's prestigious trainer school, near Kanto. Jumping at the chance, Ethan quickly packed his things and hopped onto the first boat to the island. Upon arriving in Kanto, he took the academy's entrance exam the moment he was able, choosing to rush it rather than study, as was his nature. Just barely passing the written and practical exams, he was then admitted into the school as a member of the Raikou dorm.

Quilava, level 14: Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, and Smoke Screen.

(As my story stated, my character did horribly at training his pokemon, and hadn't caughten any others. This is why I only have one listed, and it only knows Three skills.)

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
"Naaaaaaail. Don't take his coat"

In other news, I haven't posted mainly because I couldn't think of a way to insert my character back into the story >_>; I'll wait a bit more and then post, once I can find a more cleaner way of introducing him again.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
"Hey guys! So what are you doing!?"

"What am I doing!?"

"Ruining my plans!?"

"Ruining your plans!?"

"Huh, are you!?"

"...yes."

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ok......Now that I've been accepted I'm at somewhat of a loss. At times I run a blank while trying to hop into an in-progress rp, but once I get going, things usually become easier for me as time progresses. After reading the roleplay Ettiquette page, I'm guessing that this is a cooperative roleplay which means you guys won't mind planning ahead TOO much. Anyone wanna set something up with me? I just find that this would probably be the easiest way for me to hop into the rp.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Pretty big talk for a bipedal slug!

And Pppggr, you can meet Quin on his way back to the pokemon Center. Just be hanging out there, and you'll meet his crazy butt.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Pretty big talk for a bipedal slug!

And Pppggr, you can meet Quin on his way back to the pokemon Center. Just be hanging out there, and you'll meet his crazy butt.
Sounds like a fair enough way to start out. I'll get typing.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I could use some help into being roped into the RP as well.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sure, that'll work. I'll just be on my way to the center then!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Guru sir, I have a question.

Ask away.

You've been around for so long. Just how old are you?

I am this many...

... You didn't raise your hand.

THAT'S HOW OLD I AAAAAAAAAAM!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Kat-:( Kat. Why did you have to go to the power plant already? I was really looking forward to Kilik & Kat going together. I'm hoping they look for N before they go though. I'm planning on Kilik looking for N to see how the little boy, Kiyoko, is doing. He doesn't know Kiyoko is a Zorua by the way. :( Are you moving on ahead without me?

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
I've only made two posts and I'm already having a blast. This topic brings up a great deal of flexibility....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back