• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Danger above

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
  • (yes, but to be fair they ARE friends, so it would be shocking)

Leftie looked at the gaping whole in Ranger's side.
    "Do you know where Melrose is?" he asked
    "Yea, she's with Anne". At that moment Anne landed down next to him

'fan bloody tastic' muttered Anne, 'I told him to never go that fast'. She hovcered and shot down in the direction of Mt. Freeze and spotted a crater quickly, she touched down and saw a Flygon missing a chunkof it's body. She gasped and whispered
    "w-what happened to him?". She couldn't bare to see anyone in this much pain...

Last edited:
    Years
  • "Midnight," Caitlin growled. She looked to Anne, a little shocked about Leftie's return and her appearance. "But if she is here..." she thought, "then where is Mel?"
    The instant she thought that, Melrose came trotting toward them. Midnight's and Moira's prison following her due to the spell she had casted. "Sweet Arceus, Ranger..." she groaned upon seeing him.
    "You arrested them?" Caitlin asked in het usual calm tone.
    Melrose saluted at her commander. "Yes," she said.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • Ranger gave an audible sigh of relief when Melrose entered the scene with Midnight and someone he presumed was his daughter behind the eevee.
    "Thank Arceus you're okay," he said and winced again as the paralysis spread to his chest, making it very hard to breath. He started gasping for air as if he were a fish out of water.

Years
  • Midnight came to. She cursed loudly at the sight of Ranger and Melrose gave him an exceptionally cruel look. He took aback right away, cringed and groaned a little.
    "You'd better heal him, prick," Melrose scolded. "Do it or I'll make you. Or maybe Leftie will make you do it." She pointed in the Snivy's direction, making Midnight tremble. "Patch the Flygon up, quickly. I'll let you out of the sphere to cure him, but don't try anything funny. I'm in the right mood to cut your head off your torso and I won't even care about it." Melrose made the sphere vanish.
    Midnight raced toward Ranger and put his left paw on the Flygon's chest, whispering a charm. An energy flowed inside the Flygon, giving him the capability to move again. "That wound is something I can't heal," Midnight claimed.
    "I'll take care of that," Melrose assured him.
    "Fine," Midnight stood still and Melrose locked him up again.

zapdos926

Years
  • (It's only day two and Leftie was somehow gone for several months, I really don't think they qualify as friends. Acquantances sure, but not really friends)

Ranger tensed his whole body when Midnight approached, but when the umbreon removed his paw, he could feel his whole body again. He gasped and refilled his lungs, before turning to Melrose, "Thank you," he whispered and lay down again. His side screamed at him in pain again, but there was nothing he could do about it, and as much as he liked and wanted to believe Melrose when she said she could fix his side, he knee she couldn't. Ranger would have explained the same thing he had to Caitlen, but there was no way he'd have enough energy to do it, especially not to make it hit home with Melrose, she was so stubborn.

Years
  • "Trust me," Melrose squatted down next to Ranger and gave him one of her comforting smiles. "Have faith in me. I can help you with that wound and will make sure that all that remains of it is a scar. Midnight and Moira were mortally injured when Leftie attacked, but how do they look at the moment?" she pointed at her two prisoners and laughed again. "You should've seen their faces when Leftie casted his spell, it was hilarious!" she snickered.

Caitlin approached Melrose and whispered something in her ear.
    Melrose widened her eyes in surprise and nodded. "I'm on it, Caitlin," she said, standing up straight again. Even on her back legs, the Bayleef was way larger than her. "But if you want me to... shouldn't I be heading back to Headquarters already?"
    Caitlin nodded. "Get the best docter you can find," she spoke.
    "I'll be off, then!" Melrose waved at the group and went to find a good doctor at the agency Headquarters.

zapdos926

Years
  • "Why is it that no one seems to be able to understand the difference between a cut or stab and missing a chunk of my body?" Ranger was getting frustrated at everyones lack of understanding, particularly Melroses. She was missing a part of her body too, so he would have expected her to understand the most that someones body can't just become a scar. "Well, thank you all for at least trying to help," he said. "You too, Midnight, even though you were forced."

Years
  • Caitlin groaned a little, disappointed of Ranger's distrust. She then gave a sudden growl. "Ranger, we're trying to save your life at the moment! I want you to believe in us and stop being so negative! It's obvious that our actions will not solve everything, but we can at least try! There's no point in giving up!" she yelled. "Melrose is currently getting the best doctors we know and he is going to help you out. I know a way to hide that missing chunk of body by transplanting particles of others." She backed away a little. "You're going to be fine, since your wings are relatively all right."

zapdos926

Years
  • Ranger was a bit taken aback by Caitlin's outburst. He hadn't said it angrily, at least he hadn't meant to, but it was still frustrating. The flygon couldn't blame her though, he was being pretty negative, but he at least thought it was hard to see the silver lining to his ordeal. If there was one it was that the stones were removed and he was going to live. He prayed to Arceus that Caitlin was right and this doctor could at least help the skin to grow back over it. There was no point in trying to get muscle back, there was so much missing.
    "Do you see the world in different colors? Do you see the world in black and gray? Alone in your thoughts, how many others, have stood where you stand? Where you stand today?" he sang quietly, leaning against Mortimer. A light snow was beginning to fall again, making him shiver.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Mortimer

Mortimer stared down the Umbreon as he healed Ranger from his illness. The camerupt puffed grey smoke from his nostrils as Midnight approached, sending the message that he would not hesitate to stomp the small pokemon if he tried to harm the Flygon. Mortimer would not like hurting someone so small, but Midnight has already caused enough trouble. Mortimer let his fierce expression fade when Midnight was returned to his prison.

Mortimer could not help but feel sympathetic to the young Flygon. He was so spry and full of energy, and now he's suffered a major injury and is stuck on land until he sees medical attention. Maybe Melroses's... secret organization can help Ranger, but for now he's stuck on solid ground with the rest of them. The air began getting chillier. The Flygon leaned against Mortimer to ward off the cold. Mortimer wanted to say something to comfort him, but Mortimer did not know what it would be like to be able to fly then suddenly stuck on land. All he could do was stand there and support the Flygon's weight, while struggling to say something to make Ranger feel better.

Lu-Lu

Lu-Lu walked up to Caitlin from where she was standing. Lu-Lu had a lot of questions about whom Caitlin and Melrose work for, but she was not sure if they would disclose that information freely. However, if they were going to help Ranger they needed to expose themselves, so Lu-Lu took it as an opportunity to question Caitlin.
    "This organization you speak of.." Lu-Lu asked, hushing her voice in case Caitlin doesn't want the others to hear, "Will they make us swear to secrecy? I understand the need to heal Ranger's wounds, but what are they going to do with us now that we know their secret?" Lu-Lu said afraid of the response she'll get. "I do not want to be held captive by your employers simply so that they may remain hidden."

Years
  • "Judging by what happened and how you two were able to defend yourselves, I think that you will have to stay at the agency indeed," Caitlin said with a little smirk. "But most definitely not as captives. Knowing Lucario, he will try to hire you as secret agents. One thing: if you refuse, or if Lucario doesn't ask you to become agents at all, there's one small procedure you will have to go through, to make sure that you don't talk. Let's say that they will wipe your memories of the past weeks clean." Caitlin explained. "Trust me, it's a good job. Pays well, nice colleagues, good doctors... There's one catch, though: being a secret agent is dangerous. You must be prepared for every single situation and if you're not, you'll pay a high price." Caitlin smiled for a second but then sighed a little. I wonder if Melrose will be back anytime soon...

Speaking of Melrose, she was just heading back, accompanied by an Ampharos. He was carrying a large bag, filled with helpful items. They were now approaching the foot of Mt. Freeze. "Hi there!" she yelled, shocking Caitlin.
    "Melrose!" the Bayleef shouted. "You're back already!"

zapdos926

Years
  • "Wait, wait, wait! If we refuse, they'll wipe our memories of the past few weeks?! This whole thing only started yesterday with the ghost, who I beat today! I think that's a bit overkill, plus, I feel I'm much too young to be getting involved in some secret organization," Ranger was both confused and scared; there was no way he was going to join, and he wasn't about to lose weeks worth of memory. He calmed down when he watched Melrise arrive with the doctor, an ampharos carrying a very official looking bag.
    "So, Doc, how bad is it from a professional stand point?" he unfolded his wing which he had used to cover the wound, showing the exposed muscle and bone running along the length of his side.

Years
  • "Yes, yes..." Caitlin sighed at Ranger's response. "We'll have no other choice but to keep you captive until you give in, then..." she groaned. She was quite scared for Ranger's reaction to this. She herself was once forced to go along with the agency as well, but she doesn't regret anything about that. Later, she even became a commander. She just thought about that when the Ampharos started examining Ranger. "Hi Ashuro," she greeted, "good to see you again."
    The Ampharos, apparantly named Ashuro, looked at Caitlin for a second and smiled. "Well hello, Caitlin. Everybody at the agency was worried about you two. I was glad when Melrose came in, unharmed."
    "Unharmed?" Melrose narrowed her eyes and showed a wound or two.
    "Relatively, yes," Ashuro nodded in confirmation. He tended to Ranger. "I assume that you are Ranger?" he asked. Without waiting for an answer, he started taking a good look at his injuries. "I'm afraid that I don't have enough blood to operate. Ranger has lost too much already and if we start an operation right now, he will come to die. He has quite a rare blood group."
    "Oh my..." Melrose groaned.
    "Agent Thunder, you share Ranger's blood group," Ashuro stated. "Are you willing to donate some of your own blood?"
    Melrose gulped at this. "How do you know about that all?"
    "You might not know this, but at the agency, we have the medical reports of all the pokémon in Pokémon Square and surroundings," Ashuro explained. "Also," he continued, "you, the Medicham." He pointed at Lu-Lu. "Since Ranger and you are both muscular pokémon, it might be necessary to transplant some of your skin. Are you willing to help?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu

Lu-Lu suspected that Ranger would likely need a skin transplant, but she was still slightly surprised to have the recently met 'Ashuro' ask her to be the one who would need to get the transplant done.
    "I will do whatever is required to aid Ranger in his recovery." Lu-Lu said without giving it a second thought. However, she kept a close eye on the doctor. It was more then likely simple paranoia in her part, but Lu-Lu wanted to see if this organization was really about. The Medicham did not know if Caitlin and Melrose were representative of their employers.

Lu-Lu walked over to Ashuro and knelt on her knee. She inspected Ranger as well.
    " I am known as Lu-Lu. Inform me if you require my assistance anywhere else. I am not as qualified at healing as you are, but I have some experience patching up wounded pokemon in the battlefield."

Mortimer

Mortimer looked at Ashuro with curiousity. The Camerupt wasn't from the area; it made him wonder if his medical profile would be in their data base. Mortimer decided to hold his questions, as he didn't want to distract the doctor at work. Mortimer wished that he could donate his blood in Melroses' stead; he was a much larger pokemon, and he had more blood to spare then someone Melrose's size would. Mortimer would also offer to donate his skin, but the sight of Ranger with a patch of red fur on his side would look really... odd.

"Nice to meet you Ashuro. The name's Mortimer." Mortimer said with a smile on his face. Any friend of Melrose's or Caitlin's was a friend of his. Mortimer didn't know what he could do to help the Ampharos except give Ranger something to lean on, so Mortimer did just that.

zapdos926

Years
  • "Wait wait wait!" Ranger shook his head. "Skin grows back, right? I realize that my entire side is missing, but I don't want anyone else here to get hurt, and I highly doubt a skin transplant is exactly soothing to the person donating," the red flygon sat up a bit straighter against Mortimer, letting more of his heat pass through his body as another cold gust blew through. "I understand my need for blood, sorry I can't stick up for you there Melrose," he gave the black eevee a pained smile, "But even if it takes a while, my skin will grow back. I'd much rather just be wrapped up like a mummy than need Lu-Lu to need her skin removed. Besides that, you'd have to move skin from her entire leg to do that, maybe more."

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu

"I understand your concern and appreciate it Ranger," Lu-Lu said, "But I believe if will be easier on you if we can go through with the transplant. You have already been through a lot; you've skinned your side in the protection of others. The very least I can do is go through with this and alleviate the pain on you. Of this, I am certain." She nodded her head in Ranger direction. "Don't worry about me; this form of endurance was a big part of the training I had to go through. Begin when ready, doctor."

zapdos926

Years
  • "No. Just no," Ranger said to Lu-Lu, frowning. "I am not going to let you lose all the skin on your leg when I can just as easily be bandaged up." he said and managed to wrap his tail around her waist and pulled the medicham closer to him on his intact side and away from the ampharos.

Years
  • Ashuro groaned. "This puts me in a difficult spot," he said. "You both have to go along with the surgery. Ranger, do you even realize that this transplant is urgent? If it was just as easy and effective to bandage you, I would've done that already. But it isn't just that easy, and that's why we have to transplant Lu-Lu's skin. Lu-Lu, you can still choose. Think it over carefully while I take Melrose's blood. Melrose, go sit down so that I can take a pint of blood. And remember, if you feel like you're going to faint, tell me immediately so that I have time to abort the procedure."
    Melrose made a little groan. "Okay then," she gulped. She sat down and Ashuro stung a sharp needle in her right arm immediately. It was connected to a little sack, designed to hold the blood.
    "Regardless of the fact that we might not operate now, Ranger needs blood for survival," Ashuro explained.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu

Lu-Lu pulled herself out of the grip of Ranger's powerful tail.
    "Ranger, we all have to sacrifice something for the greater good. You have already injured yourself in protection of others; it's now my turn to give something back." Lu-Lu thought this as she remembered the trouble she caused while Despair had control of her body; it was going to take a lot more then a skin transplant on her part to make up for that mistake.
    "If it troubles you to accept the transplant, just think of the others you will be able to protect if we can speed up the healing process. My discomfort is not a factor in the equation."

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • To say that Leftie was stunned was an understatement. Melrose disappeared, reappeared with an Ampharos that was now removing an eighth of Melrose's blood and wanted some of Lu-Lu's skin. After what he had been through, the quantum physics of which he had finally worked out, he felt rather neglected. He attempted to make conversation with Anne.
    "Hey, Anne, I was wander-"
    "Not now"
    "Bu-"
    "NO" she said in the curt manor which effectively shut Leftie up for the next 10 mins or so.

Back