• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Walmart Already Selling BW2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    This is pretty much in heavy rumor mode, but I've heard select Walmarts are already selling Black 2 and White 2. It's pretty much confirmed on Pokebeach, can anyone else conform it?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    None of mine are, nor can they. They get the same pre-programmed message that all stores get.

"Merchandise cannot be sold until xx/xx/xxxx."

If a store is selling it prematurely, they are breaking the law and company policies. Which would result in Nintendo removing all of their hardware and software from their shelves. Walmart would never allow a hit like that to happen. Way too bad for business.

After reading the thread on Pokebeach I know exactly what happened.

October 1st, some clerk put the games out. October 2nd, Cruelbear went in and saw it, tried to buy it and the clerk got the warning about selling, then overrode the sale. Cruelbear posted his Reciet and it said NDS Game, which never appears on anything not under Walmart's Junk skin. So the Clerk bypassed the sales flag (which is illegal) and sold the game. No stores are currently selling the games as one other member called the same Walmart that Cruelbear bought his copy at and they said that the game wasn't for sale until this Sunday.

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • None of mine are, nor can they. They get the same pre-programmed message that all stores get.

"Merchandise cannot be sold until xx/xx/xxxx."

If a store is selling it prematurely, they are breaking the law and company policies. Which would result in Nintendo removing all of their hardware and software from their shelves. Walmart would never allow a hit like that to happen. Way too bad for business.
    If one store was doing it, they would be fined (I wanna say the fine is well over $1000 maybe even a few thousand per instance). If one store continually kept breaking street date then they may take their games/hardware out of that store...even then that action wouldn't be taken unless they had to. Walmart is probably the biggest games retailer in the United States, so I doubt that would ever happen to the entire chain of stores.

As far as some store selling it early...I don't doubt it. You see this a lot with high profile games/electronics.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If one store was doing it, they would be fined (I wanna say the fine is well over $1000 maybe even a few thousand per instance). If one store continually kept breaking street date then they may take their games/hardware out of that store...even then that action wouldn't be taken unless they had to. Walmart is probably the biggest games retailer in the United States, so I doubt that would ever happen to the entire chain of stores.

As far as some store selling it early...I don't doubt it. You see this a lot with high profile games/electronics.

The three that surround the store I work in has had the merchandise removed from the shelved twice already. Once for the duration of a day, the second time for an entire week. Both because of instances like this. The Week long one was because they dropped the price of the 3DS a week early so Walmart lost a week's worth of sales while the games and systems were redistributed to other stores. Its a reoccuring thing with Walmart.

Also Walmart's electronic sales locally are below that than my Toys R Us and we don't sell half of what they do. Course three of them are right buy a Toys R Us, Best Buy, three Game stops, two Targets, and a three small specialty game stores, all of which have lower prices on various items within their electronic section.

I even corrected one of them on prices for their games because they were selling like seven or eight for full price when all of them were dropped to clearance everywhere else. They said they couldn't do anything about it. XD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I know GameStop employees get games early too (which totally sucks but I guess most jobs have some kind of perk) but it's not completely unknown for games to be released early.

It seemed pretty easy to believe for me, TheKeybladeLord got a copy of LBP for his Vita like a week before release date :o

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Gamestop just pull theirs out of the storage and pay for them when the release hits. Some stores even do the borrow thing so that the associates can be on top of the games they sale. One of them by me does both. Course that store gets into so much trouble and is close to closing that I don't think they care anymore.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Stores are selling it early, but its random. Store in your area might be, might not be.

The dumpers are having a lot of fun trying to dump this game though.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Stores are selling it early, but its random. Store in your area might be, might not be.

The dumpers are having a lot of fun trying to dump this game though.

That's just it, no store can sell them early. If they are, they are breaking the law. None of the systems allow you to sell them normally so you can't return them either cause the receipts won't recognize the game.

Street dated material cannot be sold before the date. There are no exceptions to that outside of the main company doing it out of pocket. Which means that someone from Nintendo has to go around with games in their vehicle and sell them by hand with no computers which I don't believe they do.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • That's just it, no store can sell them early. If they are, they are breaking the law. None of the systems allow you to sell them normally so you can't return them either cause the receipts won't recognize the game.

Street dated material cannot be sold before the date. There are no exceptions to that outside of the main company doing it out of pocket. Which means that someone from Nintendo has to go around with games in their vehicle and sell them by hand with no computers which I don't believe they do.

I pre-ordered my copy so i guess I cant get it early huh? XD. Its ok sunday is only 3 days away :)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • That's just it, no store can sell them early. If they are, they are breaking the law. None of the systems allow you to sell them normally so you can't return them either cause the receipts won't recognize the game.

Being illegal doesn't stop it.

They are still being sold, and it's not by Ninty. The stores do have the game already, just not on shelves, and while the scanners won't recgonize the game all the clerk has to do is override it, and input the price manually.

Anyway, I'll just leave this here. :)
    yke1349410210s.jpg

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I know GameStop employees get games early too (which totally sucks but I guess most jobs have some kind of perk) but it's not completely unknown for games to be released early.

It seemed pretty easy to believe for me, TheKeybladeLord got a copy of LBP for his Vita like a week before release date :o
    Whoever you're getting that information from is feeding you lies. Granted, I'm sure some employees find a way to get them early since they stock them early, but typically GameStop employees get the games the same time as everyone else if they aren't working when it comes out. If they are working, they get them after everyone else when their shift ends or during a break of whenever they can.

Years
  • It actually is true, but if they do sell you a copy early, they're breaking the law.
    From what I heard, it has to be a really ghetto Walmart or Target, and you apparently have to pay them extra. But yeah, it's pretty dang illegal.

Years
  • As information I got, they won't sell BW2 and just keep them in storage. Like we have confirmed before from Official site, BW2 will ready selling out on 7 Oktober. Ohh wait, 3 days later BW2 will released. Urrrmm.. probably only certain peoples can bought them early.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I made a thread about this on another forum, I don't live in the US so I can't confirm it, but someone replied with this;

"Yup. Checked at the Walmart I used to work at, they've already started selling them. On their system it said to put them out on the shelves earlier yesterday.
    Can't pick up a copy anytime soon though, I'm broke."

He lives in West Virginia.

Not that related but it kinda is so imma post it anyway.
    But I managed to get Ocarina of Time 3DS about a week and a half before official release in Australia. Something like stores imported it from Europe or something, and you could only get the game early if you had pre ordered it, and even then. You had to go up and directly ask them for it as they couldn't sell it to them. Or something like that.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I talked with a district supervisor today and she called her corporate to ask them. According to them, no, none should be sold yet and they are going to start investigating the claims.

So thier head honchoes say that they aren't supposed to. Gunna lock this thread now since the games will be out in about 40ish hours.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back