• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has 'Bigfoot' been found?

Years
Source + Video

s-FINDING-BABY-BIGFOOT-121021-large.jpg

The "Finding Bigfoot" team headed to upstate New York to look into the famous footage from 1997 of an alleged "baby bigfoot." The footage showed what was described as "either a case of a pet ape or a Sasquatch."

The team explained, though, that chimpanzee expert Jane Goodall looked at the footage and was certain that the creature seen in it was not a chimp. So they ventured into the woods and tried to lure the creature -- or one of its brethren -- by whistling.

They heard a knock in response, which James explained is a Sasquatch communication technique. "They'll do knocks to keep track of each other where they are, alert to danger, alert to other ones in the area," he said.

It was enough to convince the team that there were Sasquatches in the area, but viewers of the show seemed less certain. Matt Braiman tweeted, "Fifth season of Finding Bigfoot? If you haven't found him yet he's probably not there."

Given that it was 'found' by the team looking for a bigfoot, how much validity do you put in the images and the video? Do you believe in a 'bigfoot' or a similar undiscovered primate?

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Bigfoot does not exist. I do not even have to read that article nor do I want to. If Bigfoot really existed it would have been found long ago.

Years
In my mind, Bigfoot is more or less entrenched as a "myth", at least until conclusive evidence is found. A nice folktale creature, good for stories, but nothing real.

Even giving it the benefit of the doubt (since I know new species around the world are being discovered even now), I find it hard to believe any "evidence" of Bigfoot, especially when plenty of it has been revealed to just be a hoax. Because of that, I'm skeptical of any new evidence even now, even from a video.

Actually, the fact it is from a TV show gives me the most pause; how do I know they didn't just stage something for views? Especially in this age when it's not hard to digitally alter film.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I'm honestly disappointed that no one has posted in contrast to the current arguement. :/

Look at it from a scientific point of view...

Is there a proper food source?
Yes,most reports are either in,or near a forest,meaning that there is substantial vegetation and/or prey

Is there a proper habitat?
Yeah,yeah,I know,animals adapt,i'm including this since some argue that there is not.
With humans constantly spreading out and flattening forests it's a very controversial subject,as to whether or not there is enough room for something so large to still have a proper habitat I am doubtful to be honest,but the "sightings" are indeed becoming more frequent.

Is it possible for such a large beast to remain conceiled in todays world?
Scientists have admitted before that there are thousands of species being discovered every day,despite how it may seem at times very little of Earth has been explored. (even less if you count the ocean,floor and all.)

Please note: I'm not saying that it's real or fake,but merely providing a different way of looking at it...however....

"The world is filled with impossibilities,but when you open your mind to them you'll find that there truly are none,only increasingly difficult enigmas."

I'm not saying anything about the picture,as I often find it hard to believe "proof" from certain shows.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Or even if this is the real deal for once, it's pretty hard to believe in it considering how Bigfoot is "found" once every few years... and all the previous times it has been a hoax. It'll be like the real life version of the boy who cried wolf.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Bigfoot never struck me as an east coast thing.

There was clearly something in the tree in that footage. I'm betting a released pet ape of some sort

Years
What makes the Bigfoot legend so interesting to me is that the indigenous Native American tribes from the pacific northwest have had legends about it for centuries before the United States even existed.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
What makes the Bigfoot legend so interesting to me is that the indigenous Native American tribes from the pacific northwest have had legends about it for centuries before the United States even existed.
Doesn't make it any less bogus and any less of a legend and nothing else. If it had existed it would have been found. If it is extinct I'd think we'd have found evidence of it, no? All these years of people doing "Bigfoot Searches" and nothing came up.

You've gotta wonder what goes through these people's heads. I wonder if they still believe the tooth fairy exists.

Years
Doesn't make it any less bogus and any less of a legend and nothing else. If it had existed it would have been found. If it is extinct I'd think we'd have found evidence of it, no? All these years of people doing "Bigfoot Searches" and nothing came up.

You've gotta wonder what goes through these people's heads. I wonder if they still believe the tooth fairy exists.

Yes, because dozens of different tribes, separated by hundreds of miles of mountain ranges and some of America's toughest terrain, all simultaneously & independently developed the same legend at the same time, thousands of years ago.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Yes, because dozens of different tribes, separated by hundreds of miles of mountain ranges and some of America's toughest terrain, all simultaneously & independently developed the same legend at the same time, thousands of years ago.
Well, I haven't read much into the Bigfoot Legend because as far as I know it's a hoax.

Regardless of all of this; even if Bigfoot had existed in the past, it doesn't exist anymore. If decades and decades have been spent looking and all sightings have been proven to be hoaxes and no actual Bigfoot has been found, I highly doubt this one is any different.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Well, I haven't read much into the Bigfoot Legend because as far as I know it's a hoax.

Regardless of all of this; even if Bigfoot had existed in the past, it doesn't exist anymore. If decades and decades have been spent looking and all sightings have been proven to be hoaxes and no actual Bigfoot has been found, I highly doubt this one is any different.
Yet you cant prove that it doesnt exist.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Yet you cant prove that it doesnt exist.
I think that us not having found it after all these years is proof enough. Thus far there have been nothing but hoaxes. You can't necessarily prove either side but it's far more plausible to assume Bigfoot does not exist.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Let's put it this way: assuming that it's a *PHYSICAL* being like any regular animal, ya we should've found it by then. I personally don't like those "if there's no concrete physical evidence..." approach as it's assuming that science finds everything and I'm personally not a big fan of logical positivism.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Let's put it this way: assuming that it's a *PHYSICAL* being like any regular animal, ya we should've found it by then. I personally don't like those "if there's no concrete physical evidence..." approach as it's assuming that science finds everything and I'm personally not a big fan of logical positivism.

I'm not saying that science finds everything so it should have been found, but so many people have been looking for it and nobody has been able to get concrete evidence of its existence. How can something as big as Bigfoot elude for so long in the first place?

It doesn't exist, or at least not anymore.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Again making random assumptions on my part, but let's say it's really not something physical. Then there's sightings of it ever, but you really can't "prove" it cause our idea of concrete prove is generally empirical. So maybe it does exist and appears to whoever, but we just got no way to prove it.

I don't believe in it myself though XD Just playing devil's advocate. I don't advocate for spending resources to find it or something, but hey never know if we're making contact with crazy rift walkers and plane travelers, and we don't even know it :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Actually, the fact it is from a TV show gives me the most pause; how do I know they didn't just stage something for views? Especially in this age when it's not hard to digitally alter film.

Basically this. In today's day and age, and the technology we have today, it's too easy to digitally alter film/photos etc. For that reason, I've never been one to believe such evidence. I have never believed in Big Foot, and I suppose that viewpoint still stands for me.

Back