• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nintendo Pokemon Rom Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I actually like the original one of the scripting style in NPRE, though I was actually thinking... why not we have a mix of them? Like this for instance:

Code:
=== Script 3 ===

Offset: 68 Fanfare( MUSIC_ID 1500)
Offset: 72 LockAll()
Offset: 74 FacePlayer()
Offset: 76 StoreFlag 165
Offset: 80 If EQUAL Function 0 (98 )
Offset: 87 Message2( MESSAGE_ID 4 = Già, quindi il Capopalestra è tornato/ne l'ho sfidato./r... Ci ha polverizzato. Ora devo/nrimettere in sesto tutta la squadra.../0 )
Offset: 90 WaitButton()
Offset: 92 CloseMessageKeyPress()
Offset: 94 ReleaseAll()
Offset: 96 End()

=== Function0===

Offset: 98 Message2( MESSAGE_ID 3 = Sembra che il Capopalestra Fannie/nnon sia da queste parti./rEh! Avrà saputo che bazzico nei/ndintorni e se la sarà data a gambe!/0 )
Offset: 101 WaitButton()
Offset: 103 CloseMessageKeyPress()
Offset: 105 ReleaseAll()
Offset: 107 End()

Oh wait! An even better idea! How about we can have the option to change the script style layout? So we can then change between the different views. 'Cause some people would surely like to see the offsets for the scripts and where they are and all that. And there are some people that'd like a programming style environment. ^^

And hey, I was also thinking... do you know where the scripting NARC is in Black/White/Black 2/White 2? 'Cause I'm a little clueless in where it is. xD

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Bw2 scripts are in a 0 5 6.
About the double view I think is a good idea, I need to work on it when I have time (very little)...

Platinum Lucario

Years
In some of the scripts in Black 2/White 2, such as script 1 and 3... it will come up with an error like this:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt16()
   at PG4Map.Formats.Scripts.readScriptsOffset(BinaryReader reader, List`1 scriptList, List`1 scriptOffList)
   at PG4Map.Formats.Scripts.loadScript(Stream actualNode)
   at PG4Map.Formats.Scripts.listScript_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Pokémon DS Map Viewer
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///I:/Emulation/ROM%20Hacking/Nintendo%20Systems/Handheld/Nintendo%20DS/Tools/Nintendo%20Pok%E9mon%20ROM%20Editor/Beta4.1/NPRE%204.1.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

And there is something that I would like to suggest. Using MKDS Course Modifier's NSBMD viewer on the editor would be a better idea, 'cause it shows the textures correctly and their transparency as well as showing all of the camera rather than the side of it, so you can see the models much more aligned, where as in PG4Map... the camera viewing angle is only showing part of it, not all of it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
Oh wait! An even better idea! How about we can have the option to change the script style layout? So we can then change between the different views. 'Cause some people would surely like to see the offsets for the scripts and where they are and all that. And there are some people that'd like a programming style environment. ^^
That's what I was getting at but no one likes to listen to a guy that can't even type :D

Platinum Lucario

Years
I was thinking... it would be excellent if NPRE was open source, then things could be improved and we could all help fix any bugs in the program. 'Cause after all... if one person doesn't have much time working on a tool... then there's not much of a choice. lol

There's either:
  1. Work on it yourself and we all wait a year or two for next version.
  2. Make it open source so that it can speed up development of the tool and fix any bugs in the program.
  3. Focus more on developing NPRE than important stuff (not recommended).

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2020
Thanks Pichu! You have done a huge contribution to the community :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
That was wonderful idea, Pichu!
I'm sure that this will really allow this program to move forward, because it shows a lot of promise.

Platinum Lucario

Years
After a lot time of thinking on it, I decide to make NPRE open source.
You can reach it at:
http://code.google.com/p/nintendo-pokemon-rom-editor/source/browse/

I hope this can improve the developing of the program, becuase I'll very busy this year.
I know, some parts of the code are very strange, and they need revision, but we can do it, together.

Stay tuned!

Yay! Thank you so much! ^^

This should speed up the development of NPRE and be able to fix any bugs in the program. And indeed this will improve the developing of the program, anyone will be able to contribute to the program. :)

Kaphotics

♥ Quick Claw Guillotine ♥
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2018
While procrastinating for studying finals, I made updates to the BW2 script parsing.

BW's commands got overwritten so just select BW when loading a BW2 script narc. I added ~500+ commands to the code and it currently does pretty well at interpreting most scripts.

dl.dropbox.com/u/12206225/NPRE-1226.zip

I included the source I compiled from if one wants to make further edits/compare.

edit 12/25/12: updated again with even more commands. still identifying each function & documenting each parameter
edit 12/26/12: up to 603 individual commands added

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I will like to improve this tool and integrate the DSMGE's interface into it (or equivalent).
Now that Spiky is the best editor, i think it's time to have a simplified manual texture editor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back