• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultima Cup IC (T)

Years
Okay guys let the game begin! Please direct any queries, disputes or sign-ups to the OC.

The Story
Spoiler:

Your Character
Spoiler:

The Ultima Cup
Spoiler:

Locations
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form
Spoiler:

Current Players
Spoiler:

If you have any queries please post them here or send me a PM/VM

7 Spots Total
2 Spots Available
0 Reserved
5 Taken

Last edited:
Years
Tobias rested against a rock on the rim of the Battle Zone with, despite his situation, a mellow grin on his face. His reasons for being at the Ultima Cup may not have been the most pleasant but he was, in a way, glad he was there after all; he had wanted to travel to other regions and he was now in Sinnoh, a place he had never been. Despite his state of contentment he was also shocked at how ferocious the competition already was, he had only arrived not long ago and had already been forced to battle twice. He was just thankful he had won both times, not as thankful for the fact he was going to have to change up his team within a day or two if battles kept up at this rate. He had, for the time being anyway, decided to push doubts from his mind; it was only about the middle of the day, the weather was good and so far he hadn't lost any of his survival points.

Deciding that he had been resting long enough; Tobias roused himself from his resting place and started to head north towards the Survival Zone. Most trainers would be heading towards the Resort Area, and whilst he wasn't avoiding battles, Tobias wasn't a fan of large crowds and chose to avoid them if he could, he even lived alone in a small "secret base" on a route that few visited. Grinning, Tobias released his arcanine, a pokemon he had caught whilst visiting his Mother and Sister in Kanto whilst it was still a growlithe, to keep him company on the long walk.

Serin

Noob
Years
"Hey old man!" A young voice called from behind him. Drayden's aged eyes closed tiredly and he slowly turned to face the boy. He was short and skinny, sporting shorts and a t-shirt. In his small hand was the threatening Poke'ball and out came a Golem. "Let's battle!" The eager boy shouted. "You should be an easy victory." "Golem-Gol!"

Ah, the young and foolish. Drayden would have wished to spare the boy humiliation, but he had to battle, as those were the rules of the Ultima Cup. "Very well. Then I choose..." His old voice crackled as he reached for a wooden Poke'ball and unscrewed the top to release his first Pokemon. "Drake." The large dragon stood firmly, observing his opponent. His horn stood boldly atop his head between two long, feathery tentacles. His aged muscles bulged with power and his wings rested dormant close to his body. His gray eyes pierced the young Golem and his premature trainer, instilling a distinct fear in the two.

"Shall you go first then my boy?" Drayden kept his eyes on the young challenger, focusing on his decreasing morality. After a moment of staring at Drake the Dragonite, the young boy shook his head, took a firm stance and shouted to the first command to his Golem, "Golem, use Rollout!"

"Goooleeem!" The Golem curled into a ball and spun towards Dragonite at high speeds.

Without a word from his trainer, Drake jumped high into the air, spread his wings which grew three times its normal size. The sky was blacked by the enormous Dragonite; his powerful wings blocked the sun and the beast appeared as just a silhouette in the sky, its shadow covering the battlefield.

"And now...Witness Dragon Rush." Drake tucked in his wings and dove towards the stalled Golem at mach speed. A powerful red energy formed an aura around the diving Pokemon in the form of a large mythical beast. The Dragonite came crashing into the Golem's hard body. An explosion of smoke covered the battle area. As it cleared, the Dragonite's figure stood over the fainted Golem.

The boy stood in awe, admiring the powerful dragon type. "That is...amazing." Drayden nodded, "So who do you choose next?" And the boy reached for another Poke'ball, this time sending out a Nidoking. "Niiidoooooo!" The purple Pokemon screeched.

Dragonite takes down the next 4 Pokemon.

"This is...impossible!" The boy now wanted to give up. Drayden felt sorry for the boy; he felt that the young trainer wasn't ready to take on the Ultima Cup. "Going into a battle expecting to win leads to mental defeat. You must learn to tackle the task with the mindset to do your best; you will then be more willing to accept defeat...As long as you know you tried your hardest." The boy listened to Drayden's words closely. "And you will be more prepared the next time, making you a better trainer overall...What's your last Pokemon?"

The boy sent out an Infernape, the fire on its fur burning almost as bright as the passion in its eyes. Ah, now this will be a challenge...His starter Pokemon I assume. "Infernape, use Mach Punch!" The fire Pokemon moved with incredible speed, dodging the Dragonite's eyes. "Draa?" Drake couldn't keep up.

"Fly up Drake!" Drayden called, but it was too late, the Infernape appeared in front of Drake in a flash and released a flurry of punches into the Dragonite's stomach. Drake was able to take the punches as his hardened muscles barely felt a thing.

"Keep at it Infernape! Now continue the combo with Close Combat!" The attacks were now much more powerful, the Infernape focusing its energy into every punch and kick, hitting Dragonite's vital spots. Drayden knew this was it; Drake couldn't recover or get enough distance to counter or dodge..

Infernape hit the worn out Dragonite with a final uppercut, sending it into the air. "Jump up and spike him down!" The Infernape leaped into the air above the Dragonite and hit it down with a powerful down spike, sending it crashing into the ground. "Finish it with Flare Blitz!" And the Pokemon spun into a powerful cylinder of fire, charging into the Dragonite as it hit the ground. Drake was knocked out, and Infernape still had a lot of fight left in it.

"You have done well training your Infernape, boy." Drayden returned Drake to his Poke'ball and reached for a white colored Poke'ball made from a white apricorn, opening it in the same fashion as he did for Drake. "I choose you, Lucy." Out came the Gallade taking a fighting stance. "Ga!"

Infernape and Gallade circled each other, their eyes locked on the other creating a fierce competitiveness. "Mach Punch!" The boy started his combo again and the Infernape seemed to vanish with incredible speeds. "Double Team Lucy!" Drayden called, and illusions of the Gallade stopped the confused Infernape in its tracks.

"Relax Infernape, use Calm Mind!" The boy called. "Iiiiin!" The Infernape focused and the illusions disappeared. "Now move in close and use Close Combat!"

"Use Close Combat too Lucy!" Drayden responded.

Infernape charged into the fray with Lucy, throwing punches and dodging the deadly blades on the Gallade's arms. Lucy slashed furiously with remarkable skill and precision, almost dancing around Infernape, dodging the kicks and punches from the fighting ape.

"Throw in a Mach Punch Infernape!" The boy called. In the middle of Close Combat, the Infernape threw nearly invisible jabs at the Gallade, hitting it several times and slowing down his momentum, allowing for the more powerful, focused punches and kicks of Close Combat to hit, greatly damaging Lucy.

"Get out of there Lucy!" Drayden called, realizing the exceptional training put into this Infernape. "Collect yourself, focus on where his attacks are going to be and hit'em with Psycho Cut."

Lucy jumped back, giving itself distance from the Infernape. Naturally, the Infernape moved forward, throwing more punches. The Gallade gracefully dodged the attacks as the blades on its arms began to glow a bright purple. Infernape reached in for a punch, extending his arm. Lucy ducked, swung its right blade, hitting Infernape's stomach, followed the momentum into a spin, this time swinging his left blade and going into another spin, this time preparing for a jump. The Gallade pushed off the ground, slashing the Infernape upwards and as they both dropped, slashed downwards, slamming the Infernape into the ground.

"And its finished..." Drayden said calmly as Lucy stood over the fainted Infernape. "Return Lucy." He called back the Gallade.

"Aww man, that was my last point!" The boy seemed to cry. "I can't believe I am out this early!" Drayden turned and walked away. Spectators had gathered around the battle and were watching in awe and fear. They cleared a path for Drayden as he passed and stared at the elder trainer. Whispers floated around and left Drayden with a positive feeling about the upcoming challenges. I think I should head to the Survival Area for a while...Give Drake some time to rest. And he made his way towards the nearly solitary area.

[OOC: Don't worry. This is just one battle against an inexperienced trainer. The other trainers in the Ultima Cup will be much more experienced and give Drayden a run for his money...If he had any.]

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
The steady thump of Joker's two feet pounding against the soft leaves of the forest was a familiar sound and rhythm in the new, hostile land. The short, but sturdy, tan boy astride the dodrio had no saddle or reigns but but seemed to have little issue riding and directing the large three-headed pokemon. Joker's long legs vaulted rocks and logs and balanced on unstable terrain with no issue, and the forest flew beneath his feet with incredible speed.

Jack wasn't looking for trainers, and actually blew past one before they had chance to challenge him at all. He had fought one trainer already and managed to win, and wasn't in any rush to get a second win under his belt. Most of the trainers currently seemed to be hanging around the battle zone and staying out of the survival zone anyways, which was fine with Jack. He was currently dealing with the uncomfortable realization that most of the people here had, well, a full team of six pokemon. He had never had need for a full team; after all, there were only five categories of contests to participate in, but it seemed to have been a common criticism of him in the qualifying rounds, and one of the other trainers had laughed at his "type coverage."

Despite supposedly being rich with good pokemon to catch, Jack so far hadn't seen much of interest in the survival area yet. Joker skidded to the stop, Jack putting his hands on his hips as he scanned the area. "Well goodness, there seems t' be a sore lack o' pokemon round here... maybe we should get t' higher ground an' see if we can see anything up there eh boy?" Jack said to Joker. The bird craned his center head back, one eye squinted shut and glinting angrily as he snapped his beak at Jack. "Oh hush your bellyachin' and stop foolin' around Joker..." Jack said with a good-natured snort, letting the bird clip harmlessly at his wavy bangs once or twice before pushing his beak away. He knew there was a steep outcropping of rocks up near one of the borders to the survival zone. He turned Joker towards it, and set the bird off again.

He was once again speeding through the zone when Joker lept up a large boulder, vaulting off the top without a moment's pause. In that moment of weightlessness Jack looked down and in a split second realized that he hadn't seen that there was a person just beyond the rock: an old grizzled trainer walking alone, and they were going to land right on top of him.

"Joker fly!" Jack said, giving the bird and instant signal with his heels. Faster than the blink of an eye, the dodrio's wings snapped out. The movement went from fall to a expertly controlled swoop. There hadn't been much distance between the realization and the ground at all, but somehow the dodrio pulled it off, his tucked in feet whisking past Drayden's head with a whoosh of air that tousled his hair. Joker landed, skidding along the ground and using his momentum to swing his body back around to face the elder trainer as slick and smoothly as if it were ice he landed on and not dirt and rock. Out of habit, the bird struck his trained pose at the end, flaring his strong wings intimidatingly, all three heads letting out a synchronized cry, feathers fluffed large. He practically oozed toughness as he sent all three glares in Drayden's direction.

Jack hadn't so much as wobbled on top of Joker the entire landing.

"Wowee Sir! That sure was close! I do 'pologize I swear I didn't mean t' nearly land on y' there. I've only seen one other person out here an' they ran off a while ago so I weren't looking out in front of us," Jack said, adjusting the leather cowboy hat he wore on his head and giving a sheepish, apologetic grin to Drayden, "Hope you take no offense to it!"

-brooke

not gonna raichu a love song
Years
Adjusting her pack to one shoulder, Kaia glanced around as she trotted through the Battle Zone, not very impressed with the competition so far. There were a few battles going on, but the trainers involved didn't seem to be battling with strategy in mind. She constantly heard moves such as flamethrower, thunder, ice beam, and hydropump being ordered out, over and over again. These trainers where going to end up tiring out their own pokemon. She sighed and shook her head in slight disappointment. She'd hoped for a bit more of a challenge. Of course, she knew that most of the trainers who were worth battling would be dwelling in either the Resort Area or the Survival Zone. But having a challenge immediately was something she looked forward to, and it obviously wasn't going to come easily.

She stopped for a moment, digging a pokeball out of her bag. She said nothing, just simply pressed the small white button on the ball and released her Luxray. With a small smile, she gave Luxray a pat on the head, his returned affection being a nudge of her hand. While this exchange of gestures was being had, she had started walking again, and had ended up bumping into someone.

She looked up, seeing a fair skinned, dark haired boy. She raised her eyebrows at his height; he must've been at least a good foot taller than her.

"Sorry." she mumbled, before hearing a low growl behind the boy she had bumped into. A large Arcanine towered from behind the boy, glaring at her like she had just threatened to kill his trainer. Luxray reacted--growling at the Arcanine, back arched for battle and sparks discharging themselves from his body, his hair raised. "Luxray." there was a certain tone in her voice that let him know she was warning him, and he immediately stood straight again, but continued growling at the other pokemon.

Years
Tobias nearly fell over after feeling the soft thud against his back wheeling around quickly he saw the source of his disruption, a short, tomboyish girl.
"Enough Arcanine, it was an accident" the striped pokemon ceased it's low, rumbling growl and relaxed its posture but maintained its ferocious glare towards the girls Luxray.
"These two seem to still have some animosity towards each other don't they" sighed the taller trainer
"I know this is kind of sudden but I think maybe we should let these two battle it out, one on one. That way they can get this sorted out and we can have a conversation in peace, of course it will have to be an official battle due to the rules unfortunately." he paused for a moment realizing he was forgetting something "oh, I'm Tobias by the way. Nice to meet you." he chuckled whilst mentally preparing for the battle.

-brooke

Years
Kaia nodded. "That sounds reasonable. Nice to meet you, Tobias. I'm Kaia." she said, patting Luxray, who had stopped growling once Arcanine did, on the head.

"Ready for your first battle?" she asked her pokemon, who simply nudged her and groaned. "I guess that's a yes." she grinned up at Tobias, and gave a small smile and nod to Arcanine. "You've got one hell of an Arcanine there. Very protective."

Years
"You've got one hell of an Arcanine there. Very protective" the newly introduced Kaia complimented Tobias
"Yeah, I'm very close with all of my pokemon, but Arcanine has always been very protective of me" Tobias explained "your Luxray seems to have a similar personality" Tobias observed.

He had now moved so there was good space between them.
"Just to be clear, Kaia, just Arcanine and Luxray, and one point on the line just like the rules say". Tobias was making the mental shift from his normal casual demeanor to his more serious, analytic side. He was well aware that he could afford to lose the battle, but that didn't make him any less determined to win.
"After you" he gestured waving his arm and chuckling to himself, seeing the look on his opponents face he had a feeling he'd regret his generosity.

Serin

Noob
Years
The walk to the survival area had been longer than Drayden thought, his old legs beginning to tire. He was always used to flying around on Drake's back after he evolved from a Dragonair into a Dragonite. Walking through the Battle Zone, several young trainers glared at him with threatening eyes. They all look so amateur...Boy do I miss those days though. He thought as he sensed their yearn for battle. Coming up to a thick mass of trees behind a simplistic gate with a sign reading "Survival Zone." He stepped onto the thick forest grass leaving behind the fancy pavement of the Battle Zone. It was literally empty; he walked along, stepping over fallen logs and around overgrowth. Pokemon seemed to be almost as scarce as trainers. But I'm sure at nightfall there will be plenty for me to worry about then. He decided he should first look for shelter.

After half an hour of walking, trees began to clear and rocks and boulders laid stationary in the faded colored grass. Hmm, there should be a mountain nearby. And a mountain means a cave. He observed a very large boulder up ahead, and as he scanned it from top to bottom, in an instance, a large Dodrio came leaping off the top, headed right for him. Drayden reacted, putting his left foot back bracing for impact, but at the last minute the Dodrio skillfully glided right over his head.

Drayden's eyes widened and turned with excitement deep down, surprised by the expertise of the young, freckled boy. The Dodrio posed boastfully, expressing pronounced skill and experience. The fella on top of the three-headed bird apologized sincerely and Drayden happily accepted. "No need to apologize my boy." He said but still kept his distance from the Pokemon and the trainer. "Now that's what I call a profound Dodrio you got there. The only place I've seen a Dodrio trained like that is back on an old friend's farm in Kanto." Drayden then reached for a green apricorn Poke'ball, his hand ready to unscrew the top to release his Pokemon. "Now I suppose we have to battle? I was actually looking for shelter before the night and well, a battle would be a bit long and by the time its over, the wild Pokemon will be out." Drayden said, looking right into the brown eyes of the freckled boy with a stern look. He then lessened his seriousness and let out a distinct wink.

-brooke

Years
Kaia nodded in acknowledgment of the fact that this was Luxray and Arcanine's battle, and no other Pokemon were to be used.

"After you." Tobias said, waving his arm, at which Kaia grinned and took a step back. She took a second to think of a decent strategy. I might be able to tire his Arcanine out. She thought, though she realized that Luxray didn't necessarily have any distracting, tiring moves. Kaia internally sighed at herself, and suddenly felt like one of the seemingly inexperienced trainers she had met earlier. Deciding it was best to just go with her instinct, she commanded, "Luxray, use Charge Beam!"

Luxray immediately crouched into a fighting position, a slight snarl on his face as sparks began electing from his slim body. Luxray jumped forward suddenly and let out an odd battle cry as a beam of electricity ran itself out of his mouth.

Years
She was direct, but she was good and her pokemon were well trained, Tobias knew from the moment her Luxray let loose he was going to enjoy the battle.

He flashed Kaia a grin
"Match it with flamethrower" he commanded his fire type. Arcanine growled loudly before releasing a powerful stream of fire from its maw on a collision course with the electrical beam heading for Arcanine. The two attacks collided exploding in a whirl of energy and colours leaving a cloud of dust hanging in the air between the two quadrupedal pokemon. Tobias could just barely make out the shapes of his opponent and her luxray, he wasn't just going to sit by idly though he was going to take advantage of the lull and go on the offensive before she could react.
"Now hit it with ExtremeSpeed!" he called to Arcanine. With a brief grunt the pokemon seemed to disappear almost, it's motions a blur. The dust had dispersed due to Arcanine's momentum, it was very unlikely that they could get out of this attack.

-brooke

Years
Trying to think quick on her feet, Kaia commanded, "Use Bite, Luxray!" As the Arcanine approached, Luxray attempted to bite it, but it was too quick, and as a result, it's attack was successful. Not as effective as it would've been if Luxray hadn't grazed into it with it's own attack, but effective enough to make him flinch. Luxray was thrown back a few yards, but jumped back up regardless, still eager to fight and hopefully win the battle.

"Use Thunder!" Kaia yelled, and Luxray sent a highly concentrated Thunder in the direction of his opponent.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Jack beamed when Drayden complimented Joker. "Well thank you kindly Sir! I'm a professional pokemon coordinator by trade so I darn well hope Joker here would look good... Name's Jack. Kanto? Oh so yer from Kanto too then! I was born an' raised on a ranch in Kanto fancy that! Joker here wasn't one of ours though, I caught 'im and raised him from a little wild chick myself!" Jack said, swinging his leg over and dismounting from the large bird. Joker seemed to suddenly realize he was not under contest lights relaxed and folded his wings back up. One head went back to preen his fluffy body, while the other two suddendly started snapping at eachother and honking.

"Still can't get him to sit still 'less we're in a contest though..." Jack said with a snort. He didn't seem worried about the little squabble though, and eventually the two heads settled down after a long hiss. Jack gave a the bird's fluffy back a firm pat. His face fell a little bit when Drayden mentioned battling though.

"Well, if that's a challenge I can't refuse per the rules... Honestly I came out here to avoid battles for a bit and was hopin' to catch something," Jack paused a second looking a bit embarrassed, "I really weren't expecting everyone to have six pokemon an' I seem like the odd trainer out as I only have five pokemon to my entire name. I was lookin' to catch one out here but ain't found a thing yet." Catching a new teammate would have to wait until after the battle though. Jack was a bit surprised when the other man gave him a wink. Now what did he mean by that? Well, this man didn't seem mean or like trouble, but that didn't mean that Jack was allowed to refuse his challenge.. He gave a soft sigh. Usually the challenger sent out the first pokemon... Jack held onto the hope that they wouldn't have to maybe, but then again, he would have to get used to the idea of the tournament somehow.

Serin

Noob
Years
The freckled boy's eyes brightened with the kind words of his Dodrio. Drayden could tell that the young trainer put a lot of effort into training his Pokemon and was very proud of the outcomes. It turns out that the boy, Jack, was also from Kanto. Drayden briefly scanned back some memories of the numerous ranches he traveled to. Farms were a plenty in Kanto and he befriended numerous farmers. "Well I am very, very happy to meet a fine young man such as yourself, Jack. I am Drayden Reaper, born right outside of Pallet Town. As you can tell, I'm an old man, and I have traveled a lot. I may very well know some of your older relatives back in Kanto. Perhaps in a more suitable setting for conversation, we can talk about it?" Drayden loved talking about his adventures, and would love to talk about the ones he had in Kanto with a fellow Kanto native.

Realizing that time was flying by and it would be dark soon, Drayden tried to speed the meeting up. However, he didn't take into consideration that Jack was a conventional young man and took things very straightforward. He had mistaken Drayden's attempt to avoid a battle as a challenge. Well, I don't want to do anything that may be against the rules. He thought, not quite sure if this was considered a challenge or not. Jack seemed like he didn't want to battle neither.

"Well, I didn't really mean to force you into a battle young Jack, and I'm not sure how these rules work exactly. Just to be on the safe side, how about a friendly one on one battle? No need to tire out an entire team anyways out here, especially with the night creeping in." Drayden unscrewed the top of the aged Pokeball, "Of course, one of our survival points will still be on the line...I choose you, Lila!" The elder Meganium stood tall, eager for battle; the pinkish flower around her neck, now a deep reddish-brown color folded upwards, hugging her rough, brown-tinted scales. Her age and experience was highlighted by battle wounds across her back and sophisticated snout which was held high with pride to intimidate her foe.

"This girl here, she's older than me. But if you train all of your Pokemon as skillfully as that Dodrio of yours, then this will be one hell of a challenge for us." Drayden looked at the Dodrio, none of its three heads showing any type of fear. Hah, this freckled boy Jack will be nothing like the last kid I faced. Be ready Lila. "And now, your turn, my boy."

Years
"Woo" he couldn't help himself, his attack had collided perfectly but had been lessened by Luxray's own defensive attack and its natural ability, it was going to be risky using physical moves, even if they were much faster. Tobias didn't get much of a chance to think though because Kaia was still ready and raring;
"Thunder!" that was all Tobias needed to make him wish his arcanine still knew dig, he had to think fast... he had two options, try and match the powerful attack or try and dodge a massive bolt of electricity from above, he made his decision quickly
"ExtremeSpeed, get behind it and use Close Combat". It was a risky maneuver, Arcanine could get hit and possibly paralyzed or even defeated but if it worked he could possibly catch his opponent off guard with the bold move.

-brooke

Years
Think fast, Kaia. Kaia thought to herself after hearing Tobias call out another ExtremeSpeed. Kaia knew that if Luxray took a few hits like the last, he would lose the battle, and she couldn't bear the thought. "Luxray, use Protect!" she ordered, and immediately, Luxray began emitting a blue light thtat ended up encircling him. Thankfully, she had taught him how to hold this move.

Years
The bolt of electricity landed just behind Arcanine as the tiger-striped pokemon, its movements a blur, dashed towards Luxray.
"Protect" commanded Kaia
"oh no" responded Tobias, now very aware that his plan wasn't going to work as his pokemon skidded to a halt behind Luxray no longer able to pull of the Close Combat, unbeknownst to Kaia though she had just given him a very good opportunity.
"Solarbeam instead!" Arcanine began drawing solar energy into itself and waited, drawing more and more and more energy, for the shielding move to fail. Arcanine's mane was at this point glowing a vivid white and it was becoming a strain for Arcanine to hold in the energy it had gathered. Both it and Tobias hoped that Luxray's protect couldn't hold much longer.

This particular moment was reminding him of one of his Hoenn gym battles. He had been facing Normans Slaking with his Armaldo and was having trouble breaking through his defences, so he waited for the powerful pokemon to tire out before hitting it with X-Scissors repeatedly. He was using a similar strategy now, if he could land this Solarbeam then he could use a flurry of Close Combats to finish the weakend electric-type off. For some reason Tobias doubted it would be that easy.

Last edited:

-brooke

Years
Kaia's teeth gritted together, and she couldn't figure out exactly how to respond. She wasn't quick enough on her feet to respond before Luxray's Protect wore off, and he hurriedly conjured another right before Arcanine released it's Solar Beam. Kaia smiled softly at her Pokemon's will to win this battle.

But Kaia almost wanted to scream when she realized that she was mistaken with one thing. She thought he'd completely protected himself, but due to his slightly tired state, he had left his back open to attack. "Luxray, move!" Kaia shouted quickly, and Luxray did as commanded. He avoided the attack for the most part, but his tail caught the end of the painful Solar Beam.

Luxray flinched back but acted on it's own accord, as he was angered now. He bite the Arcanine, who howled in frustration. "Luxray, use Thunder!" she commanded, and a threatening roar emitted from Luxray as he patiently and effectively charged his attack.

Years
This was very, very bad. Luxray was latched onto Arcanine and a bolt of lightning was about to fry them both, Tobias was really wishing he'd kept dig in Arcanine's moveset at that time, but he also couldn't help from smiling like a madman at the intense battle, he was loving it.
"Get it off with Close Combat!"
Arcanine twisted, writhed, bit, clawed, tackled and battered the attached luxray until it had no choice but to let go, unfortunately this still didn't allow Arcanine to fully avoid the massive electrical attack which caught him on the side. Arcanine panted and Tobias watched the ferocious battle with glee, both of the quadrupedal pokemon were on their last legs; the battle hadn't been going on for long but it was inanely intense and vicious. Both competitors could probably only get one or two more attacks in
"Flamethrower!" Arcanine mustered his strength and unleashed a blazing flame from his maw, he was going to make this attack count. Tobias held his breath.

-brooke

Years
Kaia grinned at how long it had taken Arcanine to pry Luxray off of himself. Her grin quickly dissipated as Tobias' Arcanine emitted a powerful Flamethrower, which hit Luxray head on, causing him to be thrown back several feet on his back. Luxray whimpered, and shakily got back up, grunting with a snarl on his face. Kaia found it hard not to yell out a "No!" in frustration, but she quickly pulled it together. Go big or go home. She thought, because at this point, Luxray could not take another hit like that. He'd faint if he did so, and she was not about to lose this battle. "Luxray, hit him with another Thunder!" A large beam of lighting headed towards Tobias' Arcanine, and she was hoping it would do just as much damage to him as his Flamethrower had done to Luxray.

Last edited:
Back