• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Let There Be Humor!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • Unless I haven't searched hard enough, I've never noticed any humorous forums. I can't go a day without laughing or Pokémon, so why not have both in one spot? Users could post Pokémon memes, links to funny Pokémon videos, or post something generally funny that doesn't have to do with Pokémon. As long as no one posts anything offensive or suggestive, I think that a comedy forum couldn't go wrong.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You can find humor all over the site though, but...on topic humor. lol Not much is gonna come out of a thread that's like "oh look at this funny picture" or something.

Perhaps in Pokemon General, there could be a "what's your favorite pokemon meme?" thread, but that's all I can think about for now.

Wobbu

Years
  • Maybe hold a contest to see who could post the funniest meme? Or have someone post a picture and see who could make the funniest caption? I don't know, I suppose a forum for only humor would be unnecessary.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There's humor everywhere if you just look around though. I don't think we need a separate forum for memes and such really. ;( It'd just turn into a spam pit. A funniest meme contest I could see happening maybe, but idk. You'd have to run that by Toujours, who mods Pokemon General (I think that's where a contest of that sort would go anyway).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Maybe hold a contest to see who could post the funniest meme? Or have someone post a picture and see who could make the funniest caption? I don't know, I suppose a forum for only humor would be unnecessary.

We had a meme competition in the B/W a long time ago and it was pretty successful. And we have made caption contests in a few forums, which were also successful.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Any thread I find myself in instantly becomes a comedy club, it's my animal magnetism really. I mean I have at least a half dozen small animals drifting toward me right at this moment, it is indeed a thing.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
    Years
  • Wasn't there some sort of game in the trivia game section where you told Pokémon related jokes based on a particular Pokémon?
    Like, the first poter posted a joke and a Pokémon, the second made a joke based on that Pokémon and named another Pokémon etc.
    I don't know if that still exists, t thiswas a few months ago.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Wasn't there some sort of game in the trivia game section where you told Pokémon related jokes based on a particular Pokémon?
    Like, the first poter posted a joke and a Pokémon, the second made a joke based on that Pokémon and named another Pokémon etc.
    I don't know if that still exists, t thiswas a few months ago.

If it's not around anymore, I'm sure it could be remade.

Wobbu

Years

Where was I when all of this happened??

Renpuu

Gengar !
    Years
  • Maybe in other games or other trivia (forget the name of the section, sorry) we can have a "you laugh, you lose" game thread?

I second this idea !
    We could make a humour section on the forum which is designed for memes, you laugh you lose, jokes, epic wins and fails etc.

Wobbu

Years
  • A thread, just to clarify. But I wonder how popular it would be? Maybe it could be the next best Pokémon meme center? Haha

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • While a down to earth idea, I don't think a forum of this sort would work so well. Most of the threads would usually only warrant themselves a thread of their own in Other Trivia, Pokemon Trivia etc. And secondly, it could be said that if there's a section for all things funny, why isn't there a section for all things angry, sad, bored etc.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
    Years
  • While a down to earth idea, I don't think a forum of this sort would work so well. Most of the threads would usually only warrant themselves a thread of their own in Other Trivia, Pokemon Trivia etc. And secondly, it could be said that if there's a section for all things funny, why isn't there a section for all things angry, sad, bored etc.

funny is the best of them all. but it may turn it into a angry thread if the posters go to far with the yo mama jokes... annnnyway, yeah i'm for just keeping them in other trivia. its kind of like making one forum for black and another for white, they're practically the same thing so it's kinda pointless. and it would probably kill the other trivia section.

Back