• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blastoise / Keldeo EX / Black Kyurem EX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015

Last edited:
Years
First off, I think this is in the wrong section, so I'll just move it over to the appropriate subforum.

Secondly, I do worry about giving essentially giving away a freebie prize in Ditto in that second build. It's a great starter, sure, but it's not long before Ditto is a free prize for your opponent.

Black Kyurem is nice to spring as a surprise, but wouldn't it be a huge pain to consistently set it up?

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I've seen 2 Mewtwo included into most Blastoise variants as it can trade well with opposing Mewtwo and Keldeo. If your opponent sets up a very large Keldeo EX, then you can punish it with a well timed Mewtwo EX. I would like to see at least 1 Mewtwo EX included into this list. Also you'll have to be more careful with the Tropical beach drop as Virbank city gym will be popular to counter it and deal more damage !

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I don't think Mewtwo EX is going anywhere anytime soon. He'll stay for the rotation and he'll constantly be a threat since DCE will still be in the format O_O (if they rotate up to Dark explorers.)

Years
I moved the thread to the TCG Deck Reviewing subforum of the Pokemon Trading Card Game forum.

Once opposing players catch onto the Ditto strategy, they'll be more likely to take it out.

I'm talking about the fact that it'll need 4 energy to do that 200 damage, and even with Blastoise that can be a pain to consistently do due to a limited energy supply in the deck and the recovery limits of Energy Retrieval.

I have minimal experience with Blastoise/Keldeo builds. Closest I've come is a BlastCatty build in 2009, which had a slightly different energy mechanic because of the Platinum Blastoise's power. Though I am familiar with how the Rain Dance mechanic works after using it frequently in casual play over the years.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back