• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby or sapphire

Ruby or Sapphire

• Ruby

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Sapphire

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Although I've personally never played them, all paired versions pre-Gen V are almost identical except for some pokémon and in this case the colour of the team. Personally I'd have gone for Sapphire as Kyogre > Groudon, Ludicolo > Shiftry and Lunatone > Solrock IMO.
    The other version exclusives are:
    Ruby: Latios, Zangoose, Mawile
    Sapphire Latias, Seviper, Sableye

Seeing as you won't be affected by nostalgia like people who got them when they came out, I would say the version exclusives are the only real deciding factor.

Years
  • ^Aside from the version exclusives, Ruby and Sapphire were the first main games to have different storylines in each version, facing Team Aqua in Sapphire, and Team Magma in Ruby.

I personally preferred Sapphire of the two, because Kyogre was much more exciting to me than Groudon, and it was also the first brand-new Pokemon game that I've ever owned.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2013
    I personally preferred Ruby, mostly because I, unlike most, prefer Groudon over Kyogre. I also prefer many of the other version exclusives, and I like Team Magma more than Team Aqua.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've been thinking about this for a while, but even though Ruby and Sapphire are the two main games of gen III, we don't need this and a thread between Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. So yeah.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back