• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC team Help

Nicktaco

Hot Sensation
Years
  • I Have made many teams on Pokemon Showdown and cant seam to win often, but this seams to be my best one

Hitmontop

Intimidate

Life Orb

Close Combat
    Sucker Punch
    Mach Punch
    Stone Edge

HP 4
    Attack 252
    Speed 252

Jolly

Shuckle

Contrary

Chesto Berry

Rest
    Shell Smash
    Power Split
    Toxic

HP 4
    Defense 252
    Special Defense 252

Calm

Cloyster

White Herb

Skill link

Icicle Spear
    Rock Blast
    Shell Smash
    Hydro Pump

Attack 252
    Special attack 4
    Speed 252

Serious

Haxorus

Choice Scarf

Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Outrage

HP 36
    Attack 252
    Speed 220

Adamant

Landorus-Therian

Choice Band

U-turn
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    Superpower

HP 4
    Attack 252
    Speed 252

Adamant

Torterra

Sitrus Berry

Earthquake
    Synthesis
    Wood Hammer
    Curse

HP 252
    Attack 252
    Defence 4

Careful

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Hyper offense, no support, HIGHLY hail weak. VGC is a combination of defensive and offensive play so I'm not surprised that you haven't been doing well. Not only that, it looks like you used all singles builds for your Pokemon. No good. VGC's all about dishing as much damage as possible while absorbing or dodging hits left, right, and center.

Hitmontop: Ditch Stone Edge for Wide Guard. There isn't THAT many flying types in doubles and you need Wide Guard to protect against spread moves. EVs need to be changed to 252 HP|252 Attack or else Hitmontop will just die an inglorious death. Item should be either Sitrus Berry, Leftovers, or Fighting/Dark Gem. Nature: Adamant.

Shuckle: No. Just... If you REALLY want to use one, use the following set:
    Impish Shuckle w/ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP|252 Def|4 SpD (switch the def and spD if you want depending on which you're having trouble with)
    ~ Power Split
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Helping Hand / Bug Bite
    ~ Rest

Cloyster: Change nature to either Hasty, Adamant, or Lonely. Item should be Focus Sash. Change Hydro Pump to Scald, the accuracy really kills you and the chance of burn is valuable, or to Protect to shrug off any potential hits. You might need something with Rage Powder or Follow Me in order to pull off the Shell Smash.

Haxorus/Landorus/Torterra: You need to ditch either one or two of these because of the massive Blizzard-weak. Think about the roles you have these three playing and then consider what your team needs more of.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hyper offense, no support, HIGHLY hail weak. VGC is a combination of defensive and offensive play so I'm not surprised that you haven't been doing well. Not only that, it looks like you used all singles builds for your Pokemon. No good. VGC's all about dishing as much damage as possible while absorbing or dodging hits left, right, and center.

Hitmontop: Ditch Stone Edge for Wide Guard. There isn't THAT many flying types in doubles and you need Wide Guard to protect against spread moves. EVs need to be changed to 252 HP|252 Attack or else Hitmontop will just die an inglorious death. Item should be either Sitrus Berry, Leftovers, or Fighting/Dark Gem. Nature: Adamant.

Shuckle: No. Just... If you REALLY want to use one, use the following set:
    Impish Shuckle w/ Chesto Berry
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP|252 Def|4 SpD (switch the def and spD if you want depending on which you're having trouble with)
    ~ Power Split
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Helping Hand / Bug Bite
    ~ Rest

Cloyster: Change nature to either Hasty, Adamant, or Lonely. Item should be Focus Sash. Change Hydro Pump to Scald, the accuracy really kills you and the chance of burn is valuable, or to Protect to shrug off any potential hits. You might need something with Rage Powder or Follow Me in order to pull off the Shell Smash.

Haxorus/Landorus/Torterra: You need to ditch either one or two of these because of the massive Blizzard-weak. Think about the roles you have these three playing and then consider what your team needs more of.
    Eh, Cloyster can't learn Scald. Razor Shell is the next best thing it has to a reliable Water STAB.

I'd drop Torterra for something else, like Volcarona:
    -Heat Wave
    -Bug Buzz
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Ground)/Rage Powder
    -Protect
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Waaaaaaaait what of a failure is that stupid thing
    Yeah, Razor Shell or Surf.

Volcarona should be running Giga Drain in my opinion. Lots of water types running around and not enough 'mon weak to ground. Cloyster -should- be enough to at least scare the dragons, if not outright kill them.

Anyhow, that's 4 Pokemon for now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2017
    Your hitmontop should really have this set.
    Fighting Gem / Sitrus Berry
    Intimidate
    Adamant
    Moveset
    ~ Fake Out
    ~ Close Combat / Mach Punch
    ~ Sucker Punch
    ~ Wide Guard / Detect
    EVs
    252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

Back