• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon Smash! 5/25 Discussion Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • Well, it's time! A new Pokémon Smash is currently airing (If you'd like to view it, a livestream via YouTube can be found here). Use this thread to discuss whatever is revealed during the episode. I'll do my best to update this with information as it is aired!

• Looks like a promo for the new movie releasing, showing a short clip with the new Mewtwo form, as well as the familiar Sylveon images popping up.
    • Flashing back to the Gen III Anime, specifically showing May's Badge case, as well as Aipom and its usual shenanigans. (Not sure if this is actually part of the broadcast or something is just messed up! From further information this is normal, and it's just continuing to air as planned!)
    • A line of people dressed up as the Eeveelutions. Perhaps more information on Sylveon is to follow?
    • Looks like some focusing on Mewtwo currently, specifically around its creation, using clips from the first movie. Probably leading up to more discussion about the new movie.
    • Flashing back to the battle between the original Pokémon and their clones from the first movie, with Mew and Mewtwo hovering over. They seem to just be commenting on it.
    • Another trailer for the new movie, showing the red Genesect with a group of normal Genesects and Mewtwo appearing.
    • NEW MEWTWO FORM CONFIRMED! Mewtwo gathered its hands and focused, which surrounded it in a blue light, and from it emerged the new form! Pretty much as was speculated, but we now know it is not a Mewthree or any other sort of new Pokémon! Apparently this was an old clip, I had just never seen it. My mistake! Either way still confirmed =P
    • A clip of Helioptile battling a Crawdaunt. Perhaps the Corphish line is in the Kalos Pokédex?
    • People dressed up as Eevee and Sylveon talking with a few characters. Hopefully some new info to come!
    • Looks like they're showing off the Mewtwo Event Pokémon that comes from the movie.
    • A new Pikachu short film feature Oshawott, Axew, Pansage, and from the looks of the logo the Eeveelutions as well.
    • Eeveelution musical number lulz

Aaaaaaaand that's the end. Unfortunately it appears we didn't really get much new for what we were hoping for, but I guess we have a few minor things. Discuss!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Thanks for this! I was searching through Youtube for anyone live streaming but I couldn't find anything.

I'm hoping they will reveal something worth talking about, more specifically Sylveon's typing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2021
    That Mewtwo transformation clip isn't new, I remember seeing it a while ago.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • It's officially over, and it was extremely uneventful for the most part. Only thing interesting really is that it appears we have Corphish and Crawdaunt in the Kalos Pokédex as well!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I love Corpish's line, and that's really the only joy this week's smash brought me...how much longer will this Sylveon type guessing last...maybe Sylveon is the Troll type rather than the Fairy type xD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think each month CoroCoro will bring something new to the table up until the release, I was overwhelmed with what we got for this months edition so I'm hoping June can match that... tbh, any news is good news.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    That mewtwo uses Hurricane,Psystrike,and Ice beam,and telling by that little scene of the movie,Protect maybe?Please correct me if this has been confirmed already.

Also...it looks like those Genesects are using Techno buster.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • That mewtwo uses Hurricane,Psystrike,and Ice beam,and telling by that little scene of the movie,Protect maybe?Please correct me if this has been confirmed already.

Also...it looks like those Genesects are using Techno buster.

It's actually Heal Pulse, which has already been confirmed. Sadly we didn't get much new on the movie front either.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It's officially over, and it was extremely uneventful for the most part. Only thing interesting really is that it appears we have Corphish and Crawdaunt in the Kalos Pokédex as well!
    See, from FR/LG Pokédex...

It came from overseas. It is a very hardy creature that will quickly proliferate, even in polluted streams.
    Perhaps France (Kalos) is the overseas location it came from?

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Actually that's meant as a reference of the real life species it's based on which in japan irc is an invasive species. Either way I hope it appears in the dex.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • With nothing new to report on about X and Y - I kind of saw that coming really - I'm going to go ahead and close this. Feel free to continue discussing about Smash and what they might reveal in the future over in the X/Y General Chat and Speculation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back