• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prettiest Profile Contest Thread

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Okay, I meant to put this up several days ago but I got busy/lazy. Oops. But here it is! Luckily, we don't really need to talk about how this will work, unless we want to change it from how it has worked from the previous PPCs. But if the system works why try and change it?

What we do need to talk about, though, is who is going to do what. Also, discuss a theme (if we even want one). Do we want it Pokemon Related, Summer Related, etc etc. We also need to discuss emblems and such. If I am correct, it is the following that have agreed to help host this:

synerjee
    Twilight Sky
    vaporeon7
    DeltaSalamence

One person for CSS/Running the first post (though this can be split. Someone makes the CSS and someone else runs the first post), someone to collect the votes, and someone to make the Emblems (also can be a multiple person job). That's really all the roles I can think of so unless we split roles we have more people than things to do haha. I'll stand by the sideline unless someone doesn't do something, and I think Netto will be in the same vote.

Anyways, when we're all good and the person who is making the CSS is finished then it will be placed here for approval. ♥

-----

CSS HERE

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Let's see if anyone else wants either of those two jobs before you take up both of 'em. After all we have four people and like... three things to do. :'D

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    The three things are making the thread, collecting votes and making the emblem correct?
    If so, I'm probably better off collecting votes.

The three things are making the thread, collecting votes and making the emblem correct?
    If so, I'm probably better off collecting votes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah, pretty much. making the thread can be split into two tasks; someone can make the CSS and another different person can put up and manage the thread.

And here we should all decide on a theme if we even want one.

vaporeon7

Years
    hmm...pardon me, but i guess im not used to PPC having a theme of some sort? haha it's been a while since i even participated in one of those x_x;; i hope it wouldn't be too much to ask about going in-depth about how a theme applies to PPC?

Doesn't it mean that if the theme was say July, people would have to create profiles which fit the theme in some way. Maybe a summer or winter look, or maybe fireworks (4th of July) and not have things like a Charizard theme.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Basically. The normal PPCs have never had a theme to go with it. But I do remember one of the past Get-Together PPCS had a friendship theme where the profile had to represent friendship in someway. That said while it never happened in normal PPCs that were in PT or FG people also suggested themes multiple times in future PPCs. So that's why I'm wondering if we want one for this PPC or not.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Well, we could have a preliminary thread that introduces this year's PPC.

On that thread, we could have some discussions with other PCers, and put up a poll including possible themes, in which we use the top two or three voted themes.

So, it's sort of like an advertisement mixed in with those things that mangakas put at the end of each volume to let readers say how they want the story to end up.

Akiba

Years
    Not sure if this will be double merged...

Anyways, first version of the emblem?

Sorry if it doesn't suit your tastes ^_^;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Do we have the time for something like that? We only have a weekend for this whole thing to go through (though in the past there was a week for everything to be finished afterwards but eh)? I think it'll be better if we decide a theme and then go with it. And since we're getting low on time we should hurry up if we even want one haha.

Ooo that looks nice. However, I was thinking more of the usual emblems that PC gives out. :'3 The idea of a night theme looks interesting though. So we have three ideas.

Summer Theme
    Party Theme ( My favorite idea out of this)
    Night Theme

Also no idea where synerjee is so I'll probably end up making the CSS if no one else wants to. Which will probably be me copy/pasting an old PPC and editing as needbe.

vaporeon7

Years
    I'm for the party theme also. It'll give a much wider range of colours than a night theme would. It'll also be interesting to see how people interpret the word party (waits for someone to have a profile based on their party of Pokémon).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Sounds like the party theme it is! I'm guessing everything else will be the same as it usually is then with voting and everything? If so then I'll start making the CSS in a bit and ideally have it done by the end of today.

How many emblems do we want? I'm guessing two (one participant and one winner) so in that case if none of you want to actually keep track of the first post one can do one emblem, one can do another, and one can handle the voting. ♥

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    All right! Or you can make one and DeltaSalamence can make one either way works. ♥

Anyways, I'm working on the CSS right now. Huge headache last night so I didn't get the chance to work on it then so making up for that.

Akiba

Years
    Ok.. New winner award.

And here's a participant emblem.

These can be put in the winner's signature:

I'll change the night theme, of course.

Last edited: