• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Puzzle Thread] The Pokétrivia League!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

ZdvYCfw.png
[alink id=information]Information[/alink id] - [alink id=rules]Rules[/alink id] - [alink id=puzzle1]Puzzle 1[/alink id] - [alink id=spuzzle2]Puzzle 2[/alink id]

[a id]information[/a id]

The current puzzle(s) are...

Every week there are going to be new puzzles of all sorts. This area will explain what each puzzle are, as well as the theme that each puzzle will be. Here you will also see the time span in which you are given to complete all puzzles. Remember that the theme correlates with the badge you'll be receiving upon completely the puzzle correctly! Each puzzle does have its separate rules which can be read down in the rules section.

Time Period: Friday, September 20th - Friday October 4th 11:59 PM EST

PUZZLE 1: POKEMAIL
Type: Normal
So the normal types thought it would be cool to make their own mail to send out to others! The problem is that there has been a mix-up and they cannot remember whose mail is which! Your goal is to simply figure out which of the ten mail belong to each Normal Pokemon. Once you have found out send your answer to BinaryPeaches. ♥

PUZZLE 2: POKEGRAPHPICTUREPLOTTING (Or something like that)
Type: Bug
The Bug Pokemon decided to go all math on us and give us one of those puzzles with coordinates and a grid. Your job is to plot those coordinates and make a picture out of them and then send the correctly plotted picture to BinaryPeaches. It should faintly resemble a bug Pokemon when you're done so if you can't recognize it at all then you might have done it wrong. So be careful when plotting!

[a id]rules[/a id]

Rules

There will be a few sets of rules. First will be the general puzzle rules, then the rules that correspond to each puzzle that you are to complete. Regardless of this, there aren't very many rules you need to follow (basically, it's common sense).

GENERAL

• Everything must be correct in order to receive your badge
  • You may only send in your answers once (with exceptions) so please make sure everything is correct before sending in your answers
  • Answers are to be PMed to BinaryPeaches. Otherwise it will not be counted*
  • If there are multiple puzzles please put all answers to all puzzles in one PM. It will make things easier to go through. However, if you only wish to answer one puzzle feel free to do that as well.
  • Please title your PM in a way that I will know it is for the league. Something as simple as PokeTrivia League Answers will suffice
  • Please don't give your answers to anyone else. We're doing the trust thing here ok
  • Results will be posted here in this thread at the end of the time period
  • Please allow up to a day after the time period ends for the results, and another day before the next puzzles come in. I need to have time to look at all answers as well as come up with new things ok

*because seriously I have mentioned this about five times now if someone gets it wrong then they clearly did not read anything

PUZZLE 1 - POKELINK

• Send the list of the Pokemon (preferably in order) that each mail belongs to over to BinaryPeaches
  • This one is very easy it shouldn't take long at all for you to figure it out.
  • I'm not the best spriter so sorry if they suck.

PUZZLE 2 - POKEGRAPHPICTUREPLOTTING (or something)

• Use the grid provided below for the most accurate picture as it is the one I used to make the puzzle
  • Send the completed picture to BinaryPeaches when you are done.
  • Start from the first coordinate and do them in order. It'll make connecting the dots easier so you don't get some weird funky thing that isn't a Pokemon.
  • Yes the Pokemon will be disfigured a bit. But it should still resemble a certain Bug Pokemon.
  • This will probably be time consuming. Take it slow and try not to make any mistakes!

[a id]puzzle1[/a id]

Puzzle 1 - PokeMail

Type: Normal

Spoiler:
[a id]puzzle2[/a id]

Puzzle 2 - Pokegraphpictureplotting (or something)

Type: Bug
Grid:
Spoiler:

Coordinates:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Bad news is this is late. Good news is because this is late two people managed to get something in before I gave out the answers. :b

Answers - Pokemail

Everyone who had guessed the majority right gets the badge because I'm nice.
Spoiler:

Those who receive the Normal Badge:
TaichiWind
Maruno
Scarf
AlexOzzyCake
kosuke
MIAU
jsziede
DualBlade
[supporter]synerjee[/supporter]

Solution - Pokegraphpictureplotting (or something)

50i0z8.png

(Stole Scarf's solution because it looks nice and idk where my solution image went whoops. It sucked compared to most of your solution pictures anyways.)

Those who completed the puzzle:
TaichiWind
Maruno
Scarf
AlexOzzyCake
kosuke
MIAU
jsziede
[supporter]synerjee[/supporter]

Next puzzle or two will arrive tomorrow at the latest!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Haha it is actually. The file name says so and I clearly remember using Linoone's sprite. Think I was just rushing and didn't have time to edit. It's edited now.

Back