• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Train Station Town "Has a Secret" ... Region / Location DLC?

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
seeing as the main reason people thought that seeing a new region was because of the backpacker saying you will see his region in due time i am going to post these pics of what he says once you speak to him four times and the item he gives you that clearly says it/he is from a region far from kalos.

If it is true that the main guys said they arent going to be putting in a second region in a game it seems we will be getting another bw bw2 situation with xy2 this idea is further supported by the fact you get the z legend in these games ruling out the need for pokemon x and your character goes to a new region and the story continues even one of your friends says she is going to go to another region and make memories
View attachment 69928View attachment 69927View attachment 69929

Cool find! That statue is funky-looking.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
2015 is a pretty good shot at when we'd get something new, earliest would be a little bit before that with a year passing before we hear anything.

This is exactly why I suspect there will be some form of DLC in the future. They need X/Y to keep us entertained for at least a good year or two. As is, the game is so abrupt that it's probably not going to last much longer than a half year for X/Y enthusiasts (such as myself - I already have 80 hours logged)

3d games are more time consuming to develop than sprite based. GF said that X/Y is going to be the biggest Pokemon game to date. While that exact statement is a bit vague, it's true that it has the most side content and mini games, but the world itself is quite small and some things (such as TMs and clothes) are extremely lacking and hard to come by (though I suspect clothing items are a seasonal thing). Also, I sincerely doubt that GF is going to have players rely solely on the lackluster Friends Safari and the Pokemon Cloud just to bring the missing Pokemon into circulation in X/Y.

The last Pokemon game I've played was Emerald, so I'm not familiar with later releases. But so far, I'd say this is the smallest Pokemon game I've played so far. However, X/Y has some extremely expansive ground work put into place for decently sized content updates. That's just my take on it though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
This is exactly why I suspect there will be some form of DLC in the future. They need X/Y to keep us entertained for at least a good year or two. As is, the game is so abrupt that it's probably not going to last much longer than a half year for X/Y enthusiasts (such as myself - I already have 80 hours logged)

3d games are more time consuming to develop than sprite based. GF said that X/Y is going to be the biggest Pokemon game to date. While that exact statement is a bit vague, it's true that it has the most side content and mini games, but the world itself is quite small and some things (such as TMs and clothes) are extremely lacking and hard to come by (though I suspect clothing items are a seasonal thing). Also, I sincerely doubt that GF is going to have players rely solely on the lackluster Friends Safari and the Pokemon Cloud just to bring the missing Pokemon into circulation in X/Y.

The last Pokemon game I've played was Emerald, so I'm not familiar with later releases. But so far, I'd say this is the smallest Pokemon game I've played so far. However, X/Y has some extremely expansive ground work put into place for decently sized content updates. That's just my take on it though.

There is no DLC. Both major heads for Pokemon, the President of TPC and head director of GameFreak both said there's be no DLCs for Pokemon X and Y and that both members disliked the idea of having DLC for their games.

As for size, its definitely larger than any of the past Pokemon games for an initial release. I usually beat the games in under 24 hours and this one tool me nearly 36 hours to beat it playing at my normal pace. This game has over 400 Pokemon available through the normal means, and this expands to a very high amount when you beat the game. There is a lot of add in content such as Pokemon Amie, Super Training, Berry Farm, Battle Chateau, Battle Maison, and the new battle styles, Horde, Inverse, and Sky Battles. They've kept their word on how large the game is and we still have the tournaments, PGL opening, and mini games to keep us occupied for a while not to mention searching/waiting for the secret Pokemon/Events that we cannot leak due to coding lock preventing us from just pulling the data out and locating them all.

Other than this, its already been confirmed that there is no DLC for X and Y we just have to wait for all the extra stuff to open up in December.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
Yeah. When I said region, I didn't mean another Kalos. I just meant a new area to explore, whether that be one town / island, a cluster like Sevii, etc... But it is not unrealistic to think they could expand the game via DLC and include Hoenn or another region. Look at what they did with Super Luigi U. Nintendo is warming up to DLC more and more.

Dude... Monaco's just slightly bigger than the Vatican... It's one of the smallest countries in the world so "another Kalos" would never happen as they'd have to oversize it. One, maybe two towns. That'd be it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
As for size, its definitely larger than any of the past Pokemon games for an initial release. I usually beat the games in under 24 hours and this one tool me nearly 36 hours to beat it playing at my normal pace. This game has over 400 Pokemon available through the normal means, and this expands to a very high amount when you beat the game. There is a lot of add in content such as Pokemon Amie, Super Training, Berry Farm, Battle Chateau, Battle Maison, and the new battle styles, Horde, Inverse, and Sky Battles. They've kept their word on how large the game is.

I agree to disagree with this statement. The minigames are nice, but there is no denying the fact that the game world is small and the story is short. The fact that no new areas unlock post game is quite unsatisfactory because of this. Also, I beat X faster than any of the other Pokemon games I own, and I even clocked a good few hours in the mini games during my first playthrough.

As I said earlier, its no surprise the game world is small since 3d games requires more time and money to develop for. That's the kind of tradeoff that needs to be expected when transitioning from sprites to 3d. Hopefully the events aren't lackluster, and that the next installment doesn't have an abrupt core game.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The secrete is probably the hidden Gyradosnite or whatever it is called. I am not sure the exact way to unlock it yet, but you do find it Gyradosnite there.

I also believe he said " I left a secrete in this town. See if you can find it." Not the town has a secrete.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I agree to disagree with this statement. The minigames are nice, but there is no denying the fact that the game world is small and the story is short. The fact that no new areas unlock post game is quite unsatisfactory because of this. Also, I beat X faster than any of the other Pokemon games I own, and I even clocked a good few hours in the mini games during my first playthrough.

As I said earlier, its no surprise the game world is small since 3d games requires more time and money to develop for. That's the kind of tradeoff that needs to be expected when transitioning from sprites to 3d. Hopefully the events aren't lackluster, and that the next installment doesn't have an abrupt core game.

You barely unlock any areas in any main Pokemon game with the initial release. Gen 2 and their remakes are the only initial release games with post game content that cannot be done with in a 2 to 3 hour time period. All the others can be gone through in at least 3 hours.

The story for this one is long and the region itself is the largest region we've had in a while, both pokedex and size wise.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
Years
  • Age 24
  • SG
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
IMO, the region was pretty easy to explore. We have people completing the story in 9h 54 min 0_o

Years
The time when we need hackers to "crack open" the game and see what secrets lie in store in the games data.
1.%20smile.gif
I think I might agree with this.
I don't think a completely new region unlikely. SoulSilver and Heartgold spanned two regions, so they are capable. Because I think in those games the Kanto side was rather rushed, I personally view it as just an experiment.

Also a technology I have seen used quite often lately, is to already add content we have no access to, or even way of knowing it's there.
What I mean is, instead of DLC, the new region might already be in the game.
We simply can't go there yet. The only thing they would have to do is, for example, to make a train go in Couriway Town, which can be activated without any DLC at all.

Just my thoughts and a very broad hypothesis with low accuracy.
So don't take my words for granted, I just wanted to inform you of this option.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
I think I might agree with this.
I don't think a completely new region unlikely. SoulSilver and Heartgold spanned two regions, so they are capable. Because I think in those games the Kanto side was rather rushed, I personally view it as just an experiment.

Also a technology I have seen used quite often lately, is to already add content we have no access to, or even way of knowing it's there.
What I mean is, instead of DLC, the new region might already be in the game.
We simply can't go there yet. The only thing they would have to do is, for example, to make a train go in Couriway Town, which can be activated without any DLC at all.

Just my thoughts and a very broad hypothesis with low accuracy.
So don't take my words for granted, I just wanted to inform you of this option.

It would be cool if they give use other Train pass

Years
If you look at the map of kalos that was released we do see a railway at around the area that couriway town is, the fact that they included it on that map suggests to me that it will be used at some stage

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
The story for this one is long and the region itself is the largest region we've had in a while, both pokedex and size wise.

I don't know about G4 or G5, but I digress. The length of the story, depth of the story, and the size of the content in X/Y is far smaller than what we had in G1, G2, and G3. There is little to explore and the facilities/dungeons are small and lacking complexity. Not too long ago I picked up Fire Red and it took me nearly 50 hours to complete. There are people who are beating X/Y in approximately 25 hours or less. The ones who do some mini games on the side, such as myself, are pulling in the low to mid 30's. So no, compared to the first three generations, X/Y is nearly half the size of what we were given initially.

Also, the mini games in X/Y (while fun) are nothing more than a substitute for existing mechanics in the game that's been around for the last few generations at least. This is why, as a returning veteran to the Pokemon series after a half decade hiatus, I'm strongly hoping for some additional content.

Years
G7 is in the works, and connects to Kalos, and expands the pokemon Mythos even farther.

I hope this post is not spam, but would you guys prefer a Gen 7 with the rail road connects to the new region or a RSE remake? ... just 1 game this time. Pokemon Emerald. Game Freak owes us for the shenagians of B2W2 instead of gray. (lol)

Just an Emerald Remake.

Years
The way he says 'Kalos is nice and all' makes me think that it wouldn't be something small or be wouldn't brag about this mystery region, it will be exciting finding out, but I don't think it will be released just yet, whatever it is

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
I don't know about G4 or G5, but I digress. The length of the story, depth of the story, and the size of the content in X/Y is far smaller than what we had in G1, G2, and G3. There is little to explore and the facilities/dungeons are small and lacking complexity. Not too long ago I picked up Fire Red and it took me nearly 50 hours to complete. There are people who are beating X/Y in approximately 25 hours or less. The ones who do some mini games on the side, such as myself, are pulling in the low to mid 30's. So no, compared to the first three generations, X/Y is nearly half the size of what we were given initially.

Also, the mini games in X/Y (while fun) are nothing more than a substitute for existing mechanics in the game that's been around for the last few generations at least. This is why, as a returning veteran to the Pokemon series after a half decade hiatus, I'm strongly hoping for some additional content.

This easily depends on the person

I know many people who have played 20 hours in X/Y. . .and have three badges. Meanwhile, back in the day I could beat the gen II games in 17 hours (although I'll grant you that my first playthrough took around 25 hours) and gens one and three were only a little bit behind. Although I agree there is a lot missing in these games; there isn't any Pokemon Contest/Musical/Pokeathlon type of thing anywhere and the extra locations were a bit disappointing. We'll have to wait, I suppose.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014

Uh... Maybe you haven't played Gen 1 or 3 in a while... But they are certainly not longer than X/Y. Gen 2 you could stretch out because of Kanto, but it was very barren and boring anyway.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I think that secret place is akin to Sinjoh Ruins and the place that is located above the Spear Pillar.
In other words, it's just an event location. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe Gf is getting ready for Gen VII...and this far away region will be where it takes place in. That'll be a shocker...with only two games in a generation...either that or GF plans to do something entirely new and introduce another region with new Pokémon in the same generation...that'll be unique...the data for the others could be after Zygarde in the national dex...

Back