• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Symphonic Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Pokemon Symphonic Horizon
attachment.php

Hello, this is a game that I am working on in RPG Maker XP, it is called "Pokemon Symphonic Horizon."

INTRODUCTION
The reason why I started making this game was mainly due to me originally wanting to make this as a 3D Pokemon Action Game. But, that fell short after my whole team disbanded, and then I moved on to making my game as a traditional Pokemon RPG. It continued on as a one-person job in Rom Hacking, I did what I could but was FED UP! With the many restrictions Rom Hacking had on you. So, I kept looking for an alternative form of game creation, and then I came across Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker XP. I thought to myself thinking that this would be really hard to get into, given all the Ruby language I would have to slowly develop over time, but I can say without a doubt that it has been the best way to make a Pokemon game. I've been using this for at least 1 1/2 years now, and I can say that I will be sticking with it! But, its not only that, but, I wanted to make this game so that it focused more on the characters, rather than the Pokemon themselves. I did that so that it gave more personality to characters, and generally made them more lovable than some cookie-cutter protagonist that reeks with the presence of no emotion or personality. So, my game is more plot driven and generally have about 6-10 minute long cutscenes maybe even longer, where the characters talk about issues in game, or just talking about themselves and getting to know each other better. Its traditional to put it simply. The characters have feelings, the characters have emotion. Its not some attempt at making a game where you have a list of choices that determine an ending, no, this game focuses on one thing: The Plot. No fancy over-the-top graphics that make you go WOWWW! (Albeit my game does have those, just look at the videos and screenshots ;)) My game is entirely focused on bringing out the character and personality of its cast, and also focusing on the Pokemon as well. I also try to make it so that the gameplay is also fresh and interesting with many original ideas such as jumping across bridges in the water to reach the other end of an area (which was a gimmick used in the Hydro Sanctuary.)

PLOT

The plot of the game is centered around the players starting choice. If you play as the female character Marissa Brennan:
Spoiler:

Or Vice Advent:
Determines what kind of direction the story will go. The story is different depending on who you play as, and also have different starting points at the beginning of the game, however they always stick together as a team throughout the story and slowly develop amorous feelings for each other. Even still, there are points where the two split up and go through different events and fight different bosses and different Pokemon. The plot for the male character revolves around understanding the meaning of his existence, you are washed up on a beach forever shrouded in a white colorless fog, called: Dawn Beach. You find a lone Pokemon Box near a grave and to only find out that it is being surrounded by the Ex-Champions Pokemon mourning near it. Inside of the Pokemon Box is a very special Eevee that possesses more power than a normal Eevee (basically with higher stats and a MUCH wider move pool)

For the females story, it revolves around Marissa looking for her parents and helping Vice save the planet from an unstable, yet ubiquitous force called: Dragon Force. She does this with the main character by collecting items called Space Orb Fragments, only to piece them together and create the Space Orb and take it to a location called Destiny Outlook, where they can re-stabilize the flow of Dragons Force; or else the Planet's Cry will take place and the world will fall into ruin and all life will cease to exist. However, there is a evil organization called The Dark Fangs that want to use the Space Orb to destroy the world, and then re-create it in their own image (kinda like Team Flare, except my idea came first :P) The leader of the Dark Fangs: Nero, is almost an exact twin to Vice, however they are not related, and Nero despises Vice for their similar appearances, as Vice closely resembles Nero's brother Zane; who died eight-years prior to the events that take place in this game.

Along the road, Vice and Marissa come across fellow party members:

Hiro Monochroma:
Spoiler:
The Inheritor of Time, and the Legendary Trainer who controls Dialga; and was put into an eight-year sleep at the City of The Timeless. And also has feelings towards Vice. She is rather calm and gentle. She can be really sweet and understanding as she cares very much for the whole party, and more so for Vice than any other. You do have the choice later in the game at who you prefer more, whether it be Marissa or Hiro. Depending on who you choose determines the ending of the game. However the results during the ending always play out the same. Also Hiro became the Inheritor of Time eight-years prior to the events that happened now; as she was just a normal everyday trainer before this. ALSO! THIS DRAWING BELONGS TO MY SISTER! DO NOT STEAL!

Angelo Clarity: who I don't have a sprite for yet :P or concept artwork :P But, this character decides to follow Vice after a *spoiler event* happens later in the game. He is a very stoic and very collected in nature. But, he does make rather rash decisions at certain points, and even comes close to almost killing Marissa. Even still, he has a dark and clouded past, but has well-full of emotions in him that he chooses not to reveal to others, except for Vice.

Vivian Vance: she is a very extroverted and excitable young girl. She decides to follow Vice and Marissa once she realizes that Vice isn't really a Dark Fang, and misunderstood their actions. Which she originally thought was that they were going to attack Shaymin Village, but instead decided to go onto a detour and visit it. Vivian is for the most part very childish, but very cunning and also very sneaky. As she helps the party later on in the game escape from the prison that they were captured in, by the Dark Fangs. She is also very skilled in Pokemon battling, especially during the first battle with her as she boast a whole team of VERY threatening Pokemon, which even if you lose in the fight, you get an alternate scene rather than getting a game over screen.

Serena: YES! THE SAME SERENA FROM X AND Y! I don't even need to show artwork of her, you should know who she is. However, I added more to her character in that, she talks. And, she is currently visiting the Lumia Region with her mother for Rhyhorn races. She first encounters Vice and party when Vice first visits the Capital City of Lumia: Skycrest City (which is like Lumiose City, BUT MINE CAME FIRST ;.;) She comes off as very helpful and friendly and can also be a chosen choice for Vice to enter a romantic relationship with. Most of the time, she always finds an alternative way to get around very, almost seeminly impossible situations, and also uses her powerful Pokemon to help out Vice and friends. Since she is the Kalos Champion, she is VERRRYY powerful.

Other Characters that I will fill in later.

FEATURES

The features of this game are:

• Mega Evolution
  • Day/Night System
  • A New Form of Jumping
  • Romantic Choices Based on Players Decisions
  • MORE STORY THAN IS NECESSARY!
  • Decently Difficult
  • Pokemon Trainer N
  • Soon to be actually drawn cutscenes, not animated however
  • An Original Story With Original Characters
  • New Region and Soon To Be Multiple Regions
  • LOTS OF OPTIONAL BOSSES, including Red and other characters from the Manga
  • Voice acting
Will add later to this list.

HOW YOU CAN HELP

• Graphic Designer
  • Spriter
  • Someone with scripting skills (Ruby Coding Knowledge)
  • Tile Designer
That's it really, that's all that I need for people to help. I managed to complete a lot of this game by myself, and am currently being held back by only slightly minor things.

SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3JUEKLR7U4
Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvASUXeIUs
Video 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJU_kpNddYM
Playlist for all of my Symphonic Horizon Videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZy07BfPTRFXDISs9m1GKJzeRG3kyHcNk

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Will add more to the screenshots, but then again, there are videos :L

LIST OF CREDITS

• WesleyFG
  • zerudez
  • UltimoSpriter
  • 0NegaXFMP0 <--- what a mouthful of a name XD
  • Heavy-Metal-Lover
  • TyranitarDark
  • Alucus,Alistair,Calis,Kyledove
  • Rossay
  • PHO
  • Rayquaza
  • zetavares852
  • robie392
  • Celiana
  • ThatsSoWitty
  • LotusKing
  • MoonTIK
  • Bo0mxBiG
  • EVoLiNa
  • chimcharsfireworkd
  • Minorthreat0987
  • WilsonScarloxy
  • Dewity
  • AshnixsLaw
  • Yani-Kurai
  • Alucus
  • spaceemotion
  • LogiedanT-T
  • Aigue--marine
That's all the people that I have for the graphics and tiles that I am currently using, so DON'T GET ON MY BUTT ABOUT IT! *smiles*

PROGRESS

Currently: 10% AND THIS GAME IS LOOONNNGGG! So 10% is actually a lot done!

As for a beta, uhmm... nooo. Because if I release this game, there is gonna be a flood of crappy LP's that's gonna make me rage up a storm. So, for the most part, this game is in closed beta, where only people who I see should test my game will be able to play it. So, sorry. I am stingy, cynical and unfair, and I know it! Sorry LP'ers, find some other game to do a crappy nuzlocke of in the mean time. XD (I'm such a jerk) Also, my game isn't Nuzlocke friendly, so uhhhh, yeah recommended that you DON'T nuzlocke it ;)

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
New Town in Progress: Flower Gale Village
Pathway to Flower Gale
Spoiler:

Flower Gale's Fishing Dock
Spoiler:

The village's proud hero
Spoiler:

Information about this town: Flower Gale Village is a quiet and peaceful place, where many flowers bloom thanks to the vast amount of Shaymin that live the in the far off village to the east. This town is proud of its savior: Dialga, who managed to keep the town safe from a cataclysm that occurred eight-years prior to the events in the game currently. This town is where you acquire the Old,Good, and Super Rod. However you start off by getting the Old Rod, and then as the story progresses you can come back here at certain points and pick up the new upgrades.

Last edited:

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
This is epic I look forward to this amazing game

Hahaha! I'm glad you think its cool! I made sure to make this game more depth worthy in terms of plot and character development. And, the first demo will become available around.... May. Mainly because I do not want to post a beta for a game that, I find to be, not presentable. In my eyes I think that's the case. I want it to be as perfect as can be before giving it to the public.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
wow so epic

much realistic very pokemon

wow

But seriously though, this game is amazing but needs a little bit of hero overworld fixing (If you know what I mean)

:)

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
wow so epic

much realistic very pokemon

wow

But seriously though, this game is amazing but needs a little bit of hero overworld fixing (If you know what I mean)

:)

Yeah, I know what you mean. But, thanks! I'm glad you like my game so far :) I need to find someone who is willing to redo my over world sprites as well as design new sprites. Something. Not. Easily. Done...

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Enhance the graphics man ^^. Good luck

Not quite sure what you mean by that, but alright! I thought my graphics were very good from the beginning :L But, I will also try updating this more frequently after a few days, things have been getting very stressful for me as of recently.

But here is the update for Hiro's Sprite:
hiro_zpse52b1374.png

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
The Graphic look great, i will be looking foward to play this game :)

Haha! Thanks :D Yeah, I will begin working on my game again after I stop experiencing artists block, currently having a hard time thinking up some ideas for what to make out of future maps. Its seriously getting a little annoying :L

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
UPDATE :D

In this update, I wanted to mention that I have added all of the Mega Evo's and all of the icons and XY graphics. Such as icons and battle backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back