• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Y No Legendary or Starter Team

xXToXiiCxHyDrAXx

+Sylveon Is UB3R!+
Years
Hello all! I am one of those players that hates using their starter even for a few battles and especially hates using legendary pokemon throughout the game, it makes stuff so much easier and I like a challenge. On this X and Y though I am having huge problems getting a team together. I have one gym badge and only one pokemon in my team, a level 12 Bold Pixelate Sylveon that I intend to use as my "starter" pokemon. I have 5 slots left that I would like to fill with my final ingame team! Please if anyone could help me create this I would be so thankful! Please keep in mind I want a "catcher" pokemon (a pokemon I can use to catch hard to get pokemon) with false swipe and the like (I am fairly sure you guys here know what I mean)! This catcher pokemon don't have to be a permanent part of the team but would like info on it as well as my main team. I am going to use a bibarel for an HM slave when I need it; using surf, cut, strength and waterfall.

So here's what I need: 5 pokemon you guys would recommend me add to my final team (maybe more so I can choose) as I am building around my UB3R and favorite Sylveon, move sets for said pokemon, a "catcher" pokemon, and anything else you guys can think of! Would like to possibly implement larvitar/pupitar/tyranitar in the team but if that's not recommended it's okay, I also enjoy skorupi/drapion. If when I figure out a good team anyone could supply the eggs for me of said pokemon would be great but that's when we figure the rest of them out!

Thank you so much!

xXToXiiCxHyDrAXx

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You should consider using either Salamence or Haxorus. Bagon could be found on Route 8, and Axew is in Connecting Cave; just train them up and evolve. Another Pokémon you could try is Talonflame. Thanks to its Gale Wings ability, it could cause some major havoc with flying-type moves such as Brave Bird. You cannot get a hold of Gale Winds Talonflame until post-game, unfortunately. If you really want to though, then you should probably head over to GTS. Good luck! :]

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yer also gonna need something to Surf on. If you can wait until you get 3 badges, there's a guy who gives you a Lapras just beyond the gate between Shalour City and Route 12. And Lapras is great...imo.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
One of the E4 is a Water type. Why don't you add a Pokemon that can hit with STAB Electric/Grass?

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Gogoat is actually a pretty good pokemon. Could be a good addition if you want a grass pokemon.

Back