• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] A Rising Shadow [IC]

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
Years
  • Plot

It was twenty-five years ago... The criminal Organization, Cipher, brought Shadow Pokemon into the world. They tried their schemes two separate times in a five-year span, and were foiled on both occasions... since this time, Orre has been in peace. This region is commonly know for heavy competition in battle... and with the recent finding of wild Pokemon throughout the region, the Pokemon League has moved in to the region, and set up true Pokemon Gyms in the region's cities and towns. With this added, many trainers have come to the once barren region. It has begun to prosper... people are even given starter Pokemon at Professor Krane's Laboratory. With all this focus on journeying, and Pokemon Leagues... a number of towns and routes have been added to the region in order to allow for easier travel, and to allow eight gyms to be in the region without disturbing the existing towns and villages who didn't wish to have them. With twenty years of peace, it seems there is no room for this to change... but this statement is wrong...

Cipher has risen from the ashes once more. There vile actions stain the region once more, stealing Pokemon from trainers, and converting them once more into Shadow Pokemon... but just who is in control of this madness? And what do they seek by closing the hearts of Pokemon once again?

Enter us: Our roles are new trainers, planning to start new journeys in the Orre Region. We will eventually become entangled within the plot of the new Cipher campaign... it will then be our duty to find a way take the Shadow Pokemon away from Cipher, and to purify them. Along the way, however, we will still be following our goals of our journeys... whether that includes the Pokemon League, and so forth.

Looking to Sign up? Visit here! -> http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326431

RP Rules

1. I will play the NPCs. Do not play a character without a sign up unless I permit it!

2. I will also determine wild Pokemon battles, as well as when a Pokemon is captured, and when Shadow Pokemon are ready to be Purified. If you kiss-up to me I MAY give you what you want.

3. I also am in control of when your Pokemon "Level Up", as well as evolve. I know I sound controlling, but this is so this RP isn't something totally easy for everyone.

4. I'm going to stack the odds against you. Hell, Cipher might even win a couple of fights against you all! Be careful... because they're going to be out to get you, pretty much.

Last edited:

RiotProductions

Advanced RPer, Plot Genius, and M/M Shipper
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2014
    Name: (What is your character's name?); Jace Evans

Seventeen

Description: (How do they look? Picture is acceptable, but a written description is still required.)
    Jace is a tall, handsome, fit young man with light colored hair he's always running his fingers through. He can almost always be seen with a mischievous smirk on his lips and a clever intelligence in his eyes, and has a sort of charm to him that can sway most. His eyes are a beautiful green, and his physique is one of power and speed. He can normally be seen in casual wear consisting of t shirts and cargo pants, often with a small backpack on his shoulders. More often than not he has a bandana around his neck, and when he pulls it up over his face it reveals a skeletal lower jaw sporting a pair of fangs.

Personality: (How does your character act? Use detailed descriptions... A simple word list will not suffice.)
    ; Jace is the kind of guy who is able to tailor his personality to suit anyone- if he wants you to like him then you probably will, and if he wants you to dislike him, well, you've just made one hell of an enemy. Of course, there a few traits in him that seem solid no matter what, and those are his high level of intelligence, which includes the ability to think calm, clearly, and creatively, as well as his ability to remain calm in even the worst of times. He is the guy you can count on to keep a clear train of thought no matter what, and because of this he's turned into the kind of person whose very reliable. Of course, he can also come off as stubborn and reckless, taking on challenges simply because he wants to know if he can. He isn't afraid to argue or do his own thing, and hardly cares what others think of him. He can be your best friend, or your worst enemy, and usually can be found in a content, relaxed mood. However, when something does manage to get him riled, it's likely for a good cause and won't turn out well. He's the kind of guy who loses himself to the moment when he's mad, and when pushed to far he's known to do things he'll regret.

Goals: (What would your character like to achieve?); Obtain Pikachu as a starter, Open a business involving pokemon, Defeat the Elite Four, Own an Island, See the World, Start a Family

Backstory: (Tell us a bit about your character... How did they grow up? Where did they grow up? What made them who they are today?); Jace grew up a virtual Orphen of Orre. His father was a drunk who worked half his time away and spent the rest in a bar trying to drink away his troubles. This left Jace pretty much to his own devices growing up, and though he managed to remain an optimistic and good natured guy, he did go on to develop nasty habits, such as stealing, breaking into old buildings, picking fights, and basically running his own life. He was always good to people though, and there were few who disliked him. His life was likely going nowhere, but one day his luck changed. One night he came across an old man in the process of being attacked in the street by a gang of thugs and their pokemon. Calling for help, Jace used a pokeball that had fallen out of the mans briefcase and beat the men, saving the old man who introduce himself as Professor Krane. The pokemon he used was Pikachu, and after battling so well walking the man back to his lab, he was offered the chance to begin a journey. He took that offer, and is now about to begin his own quest, hoping to get back the Pikachu he used that day.

Last edited:

pknight96

Years
  • Sorry about that. I could delete that post if you want.

Again, sorry. Should've been more clear about that. I would prefer you deleted the post.

Name: (What is your character's name?); Jace Evans

Seventeen

Description: (How do they look? Picture is acceptable, but a written description is still required.)
    Jace is a tall, handsome, fit young man with light colored hair he's always running his fingers through. He can almost always be seen with a mischievous smirk on his lips and a clever intelligence in his eyes, and has a sort of charm to him that can sway most. His eyes are a beautiful green, and his physique is one of power and speed. He can normally be seen in casual wear consisting of t shirts and cargo pants, often with a small backpack on his shoulders. More often than not he has a bandana around his neck, and when he pulls it up over his face it reveals a skeletal lower jaw sporting a pair of fangs.

Personality: (How does your character act? Use detailed descriptions... A simple word list will not suffice.)
    ; Jace is the kind of guy who is able to tailor his personality to suit anyone- if he wants you to like him then you probably will, and if he wants you to dislike him, well, you've just made one hell of an enemy. Of course, there a few traits in him that seem solid no matter what, and those are his high level of intelligence, which includes the ability to think calm, clearly, and creatively, as well as his ability to remain calm in even the worst of times. He is the guy you can count on to keep a clear train of thought no matter what, and because of this he's turned into the kind of person whose very reliable. Of course, he can also come off as stubborn and reckless, taking on challenges simply because he wants to know if he can. He isn't afraid to argue or do his own thing, and hardly cares what others think of him. He can be your best friend, or your worst enemy, and usually can be found in a content, relaxed mood. However, when something does manage to get him riled, it's likely for a good cause and won't turn out well. He's the kind of guy who loses himself to the moment when he's mad, and when pushed to far he's known to do things he'll regret.

Goals: (What would your character like to achieve?); Obtain Pikachu as a starter, Open a business involving pokemon, Defeat the Elite Four, Own an Island, See the World, Start a Family

Backstory: (Tell us a bit about your character... How did they grow up? Where did they grow up? What made them who they are today?); Jace grew up a virtual Orphen of Orre. His father was a drunk who worked half his time away and spent the rest in a bar trying to drink away his troubles. This left Jace pretty much to his own devices growing up, and though he managed to remain an optimistic and good natured guy, he did go on to develop nasty habits, such as stealing, breaking into old buildings, picking fights, and basically running his own life. He was always good to people though, and there were few who disliked him. His life was likely going nowhere, but one day his luck changed. One night he came across an old man in the process of being attacked in the street by a gang of thugs and their pokemon. Calling for help, Jace used a pokeball that had fallen out of the mans briefcase and beat the men, saving the old man who introduce himself as Professor Krane. The pokemon he used was Pikachu, and after battling so well walking the man back to his lab, he was offered the chance to begin a journey. He took that offer, and is now about to begin his own quest, hoping to get back the Pikachu he used that day.

Welcome aboard, Riot! Can I ask you to move this to the SU thread, though? He's ACCEPTED, regardless. ^^

RiotProductions

Advanced RPer, Plot Genius, and M/M Shipper
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2014
    Where are the sign ups? -looks about for clickable link to the right page-

pknight96

Years
  • At an Undisclosed Location...

A Garchomp was shackled against the wall of a cell... It glared at the humans who were staring at it through the opposite side. "So... This is our Patient Zero?", a figure spoke from the shadows of the room.

"Yes, indeed, sir... This Garchomp has been infected by the virus we created. The pathogen acts similarly to the closing of a Pokemon's heart... But it can still grow stronger.", the head scientist reported, as the Garchomp started to growl.

"Excellent... Is there a cure?", the figure asked.

The scientist took of his glasses, and rubbed his temples. "Unfortunately, there is... Though, not by conventional means. It seems that extended exposure to Spatial and Temporal energy... Which would mean the cure is the same process as it was before..."

"Celebi? Bah... Most who lived in that time are dead, or have forgotten... That is not a huge matter to me. What matters to me... Is performance. I want to see this Pokemon in action.", the figure from the corner said. It held up a cane of some kind... A ray was sent out at the collar around the Garchomp's neck.

"B-but sir! W-we don't have a test subject here!", the scientist exclaimed.

"Yes, we do...", the figure said, a sickening smirk appearing on their face... The Garchomp began to break off the wall, a purple and black aura surrounding it, as the chains started to snap...

"D-doctor! The readings! They're... They're off the charts! Subject 0 is displaying capabilities far beyond our expectations!", a lab assistant shouted, as a vicious purple fire streamed out of the Garchomp's mouth, melting through the cage.

"S-SIR! Call it off, please!", the scientist pleaded. "There are people in this building still!"

"That's the point...", the figure said with a cold smirk, before walking away, carrying a case of blackish-purple vials... The Garchomp was freed. And looking at the scientists with pure resentment... Hatred... And hunger...

---

"... And in our latest story, we examine the laboratory accident in the Orre Desert that took the lives of twelve scientists. Information is unclear currently, but from what we currently know, the intense heats of the flames as well as the bites and claw marks found in the burnt victims were likely caused by a Pokemon. We will fill you in on more as we find ou-"

CLICK! A television set turned off. An man sighed... "A shame. Dr. Yamoto was a brilliant man. Though his science dealt with pathogens... What was he doing with a Pokemon dangerous enough to destroy his lab?", the man questioned himself aloud.

"Professor Krane, the new trainers should be here in any moment! You can monologue to yourself later!", a younger woman shouted at him, poking her head through the door a bit impatiently.

"But, Jovi-", the professor began.

"Plusle plu!", the Pluse on the woman's shoulder shouted.

"Oh, come on, Plusle...", the professor tried to start...

"Minun minun!", the Minun on the opposite shoulder of the woman shouted.

"Alright, alright! Sheesh... Why do all the ladies gang up on me...", the Professor asked with a sigh, heading out the door with Jovi...

"What is that supposed to mean, by the way, Professor? We're the only girls you talk to...", Jovi asked.

"Uh... Nothing! It's nothing..."

-----------------

With this posted, the RP may now begin! You all know what to do now. ^^

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    Jake Peterson walked along the old worn path from his house to Professor Krane's lab. A cool, crisp breeze wafted the scent of morning dew to his nose. He was smiling as he had never smiled before. He looked down into a little pool of water at his reflection, making sure he looked perfectly neat and tidy. After adjusting his tie, then adjusting it back again several times, he continued on his walk to the Professor's lab.

Am I really ready for a Pokemon? he thought to himself.

"Yes I am," he answered out loud.

He knocked on the Professor's door.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    As Jack Brickson wakes up from his desk with drool on his face, he noticed the calendar. He see that it is a special day for him. Now he remembered that he was suppose to meet the professor. He quickly dress up into his usual clothes and grabs his bag and headphones. As he runs out of his room and gives his mom a hug, telling her, "Today is the day!". He heads out through the front door, hearing nothing but silence in Servedi Town. Jack hates silence so he puts his headphones on and listens to anything that was playing on his musical device that he made. He maxed out the volume barely hearing the bird Pokémons that were chirping.

He told himself, "I'm ready to start my own music with Pokémon". He touches his bag, for there was a notebook that he had inside. "I'm going to make the Perfect Song!", he yells out loud.

When he headed to professor's lab he noticed someone was already at the door. Jack waves at the person and yells out loud, "Hey! Is the professor there?"

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    As the alarm clock ringed, Daniel covered his head with his pillow, in an attempt to drown the noise. He stayed like that until his girlfriend, Megan, finally clicked it off.

"C'mon, today your getting your Pokémon," She said, before laying back down.

Daniel grumbled but rolled out of bed. He walked into his closet to hunt for some clothes. Once he put together an outfit, he walked down stairs to grab some breakfast. He found some fruit bars and grabbed one to go. He shoved his feet into his shoes and strolled down to Proffesor Kranes Lab. Stnding in front of the lab was a young man, knocking on the door.

"Well, the more the merrier," Daniel said to himself, and walked up the front lawn.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Herra heavily walked through the town, scavenging for food. She was looking for a lab that was the center of attention to this town. She planned on raiding this laboratory for food to eat but mainly for that annoying Torchic that seems to be stuck with her. The past few days she's been crying for food and Herra finally had enough.

As walking towards the lab, that Torchic kept annoying her like always and gave her a look. Still the Torchic kept bugging her. She wanted to shut up the Torchic for she was desperately trying to come up with a plan. She was considering to talk to the professor for answers might be there. The Torchic still kept nudging her until she saw what her companion was trying to say. They had company. Before the strangers could even notice her, she hid behind the lab.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    An older looking teen was walking down a long path. Her long pink hair falling out of their hair ties, her clothes covered in dust and dirt, and her bag full of empty repel cans. She paused, staring at the teens up front at the door. She whispered under her breath, "I'm the oldest person here, I have been traveling for days, and i'm a mess. Great." As she approached the others, she asked them all,"hey! what are your names? Mine is Anna!" Having come all the way from Phenac to this lab for a pokemon, Anna had a long time to think of which pokemon she wanted. She told herself, "I am getting an eevee, and that's that!" She walked up to Jake and waited to head inside.

pknight96

Years
  • As Jack barely noticed Anna he goes to greet himself to all the other trainers that were waiting for the professor.

"Hello everyone! My name is Jack Brockton and I'm trying to get a Chimchar!"

Still having his headphones on he changes the song to something more upbeat and went up to the door and knocked on the door once more with the beat of the song.

OG, we're waiting for everyone to reply before we reply again, in the order at which we've posted. Please delete your post.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2014
    Jake turned around and greeted Anna. "You're getting an Eevee? That's neat. I have decided to take a Turtwig on my adventure. They're very cool and collected, I've heard."

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    Jack noticed Jake and Anna were talking to each other and he decided to greet himself. He took off his headphones but left the music playing at max volume.

"Hello my name Jack Brickson and I'm trying to get a chimchar. I want to train him or her to dance to music with me."

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    As Daniel was waiting for the somewhat unresponsive professor, Daniel walked over to the growing group of juveniles to introduce himself as well. The kid with the headphones did not make a good first impression on Daniel, but greeted himself anyway.

"Hello, my name is Daniel Greven, and honestly, Treecko is the way to go," Daniel said, flashing a quick smile at Anna.

He expected most of them to go with fire types, due to their supposed strength, but Daniel decided He will take a grass type for his first journey. He knew at first the fire types were going to 'Smoke' him at first, but he was going to have to look past that.

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Herra spied on the group of strangers that were too busy greeting each other. Torchic finally stopped bugging her, maybe because she realized that they weren't alone. Who knows? Anyway, they were introducing themselves, excited about their pokemon choosing.

Why are they so happy to get pokemon anyway, she thought. Do they know that pokemon can befriend you for on minute and betray you the next? Do they know how greedy they can get? Oh well, she whispered. I guess we're going to wait til...

She never got to finish what she was saying because her Torchic walked straight towards the mob of strangers.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Out of the corner of her eye, Anna saw a small, orange shape approaching them. She turned and saw a little torchic walking up to them. She said,"Hey, guys! Look at the cute little torchic!" As she said it, she knelt down and pet it.

pknight96

Years
  • The door finally opened... Out came Jovi, with her Plusle and Minun on her shoulders. "Hello, everyone! The Professor is waiting for you all inside! You can all head in.", she said cheerily. She looked over, noticing the Torchic. "Huh... Is that our Torchic from the lab? If it is, how'd it get out here?", she asked aloud, seemingly a bit confused.

Plusle, trying to resolve this situation, hopped off the lab assistant's shoulder, and walked over to the Torchic, giving it a friendly "Sle Plu!", as well as a hello wave.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    As Jack noticed Jovi with her Minus and Plusle, he instantly got excited. He tried touching Plusle that was walking with the Torchic. When he touched the Plusle he got shocked by his fingertips.

"Ow! I thought it was ok to touch Pokémon. I guess not."

As Jack having his hands in his sweater pockets he went up to Jovi and apologized for not asking to hold her Pokémon. He went into the Lab being amazed from all the stuff that was inside. As he listen closely he can hear the chimchar that he was going for. As he heard the Pokémon he starts rushing to the professor he sees the Chimchar jumping around and instantly knew that that's the Pokémon that he wanted to be on his team.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Herra was shocked to see Torchic boldly walk up to the strangers. She saw how they greeted her annoying companion. Something twinge inside of her. She ignored it. Who knew that she finally got rid of the Torchic. She decided to put her plan to pause until they cleared up. I guess I'll rob the local cafe store and celebrate my freedom, she thought.

Before she could leave, her feet carried down towards the strangers. She had no idea what she was doing but then she began to run. She ran all the way to the front and now the strangers caught her.

" That's my Torchic you people."

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Anna turned toward the new stranger. "I thought the little torchic belongs to the pokemon lab. Also, who are you, anyways?" Anna asked. "I Don't recognize you at one little bit." She added. Looking back at the cute, fluffy little torchic, she asked it "Is this your trainer, or are they trying to steal you from this lab?" The litte firey bird pokemon cried out "tor! Torrrchic!" and ran back to the new stranger and nuzzled her leg. "I guess this settles that." and walked after everyone else. Torchic followed not far behind, waithing for the unknown girl to follow.

Back