• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I can't get to the Orange Archipelago, for some reason. The river in Route 1 is blocked by trees. I've even patched a new rom. Would I need to start a whole new game, or is it some 4.2 glitch that can be solved by using an older patch?
EDIT: Never mind. I just had to load from an earlier save.

As for the pokemon league, you can also have Pidgeot instead of Pidgeotto and the event will still work
I had a Dragonite, so I'm assuming that it just has to be a flying-type.

How do I download this file, I am new to this website and I want to get into these cool hacked games such as this one.
Scroll down the first post, until you see "AshGray Beta 4.2." That's a link to the site that the patch is hosted on. After that, you need a Pokemon Fire Red rom, and a patcher. If you don't have a Fire Red rom, you can find one by searching "Pokemon Fire Red rom" on google. If you don't have a patcher, I suggest Lunar IPS. You can find it by searching "Lunar IPS" on google. After that, you just open Lips.exe (Lunar IPS's application file), press the button that say "Apply IPS Patch," select the AshGray patch, and then select the Fire Red rom. Then, you open the patched rom with your emulator. If you don't have an emulator, I suggest VisualBoyAdvance, which can by found by searching "VisualBoyAdvance" on google

Last edited:

DrakEmono

Could be dark/dragon pokémon?
Years
Hello

I'm there to report a bug I have, but with some search, it seems that nobody else got it...

When I reach the area when I have to meet the gang of squirtles (episode 12), the script where I should fall in the squirtles' trap doesn't work (unlike a video I saw to check)

I noticed it when I went straight to the episode 13 with the lighthouse when I noticed I lost an episode...

Is this problem normal or I really do have a problem? I would like to play the game like in the episodes...

Hello

I'm there to report a bug I have, but with some search, it seems that nobody else got it...

When I reach the area when I have to meet the gang of squirtles (episode 12), the script where I should fall in the squirtles' trap doesn't work (unlike a video I saw to check)

I noticed it when I went straight to the episode 13 with the lighthouse when I noticed I lost an episode...

Is this problem normal or I really do have a problem? I would like to play the game like in the episodes...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2017
For.those who are sick of having to restart the game after each beta, all you have to do is rename the newly patched file to match the name of the last.save file you used. Like, if you had "Pokemon_Ash_Gray.gba" beta 3.5, and patched it with a beta 3.6 ips, just name the new patched file the same name as your save file, which in this example would be "Pokemon_Ash_Gray.sav". The only difference will obviously be the file extension. Finally, delete the old beta, and play tje new one. Your save file should play.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Aug 2, 2014
Some of the screenshots were taken from video that weren't high quality and some of them were captured directly from the game. I do still have a long way to go, but it is progressing bit by bit. Thanks for the comment. :)

I think adding new tiles will be the last thing I do, but I am doing my best to replicate the events of the anime series. I'm editing the overworld sprites myself in Photoshop, which is the easiest way to do it.

I'm playing your game and was wondering at what level does butterfree learn confusion, its usually at level 10 but instead at level 10 he learned sleep powder

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2015
I'm playing your game and was wondering at what level does butterfree learn confusion, its usually at level 10 but instead at level 10 he learned sleep powder

It doesnt, many of the Pokemon that Ash had in the anime have different move sets to correspond with the anime, example in the 70's Pikachu learns Volt tackle, Snorlax learns Ice punch, just like in the show. Since ashes Butterfree never had confusion (if it did Ash was just too stupid to know about it), it doesnt learn the move in the game.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 3, 2014
Nice hack Keep up the good work heres a great motto for you "KEEP MOVING FORWARD" PEACE!

just asking i get bad eggs i dinty do anything how do i remove em?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2014
I hope this forum is still active. I have a problem. I did the mewtwo event before having the warp system. I got stuck on Old Wharff Island without a raft. I had no other option then to use a walk through walls cheat. I got back to Pallet Town, and everything seemed normal. Unfortunately, Mom won't give me the assignment to get fertilizer in Viridian City. I don't know how to activate this. Therefore, Officer Jenny won't let me get to the Pokemon League, saying its still under progress.. Solutions? Anyone?

Last edited:

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
I played this game about a year and a half ago and you could only get a little past the Togepi part. Does anybody know how much further the game has progressed?

Years
I played this game about a year and a half ago and you could only get a little past the Togepi part. Does anybody know how much further the game has progressed?

What version are you playing?
Metapod released a beta 4.2 that goes up to the Orange Islands(still not completed though) and covers the first movie.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
What version are you playing?
Metapod released a beta 4.2 that goes up to the Orange Islands(still not completed though) and covers the first movie.

I'm not sure what beta it was. If I remember correctly it was a 3.?. But it seems the beta 4.2 gets me way past the last beta I played.

TruBalz said:
how come i keep getting crit after crit?

It's calculated at random.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I talked with professor Ivy on Valenica Island and then left for another trip with Misty. After emergency landing, I'm on Tangelo Island and when I'm trying to go through some building at the beginning of it, my game stops. Can anybody help me? Please.

Years
OK, here's what i experience. I passed the championship with some mankey i caught before. i raised it till lvl46 at which he learns the move thrash. than i made him to evolve to primeape, and after this point he started disobeying me. i already beat all the fighting trainers sooo long ago. what should i do metapod? waiting for replies

Back