• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2015
I am currently stuck at the poke league championship. I went through victory road, lit the torch, walked through the front doors of Indigo and deposited all items, yet I did not see Gary and the guard is not letting me begin my match with Mandi. Any thoughts???

StuperMarkio

Hopeful Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Yes
  • Seen Apr 9, 2021
I am currently stuck at the poke league championship. I went through victory road, lit the torch, walked through the front doors of Indigo and deposited all items, yet I did not see Gary and the guard is not letting me begin my match with Mandi. Any thoughts???

Short answer, read the FAQ.

Long answer, if you're too lazy to go back and read the FAQ:

Spoiler:

As for my own thoughts, I hope that, after this is done, someone makes a Johto-based sequel.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2015
I have already done the giant onix and the pokenopolis event. I have also spoken to professor oak, who informed me that the poke league was about to start. I then did the bad to the bone event and went through victory road. Now I am just stuck trying to fight Mandi, but the guard will not let me pass. If anyone can help me that would be great

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2015
The guard just keeps telling me that I have no matches scheduled for this time at the pokeleague and I have already spoken to oak. Any thoughts would be helpful.

JohnnyQuiz

Quiz Master
Years
Hi, only just recently discovered this hack, weirdly had an older version and played through it twice before discovering there was 4.2 available

I'm playing all the events from the series but not just only catching Ash's Pokemon, I am trying to get them all. Has anyone got any idea where I can get Vulpix, Growlithe, Ponyta, Drowzee, Cubone, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Mr Mime, Electabuzz and Magmar. (I did grind at the North Pole and found a Jynx, which surprised me) Obviously those first 3 evolve with fire stones and Koffing & Drowzee with levelling. I have the rest of the Kanto-dex bar legendariess (or will, I caught Slowpoke levelled it into Slowbro, and got Lapras, Pinsir and Farfetch'd in the Orange Islands having played through it without saving)

I'm also curious about the evolving of traded pokemon and the "friendship" evolves my Kadabra evolved quickly. Does this also happen with Machoke, Haunter and Graveller?

Having achieved a victory at the Indigo plateau (damn that Blissey was a toughie, Alakazams recover and poison heal berries were instrumental in the victory) are Crobat, Blissey, Umbreon/Espeon gettable in Ash Gray as they aren't Kanto Pokemon. I have the 6 non Kanto that I can find (Togepi - losing to Misty allowed me to keep him and evolve him into Togetic, Hoppip (Swimming before the Donphan battle) Skiploom and Jumpluff & Qwilfish by fishing with the Super Rod. Are there any more anywhere else?

Also as trading isn't possible are any of these viable
Poliwhirl → Politoed (if King's Rock is held)
Slowpoke → Slowking (if King's Rock is held)
Onix → Steelix (if Metal Coat is held)
Seadra → Kingdra (if Dragon Scale is held)
Scyther → Scizor (if Metal Coat is held)
Porygon → Porygon2 (if Up-Grade is held)

So far I only have the Up-Grade but haven't added Porygon to my team yet to level him up. So far I haven't heard anything about these when I looked through this thread. I am still in Kanto and am waiting to go to the Orange Islands properly just in case any of them are only findable in Kanto (The only wild Koffing I've seen is when I speak to the statue and have the Silph Scope but that one isn't catchable)

Also I have looked but cannot see it on here, is there anyway to get back from the Orange Islands to Kanto, I'd like to use the Climbing kit to get those items ;)

Cheers in advance for answers Ladies and Gents.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2016
is there a complete map for this hack?
i really need it ! thx in advanced

Charmender

~Charmender a player
Years
hey, i am charmender again i have a problem so reply if anybody know solution i play ash gray almost fully end it. But my saves are deleted(by mistake) and when i download version 4.2 i decide to play it from start but i stuck on route 20 i passed pokemon league exam and go to daycare and give them my one pokemon(charmender) then i go out and go in again then i go to the pc and activate secret passage and go down stairs and when i try to talk to team rocket and to daycare men or women the game freeze on both condition and i cant proceed to my 7th badge i try to replace 4.2 with 4.0,3.61 but i freeze again in both versions i do this event in past so give me a solution or tell me a version which not have this problem.
Waiting for replys.....

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 9, 2014
I have a problem... I have caught the Bulbasuar at the secret village and The abandomed Charmander. Then I went down the path that you're supposed to fall down the hole and do the 'Here comes the Squirtle Squad' ep but it just allowed me to walk down straight to the cave and also allows me to go down to Vermilion City. Wot do?

JohnnyQuiz

Quiz Master
Years
Have managed to answer my own question, Alakazam, Gengar, Machamp, Golem, Cobat and Blissey are all getable without hacking, though I would advise giving them the soothe bell as they evolve quicker when holding it

Also add Bellosom Sentret and Furret to the non-Kanto findable list.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jan 9, 2015
I am still stuck unable to compete in my first match at the poke league. I went there after I was told by oak to do so. I have done the cubone event, yet the guard will not let me through to begin my first match. If anyone can please help me, that would be great

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Why is gary missing in pokemon ash gray?
He's missing from Grandpa canyon and I need the pickaxe to continue the story. Help me please.
P.S. : I evolved my pikachu by mistake and I don't know what should I do.

Years
I have a problem... I have caught the Bulbasuar at the secret village and The abandomed Charmander. Then I went down the path that you're supposed to fall down the hole and do the 'Here comes the Squirtle Squad' ep but it just allowed me to walk down straight to the cave and also allows me to go down to Vermilion City. Wot do?

as i remember .. use old rod in the lake just before the cave

Years
I am still stuck unable to compete in my first match at the poke league. I went there after I was told by oak to do so. I have done the cubone event, yet the guard will not let me through to begin my first match. If anyone can please help me, that would be great

To begin the Pokémon League, you must complete all the events at Mr. Hideaway, including the Giant Onix and Pokémopolis. Afterward, return to Prof. Oak's lab and speak to him.

Back