• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Unexpected file format' error when trying to open a game project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey guys whenever i click Game.rxproj i get an error 'Unexpected file format' meaning i can't edit my game. I'm able to load Editor.exe and Game.exe but not the main editor. How can i fix this? As i can't restart i've spent too much time on the game so far.;-;

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Hey guys whenever i click Game.rxproj i get an error 'Unexpected file format' meaning i can't edit my game. I'm able to load Editor.exe and Game.exe but not the main editor. How can i fix this? As i can't restart i've spent too much time on the game so far.;-;

Unfortunately this means that your data got corrupt and that you basically have lost the project.
    I hope you have a backup ;-;

What OS are you on ?
    if on Vista .... im sorry.... this will likely happen again..

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Os means operating system

You CAN recover your data though
    You have to go to whatever folder your game folder is on and right click it then select "restore previous versions", however this can only restore what progress you made the day previous to when your data got corrupt, but hey it's still something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starwolf39YT

Pokemon Laminite Developer
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2022
    I had that same problem too but i had a backup one in my SD card. Lucky me right?

Years
  • I had that same problem too but i had a backup one in my SD card. Lucky me right?

Hey there! Keep in mind this thread hasn't had a post for over a year now making it an inactive/dead thread. Try to avoid bumping topics this old in the future, and feel free to read through the forum rules for a list of what is/isn't permitted here if you need a refresher. :)

Thanks much! Aaaand thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back