• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV-training in Hacks

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
  • O hey,

is it already a topic like this somewhere? Please excuse-me for the inconvenience if it's the case.

I just had some reflexion about EV-training when I was having bad times in Mystery Man's Pokemon Kanto Black.

The basis idea was that I don't really like to roam on the roads I've already terminated just to find out some spot where EV yield is what I want (actually in this hack there's this one spot full of Audinos for HPs, but for the rest I did not manage to find).

I'm not hacking myself gen 3+ Pokemon games, so it's something I could not do by myself, but here's the thing :

- Some people make some Battle Resort events where you can use your strategy-battling skills and earn some good items (Pokemon Kanto Black but also the excellent pokemon Glazed).
    - Some people have EV-training facilities in their hacks (Pokemon Glazed again)
    - Sometimes one cannnot add EV-training facility easily

So why not give extra grass spots (an example is Sevii Islands' grass spots) where all that you can find are fully evolved Pokemon at lv.60+, all yielding an EV value in one unique stat.

Like this one could visit Atk Isle (Nidoking, Machamp, Shiftry), Def Isle (Poliwrath, Golem, Aggron), HP Isle (Nidoqueen, Clefable, Wigglytuff), and all dat.

Waiting for feedback :D

I can't imagine ever wanting to EV-train anything in a hack. I simply wouldn't waste the time when I could be continuing on with the plot. Unless the Battle Facilities are super creative and novel, I generally try them out once and then never do it again. I've seen the Battle Tower/Subway/Maison a thousand and one times. I don't need to see it again in a hack.

That said, I plan on covertly putting in some places in my hack where the player can very easily EV train if that is their cup of tea, as well as the ability to check and erase a Pokemon's existing EVs. They won't be labelled "Atk Isle" or something immersion breaking or horrible like that, but there will be areas (some floors in caves, particular grass patches in harder-to-reach areas, perhaps in a spot underwater) where the player will be able to efficiently EV train. I figure, just because I don't do it, doesn't mean I can't accommodate the players who do want to. I mean, GameFreak did with Hordes (which I use when training my competitive mons in AS).

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • I tend to do this in hacks anyway, just because I'm me. While I understand most others don't like doing it, I'm going to put the option in my hack anyway with EV specific routes/places somehwere in the guide portion.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • [...] They won't be labelled "Atk Isle" or something immersion breaking or horrible like that [...]

Oh well I guess you're right, strategy-mechanics in general tend to bore me as hell, but when there's a strategy-battling facility I always want to beat it ^.^

Back