• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sanctuare Region

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • reserving spot for eira to move <3333

edt: actually hold on a better idea has been had

Name: Muay
    Species: Infernape
    Role: Trainer
    Starting Location: Pash Harbor
    Summary: Muay is rather typical of an Infernape. He has a hot temper and is quick to fight, but he has had to learn to restrain himself recently. His primary fighting style is a blend of dancing and martial arts, honed by his first teachers and his Cerian coach. He had not expected to take on the role of a Trainer so soon, and relies heavily on his best friend Langley.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Chapter One: Riot

Half a year already. Six months since she had vanished.

Her athletes had become the Takers, frustration channeled into sweeping tournaments, the profits thrown directly into the search for their missing coach. Their missing friend. The Banded Teeth gave them direction in their lives, distraction from their mourning, but still they searched. The Takers turned Ceriah inside out- for nothing.

And then, there was Sanctuare.

The Pokémon Rights Act. The opening of borders. And recently, the tentative acceptance of Pokémon Coaches. A place beginning to feel like Ceriah…

And a lead.

--

Pash Harbor was unlike anything either of them had seen before. Cerian urban centers were primarily carved from the earth to use the sheltering ground above and the geothermal energy from below. Here, the massive utilitarian docks were clearly built to withstand the harsh coastal environment. Further into the city, towers of metal and glass could be seen within the urban sprawl, jutting higher than the incredible spectrum of rooftops. The open air made everything seem so vast- Langley wondered if all cities she had been to were actually this size, the true area concealed by the environment around it.

She turned to Muay to make such a comment but found him draped over the guardrail, clearly having just been sick. Again.

"Are you serious? We're not even moving anymore."

"Seafood doesn't agree with me," the limp Infernape whined. "Or seafaring. Or the smell of the sea. Or the water in the sea. I don't like the sea, okay?"

Langley rolled her eyes as she moved to disembark. "I'm sure our contact will be so impressed."

"Our contact is here to help us, not judge us." Muay grumbled.

"Doesn't mean they're not gonna judge."

Passing through immigration was much slower than it had been in Ceriah, despite the latter's tight security. It took nearly two hours until they were released onto the Pashian streets.

Muay checked his datapad. "Rendezvous point is a back-alley bar called The Skiff," he murmured as they walked. "Four city blocks west of here, then off the street."

"When did you learn the word 'rendezvous'? I'm kind of impressed."

"Shut up. Probably Visi. What'd you think about the immigration officers?"

"You sure you didn't look it up to seem smart?"

"No."

"No, you're not sure you didn't look it up?"

"Shut up, Langley."

The Pawniard laughed. "Immigration was just like Baryon said. All humans went through damn quick."

"Should probably take the advice about being inconspicuous to heart then, too."

"Yeah, your flames are totally easy to hide."

"I'll put on a hat," Muay responded dryly. "Turn right."

The street could barely count as such, narrow and winding as it was. Buildings shoved close together made for a continuous wall of shadowed doorways. They pressed in, eyes adjusting to the decreasing light level. Around the first sharp curve, a battered sign flickered. The silhouette of a boat surrounded the name of the bar.

The Skiff's door creaked as Muay pushed it open. The bouncer, a Machamp, gave them a slow glance. "Cerians?"

"Yeah?"

"Gotta learn to keep your head down if you're staying in Sanctuare. People gonna think you're 'getting ideas above your station'."

"Thanks for the note."

Langley stepped forward. "We're here to meet with someone called Riot."

The bouncer jerked his head. "Fourth booth."

It seemed empty as they approached, but the being sitting there shifted slightly and became, somehow, completely visible. Muay and Langley slipped into the seat opposite.

"Your name is Riot?"

"I am known as Riot."

"Baryon says you can to help us find Eira."

"I am well-versed in locating targets."

"You have a lead already?"

"Yes."

The conversation lulled. Though they had anticipated the Greninja's curt and noncommittal style of speech, it was still difficult for Langley to adjust to. If she was struggling, then Muay was having much worse a time. Good thing he wasn't the one talking.

"How will this partnership work?"

"What has Baryon told you?"

"You are a freelancer with ties to the Banded Teeth, who have an open request for information on Capoeirah's whereabouts. You responded that there is a data trail that brings her officially to Sanctuare five months ago. You, being familiar with Sanctuare, are to assist us with pursuing this trail and aid us to whatever end you see fit. Due compensation will be paid out when either party chooses to terminate the agreement."

Riot nodded, once. "That is as I understand it as well."

"Our cover here is as Coach and Athlete. Partially we find this a good reason to be in Sanctuare, and partially we believe that Eira will be paying attention to the sporting circuits. If you are to be with us, it may be beneficial for all if you choose to act as an athlete."

"I will consider it."

"Thank you. Here are our secure datapad codes. Contact us when you feel we are ready to begin."

Riot inclined his head. "Less than three days."

"We await your transmission."

Riot's calculating eyes followed them out of The Skiff for certain and seemed to follow them until they left the twisted street as well. Langley let out a breath she hadn't known she was holding as the tension quite obviously dropped from Muay's lanky frame.

"Three days!" he snorted. "He has the information and definitely has a plan already. Why make us wait?"

"Let him be in charge for a while. This guy's dangerous. 'Well-versed in locating targets'? That's assassin talk. Besides, vomit rocket, you should rest up anyway."

"You're never gonna let that go, are you?"

"Eh. Give it a month, I might get bored. Where's our hotel?"

"About two miles in. We should get moving; I don't think we want to be on the streets at night."

Ceriah had its share of gangs and common criminals, that was for sure. But never had Langley been afraid to walk on city streets during the night cycle, and never had the common human made her feel uneasy. Even now, she felt the glances, heard the murmurs. The thought of what it could become during the cover of darkness chilled her.

The Sanctuare Region
    Trainer Muay: Week of Dec. 20

+ Recruited Riot - Froakie lv 5
    + Recruited Langley - Pawniard lv 5
    + Trained Langley for +6
    The Sanctuare Region
    The Sanctuare Region

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Name: Skoro
    Species: Poliwrath
    Role: Trainer(However he doesn't know it at first)
    Starting Location: Winami City
    Summary: When he was young, Skoro was abused by his human trainer in an unknown region. Because of this, he attempted to commit suicide by starving in the ocean. That didn't work, and he landed on a very small island in the middle of an ocean. He grew up there, but was eventually forced out after many years after getting real kill threats from the other sea pokemon. He is wary to trust humans, but he still trusts pokemon.

The Sanctuare Region

Actions of the Week:
    ~ Recruited Bloo(Horsea)
    ~Trained Bloo(+6 levels, is now Level 11)
    ~Traveled to Varcana City

I AM SORRY FOR THE WAY THE STORY IS SHOWN. I TRIED TO MAKE IT LOOK FANCY AND IT'S MY FIRST TIME DOING THIS.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    PC Username: Mudkip
    Name: Phil
    Class: Ace trainer
    Biography (optional): eh, I'll do it later
    Pokemon: Breloom, Absol, Litwick, Altaria

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Oh, I forgot to copy/paste :p

Anyway, I already have a showdown account, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Name: Phil
    Species: Human
    Role:Trainer
    Starting Location: Archana city
    Summary:A human who hasn't paid much attention to recent events.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    one question: does moving 1 location use up 1 action, or can i move as far as I want with 1 Action?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    oh yeah, hold on, I gotta check the list.
    I would like to move to the route going to Liddia city (I can do that right?)
    I would like to attempt to find a Pokemon , Idk which ones are around here.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Ok.
    Move from Archana city to Liddia City
    Recruit Azurill lv. 5
    Train azurill (lv. 12 I beleive? It's fast level rate.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    (I do not have a nice little drawing at the moment due to technological inconviences, so sorry about that. May fix later.)

Actions: Week 3
    -Traveled to (1) Hazenda City
    -Trained Miss May +6 levels (level 11)
    -Trained Miss May +6 levels (level 17)

Bloo the Horsea: Level 17
    Ability: Sniper
    Moveset:
    -Bubble
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -Twister
    Miss May the Smoochum: Level 17
    Ability: Forewarn
    Moveset:
    -Pound
    -Sweet Kiss
    -Powder Snow
    -Confusion

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • The Sanctuare Region
    Trainer Muay: Week of Jan. 3

+ Trained Langley for +6
    + Trained Riot for +5
    + Trained Riot for +5
    > Riot has evolved!
    The Sanctuare Region
    The Sanctuare Region

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Aha I see! Thank you I shall just edit a training in instead :) Also look forward to a new chapter this coming week finally!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Ok, Evolve Azurill into marill,
    and then marill evolves into azumarill at level 18, so now I have an azurill :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Chapter Two: Minor Espionage

Being that Ceriah was highly advanced technologically, there was a significant percentage of the population whose lives were dedicated to manipulating data. Langley knew just enough of them to understand that no matter how exciting the intended result is, data manipulation is boring.

Muay, on the other hand, only knew Baryon. Baryon could make anything look cool. Riot didn't bother.

"Why do we have to be here for this?"

"He told you four times already. When Riot finds relevant files, he'll send them to our datapads for us to look through."

"Why can't he just do it?"

"All the changes in government made a mess of the records. He's doing the hard part of finding things even remotely relevant." Langley reiterated.

"I'm so bored that I'm considering wrecking my diet. At least snacking would be doing something."

Langley snapped, gently. "If you're just going to whine you can go up to the roof and keep watch or something. I don't want to hear it anymore. I can do all the scanning myself."

Muay opened his mouth to retort, then came to his senses and slunk off toward the stairwell.

Draping himself over the low brick wall edging the roof, Muay stared lazily at the street. Riot's temporary residence was an abandoned office building near the shipping docks. The four-story building's faded signage implied some old affiliation with a large corporation, but now it was solely a shelter for the underprivileged and unwanted. Humans and Pokémon alike darted in and out of his line of sight, furtively carrying out their daily plans.

An incongruous motion caught his wandering eyes. Six humans in uniform, marching two abreast down the narrow street. Denizens melted into the shadows as they marched, the street going from bustling to empty in the blink of an eye. The unit halted in front of building and Muay vaulted himself over the other side, swinging into Riot's third-floor window.

"Police," he barked, "coming in the main entrance."

Riot keyed a few commands. The screen went blank just before the computer was blown apart by a casual water pulse.

"Wh- didn't we need that?!"

"No."

"We know she went to Phenixa first. We were hoping to find more, but this is probably all there is." Langley explained as she tossed Muay and Riot their packs. "Riot, what's the best way out?"

"Rooftops."

A bang on the office door kicked them into gear, scrambling up the cinderblock exterior only to come face to face with a smirking officer.

"Drop!" yelled Muay. To the man's astonishment, the Pokémon simultaneously let go of their handholds and fell forty feet, cracking the brick paving below and dashing into the winding alleys.

And straight into a dead end.

"Look, Pokémon. We know how to conduct a raid. It's not hard."

Muay and Langley turned slowly. The mouth of the alley was easily blocked by two patrolmen. The one who had spoken was a quintessential sergeant, twirling a lit cigar as he eyed the pair. Muay raised his eyes toward the rooftops.

"Don't bother. We know how you people think. Rooftops are lined, building interiors are guarded, sewers blocked off, yadda yadda. We've done this before, guys."

Langley engaged her translators. Mid-range though they were, they were better than Muay's. "Why aare you chasing us? Whaat haave we done?"

"Oh! Cerians! My word, welcome to Sanctuare!" A ripple of ominous laughter echoed around them. "How has your stay been so far? Anything we can do to make it nicer for you?"

"You could let us go aabout our business."

"Or… or we could not. You see, sir, it doesn't matter where you come from. Sanctuare is a land of equal opportunity. Everyone has the same rights, and thus are governed by the same laws. Laws which we, as officers, must uphold."

"Which laaws aare you upholding right now?"

"Why, we are keeping the streets safe!"

"From whaa-" Langley was cut off by a heavy net knocking her and Muay to the ground. She slashed, Muay flamed, and a sharp electric shock ran through them both. The sergeant unclipped a wired communicator from his belt and raised his voice.

"Base, come in, this is Grisham of Squad 428! We're under attack- an Infernape and Pawniard! There's so much fire-" Sounds of striking matches preceded flames erupting from the rooftops, the officers responsible scattering quickly. "-the Pawniard's cutting wires, send back-" He clipped his communicator with a neat slash of his pocketknife, others following suit.

"Keeping the streets safe from you."

A heavy charge flowed through the net and with their Cerian enhancements working as conduits, Muay and Langley fainted.

---

Dingy, fetid cells. Certainly a basement. Definitely made to contain Pokémon.

"You just keep tryin', monkey boy. We had a few Golem beat it up real good last week. Got that cell done up real nice and tight now."

"Ju-ust le-et u-us o-out! We-e di-id n-oth-ing!"

"So they all claim. Well, would claim, if they all could talk like you."

"Ugh! Langley! Do something!"

"Do what? You've tried everything physical already. Let's relax and think for a moment."

"About what? About how there's no way out? How we can't break anything in here? How the writing on the wall says 'Shit Here'?"

"Do not shit here. There is enough."

Muay nearly gave himself whiplash. "Arceus!"

"No. Riot."

A panel in the wall popped open just enough to allow the Cerians to see Riot's red eyes. "Guard?"

"Just left complaining about Muay's shrieking."

"Perfect."

A grinding noise, and the panel swung outward, revealing Riot standing in what was clearly a sewer.

"How- what-?"

"Only cell used for Pokémon. Contractors used for repairs are pro-PRA. Hurry."

"How did you escape?"

"Experience."

"Couldn't you have warned us?"

"No time. Easiest way."

"Shit- our datapads-"

"Here." Riot tossed their packs over his shoulder as he led.

"You… you're good."

"Yes."

"Uh. Are we going to take the sewers all the way to Phenixa?"

"Perhaps."

"Ugh."

The Sanctuare Region
    Trainer Muay: Week of Jan. 10

+ Trained Riot for +5
    + Trained Langley for +6
    + Travelled to Phenixa
    The Sanctuare Region
    The Sanctuare Region

apologies for the lackluster prison sequence i will be rewriting that tmrw -3-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Sorry, I'm too lazy to write another chapter, hopefully I will in a couple of days and edit this post.

Actions: Week 4
    -Challenge Hazenda City(2 Actions)(Outcome: Loss)
    -Catch Glameow(M)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Actions: Week 5
    -Challenge Hazenda City gym (2 actions) (outcome: tbd)
    -If win, travel to 2.
    -If lose, train Glameow (+7?) Levels.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • FINE I WILL TELL MY STORIES LATER THEN

i have so many ideas about the life of free pokemon in sanctuare i wish more people would play with it ;; honestly I might just do the stories without training for a while maybe? once i get back to writing which SHOULD BE SOON

Back