• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Tribune Issue - 03./10/05

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    The Pok?Community Tribune

Hello, dear PC members. This is CC, editor of the PC Tribune bringing out our very first issue. All our staff had a hard time compiling the news from all over PC, but they enjoyed every single moment of it and I?m sure so will you. The PC Tribune is a fun newspaper, which is sure to increase your knowledge of PC every month.

Some of these articles may appear to be biased, but if you read them closely you will realize that they are not. Also as said above, this is a fun newspaper and all articles will be delivered to you in a nice way, which you will like. We are not a strict newspaper but one emphasizing on the Correct news and it?s proper presentation. We also do accept advertisements, so if you want your AD about anything here, PM me or any of the Assistant.Editors.

Hope you enjoy this first issue and feel free to post all your comments about it.
    This is our Headquarters PC Tribune ? Headquarters

Headlines
    PC?s tremendous server change
    New forums in PC​
    Protection from the Mock Election
    PC?s new Mods interview​
    Casting Thoughts
    March Birthdays​
    Valentines Day
    Art forum news​
    Game Spize​

From the editor?s stroke
    By Cool Cr@cker

Another month has just swirled past us and we claim to have learnt a lot in Fantastic February but have we? There were however a lot of events last month, which made us, look up, stare and even clap our hands. Exactly 7 members were given the honorable position of ?Moderator? and 4 were promoted further. Now we have 2 more wonderful members with access to the Admin CP. New forums were added last month. After popular demand the Webmasters Forum was re-organized, in a manner pretty similar to the re-organization of Rom-Hacking forums. Also a new happy birthday forum cropped up just to avoid Happy birthday threads in the Other Chat forum.

Last month PC saw a record number of threads, posts and events. I am very proud to tell that PC?s thread count is nearing 1 Million and you too can join the countdown HERE. February saw some amazing threads like the Presidentship threads(at least 5) and this time around mods are not allowed to run for PC presidents, a news which brought a sigh of relief to about 53 members. Another wonderful thread is the Bishounen thread located in Other Anime and Manga (though I clearly fail to see it?s purpose). Feb was just a splendid thriller for PC, which I?m sure every member enjoyed. I can even go and say that it?s the most exciting month in PC?s history. Perhaps march will be better? For now, all I can say is enjoy the wonderful articles in this newspaper and perhaps you can enrich
    Your knowledge about PC from this. Until next month

Adios ~ CC

Now you server, now you don?t.
    By Kyogre-Chan

Surely, a lot of you noticed all the server crashes early to mid February, right? Those were caused by some technical difficulties with the Pok?Community's previous host, and were quite a nuisance. Pages took several minutes to load, if they even loaded at all. Plus, occasional database errors occurred for users regularly all over the place. They showed no signs of letting up, so PPNSteve - the co-owner of PC - organized a server move.

Word spread quickly, as rumors started to pop up all over the place. After the new server was paid for, PC was temporarily closed. Steve made the switch perfectly and now, PC is running on the new server (with quite an impressive loading speed), and all is well.

Spring Cleaning=Forum Cleaning!
    By Kyogre-Chan

The Pok?Community staff members felt that certain forums were too messy. For example, Webmasters' Discussion needed to be re-organized, and Other Chat was flooded with birthday threads. After a discussion in the moderators' lounge, most people had agreed that it was a good idea.

So, Webmasters' Discussion received three new subforums - General Discussion, Webmasters' Resources, and Website Showcase; for general webmaster discussion, webmasters' resources discussion, and showcasing your website respectively. This was similar to the changes, which were done to the Rom-Hacking forums some months ago. Also, Other Chat received a new subforum - Happy Birthday. The name says it all, it's a subforum for birthday threads!

Visit PGS ? the best site in the whole net for all Pokemon, Rom-Hacking stuff​
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/Coolcracker/PGT1.bmp

PGS February Awards

Every month our staff will vote for the best threads in each catergory and PGT will give away some awards to deserving threads.

Hack of the Month ? Pok?mon :: Shadows of Eternity by blueguy

This is an excellent sapphire hack by blueguy. This hack was started very recently in January and blueguy has advanced a lot in terms of overall hacking. This hack features excellent maps and sprites and has also been awarded PC?s prestigious 1337 award. This is a very promising hack which surely deserves this award.
    Congrats blueguy and Shadows of Eternity

Role-Playing Game of the month ? Teen Titans Understudy2 by Joe_Johnson_Dk_Roy & dark_espeon[/b]

An amazing RPG that has been showing promise from it?s very start. Though the start appeared very noobish, the creators Joe & d_espeon picked up as soon some new members joined and this RP has been progressing very well with regular members even now. Though it was started only on Feb 21, it already has 10 quality pages thanks to good entries by all it?s RP?ers.
    Congrats Joe & D_E, this is one award Teen Titans Understudy2

Fan-Fiction of the month ? Katerina [Rated 14+] by Liquid Thunder

A really nice Fan-fic by LiquidThunder focuses on characters derived from real-life. The plot is excellent and LT has brought out each character well, though he could have gone into more detail about everyone. While reading this surely memories of someone you know will come to you. It?s an extremely realistic story which deserves this award. (It?s not completed yet but we were really impressed by the first few chapters). [It?s not for kids though so it?s not recommended for members under 14 or 15]

The Pokecommunity Member?s site of the month ? [url="https://pokelegends.eon-community.com/"]https://pokelegends.eon-community.com[/url] by Trikip
    An extremely good site by Trikip which is very neat. It has a good layout and some good content. Though lacking in content, it surely deserves this award, it is our site of the month. Congrats Trikip.

The Pokecommunity Club of the month ? The Asuna/Flannery Fan Club, Owner - darkgamerGS
    A cool club with around 48 members who are completely dedicated to Flannery. Good discussions on her goes on here and this thread has around 78 pages, a good achievement for a thread which started in September. So this gets our ?Club of the month? award. Congrats dear Flannery fans.

The Pokecommunity Thread of the month ? Layout Contest by PPNSteve

This is an amazing thread in the main Webmasters forum which is not open to members. It was actually opened by our Admin PPNSteve to get a new layout for his site and rewards were promised to the winner and runner-up. This is an archive all the layouts members have made for our Community site ? Pokemon Palace Network. All the layouts here are amazing and Steve is going to have a hard time choosing the winner. So take some time to go and look here.

Member of the month ? Miyu-Chan

Though she calls herself ?quiet and reserved?, she is an extremely wonderful member who posts are of very high quality. This month she has outdone herself, by posting even better posts all around the forums and has done an extremely wonderful job of Moderating Other Voting Polls. So Congrats Miyu and let more laurels come your way.

That?s all for this month?s awards folks. Catch this section next month with more catergories.

Protection from the Mock Election
    By Kyogre-Chan

It's that time again! The semi-annual election is back, and ready to break the records of the previous election! For those not familiar with the PC elections, the idea was originally thought up by Brittany (who, coincidentally, is the current President). Basically, the winner of the election gets their own usergroup with a colored name of their choice, a bigger PM inbox, a group title of "President", and their name on the forum leaders page. The runner-up gets all of the above, except with the title of "Vice President", and the winner chooses the runner-up's name colour.

There's a rather large discussion thread on the election, with more information, which can be found in the Announcements forum. Be sure to check it out sometime! We have an exact of 53 members standing for the elections.
    Here is that wonderful thread - https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31930&page=1&pp=25

Vote Trikip for PC President​
    https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/JirachiMaster/tk-for-pres-banner.png

New Mods - Interview
    By MegaDitto

Our ace moderation reporter MegaDitto went around PC last week asking some of the new mods, how they feel about getting this prestigious job of moderating one or more forums in one of the internet?s largest communities. Here are the some of the stuff he discovered.

Kyogre-Chan / Digital Phoenix / Aino Minako / Phoenix Zero (Anything I missed out) ? Moderator : Mixed Community Groups

MD : How do feel about being a moderator?
    I, personally, think being a moderator is great. It's so good to help out the community.

Do you deserve this position? Be honest!
    I think I do deserve my position, because I'm active, kind, helpful, amongst other things. I'll have to admit that Claire did a better job with Mixed Community Groups, however.

How were you when your received the golden PM
    When I read the PM, I was really excited, but calm at the same time. I guess it's because I've modded other forums in the past.

Just a pun ? Why do you keep changing ID?s
    I take great pride in my usernames, which is why I like to change it a lot.

Do you think an all-round mod like you will get the S-mod position next?
    I'm not sure about a promotion. It'd be pretty handy, but I don't think I'm ready for it yet.

Last, any word of advice for our PC wanna-be-mods
    For you people out there looking for modship, just keep trying. Keep being the active, helpful, kind members that you are, and it'll come eventually. Although, in my opinion, being a moderator isn't so great. Sometimes I really wish I hadn't become one.

Thanks a lot Tyler, for this cool interview and our community members have learnt a lot from you.

Kelsey, Moderator : New Users Welcome, Other Writing

Hi, I?m here from the PC tribune to interview you?
    Cool, an interview!! ^_____^

Did you think you would ever become a mod

When I first joined PC, becoming a moderator was the last thing I would have thought would ever happen. You see, I came from a forum where it was near impossible to ever be mudded. Over 200 members are online on a daily basis at that forum, so I never contemplated on becoming a mod. ^^;

Who is the closest person who has always supported your modding

Well, after a few months of making friends, posting in a few of my favorite sections of PC, and just having a good time; a dear friend of mine said I'd be a good mod. This person who told me so was LiquidThunder.

How did you end up in the OW

Well, after about two months of being a member to PC, I really took a liking to the Other Writing section. I adore poetry and writing stories in general.

What is your speciality
    I took up on reviewing people's work and helping them improve. ^^ I have to say I loved every minute of it. =D

When did you receive the PM
    Well, after about one full month of really being active in OW, I got a PM from Claire (DF dadragonz) asking if I'd like to become a moderator for New Users / Welcome and Other Writing. ^^

How did you feel?

I was overjoyed, I couldn't believe it was really happening. I was both shocked and joyous. ^___^ I kinda had a little feeling that I may one day be a mod, but I never expected it to actually happen. ^^

How does it feel to be a PC Mod
    So I was very surprised when I got the moderation PM. ^^ I felt so excited and honored to be a staff member of one of the largest Pokemon forums on the internet. <3

Thank you Kelsey for this wonderful interview and we hope you?ll bring laurels to PC as a mod.

Vote Kylie (Dark_Pikachu) for PC President​

Birthday Bonanza
    By Lady Pearl

An exact total of two hundred and fifty of PC?s fellow members are celebrating their birthdays in the month of March! If you plan to appreciate a certain member, feel free to create a birthday thread in the Happy Birthday sub-forum of Other Chat.

To our dearest guardians, let?s give a round of applause to all the moderators having a birthday in March! DarkMage31, an ex-mod, had his birthday on March 1st. Flaming Torchic and Kip-Kip celebrated their birthday on March 5th. Shadow, an ex-mod, celebrated his birthday on March 8th. PPNSteve, our mighty, lovely administrator, celebrates his birthday on March 14th with an unverified age. Rachel, or Flygon trainer, celebrates her birthday on March 18th. Congratulations, the following staff members!

We wouldn?t have a Pok?Community without our members! Let?s appreciate all our active members with our vast list : Metallika, digispirit virus, RagingDragon, Colette_The_Chosen, Hoshi, TyranitarDragonTrainer, Alexander the great v2, C.O.H., Moonlight Dreams, Lady of the Shadows, Tzuri17, DarkPegasus, Cowrie, Taki, HariyamaGuy, DarkLink, JennySkitty, Black Widow, beastmaster999, Naruto-kun, Latias428, ~Dark Angel~, :StarScreaM:, latias1994, Blade, pichugirl, protoman, PoKeSaFaRi, shinig charizard, ashley 03, Cooler Trainer, ~Rayquaza Freak~, bunnyp69, and >DarkM<!

Congratulations, everyone and many more wishes from the staff of the PC Tribune. Have a wonderful day!

Valentines Day
    By Cool Cr@cker

Our dear Pokemon Community celebrated ?Valentines Day? on February 14th with the same fun and frolic all events are celebrated. Approximately 4 threads were opened but only 2 survived till the end.

Many competitions were help in different parts of PC to commemorate this day of love and romance. Contests were held in the ?Other Poems? and prizes were to be given the best poem written and posted. Also banner, story and other contests were held and the results are still being counted by the mods who conducted them. You may expect the results pretty soon.

Art/Sprite Forum news ~ As you just expected
    By Castrainer

Nothing really new was expected at the Art Forum, other than the usual new Art threads. Actually, ?Hixi Ixians? Robot-Like Pok?mon Art is getting popular, as people request them very frequently - you should take a look too. MoonLight ? one of PC?s oldest mods is back, with new impressive art and her own amazing style, that you can't miss!

Now to the Sprites Forum, that has been flooded with Adoption and Chao Threads. If you ever wanted some for your signature, time to go there! Trainer Cards' popularity has been decreased a bit, but there are still a lot of T-card makers hanging around so it?s pretty easy to get one. Nothing much up there in the forums except that Casty(yes. Me) was modded there after long-time speculation.

Last edited:

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Game Spize
    By (Raven)

(Raven) is our games columnist who will bring to your thread-step all news, hot from the gaming world and also from PC?s Game Forums.

Gran Turismo is back for the PlayStation 2. The only thing to do in this game is to race cars, find cars, buy cars, try out cars, and drive them around predetermined tracks. Its highest rating is a 9.25,and it has great replay value. It is a really good game and must-have for you, if you are a GT fanatic. Also for the PlayStation 2(XBOX) is Lego Star Wars. The story for all three films unfolds through 18 of the most not worthy scenes. To bad you wont get to hear them talk, a decision was made not to use any voices. Rather, the toy characters will interact with each other through animations and some noises.

Now, to move on to the PC section, we have the new Age of Empires III, not much has been said about this game, but it will be released sometime in the fall.

For the XBOX (PlayStation 2), the new Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the sith game will be here soon (May). Players will have the chance to assume the identity of either the deeply troubled Anakin or his master Obi-Wan Kenobi.As of now, LucasArts has revealed that the game will take place on Kashyyyk, Coruscant, and two additional worlds. In total, players will work their way through 16 stages off against formidable opponents like Mace Windu, Count Dooku, and General Grievous. In all, this will be one of the best Star Wars games yet.

So that?s all folks for the new gaming news this month. I?ll be updating you about the latest games to watch out, next month.

Hereafter every single month, PC?s favorite Caster ?Castrainer? known as Casty will be doing a personal column in which he will be giving his thoughts about everything that takes place in PC. Enjoy this wonderful Column.

Casting thoughts
    By Castrainerl

At this last part of February, some new things happened to PC. About Modding, we have Composer of Requiems, getting the Graphics Forum, Castrainer (Me?!) at Home of the Sprites and Koinu-chan, at New Users/Welcome. Kudos to us!! Other news about this month ending is the Re-Organization of the Webmasters Discussion, with now a Sub-Forum Divising, which will be much better to find what things there! Talking about Sub-Forums, check out the new Birthday Forum!! And if you haven't looked yet, the Member of the Month Threads will not be stickied anymore, as it seems it isn't so popular like before... But nothing is just formed by news, so lets skip this part~ The 2nd PC President Elections are already starting, go take a look, or even run for President! Who knows you might get the job? -This Month was more news than any other thing, so next month we'll probably get something more, until there, See Ya~

So, that?s all for this month?s issue. Give all your comments, suggestions, complaints and any other feedback here. That?s all for this month?s issue so until next month

~ CC

Last edited:

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Thanks Kylie, Any more comments guys. This month's paper went too long. Next month's will be short and to the point but still sweet.

~ CC

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Awesome issue man! I think long issues are better. More fun in reading it!

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Thank you PGN, it's my first try editing articles. I've written stuff before though.

And DZ, I'm very sorry but If I had got any article from you, it would have been here too. I'm not lying.

~ CC

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Hey,thanks for putting my art thread in the news paper! Really appreciate it. This ought to attract more customers. ^_^

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Hiki Ixian said:
    Hey,thanks for putting my art thread in the news paper! Really appreciate it. This ought to attract more customers. ^_^

*cough*
    Yeah, thanks to mwe~ xD

Very Nice, CC! I knew it would be that way, so nice~
    *cant wait to write more Articles* o_O

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Wow, this is so neat! xD I <3 <3 <3 it. Including the fact that I'm this months member of the month. xD I'm just so honored! xD

n______________________________n *hugs the people who chose her*

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    You've all worked really hard on this ^^ great job everyone, i'm impressed ^^

Btw, you may wanna change kelsey's font in the interview -it's difficult to see on a light layout ^^;

Back