• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon of the Day - Dratini (163/???) [being remade]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
How would you improve Gogoat? What sort of additional ability, moves, or stat bonuses would you give it that would make it more viable in competitive play? For Pokémon that are already very viable for competitive play, what makes them so useful, and how would you balance them?

Gogoat should boast a much higher Speed stat, and must have a better ability. Both its abilities suck, and if Gogoat is a FREAKING GOAT, why isn't it fast?

Castform does not change its form in Fog or a Sandstorm. How would you design forms for these weather conditions?

Castform seriously needs a Sandstorm form. WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE A SANDSTORM FORM?! I started thinking, and I kinda realized Castform only changes form relating to the humidity. Harsh sunlight provides little water, and Rain and Hail provide lots. But it really needs one, which would be either Rock or Ground. For fog, though? Not sure...

Given Parasect's poisonous nature – and overwhelming aversion to Fire - if given the chance, would you change one of its types to Poison? If so, which of its existing types would you change?

I'd change it to Poison/Bug. My primary reason is that MUSHROOMS AREN'T PLANTS.

Did you record a sound for Chatter? If so, what sound did you do?

I think I was just messing with the microphone. XD

What did you think of the Chatot in the second Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles?

This Chatot just made Chatot a little less of a gimmick. He's a strict, bossy and borderline mean guy who forces you to go without a meal because of Team Skull. However I did like his past experience with Kabutops and the Omastar brothers. I kinda like Wigglytuff more than him, though.

pkmin3033

615 - CRYOGONAL

615Cryogonal.png

"They are composed of ice crystals. They capture prey with chains of ice, freezing the prey at -148° F."

Today's Pokemon of the Day is Cryogonal! One of the more bizarre Pokemon introduced in Generation V, Cryogonal is a mysterious hexagonal blue snowflake which preys on the unwary, making it the perfect metaphor for what happens when it snows heavily in certain countries. Even more bizarre is the fact that Cryogonal is the only genderless Pokemon apart from Mew that can learn Attract. In the anime, Cryogonal has appeared in minor antagonistic roles – even going so far as to inspire a villain, Cryogonal Man – and under the control of ice-type Gym Leader Brycen.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Cryogonal! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How do you think a Cryogonal is born in the first place?
  • What do you suppose would happen if it started snowing Cryogonal?

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
Years
Gonna attempt to catch up here again...

Magikarp
soinWPJ.png

I don't remember much of my opinions or usage of Magikarp in the past, other than, if anything, I saw it as a little silly, and I was definitely shocked to learn that it evolved into the beast that is Gyarados. (Honestly? I think I used to assume that Barboach evolved into Gyarados. Boy was I wrong...) Nowadays, I just can't hate Magikarp. I like its silly reputation, I like that what it lacks in physical power, it supposedly makes up for in environmental adaptability, and of course, I love that it evolves into a Pokémon whose power, potential, and intimidation (no pun intended) increase a hundredfold.

In my playthrough of Red on 3DS that I recently started, I bought the Magikarp from the salesman on Route 4 and named him Torien. I did this for the sole purpose of keeping it with me, levelling it up until it evolves into a Gyarados. I don't believe I've really done this before, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it now. He's been in my party ever since I got him, and I'm eager for this thing to evolve into a powerhouse Water type, and learn some good moves.

Oddly enough, I got a Holo Magikarp card from the boosters in the Celebi Generations TCG box I bought today at GameStop. Also, something I don't get: how come Goldeen's the dud/gag assist Poké Ball Pokémon in Smash Bros.? Naturally you'd think it'd be Magikarp, but I guess not.

Lanturn
G5CTUJf.png

Spoiler:

Gourgeist
HTcB5Y2.png

Spoiler:

Starly
yc7TMIt.png

I don't think I have any particular strong feelings for Starly, but I do remember it quite vividly around back when Gen 4 was just starting around here. Back then, me and my friends at my old elementary school would often play pretend games involving Pokémon (not just battling them, but also walking around with them, playing with them, etc.), and I particularly remember Starly being the first instance of those games involving a Sinnoh Pokémon. Reminiscing about those days just really takes me back... Anywho, I remember raising one in Diamond and/or Platinum, and I kinda remember the one Ash raised in the DP series anime.

Also, it's got a really interesting cry.

Entei
qNSWl9K.png

Spoiler:

Pikachu
a4UsJtH.png

Hope everyone had an awesome Pokémon Day! ^^

It sadly seems that it's a kind-of popular thing to dislike Pikachu nowadays, and while I can understand why, I just never hated the guy. It isn't quite in my top favorites, but it's not low at all, either. I haven't particularly ever used one much, but I never didn't want to.

Whether you love Pokémon or not, its iconic appearance must have showed up at one point or another in your life. Undeniably, Pikachu is one of the handful of Pokémon that I remember seeing in my earliest memories. I'm not quite sure about the story of why it was picked as the series mascot, if there is a story, but I've come to like Pikachu. It's difficult for me to think of any Gen 1 Pokémon fit for being as prevalent in Pokémon media and merchandise as Pikachu. Charizard is one of the closest that comes to me, especially since I remember also seeing it quite a bit as a kid. No matter what path of Pokémon you take, Pikachu will always be there, one way or another. And that's where I can understand people getting sick of it, but I honestly don't. It's adorable, it has- like I said before- a nice, iconic design, and I couldn't think of a better fit for a mascot than Pikachu, and I don't mind seeing it all over the place.

As you can probably guess, I like Ash's Pikachu in the anime, seeing it grow and mature along its devoted trainer and their unbreakable bond all throughout the years. I like Pikachu's older cry from the games. I'm not surprised that they replaced it with its traditional voice, but I'm a tad bit upset. Nevertheless, it's kind of a cool thing they did, especially nodding back to what Pikachu would do in Yellow version. As much attention and love Pikachu gets officially, the one thing they really can't do is give Pikachu a Mega form. As someone I heard a while ago said, Game Freak is probably kicking themselves for giving Pikachu an evolution. However, they probably gave it the adorable costumes in ORAS to make up for it. As for that particular Pikachu, I haven't used it in contests at all, I was much more interested in using other Pokémon I had. I'm currently raising one in Red version on 3DS to take on Misty's gym. As a small note, I mained Pikachu in Smash Bros. Brawl for a little while. And no, I did not spam Thunder all the time. :P

Pikachu is undeniably the most prolific Pokémon in existence, and I hope to see it stay as the series mascot, as well as one of the most iconic video game characters- heck- fictional characters in general, for many years to come. :)

Starmie
89vqddG.png

Spoiler:

Gogoat
5TGi0JK.png

Spoiler:

Castform
yPH6BAO.png

Spoiler:

Gonna wait and do the others tomorrow; it won't be nearly as much. :P

Years
diTnSoP.gif

How do you think a Cryogonal is born in the first place?
Apparently it's born in a cloud just like other forms of precipitation, though maybe there's some magical properties in the clouds that produce Cryogonal. With all of the other strange stuff that goes on in the Pokemon world, it wouldn't really surprise me!

What do you suppose would happen if it started snowing Cryogonal?
I think I would call in sick to work and stay inside if it started snowing Cryogonal. I wouldn't want to cross an angry one, and have it try and freeze me or something. It'd definitely be a sight to see, though.

pkmin3033

154 - MEGANIUM

600px-154Meganium.png

"Its breath has the fantastic ability to revive dead plants and flowers."

Today's Pokemon of the Day is Meganium! The fully evolved form of Johto starter Chikorita, Meganium is a sauropod with a flower around it's neck...pretty self-explanatory. Like many grass-type Pokemon of earlier generations, Meganium is described as a more docile species, exuding relaxing fragrances to calm its opponents...which, unfortunately, won't stop it from being clobbered in competitive battles. In the anime, Meganium has made several inor appearances, including being Casey's ace Pokemon despite not being black or yellow. Ash's Grovyle also fell in love with one during the Hoenn season.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Meganium! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What sort of fragrance do you imagine Meganium's flower having?
  • What do you imagine Mega Meganium will look like, assuming one is made?

Adam Levine

Years
How do you think a Cryogonal is born in the first place?

Easy: it was born of snow, and somehow Arceus accidentally spilled its life potion on it.

What do you imagine Mega Meganium will look like, assuming one is made?

I would imagine it as a dinosaur (preferably a brachiosaurus) with lots of flowers around it, and its antennae would blossom. Also it would look maybe a little less friendly.

pkmin3033

23 - EKANS

023Ekans.png

"Moves silently and stealthily. Eats the eggs of birds, such as Pidgey and Spearow, whole."

Today's Pokemon of the Day is Ekans! A purple snake that seems to draw inspiration from half a dozen different species – most noticeably a rattlesnake and a boa constrictor – the cleverly-named Ekans, originally exclusive to Pokemon Red, is most commonly found along earlier routes at a low level, and comes equipped with infuriating status-inflicting moves such as Glare. In the anime, Ekans was Jessie's first Pokemon, although it quickly evolved into Arbok when called upon to do so...and proved about as useful in battle as it had previously. An Ekans was also one of the members of Team Meanies in the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, serving as a minor antagonist of sorts.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Ekans! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Be honest – how long did it take you to figure out that Ekans was "Snake" spelled backwards?
  • Given the vicious nature of Spearow and their tendency to swam, how much success do you think Ekans have stealing their eggs?

Years
dQviGgN.gif

Be honest – how long did it take you to figure out that Ekans was "Snake" spelled backwards?
Not very long actually. I had (and still have!) one of the original Pokedex books as a kid, and that was the fun fact about it and Arbok. What I find just as impressive is that other languages do this to- some like German have their word for snake reversed, and others like Japanese and French use an anagram of boa.

Given the vicious nature of Spearow and their tendency to swam, how much success do you think Ekans have stealing their eggs?
I'd think that if they tried at night, Ekans should be pretty good at stealing eggs. In fact, compared to all of the other snake Pokemon, I'd say Ekans would be the best at it just based on its size.

Adam Levine

Years
Be honest – how long did it take you to figure out that Ekans was "Snake" spelled backwards?

Probably when I first saw it. I don't really remember much about my childhood.

Given the vicious nature of Spearow and their tendency to swarm, how much success do you think Ekans have stealing their eggs?

Ekans may have a bad time trying to eat Spearow eggs. Snakes and birds are natural enemies in real life, and in either situation one can win. But Spearow usually travels in packs, so they can just divebomb the Ekans easily.

pkmin3033

119 - SEAKING

600px-119Seaking.png

"In the autumn spawning season, they can be seen swimming powerfully up rivers and creeks."

Fuck yeah, Seaking! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Seaking! The evolved form of Goldeen, Seaking has often simply being that one Pokemon you might encounter whilst looking for something else, it being a fairly common sight Surfing along later routes or using higher level rods. It's Lightingrod ability, granting it immunity to electric-type attacks, is unfortunately insufficient to make it competitive in the face of its poor stats. Thanks to 4chan, Seaking is one of the few Pokemon that has ascended to internet meme status, for some reason. In the anime Seaking has never made any standout appearances, other than being used by Juan in his Gym Battle against Ash, and being of the Sensational Sister's many water-type Pokemon.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Seaking! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What do you think of Seaking's Meme? Have you ever made one yourself?
  • Which stats would you improve to make Seaking a more competitively viable Pokemon for higher tiers?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Seaking...I really don't know much about this Pokemon, I've never even used it before actually. I always thought it seemed pretty cool in the first couple seasons of the anime since there weren't many other options for water Pokemon. Looking at it now though, it has lost its luster

Question 1: I actually had to look up what the meme was since I had never seen it before. After going through a couple of the memes of it though I gotta say it is just so silly that it does bring a smile to my face when I see it lol

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Sigh, why am I always rating Seaking?

What do you think of Seaking's Meme? Have you ever made one yourself?
I dunno, I haven't seen it in a long while. XD but from what I remember it was alright.

Which stats would you improve to make Seaking a more competitively viable Pokemon for higher tiers?
I guess it's attack I guess, and maybe it's bulk. A mega should fill in nicely for it.

pkmin3033

374 - BELDUM

600px-374Beldum.png

"It converses with others by using magnetic pulses. In a swarm, they move in perfect unison."

TAKE DOWN! Today's Pokemon of the Day is Beldum! One of Gen III's pseudo-Legendary Pokemon, Beldum is appropriately rare, difficult to capture (possessing a catch rate of 3!) and one of the more popular competitive Pokemon...once it has reached its final stage, anyway. Despite being able to float using magnetic waves, Beldum does not have the Levitate ability for some obscure reason, opting for Clear Body (despite being opaque) or Light Metal (despite being 95.2kg for its 0.6m in height) instead. In the anime, Beldum was one of Morrison's Pokemon, which he eventually managed to evolve.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Beldum! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Beldum lacks blood. So, what do you think happens when you cut it?
  • Beldum is described as a robotic Pokemon, yet it was not man-made. How do you think it came to be?

Adam Levine

Years
What do you think of Seaking's Meme? Have you ever made one yourself?

It was a strange one, really. A bunch of people chanting a Pokémon's name was really hilarious.

Beldum lacks blood. So, what do you think happens when you cut it?

Same thing that happens when you cut a wire, I suppose.

pkmin3033

428 - LOPUNNY

600px-428Lopunny.png

"It sheds its fur twice a year. Its winter fur is soft and fluffy."

Today's Pokemon of the Day is Lopunny! The evolved form of Buneary introduced in Gen IV, Lopunny is rather infamous in certain circles for attracting certain types of fan artists. Despite this popularity, it failed to gain itself any sort of headway in competitive battling...at least until it received a Mega Evolution in Gen VI. Lopunny also makes an appearance as one of the members of the fabulous Team Charm in the second Pokemon Mystery Dungeon titles; old acquaintances of Wigglytuff who went on to get their own special episode in Explorers of Sky. In the anime, Lopunny has had two major appearances: one under the control of Nando, and the other under the control of Pokemon Stylist Paris.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Lopunny! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• What do you think of Mega Lopunny?? Is it something you'd use in a competitive team?
  • Lopunny vs. Diggersby: which is the superior bunny?

Years
BLWiN1B.gif

What do you think of Mega Lopunny?? Is it something you'd use in a competitive team?
I'm happy that Lopunny got a mega evolution, even if its design is a bit unfortunate. Then again, for a Pokemon based on Playboy bunnies, what more can you expect? And while I'm not a competitive battler, I don't think I'd use up my one mega slot on Lopunny, even though its attack increase is pretty good.

Lopunny vs. Diggersby: which is the superior bunny?
I'll go with Lopunny on this one, easily. Diggersby isn't that great of a Pokemon, and is one of my least favorite designs to come out of the 6th gen. But, seeing as it was Kalos' early game rodent Pokemon, it's not very hard to beat.

pkmin3033

576 - GOTHITELLE

600px-576Gothitelle.png

"It can see the future from the movement of the stars. When it learns its Trainer's life span, it cries in sadness."

Indoor plumbing. It's gonna be big. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Gothitelle! The fully evolved form of Gothita, introduced in Generation V, Gothitelle is, as her name would imply, modelled on the gothic lolita style of clothing. Its single-psychic typing and elegant appearance make it comparable to Gardevoir, although it is not quite as popular, not receiving a mega evolution in Gen VI...or quite as much fanart. Despite its Pokedex entry stating that it can see the future written in the stars – much like Mystic Meg, only perhaps with slightly less accuracy – in its first appearance in the anime it was shown projecting past events. In the anime, a Gothitelle also appeared under the ownership of Caitlin, giving a good account of itself against Cynthia's Garchomp.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Gothitelle! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• Unlike Gardevoir, Gothitelle did not receive a mega evolution in Gen VI. Would you like it to get one in the future? What do you envision it looking like?
  • Gothitelle is modelled after gothic lolita clothing. If you could give it an alternate appearance based on a different style of dress, what would you choose?

Adam Levine

Years
What do you think of Mega Lopunny?? Is it something you'd use in a competitive team?

It kinda looks like it came from Sonic. In battle, however, the thing's a freaking beast. Don't underestimate girl power.

Gothitelle is modelled after gothic lolita clothing. If you could give it an alternate appearance based on a different style of dress, what would you choose?

I'd like to choose the clothes an idol wears. It looks cool and glamorous, but nothing says glamorous like a pop star.

pkmin3033

241 - MILTANK

600px-241Miltank.png

"It is said that kids who drink Miltank's milk grow up to become hearty, healthy adults."

Rain and wind and weather, hell bent for leather, wishin' my gal was by my side. Today's Pokemon of the Day is Miltank! A seemingly innocent and docile cow-like Pokemon, Miltank inspired terror and frustration in an entire generation of Pokemon fans excited for the second generation with a single move, used repeatedly to slam through their teams: Rollout. Widely regarded as one of the most infuriating Pokemon a Gym Leader has ever owned, Whitney's Miltank was made even more of a nuisance in the second generation remakes via the added nuisance of Milk Drink, allowing it to recover its health along with rolling clean through your entire team. With it's infuriatingly high base defense of 105, Miltank is a Pokemon that doesn't go down easily either, making it quite the challenge for only the third Gym in the game. In the anime, Whitney's Miltank decimated Ash in similar fashion. Unsurprisingly, its other major appearances have been limited to farms.

Share your opinion, memories, and experiences of Miltank! As well as the general questions in the first post of this topic, here are some fun things to think about:

• How much trouble did Whitney's Miltank give you?
  • Have you ever used a Miltank yourself? Was it as devastating as Whitney's?

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Ah Miltank. It was probably the easiest when I used Chikorita, and that was the only way I beat her XD
I'd love to use Miltank someday, but my teams get filled up rather quickly with my favorite Pokemon. Maybe if I get a second Soulsilver :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back