The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Resource Bob's Customizable Pokemon Files

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Old June 19th, 2016 (5:25 PM).
Pure Bobsomeness

Nature: Jolly
    After posting a few resources of my own and looking at the feedback I received, I've decided to create this resource in the hopes of making something useful to hackers of every kind.

Welcome to my Customizable Pokemon resource! I know there are many 721 patches out there that have many impressive features, such as form changing and mega evolving, but they all have to be patched to a clean ROM. The following resource allows you to add every single Pokemon, including megas and gen 7 mons, into any ROM, no matter how much you've edited it previously (provided you have enough free space). This can be done thanks to many tools, such as PGE, D&D, and IPES/IPTS.

So yeah, basically I plan to release fully customizable Pokemon files that can be imported into any ROM through PGE, D&D, and IPES/IPTS (they will be released in the following formats: ini, pkmn, and trf.

What are the advantages of using this rather than patching a ROM, you may ask? Well...
    -It can be used on almost any kind of ROM, even edited ones
    -No need for a custom ini just for the patch (it can go along with whatever ini files you are using for your hack)
    -It's fully customizable! You can choose where to insert everything, and you can choose which Pokemon you need and which Pokemon you don't! That means no more unnecessary wasted space on Pokemon you don't plan on using!

I'll release a download soon, but I have a screenshot here of what I've got so far (these are for PGE) :

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 21st, 2016 (1:17 AM).
    The Mighty Hacker

Nature: Calm
      That is definitely better than a patch. Though they have their strengths, i would definitely pick this one over a patch. When do you estimate the release will be?
      Old June 21st, 2016 (10:59 AM).
      Pure Bobsomeness

Quote:
        Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
        That is definitely better than a patch. Though they have their strengths, i would definitely pick this one over a patch. When do you estimate the release will be?
        I'll probably release them one gen at a time, expect gen 4 to be ready by June 30th.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        Old June 21st, 2016 (3:12 PM).
        Accept no Imitations!

Nature: Bold
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Bobsomeness View Post
          After posting a few resources of my own and looking at the feedback I received, I've decided to create this resource in the hopes of making something useful to hackers of every kind.

Welcome to my Customizable Pokemon resource! I know there are many 721 patches out there that have many impressive features, such as form changing and mega evolving, but they all have to be patched to a clean ROM. The following resource allows you to add every single Pokemon, including megas and gen 7 mons, into any ROM, no matter how much you've edited it previously (provided you have enough free space). This can be done thanks to many tools, such as PGE, D&D, and IPES/IPTS.

So yeah, basically I plan to release fully customizable Pokemon files that can be imported into any ROM through PGE, D&D, and IPES/IPTS (they will be released in the following formats: ini, pkmn, and trf.

What are the advantages of using this rather than patching a ROM, you may ask? Well...
          -It can be used on almost any kind of ROM, even edited ones
          -No need for a custom ini just for the patch (it can go along with whatever ini files you are using for your hack)
          -It's fully customizable! You can choose where to insert everything, and you can choose which Pokemon you need and which Pokemon you don't! That means no more unnecessary wasted space on Pokemon you don't plan on using!

I'll release a download soon, but I have a screenshot here of what I've got so far (these are for PGE) :
          Been too busy to do this myself but glad someone is at least attempting this. Could you try having the inis numbered? It will make it so people can just use the import all button.

The new home for ROM Hacking!
          Old June 21st, 2016 (5:47 PM).
          Pure Bobsomeness

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
            Been too busy to do this myself but glad someone is at least attempting this. Could you try having the inis numbered? It will make it so people can just use the import all button.
            Sure thing

Old June 22nd, 2016 (12:37 AM).
            The Mighty Hacker

Nature: Calm
              Thanks for replying! I wish you god luck. =)
              Old July 9th, 2016 (5:17 AM).
              Taiyoh!

Nature: Hardy
                Will this add all pokemon or do this

Imported on Pokemon

Movesets, Stats. etc changed to meet Pokemon from different GEN?

Good luck though..

Quick Reply