• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen POKEMON ORAS PLAYTHROUGH

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
Years
  • [CSS-DIV="WIDTH: AUTO; PADDING: 30PX; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: URL("https://s31.postimg.org/5sgqwc263/MAPORAS.png"); BACKGROUND-SIZE: CONTAIN; BACKGROUND-ATTACHMENT: FIXED; BORDER: 2PX SOLID #000;"]
    [CSS-DIV="MARGIN: AUTO; WIDTH: 75%; PADDING: 20PX; BACKGROUND-COLOR: RGBA(255, 255, 255, 0.8); BORDER: 1PX SOLID #000; BORDER-COLOR: RGBA(0, 0, 0, 0.6); FONT-FAMILY: COURIER; FONT-SIZE: 15PX; LETTER-SPACING: -1PX;"]

[CSS-DIV="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 20PX; LETTER-SPACING: -11PX; FONT-SIZE: 125PX; LINE-HEIGHT: 125PX; FONT-FAMILY: IMPACT;"]ΩRαS
    PLAY-THROUGH[/CSS-DIV]

[CSS-DIV="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 40PX; FONT-SIZE: 25PX;"]CURRENT PROGRESS: DYNAMO BADGE (WATSON)
    DEADLINE: JULY 1st[/CSS-DIV]​

Hello and welcome to the official thread for our un-official play-through of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I, along with several other members of our humble community, will be playing through these games from start to finish, battling against each other after every gym along the way! We've already started, but we're currently accepting new applicants. If this sounds like something you'd like to try, check out the rules below and maybe sign-up!

[CSS-DIV="MARGIN-TOP: 40PX;"]CURRENT PLAYERS[/CSS-DIV]

Here is a list of players currently participating in this play-through:
    AVAILABLE FOR BATTLE / UNAVAILABLE FOR BATTLE

Spoiler:

[CSS-DIV="MARGIN-TOP: 40PX;"]RULES[/CSS-DIV]

We've come up with a set of rules to follow as a group, just to balance everything and keep things fair. Please read before signing up for the play-through.

Spoiler:
    This is a relatively lenient and straight-forward set of rules, and we're not gonna kick you out if you accidentally break one or two. But if you really can't follow them and choose to purposefully and repeatedly go against them, you're gonna get booted because no one's gonna wanna play with ya… pretty simple.

[CSS-DIV="MARGIN-TOP: 40PX;"]REGISTRATION[/CSS-DIV]

To sign-up, simply reply to this thread or send me a private message. I don't need too much info, but to make things easier it would help if you used this simple form:
    Code:
    [B]IGN:[/B] (your in game name)
    [B]FC:[/B] (your friend code)
    [B]Starting Pokemon:[/B] (the Pokemon you're going to start with)

And that's about it, ladies and gentlemen. Hopefully we've convinced you to try this out with us! Thanks for stopping by the thread... see ya in Hoenn! :)

[/CSS-DIV]
    [/CSS-DIV]

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Edit:
    IGN:
    Reznick
    FC: 4270-4981-7313
    Pokemon:
    -Treecko (Beezley)
    -Ralts (Ronny)
    -Wingull (Guliver)

I think I'm cementing these pokemon as my three main battling pokemon for now. I like their type spreading and at the moment they work together pretty well. There's no unique features to them nor am I attempting to EV train them at the moment. I just got to Rustboro where the first gym is (I guess I really did overestimate how much time I would need to progress :P), I'm not quite ready to take it on but I might challenge the first gym either late tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    IGN: David
    FC: 0877-1218-2190
    Pokemon: Turtwig (Wiggy), Zigzagoon (Bandita), Beautifly (Cabbage)

Last edited:

stzy

Years
  • Info is already on the list but I figured I might as well post it :p

IGN: Devon
    FC: 5387 1776 4730
    Starting Pokemon: Torchic

Also just caught a Lotad (Deez Nuts) so she's gonna go in my party.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • EDIT
    IGN: GreenLegend
    FC: 5043 3200 0385
    Starting Pokemon: Torchic (BBQChicken)

Also just caught a Taillow (Ruffles) and she'll be heading straight into my party!

Just caught my 3rd pokemon, Shroomish (Shiitake)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    IGN: BlackTalon
    FC: 3196 5604 7930
    Starting Pokemon: Treecko (Epsilon) I started with Mudkip in my previous walkthrough and fire types bore me :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Quick question, are we allowed to catch pokemon to use in the campaign but not use in the weekly battle?

stzy

Years
  • Quick question, are we allowed to catch pokemon to use in the campaign but not use in the weekly battle?

Absolutely! The restrictions only apply to your "party" Pokemon, and in this case, "party" just means the Pokemon WE (us here on PokeCommunity) use to battle each other. Feel free to use whatever Pokemon you want for story-content or HM slaves.

Also, quick question: how would everyone feel about changing the Pokemon lock to after every badge? So for example, you could catch an entire new team of Pokemon after every badge. Maybe make the max amount of Pokemon three?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Absolutely! The restrictions only apply to your "party" Pokemon, and in this case, "party" just means the Pokemon WE (us here on PokeCommunity) use to battle each other. Feel free to use whatever Pokemon you want for story-content or HM slaves.

Also, quick question: how would everyone feel about changing the Pokemon lock to after every badge? So for example, you could catch an entire new team of Pokemon after every badge. Maybe make the max amount of Pokemon three?

This all sounds fine to me. I have my team of three currently which were edited into my first post on this thread.
    I've caught a ton of pokemonm but even in the game I'm only keeping my team of three since they are kind of the only three pokemon that work in my team at the moment. I do like the idea of being allowed to swap our teams after each badge if we want.

I have finished acquiring the first gym badge this morning, so I'm ready to fight anybody who is also ready. My pokemon are all level 17 currently. I was going to grind them to 20 and then stop, as per the rules.

stzy

Years
  • Alrighty, I switched up the rules a little. Changed the 3 Pokemon before the 4th badge thing to:

"you may only have three Pokemon in your party. Before we begin each section (after obtaining a badge and battling), players will have the opportunity to switch out Pokemon in their party for different Pokemon. You may choose any Pokemon so long as it/they fall(s) within the restrictions, but you may only do this once per section, and only at the beginning."

Sound good for everyone? Honestly if something is bugging you let us know! We all wanna have a good time.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • That does sound good, but surely we still need to have a time when its 6 Pokemon in the party!

Also I'll battle anyone who wants to after I sleep.. Considering it's 3am and I haven't had any shut eye yet lol, talk later!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    That does sound good, but surely we still need to have a time when its 6 Pokemon in the party!

Also I'll battle anyone who wants to after I sleep.. Considering it's 3am and I haven't had any shut eye yet lol, talk later!

We unintentionally have two active threads about our playthrough and because we're trying to make this thread the main one, we made this thread after the first thread we were using, and we had established a few rules in the other thread that we forgot to write down in this thread.
    First thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=370855

In this thread, Jim had established this rule, "...you may only use 3 Pokemon in your "battle" party until the 4th badge, at which time you may capture up to 3 more Pokemon for your party."

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    We unintentionally have two active threads about our playthrough and because we're trying to make this thread the main one, we made this thread after the first thread we were using, and we had established a few rules in the other thread that we forgot to write down in this thread.
    First thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=370855

In this thread, Jim had established this rule, "...you may only use 3 Pokemon in your "battle" party until the 4th badge, at which time you may capture up to 3 more Pokemon for your party."

Will the battles after the 4th gym be 6 pokemon single battle or a 3 pokemon single battle with 6 pokemon to choose from?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Will the battles after the 4th gym be 6 pokemon single battle or a 3 pokemon single battle with 6 pokemon to choose from?
    I actually have no idea. I don't remember us talking about it before in either of the threads.
    I just reread all of the posts in the other thread and the closest answer I could find to what you were asking was: "...challenges are fought in single battle format."
    I'm not sure if that answers the question(I'm super new to playing this game if you haven't seen previously), but if not you should just ask Jim himself. If my opinion helps towards setting the rule, I would prefer to play with my entire 6 pokemon team (not just 3 out of the 6) by the time we get to badge four, but until then we should only play with 3.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Hey guys!

I updated my original post with my first team but not sure if I need to grind? Does the wifi battling system auto-level our 'mons to 50?

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Hey guys!

I updated my original post with my first team but not sure if I need to grind? Does the wifi battling system auto-level our 'mons to 50?

I don't believe so Arrow, there are different settings for wi-fi battling if I remember correctly so I believe we will be fighting with our pokemon as is.

Back