• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen POKEMON ORAS PLAYTHROUGH

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
Years
  • Hey guys sorry about the confusion, I'm totally getting ahead of myself and screwing things up lol. Let's stick with 6 Pokemon after the 4th badge, because that seems to be what we all want :) I added everyone's Pokemon to the list, if I forgot something let me know!

stzy

Years
  • That does sound good, but surely we still need to have a time when its 6 Pokemon in the party!

Also I'll battle anyone who wants to after I sleep.. Considering it's 3am and I haven't had any shut eye yet lol, talk later!

Are you still just using Torchic bro?

And I'm gonna add an "available/unavailable" section to the list of players so it's easier to see who's ready to go!

EDIT: Nvm GreenLegend I saw your other post! Sorry I missed it. If it's not too much trouble, from now on, can we just make a new post whenever we catch a Pokemon to add to our party? I'm subscribed to the thread so I'll get a notification, and I tend to miss it when it's just edited in. Thanks guys!

I promise I'll be good to battle by tomorrow, a lot going on irl but always time for Pokemanz y'all.

Last edited:

danica

water fairy !!
    Years
  • hey guys! i actually replaced my two current pokemon with millie the ralts and quinn the shroomish (and i also added sedona the zubat!)

i'm also still available to battle all of tonight and tomorrow!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    I'm a bit concerned about our level caps for the rest of the game :/ if they stay as they are then the rest of the game will be a cakewalk after we grind to level 40 after the third gym. It's an awful lot of grinding and makes the actual playthrough less fun.

Can I suggest the following:

Stone badge: 15
    Knuckle badge: 20
    Dynamo badge: 25. Etc in 5 level increments

This leaves us at level 50 for Wallace and his team is max level 46 or something like that.

I know people are already ahead of the first gym now (myself included although I got the first badge with a level 15 and 2 level 10s) but thought it would be an easy way to stop an incredible amount of grinding for the rest of the playthrough :/ . What do you guys think?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm a bit concerned about our level caps for the rest of the game :/ if they stay as they are then the rest of the game will be a cakewalk after we grind to level 40 after the third gym. It's an awful lot of grinding and makes the actual playthrough less fun.

Can I suggest the following:

Stone badge: 15
    Knuckle badge: 20
    Dynamo badge: 25. Etc in 5 level increments

This leaves us at level 50 for Wallace and his team is max level 46 or something like that.

I know people are already ahead of the first gym now (myself included although I got the first badge with a level 15 and 2 level 10s) but thought it would be an easy way to stop an incredible amount of grinding for the rest of the playthrough :/ . What do you guys think?

Well personally, the grinding wasn't all that bad for me, in fact most of the grinding I was doing was based on me playing around with the "DexNav"(which is totally freaking awesome by the way!), so the grinding was mostly an after thought. I was actually tracking a pokemon to complete my DexNav area when my team pokemon hit 20. So I placed them in the box to wait for you guys and continued grinding with different pokemon to try to find that pokemon to complete my DexNav(Seriously it took me forever to find Geodude and Goldeen!). lol

I can understand if maybe it might bother a few people if it is grinding for them... so I guess I wouldn't care if it was changed, but I feel fine with how it is now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I believe we should change the level cap to be relatively close to the gym leaders strongest pokemon (in increments of 5.

Rustboro Gym: level 15
    Dewford Gym: level 20
    Mauville Gym: level 25
    Lavaridge Gym: level 30
    Petalburg Gym: level 35
    Fortree Gym: level 40
    Mossdeep Gym: Level 45
    Sootopolis Gym: Level 50
    Then one final battle after beating the Pokemon league: Level 60-65

This basically agrees with LivingArrow but I just laid out all the caps. Although with our current rules of a level 20 cap after Rustboro, we could increase the caps by 5 so we can still use our pokemon during the next step.

Rustboro Gym: level 20
    Dewford Gym: level 25
    Mauville Gym: level 30
    Lavaridge Gym: level 35
    Petalburg Gym: level 40
    Fortree Gym: level 45
    Mossdeep Gym: Level 50
    Sootopolis Gym: Level 55
    Then one final battle after beating the Pokemon league: Level 60-65
    Thoughts?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I want to add a Ralts named Psi to my party.

EDIT: Question: are we battling each participant or just one per badge?

Last edited:

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • I agree with changing the level cap and was thinking about the amount of grinding that would be had over the coming weeks lol

stzy

Years
  • Ok I read through everything and that makes a lot of sense. I never actually really thought about it that way, to be completely honest. But I think you guys are right, having level 40 Pokemon by the third gym would make actual in-game content pretty boring, and that's not what we're aiming for. It is also a lot of grinding. I'm just realizing now that we should have started at level 15 and done increments of 5, as Arrow suggested. That way, our Pokemon would have only been a few levels above the gyms leaders strongest Pokemon at all times (sometimes matching!). I ****ed it up lol... I think I have an idea though. What if we change Wattson's (3rd badge) level cap to 25, and increase by 5 from there. That way, we won't have to use different Pokemon to avoid over-leveling through the in-game content before Brawly, who's level cap would still, also be 25 :p So basically it would be something like:
    • Stone Badge (Roxanne): up to level 20 (14)
    • Knuckle Badge (Brawly): up to level 25 (16)
    • Dynamo Badge (Wattson): up to level 25 (21)
    • Heat Badge (Flannery): up to level 30 (28)
    • Balance Badge (Norman): up to level 35 (30)
    • Feather Badge (Winona): up to level 40 (35)
    • Mind Badge (Liza and Tate): up to level 45 (45)
    • Rain Badge (Wallace): up to level 50 (46)
    • Elite Four: up to level 55
    The levels in brackets are those of the gym leader's highest level Pokemon. Would that work for everyone? I know that's not ideal... I'm just trying to think of a way to avoid any back-tracking or restarting, because I know most if not all of you already have the first badge (I'm slacking). I'm open to any ideas, like I said this is my first time trying this... sorry I screwed it up everyone, I was thinking from more of a competitive aspect and I thought, 'what better level cap than the game's actual level cap', and I guess I never thought it through well enough :s

I'll be ready to battle after work today. I'll just get to level 20 if that's where everyone's at for now. And danica about your Pokemon swap, have you battled anyone yet? I thought we were only swapping after we battled everyone? I don't care either way and if everyone feels the same then I'll change your Pokemon, but if that's the case we might as well remove the restriction regarding when you can swap Pokemon... which works for me too, just wanna see what everyone says. I wish I was more organized and could provide everyone with a good set of rules that worked but it's my first time doing this. Sorry for the screw-ups! Has anyone done any battles yet?

Last edited:

Swithdas

Years
  • All sounds good to me, and now I'm 100% ready and keen for some battles so please before i forget/fall asleep, hit me up for a battle :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    Don't be hard on yourself Jim - we're just thankful someone took the reins in the first place :)

I like your proposals - I need to grind a little but should be ready for battles tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    See my post Jim, the champion of the Elite Four's highest pokemon is level 59 so I don't want to impose a cap that would make battling the elite four too challenging. I thought a level cap of 60-65 would be better.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Edit: Ready for battle! It is currently 6pm (I'm central US). I will be ready from 9pm-2am or so. Let me know, I have added all of you into my friends list on my DS.

Last edited:

stzy

Years
  • See my post Jim, the champion of the Elite Four's highest pokemon is level 59 so I don't want to impose a cap that would make battling the elite four too challenging. I thought a level cap of 60-65 would be better.

Oops, my bad I didn't even edit the Elite Four's level cap XD but yeah, that's perfect!

I'm almost ready to battle, just got home from work20 mins ago. I'm in the same boat as most of you; level grinding :x This is actually bullshit I'm earning like 49 xp per battle... I definitely shoulda thought a little harder about this. Thanks for the positive words though Arrow :) So yeah I'm not level 20 yet but if anyone wants to battle, I'm down I guess. My strongest Pokemon is level 18. I also caught a Taillow last night, just didn't have access to the computer to post (gf watching chic shows).

stzy

Years
  • I've also added everyone's Pokemon to the list, including your danica! Personally though, I'd like to refrain from "swapping" Pokemon in-and-out of our party's until after we have the current badge and have finished battling. But again, it's up to everyone so please, if you disagree let me know.

Swithdas

Years
  • Alright its 9am over here in Australia, so I'm ready to battle anytime that anyone wants to in the next 12 hours! I guess I'll also add you all to my friends list on my 3DS to make it easier :)
    Also when you add my friendcode my name will be Zessfar56 or something like that, dont ask me why I was just a weirdo when I first got hold of my 3DS

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Alright I got home a few minutes ago, and I just registered all of you into my friends list. I am available now until probably midnight pacific time. Hit me up! :D

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Alright its 9am over here in Australia, so I'm ready to battle anytime that anyone wants to in the next 12 hours! I guess I'll also add you all to my friends list on my 3DS to make it easier :)
    Also when you add my friendcode my name will be Zessfar56 or something like that, dont ask me why I was just a weirdo when I first got hold of my 3DS
    Hey dude! Nice fight! You kicked my butt! lol

Back