• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Hack Series: Pokémon SunGold & Pokémon MoonSilver

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hey,
I created a patch of Moonsilver with the 6th gen typchart. the rom boots but if this have an error or not idk. you guys need to test it yourself. http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/Bk0Ce5IY/file.html
The ghost type is a bit incorrect actually. Dragons are now resistant to ghost moves and the Dark type loses ots ghost resistance. Overall, great patch. Two changes are easier to remember than many.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 5, 2016
Hello, can anybody upload me a patched Moonsilver rom, i have tried every rom i could find on emuparadise but it always give the message "wrong check sum", a little help here would be nice

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Still waiting....
And you're probably gonna keep waiting.

It seems pretty clear the the OP's hack is meant to add a twist to the base HG/SS experience that makes it fresh for people who've already played through them. The person you quoted is asking for something significantly different from what this hack is offering. But for you to come in and take that request as some sort of confirmation that anyone has intentions to make that happen? To expect someone to make this for you, the poster you quoted, or some other person before anyone else even acknowledges the request in some approving way? That comes off as awfully entitled.

If you want this to happen so badly, how about you not act impatient about others not doing this outside of their own interests and just do it yourself?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
And you're probably gonna keep waiting.
The person you quoted is asking for something significantly different from what this hack is offering. But for you to come in and take that request as some sort of confirmation that anyone has intentions to make that happen?

someone (GamingAori) has provided a moonsilver patch that retains the vanilla typing chart in the previous page. and people have responded positively to it.
it shows that there is demand for this kind of thing.
maybe you can remember that drayano did provide vanilla patches to go along with his original sacred gold hack?

arguments like "just do it yourself lmao" is stupid. might as well just scrap this entire forum then, no need to share hacks or anything if everyone can do anything themselves. is it wrong to offer suggestions? "still waiting" does not equate to demanding things. especially when the author has seemingly yet to respond to this kind of queries.

also OP quoted..

If you've played this, I'd love to receive your feedbacks and ideas to make the game (or maybe future hacks) better. Don't hesitate to post your comments!
you want feedback? how about making a vanilla patch (just like drayano's) with no modifications to typings/moves other than fairy typing and difficulty raise. but seems like author doesn't even want to acknowledge this. then whats the point of the above quote.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
someone (GamingAori) has provided a moonsilver patch that retains the vanilla typing chart in the previous page. and people have responded positively to it.
it shows that there is demand for this kind of thing.
maybe you can remember that drayano did provide vanilla patches to go along with his original sacred gold hack?
I never said that there wasn't demand for that kind of hack in general. I suggested that there doesn't seem to be demand for it in this thread. It's cool that there's an audience for that kind of thing. This (probably) has no bearing on what the OP will do or wants to do, though.
arguments like "just do it yourself lmao" is stupid. might as well just scrap this entire forum then, no need to share hacks or anything if everyone can do anything themselves. is it wrong to offer suggestions? "still waiting" does not equate to demanding things. especially when the author has seemingly yet to respond to this kind of queries.

You don't seem to understand what the point of the ROM Hacking part of the forum is. It's twofold: Hackers come here to learn, make hacks, and discuss technical aspects of them. The general public comes to play them and share their opinions on them. There is no "make my request happen" part of this forum unless someone specifically makes a thread for that purpose.

I'll admit, when you post something as short and non-specific as "still waiting," that can mean several things. Given this context, though, it's clearly coming from someone who's impatient about something that doesn't even really matter in the grand scheme of things. At best, that poster just wants to know if the OP has any comment on it. In that case, there's much, much better ways to phrase that kind of intention. At worst, it's modern-day entitlement in full force.
you want feedback? how about making a vanilla patch (just like drayano's) with no modifications to typings/moves other than fairy typing and difficulty raise. but seems like author doesn't even want to acknowledge this. then whats the point of the above quote.
It's fine to give feedback and suggestions for a hack. It can help with shaping future releases for the hack. But you eventually reach a point where suggestions go beyond what the hacker wants to do. At the end of the day, hack creators only need to make hacks for one person: themselves. They're likely to take recommendations into consideration, but that doesn't mean that all of them — or any, for that matter — will be implemented.

In this case, though, I have no idea if the last part of your post is in response to me or the OP. If me, then it's because I have no interest to do something like it. That appears to be the same for the OP, but I can't say for sure. If you're directing that at the OP, then your expectations are pretty unbounded, maybe even unreasonable. Keep your expectations in check when giving suggestions.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2016
I'll admit, when you post something as short and non-specific as "still waiting," that can mean several things. Given this context, though, it's clearly coming from someone who's impatient about something that doesn't even really matter in the grand scheme of things. At best, that poster just wants to know if the OP has any comment on it. In that case, there's much, much better ways to phrase that kind of intention. At worst, it's modern-day entitlement in full force.

Oh gods, why did you think so much? My "still waiting" means I will show respect if anyone make the vanilla version. Walnut's SGMS version is great, but it would be better if there're vanilla version for those who don't want to relearn the type chart.

Btw, I think you really, really need a rest. Take it easy, don't think too much.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2016
As I've said in the first post, SunGold doesn't carry the changes (such as evolution methods, events) from Drayano's hack. Only MoonSilver has all those changes.
That means, in SunGold, some pkm have to be traded to evolve, like in the official games.
Sorry for not saying this more clearly in the first post.

Why don't you make a thread on poke-mega.org? I think it is somewhat weird when you post you hacks on international pokemon community but not our national pokemon community...

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
I never said that there wasn't demand for that kind of hack in general. I suggested that there doesn't seem to be demand for it in this thread.

then you didn't read the previous pages.

The general public comes to play them and share their opinions on them. There is no "make my request happen" part of this forum unless someone specifically makes a thread for that purpose.

and what makes you think "share their opinions" is separate from "make my requests happen"?
and its not like the request is completely absurd,insensitive or demanding that require intensive effort or time.
of course if the author doesn't want to do it for some reason then its fine. theres no need to shit on people providing their opinions or suggestions, just because of your subjective opinion of what is acceptable or not.

I'll admit, when you post something as short and non-specific as "still waiting," that can mean several things. Given this context, though, it's clearly coming from someone who's impatient about something that doesn't even really matter in the grand scheme of things. At best, that poster just wants to know if the OP has any comment on it. In that case, there's much, much better ways to phrase that kind of intention. At worst, it's modern-day entitlement in full force

some users are non-native english speakers, so they may come across as abrasive when they really aren't

In this case, though, I have no idea if the last part of your post is in response to me or the OP. If me, then it's because I have no interest to do something like it. That appears to be the same for the OP, but I can't say for sure. If you're directing that at the OP, then your expectations are pretty unbounded, maybe even unreasonable. Keep your expectations in check when giving suggestions.

its for the OP. and refer to the 2nd part of this response.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
then you didn't read the previous pages.
Fair enough. I usually only bother to read the first few pages and the most recent page of a thread. This time I spent some time to read the whole thread, and it's changed my tune...

I stand by my point saying that the OP is free to make the decisions he wants to make with this hack. A more vanilla version is clearly far and away against what he's trying to do here. At the same time, though, any sort of acknowledgment about this repeated request would be reasonable at this point. But he hasn't. In fact, it seems like he's actively dodging the question. He even quoted someone's post mentioning it and didn't bother to directly respond to that part of it. He made statements regarding type changes in his next hack, but he said nothing about an alternate patch for this set of hacks.

I can now see why some people up in this thread are frustrated. Silence is deafening, and it can do more harm than a response that goes against what you may hope for. Some people really need to realize that. Sean Murray, I'm looking at you.

Also, it looks like the new poster I blasted out can type in decent-enough English. I'm guessing you typed out your response before he sent his own out. It seems like that kind of thing happens at all the wrong times. I'd know, I'm very guilty of the same thing. {XD}

As for the rest of your post, different people have different opinions on what's reasonable and what's not. What's sensible in a given instance changes even with slight shifts in context. I can see why this specific request can have people on both sides. I'm obviously on the opposite side of you on this. But none of that matters if the OP isn't going to bother to chime in on his thoughts about it. And it's not like this is truly important in the grand scheme of things.
Oh gods, why did you think so much? My "still waiting" means I will show respect if anyone make the vanilla version. Walnut's SGMS version is great, but it would be better if there're vanilla version for those who don't want to relearn the type chart.

Btw, I think you really, really need a rest. Take it easy, don't think too much.
I'm sorry about that. When you use so few words in a post to put a tone on it, you shouldn't be surprised if someone takes it differently from what you intended. You don't seem to have any ill intent, so I'm sorry. And even if you did mean it in the biting sense that I thought you did, I can see why some people might feel that way.

And I got my rest. That was a rough Friday night for me. I wanted to change my post Saturday morning to be less stern, but I figured it was too late by then.
Why don't you make a thread on poke-mega.org? I think it is somewhat weird when you post you hacks on international pokemon community but not our national pokemon community...
That does seem kind of odd. At the same time, the Vietnamese Pokémon hacking community doesn't seem that active from my glimpse at it. I can't really blame him for focusing primarily here to get some exposure. If he's able to quickly make a version for the guys over at those forums, though, I don't see why he shouldn't.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2016
Hey,
I created a patch of Moonsilver with the 6th gen typchart. the rom boots but if this have an error or not idk. you guys need to test it yourself.

Thanks a lot, it works for me (I'm using a DSi with r4i card, not an emulator), but there're quite a few bugs:

My spiritomb is dark/ghost, only weak agaist fairy, but ghost moves also deal x2 damage on him, just like normal ghosts.

Dragon moves deal 0 damage to fairies, instead of x0.5

Ghost moves deal x0.5 damage to dragons, instead of x1

Apparently Bite (dark) deal x1 damage to Haunter (Ghost), but I'm not sure

Btw, which tools did you use? I want to fix them myself but I couldn't find any tools to edit the type chart, only pokemons/moves/maps/items editor..

update: I got gen 6 type chart hex code (thanks to meromero, goo.gl/zmyVs7), but I couldn't overwrite it using Crystal Tile 2 (the save button grey, Ctrl + S didn't work). Any help?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thanks a lot, it works for me (I'm using a DSi with r4i card, not an emulator), but there're quite a few bugs:

My spiritomb is dark/ghost, only weak agaist fairy, but ghost moves also deal x2 damage on him, just like normal ghosts.

Dragon moves deal 0 damage to fairies, instead of x0.5

Ghost moves deal x0.5 damage to dragons, instead of x1

Apparently Bite (dark) deal x1 damage to Haunter (Ghost), but I'm not sure

Btw, which tools did you use? I want to fix them myself but I couldn't find any tools to edit the type chart, only pokemons/moves/maps/items editor..

update: I got gen 6 type chart hex code (thanks to meromero, goo.gl/zmyVs7), but I couldn't overwrite it using Crystal Tile 2 (the save button grey, Ctrl + S didn't work). Any help?

Fairies are immune to Dragon moves actually. That part is correct. But yeah, the ghost type's a bit off. Darks no long resist Ghosts and Dragons are now resistant to Ghosts. Still better to deal with than this game's previous type chart definitely, but it's not perfect.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2016
I'm probably going to start up moon silver pretty soon. I patched storm silver on my computer, then brought it over to my phone, playing it on drastic.

How can you get time to pass, for apricorns to repopulate , and for Kurt to finish your poke balls?

Would you say this rom is bug free? Will I run into problems in my play through ?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
The AR Codes from the given document can't seem to work for me (I play Moon Silver). Any help guys?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2016
I'm probably going to start up moon silver pretty soon. I patched storm silver on my computer, then brought it over to my phone, playing it on drastic.

How can you get time to pass, for apricorns to repopulate , and for Kurt to finish your poke balls?

Would you say this rom is bug free? Will I run into problems in my play through ?

As far as I know, nds simulators cannot get time to pass

Years
Now this hack has so many features that I am blown away, walnut3072. My favorite feature is the move changes, very well thought out. I played some of it and enjoyed it especially how you can get most pokemon early that you normally would get. I love that fact that you labeled Moon Silver as an expansion for Sacred Storm which is awesome. Your screens are wonderful!

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2017
Dear PokeCommunity users I stuck on the safari zone gate because of the grunts. I have defeated every grunt on the way but still no change... What should I do to get them away? Is it connected with the event of Drayano mentioned on the first page?

Edit: I found the solution in case anyone gets stuck on the same area: try to heal your pokemon inside the nearby pokemon center!

Last edited:

glong279

A Royal Knight
Years
The name Sun Gold and Moon Silver are kinda confusing. When I looked at the name, somehow I thought that this game was Sun and Moon related, lol.

Back