• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Collector's Edition

Years
  • I just had a glance through my videogaming collection and I noticed that I have more than a few Special Editions/Collector's Edition sets of more than a few games. I was wondering a) what you deem as buy worthy in terms of Collector's Editions of games and b) which games that you have bought the Collector's Edition for. Do you even buy collector's edition's of games? What's your opinion of them?

Personally? I find little knickknacks like vinyls, figures/statues, art books and replicas. What's your poison? Plushes? Cards? Early Access? Which Collector's editions do you regret purchasing?

Currently I have:

Ar Nosurge
    Fallout Antholagy
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Fallout 4
    Dead or Alive 5
    Dead Space 2
    Deus Ex Machina: Human Revolution
    Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
    Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
    Senran Kagura Estival Versus

What I regret? Only the Last of Us Special Edition. I don't know what I was thinking on that one. The game was... less than stellar and barely above sub par.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I love collectors editions with some sort of physical collectable (Statue, bobble head, hat, etc.) and I have quite a few. I also like to get things like art books and "lore materials" as well as that exclusive content when possible. Funny enough I'm also trying to sell a couple on eBay right now.

I have:
    Halo 3: ODST (though the controller was crushed a few years ago)
    Halo Reach
    Halo 5 (Selling statue)
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Mass Effect 3
    Skyrim (sold statue)
    SWTOR
    Fallout 4 (selling pipboy)
    and am waiting for the collectors items to arrive for Titanfall 2 (You can buy just the items and get a digital copy of the game which is nice since amazon is delayed as F*** with Titanfall 2 CE stuff)

I really regret Fallout 4 and Halo 5 CEs as they ended up being disappointing games and disappointing CEs... Plus the extra cash will be nice!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • LEs usually make me bring more cash on the game or actually buying some expensive game =D
    I love the goodies :D

As for the ones I have.

Vita
    • Danganronpa 2 (LE)
    • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Out of Order (LE)
    • Persona 4 Dancing All Night (special edition with Vita skin)
    • Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (LE)
    • Steins;Gate (LE)
    • Sora no Kiseki SC EVOLUTION (special edition with mouse mat)
    • Trails of Cold Steel (LE)
    • Valkyrie Drive (special edition with a set of CG cards)

PS3
    • Shining Resonance (special edition with mouse mat)
    • Toki to Towa (LE)

Back