• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP appreciation post

Years
  • I've been binge watching the DP series of the anime over the past month and I swear its so good that I get withdrawal symptoms when I go for too long without watching it. Everything from the characters, the story, the music (ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC FAM), its all great. There's never been a series in the anime besides this where I've been able to sit through, and enjoy EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. If you have anything you wanted to say about the series please go ahead :), I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts. I love Dawn as well :)

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I appreciate Dawn, Paul and Infernape's story, as well as the past Pokémon returning for the league.

That's all. I like it but not from a critical perspective, rather a nostalgic perspective.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    I started watching AG a few months ago but couldn't bear it for more than 20 episodes. But DP is many times better. Although they took too much time reaching hearthome city, all episodes were enjoyable and didn't even bore me for a minute

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I'm halfway through watching DP myself and I have pretty mixed feelings. I like Dawn more than May and I like the story with Chimchar, but otherwise I'm not overly into it. Most of the recurring and one-time characters aren't that great. I don't like how they randomly put Paul in some episodes for little reason and that they never give him any heart, and Barry is really annoying. Zoey, Nando, and Kenny are good characters though. I don't really like Professor Rowan either, I miss Burch. The characters in general are just pretty bland and Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket are getting stale. Team Galactic isn't as interesting as Team Magma and Aqua although having Cyrus end up being the leader was an interesting twist, and the Pokémon Hunter J episodes are just alright. There's also been way too many episodes between gym battles, with less interesting fillers than AG. I think the best thing about the series is using some of the old music again, the gym battles, and seeing Gary again.

Back