• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: [Speedrun Puzzles] Who's That Pokémon? - ALL FINISHED

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

• NOTICE: Hi everyone, please click here if you wish to access the main thread of "Who's That Pokémon"!

Cte3cmh.png

Heyo peeps! For the last ten puzzles in this season of Who's That Pokémon? we will be taking the puzzles to a whole new level. Prepare yourself for ten days of WTP madness, as a new puzzle will appear in this thread daily, each with a deadline of only three days. But that's not all that's special about these puzzles, there's more! The Speedrun puzzles are worth two points each. Yes, you heard that right. You can earn yourself the Gold Emblem in less than two weeks if you haven't got it already. =)

If you're new to these type of puzzles, don't fret. It's fairly simple. Each day, I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner! There are however two exceptional puzzles, as you can see in the index, but I'll explain them by that time.

Rewards!

A winner is a winner and a winner is you - assuming you won! Here's what you can expect to win from accumulating points by guessing puzzles correctly. (Hover over the emblems for descriptions!)

8DFzXs4.png
    1BtUXTi.png
    go4YJGS.png
    HjtIofD.png

Puzzle index

Puzzle #91 (Regular puzzle) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #92 (Regular puzzle) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #93 (Regular puzzle) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #94 (Regular puzzle) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #95 (Riddle Time!) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #96 (Regular puzzle) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #97 (Regular puzzle) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #98 (Regular puzzle) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #99 (Regular puzzle) - FINISHED
    Puzzle #100 (Sugimori Edition) - FINISHED

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

• NOTICE: Hey there, please click here if you wish to jump back to the index "Who's That Pokémon? Speedrun"!

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 1 / Puzzle #91 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test again with the first Speedrun puzzle of "Who's That Pokémon"! In this regular puzzle, I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• This puzzle is worth two points in the rankings.
    • Guess the Pokémon whose art is being featured!
    • The clue is a 30×30 px section of the Pokémon's Dream World art (found here) cropped and magnified 8x.
    • Send Lycanthropy a PM (private message) with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want per week, but only your final answer will count!
    • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers, do you?
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them; that's the fun of this game after all!
    • Submit your answers by next Saturday (March 4th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #91

As of December 6, 2016, Mega Pokémon and Alola Forms are now included as possible answers in the standard "Who's That Pokémon" rounds!

r5qqbVe.png

Quite an interesting clue, I'd say. Best of luck, everyone! Oh, and as always feel free to discuss the puzzle in either this thread or the Main Thread!
    Note: this puzzle has ended!

Answer

The answer of this puzzle was...
    Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    HyperMorian
    lexijjerome
    LegendChu
    WriterRaven
    Wobb
    Doodleboppers
    the_true_fido
    Mewtwolover
    Arachneo
    Trainer Roak
    sdw7sm

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

• NOTICE: Hey there, please click here if you wish to jump back to the index "Who's That Pokémon? Speedrun"!

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 2 / Puzzle #92 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test again with the second installment of Who's That Pokémon? Speedrun! In this regular puzzle, I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner! Take note that there is still time left to send in answers for the first puzzle (in the post above) as well. (:

Directions

• The clue is a 30×30 px section of the Pokémon's Dream World art (found here) cropped and magnified 8x.
    • Send Lycanthropy a PM (private message) with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want per week, but only your final answer will count!
    • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers, do you?
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them; that's the fun of this game after all!
    • Submit your answers by next Sunday (March 5th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #92

As of December 6, 2016, Mega Pokémon and Alola Forms are now included as possible answers in the standard "Who's That Pokémon" rounds!

lI9zgzZ.png

Quite an interesting clue, I'd say. Best of luck, everyone! Oh, and as always feel free to discuss the puzzle in either this thread or the Main Thread!

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    Arachneo
    lexijjerome
    WriterRaven
    Trainer Roak
    Mewtwolover
    LegendChu

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 3 / Puzzle #93 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test again with the next puzzle of Who's That Pokémon? Speedrun! In this regular puzzle, I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner! Of course, you are still able to send in your guesses for the previous two puzzles as well, if you haven't already. (:

Directions

• Submit your answers by next Monday (March 6th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #93

VMxXkvf.png

Quite an interesting clue again today, I'd say. Best of luck, everyone! Oh, and as always feel free to discuss the puzzle in either this thread or the Main Thread!

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    lexijjerome
    Mewtwolover
    LegendChu
    WriterRaven
    Trainer Roak
    FantaaFoxx
    Wobb
    Arachneo
    the_true_fido
    LilyGardy

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 4 / Puzzle #94 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test again with the next puzzle of Who's That Pokémon? Speedrun! In this regular puzzle, I'll post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner! Submissions for Puzzle #91 will end shortly, but you are still able to send in your guesses for Puzzle #92 and #93 as well, if you haven't already. (:

Directions

• Submit your answers by next Tuesday (March 7th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #94

FeFgjoC.png

Quite an interesting clue again today, I'd say. Best of luck, everyone! Oh, and as always feel free to discuss the puzzle in either this thread or the Main Thread!

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    WriterRaven
    lexijjerome
    Mewtwolover
    LegendChu
    Trainer Roak
    the_true_fido
    CoelptsEloha
    sdw7sm
    RedHead!

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • #91 - ✔
    #92 - ✔
    #93 - ✔
    #94 - ✔

Are all answers going to be revealed after Puzzle #100?

P.S. - Why is every puzzle labeled Clue #91 :P?

Pika Pika :chu:

Lycanthropy

Years
  • The answer for Puzzle #91 is up! To prevent one big mess, I added it to its original post, which you can check out here!

I'm really happy with the number of guesses I have received for this puzzle, way more than the average as of lately. (Was this one to easy? :P) So keep 'em coming! :D

Lycanthropy

Years

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 5 / Puzzle #95 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test again with the next puzzle of Who's That Pokémon? Speedrun! Today I have a somewhat different puzzle for you guys: a riddle. Guess the Pokémon being described and send your answer to me via PM and you could be our next prize winner! Easy, right? I really couldn't figure out a way to put this one on rhyme, sorry.

Directions

• Guess the Pokémon who's being described in the riddle!
    • Submit your answers by next Wednesday (March 8th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #95

Let's have a word with our "mystery" Pokémon...

"My typing has changed throughout the generations,
    as well as the number of fingers on each of my hands."

Who am I?

Quite the mysterious guy there in the shadows, no? Best of luck, everyone! Oh, and as always feel free to discuss the puzzle in either this thread or the Main Thread!

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    Wobb
    Trainer Roak
    WriterRaven
    Mewtwolover
    the_true_fido
    LegendChu
    CoelptsEloha
    sdw7sm
    RedHead!
    Doodleboppers
    LilyGardy

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 6 / Puzzle #96 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! I hope everybody enjoyed the little bonus-like puzzle from yesterday. Now, it's time to go back to some classic Dream World Art browsing! So yep, today I have post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon again and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• Submit your answers by next Thursday (March 9th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #96

QLQPDec.png

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    Mewtwolover
    the_true_fido
    CoelptsEloha
    WriterRaven
    lexijjerome
    sdw7sm
    Trainer Roak
    LegendChu

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
  • And number 93 has ended as well. A lot more replies for this one compared to #92. Guess this one was a piece of cake.

Hey, what are you waiting for? #96 is up even. Go check it out! :D

Lycanthropy

Years

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 7 / Puzzle #97 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! Time sure flies, doesn't it? We're on Puzzle #97 already! Oh right, Speedrun. Anyway, today I have post a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon again and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• Submit your answers by next Friday (March 10th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #97

AjKtuP6.png

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    Mewtwolover
    WriterRaven
    sdw7sm
    LegendChu
    the_true_fido
    Wobb
    Trainer Roak
    lexijjerome

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Hey everyone! Because of work I won't be able to access a computer today, so the next puzzle will have to wait for tomorrow I'm afraid. :/ Side effect of that is that you have an extra day for the current puzzles.

Alright, see ya tomorrow!

Lycanthropy

Years

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 8 / Puzzle #98 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! We're up on Puzzle #98! Today I have posted a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon again and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• Send Lycanthropy a PM (private message) with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want per round, but only your final answer will count!
    • Submit your answers by next Sunday (March 12th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #98

OxK9YJU.png

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    Mewtwolover
    the_true_fido
    WriterRaven
    lexijjerome
    LegendChu
    Trainer Roak
    thenin10domastur

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 9 / Puzzle #99 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! We're up on Puzzle #99! Today I have posted a zoomed-in section of a Pokémon again and it's your job to tell me which Pokémon the art belongs to. All of the art used will be from the Pokémon's official Dream World art and will be a 30x30 px section of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• Send Lycanthropy a PM (private message) with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want per round, but only your final answer will count!
    • Submit your answers by next Monday (March 13th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #99

HkiAKoY.png

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    Mewtwolover
    lexijjerome
    Trainer Roak
    WriterRaven
    LegendChu
    thenin10domastur
    the_true_fido

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

Cte3cmh.png

Speedrun 10 / Puzzle #100 - FINISHED

Hey there, everyone! Today we're already up to the final puzzle of Who's That Pokémon?. If you have looked down already, you may have noticed that today's clue is a snippet from a Pokémon artwork, just like most other puzzles. But instead of our oh-so-familiar Dream World art, this piece has been taken from the official artworks by Ken Sugimori, which can be found here. As usual the taken section is 30x30 px of the art cropped and zoomed in 8×. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• The clue is a 30×30 px section of the official Ken Sugimori art (found here) cropped and magnified 8x.
    • Submit your answers by next Wednesday (March 15th) before 8:00 p.m. CEST (1 p.m. EST) if you want them to count!

Clue - #100

73nX3ba.png

Answer

Spoiler:

Today's winners:
    WriterRaven
    Trainer Roak
    Mewtwolover
    Doodleboppers

Last edited:
    Back