• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you more careful with physical cartridges of older gens?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
  • I don't test glitches or mess around with the code in any of my physical games, especially my first and second gen games. I do a ton of weird stuff with my digital copies because pretty much the worst that can happen is a lost save and a corrupted download. With physical copies of older generations getting so much more expensive, I can't afford to do anything that might break them.

Years
  • I'd probably say yes, since my Black 2 cartridge went corrupt. Only Pokemon game of mine so far to go completely bust on me, but it lost me so much.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I've done Missingo Glitch on Blue and got a corrupted save file, but that was when I was younger. Right now I'd be more reluctant doing that. The Coin Case glitch is the only one I have interest in doing, but otherwise I'd rather not do any weird stuff at all. I remember losing quite some Pokémon after cloning for a while in Emerald. I still don't know why or how that even happened, but they were suddenly gone...

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    For some reason no, I believe older cartridge are sturdier so I would try to glitch them as much as I could. Can't remember how many times me and my dad did the Missingno glitch. I'm careful with my new cartridge and they seem to corrupt and break so easily. I corrupted my save file in Sun and I have no idea why. It crashes/freezes a lot on my hacked 3DS, too.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I didn't even know newer cartridges/carts were at risk for corruption (I don't even know how to do that except hacking/cheating). That's a shame. :/

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I didn't even know newer cartridges/carts were at risk for corruption (I don't even know how to do that except hacking/cheating). That's a shame. :/

Aaah sorry, I forgot to mention; I was using cheats when my save data got corrupted. But this never happened to me and I've been using cheating devices since Diamond! It wasn't a bad connection or wire either, so I just really believe newer cartridge are weaker...

Years
  • I never really mess around with my older cartridges and make sure to keep them safe and in a good condition, so yeah I'd say I do.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Yeah, i am, though the only glitch i tried in my Pokemon Pearl was the Void one, to get legit Darkrai and Shaymin.

Back